blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:05:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  ***THE OFFICIAL TV SHOW THREAD***
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 313 314 [315] 316 317 318 319 320 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ***THE OFFICIAL TV SHOW THREAD***  (Read 684570 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4710 on: March 09, 2020, 05:42:50 PM »

This season of Homeland is too good.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #4711 on: March 09, 2020, 07:34:16 PM »

Agree on that, have found it really strong/entertaining again this year - I think it's because the story has been driven so far without her bipolar issues quite so much to the fore.

sola virtus nobilitat
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4712 on: March 09, 2020, 07:38:30 PM »

Agree on that, have found it really strong/entertaining again this year - I think it's because the story has been driven so far without her bipolar issues quite so much to the fore.

Yeah, we know she's a wack job. Don't need reminding of it in every story arc.

4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #4713 on: March 12, 2020, 04:43:58 PM »

Seven Seconds
Netflix

Worth a watch. Good stuff if you like corrupt Narc cops mixed with social realism and characters that have more than one dimension. I’ve honestly not been able to predict anything that’s happened so far...
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #4714 on: March 14, 2020, 01:58:47 PM »

Covid-19 lockdown update - just watched 'The Test' on Prime.

A year and a half following the Aussie cricket team, felt a bit contrived in parts to show good blokeism above all but very enjoyable series.

Little known fact, I played against Justin Langer when he played at Old Millhillians so could have easily been a documentary featuring me rather than JL but tbf, he pushed on a bit better in his cricket career.

sola virtus nobilitat
marcro

View Profile
« Reply #4715 on: March 20, 2020, 01:19:22 PM »

Covid-19 lockdown update - just watched 'The Test' on Prime.

A year and a half following the Aussie cricket team, felt a bit contrived in parts to show good blokeism above all but very enjoyable series.

Little known fact, I played against Justin Langer when he played at Old Millhillians so could have easily been a documentary featuring me rather than JL but tbf, he pushed on a bit better in his cricket career.

Agreed.

They did a very good job showing the personal side of the players, almost got me liking them!

It did reinforce what a great batsman Steve Smith is and what a difference he made in the Ashes.

Another recommendation to watch this.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 01:21:20 PM by marcro » Logged
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4716 on: March 31, 2020, 10:27:21 AM »

Just finished watching Avenue 5, the recent Sky series with Hugh Laurie and Josh Gad (voice of Olaf, from Frozen).

It's a comedy series based on a space cruiser being stranded in space.  Naturally it has elements of Red Dwarf in it but, as you'd expect from Armando Ianucci, it has the deadpan style of humour of The Thick Of It within it too.  I enjoyed it far more than I expected to.  There are one or two genius comedic moments within it, most notably around the effects of gravity as the series develops.

Worth a watch, and I'm hoping that it returns for a second series at some point.  It's the sort of thing that you'll know whether you'll like it or not from the first episode, so not something that you'll have to spend a lot of time on if you're in the "or not" category.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4717 on: March 31, 2020, 10:30:58 AM »

Breeders is excellent.

The older I get, the better I was.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #4718 on: March 31, 2020, 01:22:32 PM »

BT Sports documentary night last night. Golazzo and Catching Hell. Both recced.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #4719 on: March 31, 2020, 07:03:25 PM »

Just finished watching Avenue 5, the recent Sky series with Hugh Laurie and Josh Gad (voice of Olaf, from Frozen).

It's a comedy series based on a space cruiser being stranded in space.  Naturally it has elements of Red Dwarf in it but, as you'd expect from Armando Ianucci, it has the deadpan style of humour of The Thick Of It within it too.  I enjoyed it far more than I expected to.  There are one or two genius comedic moments within it, most notably around the effects of gravity as the series develops.

Worth a watch, and I'm hoping that it returns for a second series at some point.  It's the sort of thing that you'll know whether you'll like it or not from the first episode, so not something that you'll have to spend a lot of time on if you're in the "or not" category.

Definitely in the ‘like’ demographic here. Some moments of pure unadulterated farce interspersed with some ‘I can’t believe they did that’ moments that have you laughing like a drain whilst simultaneously wondering if you should.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #4720 on: April 02, 2020, 07:43:13 PM »

The dystopian setting for Brockmire's last season is pretty on point.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4721 on: April 03, 2020, 09:41:54 AM »

The dystopian setting for Brockmire's last season is pretty on point.

Started watching Brockmire last night. 4 episodes in and i am really enjoying it.Thanks for the nudge.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #4722 on: April 03, 2020, 10:42:56 AM »

Season 2 is commissioned I believe, but this darned virus thing may delay it.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #4723 on: April 03, 2020, 06:50:12 PM »

Ozark series 3 doesn't disappoint.

Ah! The element of surprise
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #4724 on: April 06, 2020, 06:23:55 PM »

Uni Chal down to four.

Brandon v Wang? Or the more balanced Trinity crash tha party? Anything but the mega-tiltting Wang picking up the trophy be fine I think.

Elsewhere, I'm about a third of the way through the 30 for 30 docs on BT Sport and still to come across a bad one.

Cosmos on National Geo also recommended. deGrasse Tyson showing Shatner how it's done. Was surprised to see Seth McFarlane pop up as Executive Producer though.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 06:28:51 PM by Chompy » Logged

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 313 314 [315] 316 317 318 319 320 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: