blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 07:40:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272633 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 177985 times)
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: June 29, 2010, 09:04:47 PM »

4th of July this Sunday.  Will be the first time in my entire life I didn't see fireworks with family on the night.  I've got the fireworks, but don't want to risk lighting them with Cassie still trying to heal.  Afraid she'd get spooked and injure the leg again.  It's going to be a weird one.  Almost like the first Christmas away from home. 

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #421 on: June 29, 2010, 10:46:18 PM »

Walking is brilliant exercise Dawn (I would say that, wouldn't I?) but you have to step it out and get your heart rate up.

Get yourself a heart rate monitor - your heart rate needs to be between 60 & 80% of maximum to burn fat. I believe the your maximum heart rate is 220 - <your age> pulses per minute.

Keep it there for an hour a day, limit yourself to about 1500 cals and watch the weight drop off.

It's better to be looking at it than looking for it.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 29, 2010, 11:09:56 PM »

This is one time when I wouldn't mind adding a few years to the age.   

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: June 30, 2010, 01:35:35 AM »

are fireworks legal in Ireland now? If not, where do you get hold of them?

PS no carbs since this afternoon - am fecking starving!

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #424 on: June 30, 2010, 08:39:24 AM »

Yeah, I just love my chicken/fish and salad dinner every night Sad

Post it, I could do with some inspiration Smiley

[  ] You need to diet bold one.

I'm currently on a diet atm. GG @ DTD this weekend.

thanks mate. Smiley I'm just off the carbs for a month or so and doing portion control, going to the gym 3-4 times a week obv works but the moobs and belly are hard to shift

I can't comment on belly as I'm the heaviest I've ever been atm and feel proper horrible.

However, do some chest stuff, bench pressing, light flies etc, will turn your moobs into muscle.

Doing loads of pec excerises..the problem is that I now have a very firm A-cup Sad the pecs are pushing the fat out more than toning it all up....very not good.

As has been mentioned elsewhere, you can't target weight loss like that - the calories you burn from the exercise will help you lose weight overall but it's perfectly easy to get a layer of fat over well developed muscles if you don't get the balance right.

Yeah, I don't do the pec excerises to lose moob fat, it's just part of my excersise routine.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: June 30, 2010, 10:19:58 PM »

Timing is everything.  So many things to do, so little time to do them...but must get the timing right. 

A 'one time' wouldn't go amiss at the minute on sooooo many levels.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: July 01, 2010, 11:46:54 PM »

40 friggin minutes each way - for live crickets.  To feed to the lizard.  As ya do.  No other business in Tralee other than the crickets.  Crickets which must be kept alive and 'bulked up' by feeding them various things...before feeding them to the lizard.

Note to self - Do NOT agree to odd pets in future without researching them first!     

hector62

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: July 02, 2010, 09:41:23 AM »

Have you tried feeding them grasshoppers from your garden? I have no knowledge of if it would work but I am quite curious.

Puristville, Arizona.  Population (1)
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: July 02, 2010, 02:06:47 PM »

Have you tried feeding them grasshoppers from your garden? I have no knowledge of if it would work but I am quite curious.

Generally, you're not to feed them insects bigger than their head.  Not sure about the grasshoppers in the garden as I've never spotted one, but the ones in the shop are HUGE compared to our wee man.  Also, crickets seem to be their favourite.  They're loud lil darlins at night though. 

To 'bulk up' the crickets, we toss in dry dog food and fish food flakes with them as their basic stuff.  Now and then they get a slice of apple or lettuce, but you have to be careful not to leave it in more than a day or so to avoid the fresh food going off.   

We throw the odd headless meal worms into a dish for him as a treat as well.  We learned the 'headless' bit the hard way.  Leave the head on and the meal worm will eat the insides of the Gecko until it turns into into an adult beetle.  We didn't know that the first time so this is our second Gecko.  Sigh.

One of these days I'll give a proper insect hunt through the fields.  It's one of the few things I don't take much notice of on our walks.  Insects.  Pretty silly really when you consider I'll drive 40 minutes each way for something that may very well be easy enough to find outside our door.

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: July 02, 2010, 02:21:43 PM »

DON'T let one of the crickets escape - I've a friends whose brother let one escape & her familly ended up removing all the carpets and most of the floorboards before they managed to kill the little fecker - 1 week of no sleep at all.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: July 02, 2010, 03:07:20 PM »

Tax returns.  Man I hate them.  Hate the fact I know how to do them even more.  Not an accountant mind, but the one time the tax man tried to take us on, I won the case and we were sent a nice cheque the following week for overpayment.  At the time they claimed we owed them more money.  Sure did.  That's the only time in 14 years they've come knocking.  They've not bothered us before or since.  Can't say I blame them.  Cost em a nice chunk that one time.  

Tax season in Ireland doesn't really hit until October.  But with Brian's college stuff coming up (hopefully) as well as some other factors, I need to get them done sooner rather than later.  With that in mind, I've set myself a deadline of Monday to have them complete.  

Will spend today tearing through the house though.  I'm one of those people who can't think straight when surrounded by any sort of mess.  Even if it's a load of washing in the hall closet that nobody else can see.  I know it's there and it does me head in until I tackle it.

So that's today's lot.  Windows and floors to wash, laundry to do and a general tidy up around the place.  Must fire up the desktop for my cleaning music too.  Any suggestions?  Lily and Cassie are already hyped up.  Lily knows it's dancing time and Cassie knows Lily is excited so she's joining in the hype just because.  I'm actually quite looking forward to the rest of the day.  Hope you lot enjoy yours too.  xx

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: July 02, 2010, 03:11:23 PM »

DON'T let one of the crickets escape - I've a friends whose brother let one escape & her familly ended up removing all the carpets and most of the floorboards before they managed to kill the little fecker - 1 week of no sleep at all.

All that over just 1?!   I've three cartons of the feckers in the back hall closet as we speak.  Would have to find the nearest bridge if they all got out.   

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #432 on: July 02, 2010, 03:11:59 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGPhUr-T6UM

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: July 02, 2010, 03:16:17 PM »

oooooooh...good shout!  TY TY!!!!

The_duke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #434 on: July 02, 2010, 06:36:03 PM »

I believe the your maximum heart rate is 220 - <your age> pulses per minute = zero - job done

sorted

A great many people believe they are thinking, when in fact they are just rearranging their prejudices
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: