blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 04:20:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272631 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 177949 times)
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: April 09, 2010, 11:28:02 AM »

"A bit to the left please.  Oh yeah...that's it."  Loving life.........

Click to see full-size image.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 09, 2010, 11:36:44 AM »

Said to my girls, "Any chance you could take a picture where ya don't make me look HUGE in it?"

Sinéad, "Mom, we're taking pictures.  We're not magicians." 

Sigh.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
The_duke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: April 09, 2010, 06:35:27 PM »

Said to my girls, "Any chance you could take a picture where ya don't make me look HUGE in it?"

Sinéad, "Mom, we're taking pictures.  We're not magicians." 

Sigh.

Always said that girl should be on the stage

A great many people believe they are thinking, when in fact they are just rearranging their prejudices
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 11, 2010, 12:57:26 PM »

It's been a bit manic in Laxie world, hence the lack of a tale on here.  However yesterday evening was one of those times where ya just throw in the towel and say, "Oh screw it.  Get through it and ya can start again tomorrow."

So we're into 'tomorrow' now and me brain still isn't awake, but we'll give a go at an old tale.

Ever have one of those days where it seems like the whole world crashes all around you?  Ya spend the day trying to work yer way through the rubble of life and just about the time you think you've got there...psyche!  Welcome to Laxie world.  By around 5pm, things were looking up a bit.  Was off to get some steaks for the dinner, the horses were good to me (Thank you AP) and Sarah was just about to take the dogs for a walk in the fields with her friends.  Natural rhythm of the house restored.  Famous last words.  lol

When I got to the shop, they were just about done putting away the meat stock for the night and my strip loins had already been sent to the back.  Sigh.  I'm a pretty regular customer there and I've a feeling the Lad behind the counter could sense something needed to go right for me that day.  He suggested the T-bones as they hadn't been put away yet.  Landed home with 5 HUGE T-bones...at a HUGE discount.  RESULT!

So I'm in the kitchen minding me own business cooking the dinner.  Visions of chilling by the fire with the dogs and my wine in less than an hour.  That's about the time Brian walked in with his friend.  They're going out for the night, but they need haircuts first.  "Sorry Lads, have to wait until I get the dinner done." 

My neighbour landed a few minutes later.  "Can you do my hair for me?"  "Sure, come back around 6:30." 

In walks Sarah with the dogs.  "They had a great run mom.  Only Lily started rolling again.  Checked her and she seems ok."  "Ummmmm, Sarah, put her out the back.  She's covered in it.  I'll wash her in a bit."  What is Lily's obsession with rolling in dog crap?!  In all fairness!  It's a good job I love her because sometimes she really does push her luck. 

Dinner served, 1 haircut done (his friend didn't want to wait), 1 neighbour's hair sorted for her night out and 1 dog washed later, I was finally ready to chill.  It was 9pm by then, but that'll do.  That's about the time Brian announced he'd need a lift to the next village over for his night out @ 10.  Cancel the wine.  For now.  Took Brian to meet his friends and got back to find Lily had dug out the kitchen fireplace again and was as black as Cassie...again.  FFS!!!  Luckily Sinéad beat me to the discovery and had already cleaned up the mess around the kitchen, so swerved that bit.  Lily's 2nd wash of the day could wait until tomorrow.

All the while, Cassie just sat there watching proceedings.  Once I'd sat with my wine, she rambled over and got a rub for her efforts.  And I got a kiss on the hand as thanks.  God love her, she really knows how to read a room.  Granted, it may have been the remnants of T-bone she was after too.

Anyway, today is a new day.  Lily needs another wash and the sun is shining so we'll head out back in a few to get the job done.  Then I'm going to work on my fruit shrubs in the back ditch.  Followed by a walk in the field with Lily and Cassie.  And if I'm REALLY up for it, will drive 25 minutes each way to a place I know has great stuff for a barbecue.  If that happens, expect pics of the pair hanging out drooling in the back yard later.

Have a good day all at whatever yer at.  xx 

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 11, 2010, 12:59:23 PM »

PS  Are dogs allowed to eat the bones from T-bones?  I've the plate of them saved from last night for the pair, but can't remember if they're safe or not. 

The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 11, 2010, 01:14:41 PM »

loving your diary Lax, keep it coming.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: April 11, 2010, 01:37:30 PM »

Cooked bones are dodgy Lax, they splinter easily and can puncture yer dog's pipes on the way in, or on the way out.

The older I get, the better I was.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 11, 2010, 01:53:55 PM »

are you sure it's not fox shit she's rolling in? that's more common, she's disguising her scent ready for the hunt

and what tom says about bones. ffs don't give 'em cooked ones

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 11, 2010, 02:23:48 PM »

Cooked bones are dodgy Lax, they splinter easily and can puncture yer dog's pipes on the way in, or on the way out.

This Dawn.

Ronnie eats nothing but bones and raw food but none of it is ever cooked.

Contrary to popular myths they can even eat chicken as long as it's raw but cook it and it's lethal.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 11, 2010, 04:39:57 PM »

Cheers all.  They didn't get the T bones because I wasn't sure, but they did get pork bellies straight off the barbecue for themselves.  Cassie is thrown down next to me after her nibbles and Lily is still out the back waiting for more scraps to be thrown to her.  Think the heat of the day is almost too much for Cassie with her black coat.  She's mostly preferred to stay inside despite myself and the kids all hanging out in the yard.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 11, 2010, 09:25:28 PM »

This Dawn.

Contrary to popular myths they can even eat chicken as long as it's raw but cook it and it's lethal.

So just to clarify, none of Ronnie's raw food is cooked?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 11, 2010, 11:04:17 PM »

This Dawn.

So just to clarify, none of Ronnie's raw food is cooked?

genuine lol

sola virtus nobilitat
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 11, 2010, 11:42:54 PM »

are you sure it's not fox shit she's rolling in? that's more common, she's disguising her scent ready for the hunt

and what tom says about bones. ffs don't give 'em cooked ones

Never occurred to me it could be from a fox.  We've a few living right near here too.  One of them calls to our front door at night to see if I've left out cat food for Rocky.  First time we spotted him/her (didn't want to scare it away by asking) we got a hop.  But it keeps coming back.  Kids love to watch them criss cross the fields behind us from their bedroom window in the evening.  But they love it even more when they catch a glimpse of one of them at the front door looking for food.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 13, 2010, 03:33:34 AM »

I'm tired, but still here.  Cassie and Lily with me as I type.  Thank god for pets.  They might be troublesome at times and I'm sure they get cross with me too, but we all still love each other at the end of the day. 

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 14, 2010, 03:58:06 PM »

The house needs sweeping nearly every day.  It's like Grand Central Station here at times.  Seriously.  We've always had an open door policy.  If someone actually knocks at the door they obviously don't know us very well.  Lots of kids from the neighbourhood coming and going.  All sorts of other guests.  Madhouse, but I love it. 

Anyway, as I was tidying up around the place yesterday doing a bit of a spring clean, the dogs were under me feet every step of the way.  I'll be honest.  At one point they were doing me head in because I was afraid I'd accidentally trip over one of them.  Anyway, while playing the poker last night, I had an idea.  Wouldn't it be cool if there was some sort of doggy attachments you could strap to their feet so they can be sweeping/washing floors as they follow you around?  Would cut my housework load in half!  Not a realistic idea, I know.  But it kept me entertained for a bit. 

We're off to the field for a bit of fresh air now.  Pics when I get back.

In the meantime -- Table scraps.  Are they good or bad for dogs?  Not the type of stuff with bones obviously, just general bits and bobs left over from the dinner.  Discuss.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: