blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:55:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 177825 times)
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #645 on: September 10, 2010, 10:29:37 AM »

*SNAP*

Actually, I woke around 2am and was much better.  By 3am I very nearly considered posting, but the eyes were playing tricks on me as I typed, so gave it a swerve.  Can't be speeling things wrong all over the shop now can I?  Anyway, good few hours sleep and eyes back to normal...off we go.

Registration behind us on Tuesday, the plan was to sort the financing Wednesday.  Then we'd head up to the flat Thursday to deliver some of his stuff and pay the year's rent.  Home again until Saturday or Sunday when we'd gather the rest of his stuff for the final move and take him up.  Well, that was my plan anyway.  Brian had other plans.  On our way home from registration Tuesday, he made those plans known.

"Mom...why all the driving back and forth?  All that time and petrol wasted on extra trips when we could have the lot done on Thursday."

"What do you mean?"  I knew full well what he meant, but was desperately hoping I was wrong. 

"Sure, can't I just move up on Thursday?  One of my flat mates is already there and it'll give me a few days to get use to the place before school on Monday.  Besides, all this running back and forth is silly...and you know it."

The kid had a point.  Sigh. 

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #646 on: September 10, 2010, 10:39:49 AM »

Wednesday we set up his student bank account.  I've it sorted in such a way that if he's ever stuck, I can ship money into that account and he can collect using his bank link card.  It's over an hour's drive to get to him and this just made most sense. 

From the bank we headed to the Garda station.  He'd need a national age card.  Saves him risking the loss of his passport when asked for ID.  As we're filling out the forms, the Guard on duty asks with a giggle and a smile, "So, have you set up his 'drink link' yet?" 

"Sorry?" 

"Drink link.  You know.  The account you'll deposit into in cases of emergency while he's away."

"Well, yeah.  But why do you call it a drink link?"

"You don't honestly think they call asking for more money for food do you?"

"Well, I'd hoped that's what it was for!"

Cue fits of laughter from the Guard and a wry smile from Brian.  Marv.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #647 on: September 10, 2010, 10:55:01 AM »

We loaded the car to the top yesterday with all of his gear and headed off.  Once we'd delivered the lot to the flat, I carried him to a couple of shops for food and other bits.  I asked him if he'd like the few tins thrown into the cart as well, but he gave out to me. 

"Mom!  I don't want to look like an alcho landing back with drink!"

"You may as well take it now while you can.  I'll be damned if I'm going to send you 'drink link' money in a few days time so you can pay twice as much for the stuff in some other shop."

He put up a wee struggle, but I won out in the end.  At least I know he has food for the first week...to go with the drink.

Back to the flat to unload the shopping while we had the old chat - it was pretty clear I was to go home.  I asked him if he'd walk me to the car and he agreed.  As I walked out of his room, he called me back in. 

With a cheeky smile on his face, "Can we do the hugs and kisses thing here instead of in the car park?  Please?"  Go on then.  As he gave me that last hug he said, "Don't worry Mom.  I'll be ok.  Promise."

I don't usually pray...but I did on the way home.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #648 on: September 10, 2010, 11:26:11 AM »

Now then.  Enough of the soppy stuff.  I've dogs to groom. 

Yep.  It's that time of the year.  Lily's semi-annual shave down.  She's gone a bit shocking, despite all the brushing.  Plus she smells plain horrible.  Even Cassie's eyes are tearing over from the smell of her.  Sarah is well pissed off as we don't allow Lily sleep with her when she gets to this point.  She feels bad for leaving Lily out, but I hold tough on that rule.  Meanwhile Cassie's been loving the extra space.  She's been taking full advantage of it too.  Well not for much longer.   

I use to cut Lily's hair myself before the back started acting up.  But it takes me four hours and a house of mess to get the job done.  Not to mention the state of my back once I'm finished.  So with the past couple of years I've booked her in to have it done properly.  Drop her off, go shopping and land back later to a lovely Lily.  Bald...but at least she doesn't smell.

Takes her a week or so to get use to the new do each time.  Especially if they shave her too close.  The razor burn is a bitch when she tries to sit down.  To be fair, they haven't done the 'close shave' in a goodly while.  After the second round of watching her try to sleep standing up, I've copped on and request they not cut it so tight when I make the appointment.  Lily is grateful. 

It's amazing how her mood changes too.  She'll have spent the last couple of weeks pouting around the place.  But from the minute I collect her at the groomer's she'll  go absolutely nuts!  Happens every time.  She knows those couple of hours mean free reign around the place again.  What caught me for a hop was Cassie's mood though.  She's been looking at Lily with a wee sad face with the past couple of days too.  Need to get the appointment made ASAP.  One moping dog is bad enough...but two?! 

As for Cassie?  Well, no need to send her to them as her hair is manageable.  So Sarah and I will be looking after Cassie's wash once we get home with the cleaner version of Lily.  Bedding tossed into a super hot water wash, the usual flea and worm dose doggy stuff done and they'll be right for the winter thrown down by the fire.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #649 on: September 10, 2010, 12:00:28 PM »

Bald...but at least he doesn't smell.

Funny, that's why MrsB married me.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #650 on: September 10, 2010, 12:06:13 PM »

Bald...but at least he doesn't smell.

Funny, that's why MrsB married me.

And here I thought it was yer sock fetish that won her over.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #651 on: September 10, 2010, 02:35:27 PM »

On the road again.  Just spoke to Brian and he wants me to collect him.  Turns out everyone else is sick of it already and they've all gone home for their week-end.  Must hop in the shower and then I'm off for the hour plus drive each way.  He didn't even last 24 hours on his own.  It's going to be a long year.   

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #652 on: September 10, 2010, 02:45:52 PM »

On the road again.  Just spoke to Brian and he wants me to collect him.  Turns out everyone else is sick of it already and they've all gone home for their week-end.  Must hop in the shower and then I'm off for the hour plus drive each way.  He didn't even last 24 hours on his own.  It's going to be a long year.   

But secretly, just how happy are you?

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #653 on: September 10, 2010, 02:46:22 PM »

Doing a fecking jig and not at all hiding it!

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #654 on: September 10, 2010, 11:11:31 PM »

Doing a fecking jig and not at all hiding it!

LOL - expect this every weekend pretty much for the first term.
The_duke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #655 on: September 11, 2010, 11:48:47 AM »

FFS I buy Marie a set of suitcases every Christmas and she still hasn't taken the hint.

A great many people believe they are thinking, when in fact they are just rearranging their prejudices
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #656 on: September 11, 2010, 01:18:41 PM »

Cheap flights me eye.  They want me first born for next Friday's trip.  But it's all been 'splained.....

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #657 on: September 13, 2010, 02:37:24 PM »

On the road again at the end of the week, so I've only the few days to get this place in order before packing and off.  Today's cleaning music was an odd mix.  I went for the likes of Cyndi Lauper and The Cure.  Anything and everything I ever danced to in me teens was played today.  Dunno why, but there ya go.  An 80's fest gone mad. 

For the rest of the day, I'm mostly planning other days.  lol  Must book Lily in for her shave down.  I've done more hoovering than should be allowed by law.  She's not really shedding more than usual as such.  Her hair's just that bit longer now so it's more noticeable around the place...and it's doing me head in. 

Also have to sort schedules for the kids.  When I first started making these trips I just assumed this lot could handle things while I was away.  Turns out that isn't the case.  For the first few trips I was getting calls at all hours to sort meals (which I'd already cooked), drives to footy matches, discos and you name it.  After one particularly late Friday night, I got the panic call early on the Saturday morning.  Sure was pleased about that.  Turns out they were expected to play for two different teams later that day...at the same time.  Phoned the coach of the girl's team to discover it was a championship match.  Then phoned the guy's coach to be told they were wanted for what was just a challenge match.  UL Lads.  My girls are playing for the girls.  Can I go back to sleep now?  To be fair, they've gotten better at managing these things without me.  But I've a feeling with Brian going to and from college while I'm away and Cork playing in the All Ireland Final on Sunday, I might be in for more phone calls this trip.

Speaking of calls.  Still don't have the replacement phone for the HTC lost in England.  Meteor haven't them in stock and don't know when they'll get 'em.  Marv.  On the plus side, I was able to get out of my 18 month contract and still get the free HTC replacement - when they ever get them back in stock.  Until then, I've a phone older than Tikay.  If I hang on to it much longer, museums might be interested in buying it off me for one of their exhibits. 

Oh yeah.  Thought we had Sarah's camera fixed.  Well, we do...kind of.  But I'm horrible at remembering which setting needs to be on for it to work.  Took loads of photos at the week-end with intention of posting them.  Went to upload 'em to the computer only to discover they don't exist because I didn't set the camera properly.  Will be getting more lessons from Sarah later today.  I sooooo miss my phone!  Sigh.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #658 on: September 13, 2010, 09:28:02 PM »

My Desire arrived today. 

That was with T-mobile who had the same problem with stock, so maybe yours will arrive soon?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #659 on: September 13, 2010, 09:29:47 PM »

My Desire arrived today. 

That was with T-mobile who had the same problem with stock, so maybe yours will arrive soon?

[ ] cheers

sigh

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: