blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 04:09:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272683 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 179025 times)
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: April 27, 2010, 04:37:35 PM »

Seriously, he's such a calm Lad I'd hate to post the actual ad.  But.............I might just about get away with posting his 'business card' from back in the day. 

Click to see full-size image.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 27, 2010, 04:38:20 PM »

hehe - thanks Dawn - fantastic hair!

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 27, 2010, 04:39:31 PM »

They made me go to some special hairdresser for models to get his hair cut once he reached 2.  Sighhhhhhhh

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #243 on: April 27, 2010, 04:40:04 PM »

This is some thread, keep it up Laxie Smiley

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
The_duke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #244 on: April 27, 2010, 06:25:27 PM »

She was very nearly sent off for delivery of an upper cut to her opponent

That's my girl, chip off the old block

A great many people believe they are thinking, when in fact they are just rearranging their prejudices
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 27, 2010, 06:28:43 PM »

She was very nearly sent off for delivery of an upper cut to her opponent

That's my girl, chip off the old block

As for Brian - gawd knows what block he came off....

He likes to come home at the end of the night and is always in no later than 1 or 2 am.  He has the odd drink with the Lads these days, but never comes home rancid drunk. 

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 27, 2010, 07:42:10 PM »

Well, to be fair...we can't ALL be lunatics.  Need at least one sensible one in the house.   

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 27, 2010, 08:38:10 PM »

Chinese for dinner as it's his favourite, chocolate cake I made earlier has been dented hard and we'll soon be taking him out for his first legal pint in our local village.  Had planned to take him to a few of the locals just so they'd know who he was and that he's legal now, but he refused.  Says there's only one pub in the village he'd ever have interest in going to, so he'll humour us with ONE pint in that pub and no more.  I swear he's my kid...honest.

He was hoping to swerve the whole 'candles' thing, but humoured me in the end allowing a few.

1 white candle and 8 blue....was the closest he'd let me get to 18.  lol

Now then, shower time and off to the pub...for ONE.  Sigh.  lol  Have a great night everyone!!!

sweet potata!

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 27, 2010, 08:56:32 PM »

Yum yum can u pm me some of that cake please,  some strawberries will suffice tho.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 28, 2010, 12:33:33 AM »

Yum yum can u pm me some of that cake please,  some strawberries will suffice tho.

I used to love to bake.  All sorts of breads and cakes, all the time.  Not done it for ages though.  The only thing that's stood the test of time (and my will power) is that cake.  I've been making that same cake every year for each them since their first birthday.  When they were younger, I'd put fun 'kid stuff' on them like sprinkles, novelty candles and other bits.  Always used coloured icing for writing Happy Birthday and their name/age.  Once they hit 12 years, I just about got away with the sprinkles.  Now they all just want the cake...with strawberries on it. 

Brian put in a special request tonight though.  It came out of the blue.  He asked me to please make my NYC Cheesecake some time in the next couple of days.  Apparently he's really missed it.  As he rarely asks for anything, you just know I'll be baking that tomorrow.

And.............we never made it to the pub.   

Brian's friend Marie showed up and kidnapped him for a bit.  By the time they got back he said it was too late to go (9:30pm) as he had lessons to do.  Where was he got?!

sweet potata!

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 28, 2010, 12:40:26 AM »

Nice story! Like everyone else has said I'm enjoying the read, excellent writing WP.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 28, 2010, 02:09:27 AM »

I used to love to bake.  All sorts of breads and cakes, all the time.  Not done it for ages though.  The only thing that's stood the test of time (and my will power) is that cake.  I've been making that same cake every year for each them since their first birthday.  When they were younger, I'd put fun 'kid stuff' on them like sprinkles, novelty candles and other bits.  Always used coloured icing for writing Happy Birthday and their name/age.  Once they hit 12 years, I just about got away with the sprinkles.  Now they all just want the cake...with strawberries on it. 

Brian put in a special request tonight though.  It came out of the blue.  He asked me to please make my NYC Cheesecake some time in the next couple of days.  Apparently he's really missed it.  As he rarely asks for anything, you just know I'll be baking that tomorrow.

Brian's friend Marie showed up and kidnapped him for a bit.  By the time they got back he said it was too late to go (9:30pm) as he had lessons to do.  Where was he got?!

Me Mam is just the same she used to bake loads but hardly does anymore,sigh

She once made me this amazing cake for my birthday,and I don't even like cake Smiley It was absolutely huge,it was a full street of houses made out of different things such as smarties for the roofs etc. I don't remember that much about it but I do remember I wouldn't let anyone eat it for ages because it looked so good lol.

As said great thread,keep up the good work Smiley
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 28, 2010, 05:42:42 PM »

She once made me this amazing cake for my birthday,and I don't even like cake Smiley It was absolutely huge,it was a full street of houses made out of different things such as smarties for the roofs etc. I don't remember that much about it but I do remember I wouldn't let anyone eat it for ages because it looked so good lol.

My Mum started baking again when she decided to make a recipe book for my Sister's birthday last year, she scanned her old recipe books (with scribbled notes included, but made everything again & photographed it, the then compiled it on the PC and had it printed - not bad for an Old Dear of 65!! The book was that good I made her get me a copy printed.

Since then my sister has got her the Hummingbird Bakery cookbook - for which I'm eternally grateful.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hummingbird-Bakery-Cookbook-Tarek-Malouf/dp/1845978307

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 29, 2010, 01:53:36 AM »

My Mum started baking again when she decided to make a recipe book for my Sister's birthday last year, she scanned her old recipe books (with scribbled notes included, but made everything again & photographed it, the then compiled it on the PC and had it printed - not bad for an Old Dear of 65!! The book was that good I made her get me a copy printed.

Since then my sister has got her the Hummingbird Bakery cookbook - for which I'm eternally grateful.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hummingbird-Bakery-Cookbook-Tarek-Malouf/dp/1845978307

Mother's eh,what would we do with out them.
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #254 on: April 29, 2010, 02:41:10 PM »

may i request a change to the thread title please? (i know the creator is now banned so cannot do it but is there a way the mods can?)

the whole thread has gone seriously off topic and is mostly updates on laxies life rather than updates on cassie (this isnt a problem as it makes interesting reading for some and i can get updates by pm or facebook from dawn)

this isnt a dig i just feel it wold be more appropriate, tkshan

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: