blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:01:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 177817 times)
technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #495 on: July 24, 2010, 05:34:42 PM »

Salivating

It's better to be looking at it than looking for it.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #496 on: July 24, 2010, 05:34:51 PM »

PS  It's really nummy too!

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #497 on: July 24, 2010, 06:04:08 PM »

Just in case anyone else wants to give it a go:

Blackcurrant Jam

1 lb. blackcurrants
1 1/2 lb. sugar
water

Put sugar into a low heat oven.  I heated it at 150 degrees - but lower if yer using a fan oven. 

Toss yer berries into a big ol' pot and fill with water to just under the top line of the berries.  Boil that lot for 20 minutes. 

Take sugar out of the oven and add to the berry mix.  Bring to the boil again and stir mad for the next 20 minutes while it boils away.  You HAVE to keep stirring or it will burn. 

At the end of the 20 minutes do the 'set test'.  Place a small amount on a saucer.  If it goes squishy and jam like, yer good to go.  If not, keep boiling mad until it gets to that state.

Pour into yer jam jars and wait for it to cool a bit before you cover. 

There ya have it.  Happy jamming folks!

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #498 on: July 24, 2010, 07:19:09 PM »

pictures or it didn't happen.

told  Smiley

Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #499 on: July 24, 2010, 10:04:31 PM »

Happy jamming folks!

good quote for a poker forum

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #500 on: July 25, 2010, 10:55:52 AM »

That looks very tasty indeed.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #501 on: July 25, 2010, 11:29:11 AM »

We've a debate going in this house at the minute.  All the crickets (bar one batch) have been relatively quiet in the past.  We're debating whether this current lot tops the other loud lot.  I'm convinced they're louder.  In fact, I'm now hearing them even when they're quiet.  They're embedded in me brain FFS!  Make it stop.  Pleeeeeeeeease someone make it stop!

Conversation just now, "Sinéad!  Please feed the lizard some of the crickets from that top batch...and hopefully you'll get the loud fecker!"

She's just given me the executioner's nod.  She's on the case.  One time. 

Click to see full-size image.

Click to see full-size image.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #502 on: July 27, 2010, 10:01:16 AM »

I've some very good friends.  Seriously.  Friends will come and go.  And when you're an outgoing nutter like me, it's almost like a revolving door at times.  It can be hard when one of them lets you down, but that's where the true friends come in.  Even when you're being a pain in the backside, they're there for you. 

You can count your true friends on one hand.  I've been thinking about it...and I've used all the fingers on that hand with my count.  How great is that?  Feeling very fortunate this morning. 

xx

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #503 on: July 27, 2010, 10:19:22 AM »

I've a funeral to go to this morning.  I generally don't go to funerals as a rule - unless it's someone really close to me.  Luckily I've not had to attend too many as a result.  I know some people who make every funeral within a 50 mile radius even if they just barely know a second cousin to the deceased.  WTF is that about?!  I call them funeral chasers.  They just like to be seen to be there.  Granted, they also like to attend the post funeral pub session after. 

Anyway, today I'm breaking my own rule.  I've never met the woman who's died and couldn't even tell you her name.  She lived a long life and from what I'm told it was a happy one.  Only for she being the Grandmother of someone close to me, I wouldn't be there.  But she is, so I'll be there.  Sigh.

We're to go to the pub after the service.  I won't mind that part so much.   

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #504 on: July 27, 2010, 01:20:49 PM »

Lol, a guy at my dad's work used to cycle to every funeral he could go to, within a 50k radius,....providing the people were catholic as he said "they do the best funerals".

He was some fella, also used to cycle to the other end of the city where he lived just because the lettuce was 5 cents (approx 1.5p) cheaper over there and he "had nothing better to do".

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: July 27, 2010, 03:24:57 PM »

Don't know how other crowds do funerals, but the Catholics definitely have their own version down to a fine art.  Managed to get there and back in no time.  AND (shock horror) skipped the pub portion of proceedings.  Had a look around at the motley crew in the cemetery and just knew it was going to be an all day (and night) affair.  They're same crowd that show up to my house on New Year's Eve...and are still here at noon the next day.  They'll be back in the village by noon tomorrow for 'the cure'.  I just didn't feel up to the long haul...go figure.

lazaroonie

Your a dead man Den Watts !!

View Profile
« Reply #506 on: July 27, 2010, 04:04:47 PM »

Lol, a guy at my dad's work used to cycle to every funeral he could go to, within a 50k radius,....providing the people were catholic as he said "they do the best funerals".

He was some fella, also used to cycle to the other end of the city where he lived just because the lettuce was 5 cents (approx 1.5p) cheaper over there and he "had nothing better to do".

my experiences of the Dutch people in two years of living and working with them, was that they made us Scots look like Richard Pryor in Brewsters Millions...

The blog of my friend Colchester Kev
http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #507 on: July 28, 2010, 04:23:20 AM »

Well.  What a day.  Started out with a funeral, went on to drama, then ended with a forced night in the pub thanks to Bridget.  I absolutely adore her.  End of.  Lifesaver supreme.  She's one of the counted lot I was on about earlier.  And she's insisted she's going with me next time I meet you lot.  Warned in advance.  lol

I've been struggling with a goodly few things in Laxieland.  Anyone reading this thread surely knows the bones of it.  But I've something eating at me brain this minute and like the crickets, I can't make it go away.  So here we go.

Blonde has it's ups and downs.  So does life.  Blonde has it's family and friends and so does life.  Blonde has good and bad.  So does life.  It's up to you lot to decide what's important. 

Regardless of the crap, I've met many good people on here and I won't be going anywhere soon.  It's up to us to keep it going.  I'll be here tomorrow and I'll be smiling regardless.  Will you?  I hope so. 

Let's get on with it.

/rant

xx

SirPerceval

View Profile
« Reply #508 on: July 28, 2010, 10:24:15 AM »

Keep smiling Dawn, and in doing that you make others smile too.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #509 on: July 28, 2010, 11:39:37 AM »

my experiences of the Dutch people in two years of living and working with them, was that they made us Scots look like Richard Pryor in Brewsters Millions...

lol...true..I still don't see the point in spending more than £3.50 on 5 pairs of socks.

then again, I have tonness of nice shiny new socks Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: