blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 09:35:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272628 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 177884 times)
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: April 26, 2010, 11:41:18 AM »

urgh - with you on the sizing thing.  I'm a size 12/14.  In some shops I need a 16.  In Sainsbury's I can get away with a 10.  Sainsbury's are right imo.

and there in lies the answer to your sizing problems........ not everyone can be sainsburys!

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 26, 2010, 04:54:50 PM »

Trouble in the Dromtarriffe camp.  Sarah and her friend Laura play for U14 & U16.  They're two of the stars on the U14 team and can hold their own on the older team as well. 

Despite the clueless U14 coach being told not to book a match for tonight on two occasions, she went ahead and did it anyway.  U14 have a match in Dromtarriffe.  U16 have a match in Banteer.  At the same time.  Sigh.  Just been on the phone with the U16 coach.  Expletives were flying over the mix up...and we're going to Banteer tonight.  That leaves the U14 team short numbers and short two of their better players. 

Fingers crossed for the girls.  Sinéad was home sick with a bad cough that's been hanging about for the last week, but they want her on the pitch tonight too if she's able.  Had her at the doc earlier today for meds so she'll be grand - and probably worn out within 20 minutes of hitting the pitch.  lol  They've been warned so won't be expecting much from her tonight. 

Meanwhile, Sarah and Laura have been dealing with the brainless wonder that is the U14 coach and feel like they've been wasting their time.  I mentioned that to the U16 coach and they're to train with the older group from now on.  The girls are delighted. 

I'd imagine there'll be war when the dust settles after tonight, but luckily it's not our war.  They'll have to sort it out in their own camp and get back to us.   

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Gamblor21

View Profile WWW
« Reply #227 on: April 26, 2010, 07:07:10 PM »

Have you tried the magnetic dog collars on Lily, it worked wonders for one of our old dogs... Can't be placebo affect on a dog can it?

http://www.vetuk.co.uk/joint-supplements-magnocollar-c-4_385/magnetic-dog-collar-p-2131

Hear me knocking... Let me in then!
h

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 26, 2010, 07:18:38 PM »

urgh - with you on the sizing thing.  I'm a size 12/14.  In some shops I need a 16.  In Sainsbury's I can get away with a 10.  Sainsbury's are right imo.

move to the USA  you would be size  8
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 07:22:55 PM by h » Logged
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 26, 2010, 09:57:25 PM »

Have you tried the magnetic dog collars on Lily, it worked wonders for one of our old dogs... Can't be placebo affect on a dog can it?

http://www.vetuk.co.uk/joint-supplements-magnocollar-c-4_385/magnetic-dog-collar-p-2131

Wow!  Thanks for that!!!  Will ring the posh vets in Killarney tomorrow to see if they sell them, because we just KNOW Mike doesn't.   

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 26, 2010, 11:56:35 PM »

Dromtarriffe abso CRUSHED Banteer!!!  Sinéad, Sarah and Laura all started the match and played a great game of it.  Too tired now to post trip report or pics, but will get to it in the morning.  Night night all.  xx

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 27, 2010, 11:36:00 AM »

3-10 (19) to 1-7 (10) was the final score in last night's match.  Not exactly cricket scores, but considering the opposition it was a solid win.  Banteer have a massive club with a HUGE player field to choose from.  Dromtarriffe's team is made up of a few small villages joined together...just to form a basic team. 

The coach for the U16, Mick, makes it for the girls.  He is an abso sweetheart off the pitch and a complete nutter during matches.  Even in the heat of battle when one of his girls messes up, he'll shout 'It's all right, no worries.  You were just unlucky.'  I know other coaches who shout all sorts to their players...and none of it's positive. 

He's not so nice to refs though.  He's been asked for his name on a couple of occasions so he could be reported to the county board.  The names he comes up with are comedy!  Never his own obviously.  Once last year he was even told to leave the pitch because he was so irate with the ref for ignoring the fouls the other team were dishing out.  Sinéad was like a bear when that happened.  She and Mick are on the same wavelength most of the time and he's the only coach I've known who can get around here when she's in a mood. 

We were down a good few points.   Sinéad went on a scoring spree.  She was very nearly sent off for delivery of an upper cut to her opponent, but was able to show the red mark on her own face to prove she'd been dealt a blow first.  That put a halt to the ref's dodgy calls.  Dromtarriffe came back in the last 10 minutes to draw that match and they won the re-play a couple of weeks later.

Last night Mick mostly kept his cool with the ref until he was given out to for not supplying the ref with the bits of paper for subs.  'Bits of paper?  You want bits of paper?!  I've LOADS of those!'  Then he turned to his subs bench and shouted with a wink and a grin, 'Girls, get tearing!'  His wife Liz just looked to the sky and said, 'Oh no...here we go again.'  Then she turned to Mick and said, 'What name are we going with tonight Dear?'  Poor ref had more bits than should be allowed by law by the time it was over because Banteer had asked for unlimited subs...and we were winning so well, Mick agreed. 

Didn't get many pictures last night and the ones I got are desperate quality, but feel I must post just one or two for Gatso.  The kits are bound to tilt him.  No need to thank me.   

Click to see full-size image.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 27, 2010, 11:48:57 AM »

No need to thank me either

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 27, 2010, 11:51:42 AM »

No need to thank me either

Those are Knocknagree's colours.  Our home village.  The girls wore those colours when they played on the Lad's teams.  I have pictures.  Would probably be a nice change for ye, but they're dated at this stage.  Plus I'm enjoying the red/red posts far too much. 

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 27, 2010, 12:19:28 PM »

that's barely a clash compared to the last time when as far as I could see the only way of telling the 2 teams apart was eye colour

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 27, 2010, 03:04:20 PM »

Damn!  He didn't bite.  Must try harder!

Another day another birthday.  Brian is 18 today.  He's the oldest of the three and completely different to the girls in that he's not a sports nut.  He likes football, but was never mad enough about it to deal with the abusive coaches the Lads have.

From the day he was born he's always been an easy going Lad.  Don't know what set me off 18 years ago, but I just had this 'feeling' today is the day.  I wasn't in pain and water still in tact, so not sure what caused me to think it was time, but anyway.  I was already overdue, so when I rang the doctor he told me to come in straight away.  We'd push things forward regardless and he'd induce if necessary. 

Rang Timothy's sister-in-law to pass on the message that we're off and she sent out the troops to find him on whatever construction job he was working that day.  Meanwhile, I casually had a shower, packed my bag and was taking my sweet old time drying my hair 'just so' when Timothy and his brother came tearing through the door all panicked.  They nearly lost the plot when I said I wasn't ready yet.  'Ye watch too many movies fer feck sake...calm down!  I'll be ready when I'm ready.'   

20 minutes later we set of for St. Vincent's Hospital in NYC...we lived in Brooklyn.  The Lads were NOT impressed with my delays.  After some manic driving I was checked in 25 minutes later without hassle.  An hour and 20 minutes and not a whole lot of effort later, we had a 9lb 7oz baby boy named Brian.

When he was only a few months old, he and I were on our way into the city for something.  Can't remember what.  Anyway, we were stopped by this woman walking through the subway station.  I thought she was a bit odd, so I kept my guard.  To be fair, you would have thought the same too if some random woman walked up to you and said, 'Excuse me, but can I just have a look at your baby?'  With proper NYC attitude, I replied 'Now, why would I do that?'  She handed me her card.  She was a Margaret Models talent scout.   

That was the start of a crazy, crazy year.  They signed him immediately and we were being sent all over NYC for 'auditions'.  We'd trudge through feet of snow in the winter and deal with the unreal heat of subways in the summer to get to those auditions.  They usually chose four children to come back.  Those four would be paid for a photo session and the advertiser would pick the best shot for the actual ad.  He was often picked as one of the final four, but only once was his shot chosen for an ad. 

Johnson and Johnson diaper rash ad.  There's something to put on your résumé.  lol  During the shoot, they have a special person hired just to make the kids smile and laugh.  That person asks the parent what their child likes, and that's what the entertainer does for the whole of their shoot.  Ya know...things like peek-a-boo, blowing raspberries that kind of stuff.  Not my child though.  Hell no.  She wasn't getting off easy on this gig.  Brian thought sneezing was absolutely hysterical, so she had to sneeze for an hour.  His reaction had the crew on set in hysterics and that set him off even more.  He didn't stop laughing the entire time.  Meanwhile, his 'mom' in the shoot was supposed to be kissing his (according to the ad) ' rash free, soft bum'.  Even she had a hard time keeping a straight face.  We still have the ad.  It's a cracker, but I won't post it here.  If you're ever in Knocknagree for a visit, will be happy to show you.  Just don't tell Brian.  Every time it comes out, he's mortified. 

Brian was four when we moved to Ireland.  He'd come out with phrases the local kids never heard before and have them rolling with laughter.  But every now and then he'd have the elders in stitches too. 

One day not long after we moved here I took him to the in-laws so they could mind him for a bit.  I was heading to town, but before I left he asked if he could go outside.  'I want to go do my farming business.  That ok mom?  It's only across the road and I'll be careful.'  Gave a quick glance over to Sheila and Michael who gave the wink and said 'Yeah, go on then but be careful and listen to your grandparents while I'm gone.'  With that he was gone fast as could be.  He loved to hang out in the field with the cows I was told.

When I returned, the yard was full of cars.  I immediately worried something was wrong and ran into the house.  I was greeted by a house full of people in stitches and Brian wearing an outfit borrowed by the neighbours.  'What's happened?!  Is everything ok?!'  Through fits of giggles Michael said 'Brian, why don't you tell your mum what's happened.'  My sweet innocent four year old walked over to me, looked up and said in his wee American accent, 'Well mom, I was out doing my farmer business like I told you and everything was cool.  But when I went round to check out the back of the cow he shit up on top of me!'  Cue roars of laughter from around the room...and a wee giggle from Brian.  Apparently he was covered head to toe when he landed back to Sheila and Michael and came out with that line to explain what had happened.

Fast forward to the past couple of years and he's just as mellow as always.  When the Lads go for a night out, Brian asks our permission to join them.  Not like other Lads who 'tell' their parents they're heading out.  We give him a few bob spending money and send him on his way.  All the time I'm quietly worried hoping he'll be ok and come home safe. 

Fair play to him.  Not once has he pulled an all night job like his friends.  Not because he's been given a curfew or anything, just because it's not his style.  He likes to come home at the end of the night and is always in no later than 1 or 2 am.  He has the odd drink with the Lads these days, but never comes home rancid drunk.  We've never made a big deal out of drink in this house so he doesn't feel the need to hide or worry.  If he's stuck, he rings us.  Granted, that's only happened once, but I was delighted he felt he could.

He's taking his final year exams in a month's time and it won't be easy as he's not great with the books, but either way he'll be grand.  With some kids, you just know.

Happy Birthday Honey!  xx

Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 27, 2010, 03:08:55 PM »

I'm seriosuly moving in with Laxie - I love this thread.
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 27, 2010, 03:35:29 PM »

The boys done well for himself there Wink

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 27, 2010, 04:05:06 PM »

Great story - Happy Birthday Brian!

Stick the ad up though - we won't tell him Smiley

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 27, 2010, 04:07:15 PM »

The boys done well for himself there Wink

You sure paid attention to most of her!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: