blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:58:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 177793 times)
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #525 on: July 30, 2010, 09:36:33 AM »

gtfo stew

gtfo Bongo.

Stew is mev.

Cycling 20 miles to the g/f's mums tonight after work, stew is my reward when I get there.  Love it.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #526 on: July 31, 2010, 01:00:17 PM »

I received a lovely pm earlier in the week from a long time member of blonde who doesn't post very often.  In my reply, I made a promise.  This one's for you mystery member. 

I've been taking pictures as we go along during Cassie's recovery.  The last one ye saw was a picture of her with the wrap still on.  Well, here's what she looked like once we took it off.  This picture was taken when Rocky (the cat) was still alive and Cassie was on the look out for him at the time.  Right from the start she carried on as if there was nothing wrong with her.  Cheeky pup.

Click to see full-size image.

Well, it's 6 weeks on and she's right as rain in Ireland again.   

As for the stuffed rabbit and dog?  Blame Sarah.  Well, that's not entirely fair.  You can blame Bridget too. 

Bridget got a new puppy earlier this week.  Bailey is her name and she's a cross between Lab, Retriever and Dalmatian.  A mutt really...but don't tell Bridget that.  Bailey's white and looks a bit like a chubby, wrinkly Andrex puppy.  So nothing doing only Bridget had to bring her over for a visit.  As she's so small we put our own two out the back at the start.  Once Bailey was settled in, we allowed Lily to join us first.  I knew at best Lily would be kind and at worst would just ignore the puppy.  She went for the ignoring option.  Although it's very possible Lily just didn't see her as her hair has grown back so much. 

Next we let Cassie in.  Keeping in mind Cassie 'likes' small animals, we held her by the collar during introductions.  Cassie was sniffing mad the minute she walked in!  Hadn't even set eyes on Bailey yet, but knew there was something new to play with around the place.  Once the Cassie and Bailey introductions were over, Bridget carried her home so we could let Cassie have a good tear around the house.  She went mental! 

Sarah got it into her head that Cassie needed some play things of her own after the meeting with Bailey.  First she brought down the wee Andrex toy.  Cassie cuddled up to it from the get go.  Next thing, Sarah decided she might like a wee stuffed rabbit to play with too...seeing as she can't chase them in the field any more.  Enter the wee stuffed bunny.  Cassie grabbed it in her mouth the first time and fell asleep with it stashed there. 

So now Cassie has a wee puppy for cuddling and a wee rabbit for chasing.  The kids toss the rabbit around the house and Cassie goes chasing.  Rinse repeat for around 20 minutes before she's finally worn out.  Might not be the big green fields, but at least she still gets to chase and we don't have to worry as much about her leg. 

Will get some more pictures up when she wakes later on.  She's wrecked at the minute from her morning bunny chase around the house. 

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #527 on: July 31, 2010, 01:29:08 PM »

Apologies for the blurry shots.  I REALLY need to get a proper camera.  Granted, it would help if the dogs stood still now and then.  lol

« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 06:03:49 PM by Laxie » Logged

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #528 on: July 31, 2010, 02:39:08 PM »

County Down vs County Kerry in the All Ireland Senior Football Championship Quarter Finals.  Down winning at the minute.  Pleeeeeeeease let them still be winning at the final whistle!!! 

Bridget (she's from Kerry) wants to me join her out on the town in Killarney tonight.  Forgot the match was on when I said I'd consider it.  Likely hood of my going to town now?!  Zero to not happening.  If Kerry win, the place will be thronged with a bunch of merry piss heads.  If Kerry lose, the place will be thronged with a bunch of cross piss heads.  Either way, they'll be in some form or another.  And I've a feeling it won't be pretty.  Ah well.  My body will thank me for it tomorrow.

Nothing against Bridget but...

COME OOOOOOOON DOWN!!!!!

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #529 on: July 31, 2010, 02:53:34 PM »

What eejit came up with the term 'funny bone'?  There is NOTHING funny about hitting the damn thing.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #530 on: July 31, 2010, 03:38:55 PM »

Sarah was out for a walk with Cassie so Bridget's son landed down to ours with Bailey.  

Bailey likes the wee toys we've out for Cassie.  And Lily's not impressed.  I got a look from Lily as if to say, "Not ANOTHER one?!  You ARE kidding, right?!"

Then Sarah and Cassie returned.  Cassie wasn't impressed either.  Someone had been messing with her bed.  That's a HUGE no-no.  Even Lily doesn't go there.  Sarah showed her who was responsible for the intrusion before Bailey was carried home.

Bridget has it in her head the 3 dogs will be best mates some day and we can walk the lot of them together.  Only time will tell, but they seem to be getting on ok so far.  Well, the older two want nothing to do with the wee pup at the minute.  But at least they haven't ripped her apart.  Yet.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 06:04:45 PM by Laxie » Logged

The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: July 31, 2010, 03:43:33 PM »

Cassie coat is gleaming.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #532 on: July 31, 2010, 03:44:41 PM »

Great pictures Dawn.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #533 on: July 31, 2010, 03:48:55 PM »

County Down have taken Kerry (the current All Ireland Champs) down and out of the Championship!!!!!!!!!  wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

cupcake cupcake cupcake cupcake cupcake cupcake cupcake cupcake cupcake cupcake

PS  Sorry Bridget...lol, no I'm not.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #534 on: July 31, 2010, 04:00:09 PM »

Cassie coat is gleaming.

Aye.  I alternate between cod liver oil and olive oil in their food.  Helps the coats and Lily's old bones.  They also get a small rub of oil direct to any dry patch until it comes back round.

Great pictures Dawn.

Cheers!  Rambling on about whatever isn't a problem, but I get out of the 'photos habit' now and then.  Need the odd nudge to get me back on track.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 04:02:04 PM by Laxie » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #535 on: July 31, 2010, 04:31:02 PM »

Lovely photos Dawn, really first-class.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #536 on: July 31, 2010, 04:33:22 PM »

Brilliant photos!

Set the dogs onto the crickets, stand back and watch....

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #537 on: August 01, 2010, 12:21:57 PM »

Brilliant photos!

Set the dogs onto the crickets, stand back and watch....

Lily would definitely miss the memo and I doubt poor Cassie could handle all of them by herself.

Lovely photos Dawn, really first-class.

Sigh.  You would say that.  I've seen your photography skills.  xx

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #538 on: August 01, 2010, 12:39:38 PM »

So today is a big day for people in County Cork.  Today it's our turn in the All Ireland Quarter Finals.  We're up against County Roscommon.  If we can't beat them, we don't even deserve to be in the Quarters.  Time will tell. 

I'm breaking away from my sofa for the first time all week-end to go out and watch it.  It's a bank holiday in Ireland but I've not been pushed about going out.  If it weren't for the match, I wouldn't be going out today either.  But football in Cork is fun and I really enjoy the banter during a match.  No doubt there will be Kerry people in our local pubs cheering on the opposition, same as Cork fans were doing yesterday.  We're a border village, so that's just how it is.  Win or lose though, it's all good fun when Cork are playing.

COME OOOOOOOOOOOOON THE REBELS!!!

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #539 on: August 01, 2010, 02:21:55 PM »

I'm breaking away from my sofa for the first time all week-end to go out and watch it.

Or not.    

Change of plans and I'm watching it from my sofa.  Why stray from the norm?  Will be hard pressed to stay home if they win though.

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: