blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:51:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  ***THE OFFICIAL TV SHOW THREAD***
Pages: 1 ... 314 315 316 317 [318] 319 320 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ***THE OFFICIAL TV SHOW THREAD***  (Read 684784 times)
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #4755 on: May 18, 2020, 08:08:59 PM »

The Last Dance, the story of the great Bulls team on Netflix is excellent.

+1 to this, a wee bit annoying that they are releasing a couple of episodes at a time.

Geo

Just one Ep into this and its done really well, look forward to the rest. Think it's pretty easy to enjoy whether you're a basketball fan or not, like Senna which was focused on motor sport I think.

Episodes 7 and 8 are particularly awesome in my opinion. I can’t expand on why without spoilers but it’s great TV.

Just watched 7 and 8 yesterday. Really is brilliantly done and the cast of characters are great fun to watch.

Also watched a sports doc about Bobby Robson. Don't know if that's been mentioned here but it's another really good un.

Episodes 9 & 10 are every bit as good. As a life long Larry Bird fan, the brief exchange after game 7 vs the Pacers is gold 😊.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #4756 on: May 19, 2020, 08:03:14 AM »

I think I have just become the last person in the world to watch Prison Break.

No idea why I never watched it before now. It's not like I watched one episode and didn't enjoy it, just never even started. Very strange as I'm a big fan of series in general especially this type.

Anyway I really enjoyed the whole thing and absolutely loved the end of season 4, nice to see a series end well as so many are absolute tripe.

Bit of a shame to then go straight in to season 5 which I believe was made a decade or so later as it kind of took the edge off it and actually made the ending of season 4 seem like bollocks Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #4757 on: May 19, 2020, 10:19:10 AM »

No idea why I never watched it before now. It's not like I watched one episode and didn't enjoy it, just never even started. Very strange as I'm a big fan of series in general especially this type.

Anyway I really enjoyed the whole thing and absolutely loved the end of season 4, nice to see a series end well as so many are absolute tripe.

Bit of a shame to then go straight in to season 5 which I believe was made a decade or so later as it kind of took the edge off it and actually made the ending of season 4 seem like bollocks Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Prison Break is quite possibly my number 1 series of all time. I like it that much that I can forget season 5's impact on the end of season 4 and I didn't hate it as much as the masses did. As it happens, I just seen some season 6 promo stuff online this morning.
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #4758 on: May 19, 2020, 12:44:56 PM »

Nah. Not seen it myself bar snippets. Probably never will. My days of TV serial watching are probably over, just seems like a waste of time. Much prefer watching documentary style TV shows etc.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #4759 on: May 19, 2020, 01:42:09 PM »

Prison Break is quite possibly my number 1 series of all time. I like it that much that I can forget season 5's impact on the end of season 4 and I didn't hate it as much as the masses did. As it happens, I just seen some season 6 promo stuff online this morning.

I can imagine the season 5 thing was very annoying for people who had invested many years in the series particularly given that each season took 6 months to get through patiently waiting week by week.

Not a major problem for me as I was only in for about a month Cheesy

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4760 on: May 21, 2020, 10:27:44 PM »

The Wire on Sky Atlantic.

Time for a rewatch i think.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
marcro

View Profile
« Reply #4761 on: May 23, 2020, 11:13:27 AM »

The Spy on Netflix.

This drama tells the true story of Israel's most prominent spy, Eli Cohen, who infiltrated the Syrian government in the 1960s.

I am halfway through and it has exceeded expectations. 

Recommended viewing.

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #4762 on: May 23, 2020, 01:03:12 PM »

The Spy on Netflix.

This drama tells the true story of Israel's most prominent spy, Eli Cohen, who infiltrated the Syrian government in the 1960s.

I am halfway through and it has exceeded expectations.  

Recommended viewing.

Really enjoyed this too, SBC was very good in the lead role.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #4763 on: September 16, 2020, 09:08:33 PM »

Ted Lasso on Apple tv is excellent.

Dropping a US comedy star into a UK football club set some low expectations. Initial impressions were it's a charming show whose novelty would wear off, instead it keeps improving week to week.
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #4764 on: September 18, 2020, 12:29:03 PM »

Just started to watch Designated Survivor. Really enjoying it so far. Very much has the kind of 24 vibe I miss in a TV show.

Ah! The element of surprise
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #4765 on: September 18, 2020, 03:04:11 PM »

Just started to watch Designated Survivor. Really enjoying it so far. Very much has the kind of 24 vibe I miss in a TV show.

on my list this.. currently on falling skies ( alien invasion,human resistance etc )..not bad..also Cobra Kai.. enjoying this and not what I was expecting..both central leads have good and dick sides Smiley

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #4766 on: September 18, 2020, 08:22:05 PM »

on my list this.. currently on falling skies ( alien invasion,human resistance etc )..not bad..also Cobra Kai.. enjoying this and not what I was expecting..both central leads have good and dick sides Smiley

Has it's moments but the administration is too progressive for you to enjoy - at least it was for me. First episode is good though

sola virtus nobilitat
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #4767 on: September 20, 2020, 05:29:26 PM »

Season 2 of The Boys is several episodes in and is excellent. Really enjoying it so far.
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #4768 on: September 22, 2020, 11:43:00 AM »

Has it's moments but the administration is too progressive for you to enjoy - at least it was for me. First episode is good though

This is true.

I'm not quite so impressed with the second season still watchable.

Ah! The element of surprise
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #4769 on: September 22, 2020, 02:28:31 PM »

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

When your other finishes Cobra Kai without you

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Pages: 1 ... 314 315 316 317 [318] 319 320 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: