blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 11:56:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272630 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 177912 times)
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #855 on: January 11, 2011, 06:43:30 PM »

Good to see you posting again fella. Hope the things worrying you sort themselves out for the better. Glad to here you are at Bolton for the APAT team game, me too. Look forward to a beer or two with ya.

Yer on.  With the likes of yerself, The Nun and Iron going (to name just a few) it's going to be such a great week-end!!!  REALLY looking forward to it. 

Joobs will be there as well, it's gonna be awesome.
trafficjam

View Profile
« Reply #856 on: January 11, 2011, 07:22:01 PM »

I am curious, is the friend the one you introduced me to at Luton?

I must refrain from falling in love with my hole cards!
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #857 on: January 11, 2011, 07:26:41 PM »

if in doubt, black is always a good choice Smiley  Proper gutted I ain't going to Bolton - hope you have a blast!

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
amcgrath1uk

View Profile
« Reply #858 on: January 11, 2011, 08:45:24 PM »

Ger has threatened me with a trip around the 'good spots' in Paris.  He claims I've missed out so far.  Pretty sure he's the only one will get me to see it in a different light, so until then...  I'm just glad we don't see the outside world much on poker trips. 

Speaking of Ger...I'm playing on his team (Chezger) for the Bolton APAT event.  It's a motley crew of degens who I adore, so can't wait!!!  The Friday night will more than likely get messy, but then it's down to the business of poker on Saturday.  I intend to do the coffee/pints of water trick like I did last year during the team event.  Got me to day 2 but didn't manage to seal the deal.  Here's hoping for an improvement this time around.  Pretty sure I'll be the only sober one on the team by dinner time.     Actually...take that back.  Think there might (just maybe) be two or three of us sober.  Maybe.  Either way it's going to be great fun and I'm really looking forward to meeting up with so many I haven't seen in ages.

Once it comes to the business side of things I'll be sober.. Friday however??? Wink

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #859 on: January 12, 2011, 01:06:45 AM »

Good to see you posting again fella. Hope the things worrying you sort themselves out for the better. Glad to here you are at Bolton for the APAT team game, me too. Look forward to a beer or two with ya.

Yer on.  With the likes of yerself, The Nun and Iron going (to name just a few) it's going to be such a great week-end!!!  REALLY looking forward to it. 

Joobs will be there as well, it's gonna be awesome.

Excellent!!!  All going well I'll be on her table and we can giggle mad for a few hours.

I am curious, is the friend the one you introduced me to at Luton?

Oh god no!!!     Will fill you in when we meet in Bolton, but you'll probably be disappointed to a certain extent as there's not much to tell really.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #860 on: January 12, 2011, 03:15:47 PM »

The lead on Brian's lappy went busto over the Christmas.  When we discovered this - it was still in one piece.  Obv a loose connection somewhere in the casing, but no visible exterior damage.  So today Brian reminded me to ring the crowd we'd bought from as it's still under the 2 year warranty. 

Found the receipt easy enough.  Pretty strict about saving that kind of thing actually.  Almost as bad as Tighty when it comes to them.  Business related items are kept in files organised by year purchased.  General household items are kept in files based on who/what room it was purchased for.  Every little item you would ever hope to save a receipt for is here and I know exactly where to find it. 

Anyway, get my receipt and make the first call to the shop.  As I'm on the phone stressing there is no visible damage to the lead Brian's face drops a wee bit but he says nothing.  Then they go on to tell me we must bring in the laptop as well as the lead. 

"Huh?  Why?!" 

"Must make sure it fits the laptop properly and they need the laptop to test it."

"Sigh...ok then.  How long until he gets it back?"

"Two to three weeks."

""WHAT?!  He needs the laptop for college at end of the month.  We don't have three weeks to wait."

"Ring this number and explain.  If possible they'll give you a reference number to expedite which you bring into us with the laptop and faulty lead.  Your other option is to buy one of our universal leads for €100."

"Not an option.  Will give them a call.  Cheers."

At this point Brian is trying to say something as I dial the other number.  But I dial fast and he gets the signal not to interrupt because they've already answered.  Rinse repeat our tale.  "No visible damage, laptop in perfect working order but need for college end of month...blah blah blah."  I'm given a reference number which 'should' get it back to us in time but she can't promise anything.  Marv.  We'll just have to take our chances.

Hang up the phone and Brian lands downstairs with the lead.  Which is now officially broken right at the wee bit ya plug into the back of the lappy.  He doesn't know how it happened.  Yeah right.  I bet I do.  The little darlin's were messing with it trying to make it work and snapped the damn thing right off in the end.  Big fat sighhhhhhhhhhhhh.  GG warranty on the lead. 

The place I'd have to travel for this is over 40 minutes each way.  Near where we get the crickets actually.  I just know they won't accept this officially broken lead under warranty now.  Between petrol for the trip and the €100 for the new lead I'm not a happy bunny. 

But all is not lost.  Just found exactly what we need on the internet.  Right down to correct model number and all.  Delivered by courier to my door within 48 hours for €39!!!  Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii 

The kids have narrowly escaped an hour long earful on proper care for their things.  Instead they'll get the abridged version.  Should see them free and clear in maybe half the time if they're lucky...and they don't argue.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #861 on: January 12, 2011, 03:23:37 PM »

Sitting here thinking about it.  How do companies get away with such a high mark-up on things like that?!  Feck sake.  That's insane!

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #862 on: January 12, 2011, 03:28:34 PM »

Sitting here thinking about it.  How do companies get away with such a high mark-up on things like that?!  Feck sake.  That's insane!

Because people keep breaking shit and voiding the warranty Smiley

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #863 on: January 12, 2011, 03:47:10 PM »

Cheers.  Sigh.

I was more referring to the shop wanting €100 while a crowd on the internet crowd sell the same thing for €39.  Yeah I know the shop has bigger overlays ie rent, staff, etc. but geez louise!  They're also a huge chain and buy in bulk with massive wholesale discounts.  Surely the mark-up shouldn't be THAT much? 

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #864 on: January 12, 2011, 04:24:24 PM »

Cheers.  Sigh.

I was more referring to the shop wanting €100 while a crowd on the internet crowd sell the same thing for €39.  Yeah I know the shop has bigger overlays ie rent, staff, etc. but geez louise!  They're also a huge chain and buy in bulk with massive wholesale discounts.  Surely the mark-up shouldn't be THAT much? 

Because quite a few people will still buy in the shop so they can get away with it. There is no excuse (other then "we'd go under if we didn't charge it as we don't sell that much". an Argument which can only be countered with "Yeah, but you don't sell that much because you are too expensive". then they'd say "Yeah but we already can't compete with the internet based shops so screw it") really...but they get away with it in quite a few cases.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #865 on: January 12, 2011, 04:26:48 PM »

I love t'interweb shopping. The other day I wanted oralB toothbrush head replacements. Boots nearly £10 for 4. T'interweb same branded product £5 including postage. Have found then cheaper than this but needed em quick before tomorrow.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #866 on: January 12, 2011, 05:36:49 PM »

I'm kind of stuffed to a certain extent when it comes to internet shopping.  I don't have or use a credit card for anything.  When business was booming we had one which I didn't use much anyway.  But when business got tricky (customers crying out for work to be done fast, but weren't inclined to pay as fast) I got rid of it for fear it would be relied on to the point of no return... and we'd end up with a big debt. 

Everything done online is paid for using a laser card now.  The money comes straight out of the checking account with no overdraft.  If no money there, can't use the card.  Simples and no debt.  The catch being (due to Irish banking rules at the minute) it can only be used on Irish based sites.  Outside of Ireland it's only a glorified cash machine card.  Makes booking hotels, holidays and the like tricky as I'm limited to Ireland.  All that said - as was shown today - it still saves me a wee bit of money over the local shops.  And saves a heck of a lot in petrol costs too. 

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #867 on: January 13, 2011, 02:38:53 AM »

Boldie posted the other day how he felt there's been a much happier vibe around the forum lately.  I was quietly in agreement then, but now I'm going to say it out loud. 

The blonde crew really do come up trumps when it matters.  Not only have I copped on and pulled out of the low I was in thanks to a few around here...managed to fold Tikay me way to 2nd with the help of a massive rail on Sky tonight.  Not a life saving figure, but that wasn't what mattered. 

You lot really were great on the rail.  Was the old blonde back again and lots of fun!!!  Knew we had it in us.  Thanks again.  xx

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #868 on: January 13, 2011, 11:43:58 AM »

Boldie posted the other day how he felt there's been a much happier vibe around the forum lately.  I was quietly in agreement then, but now I'm going to say it out loud. 

The blonde crew really do come up trumps when it matters.  Not only have I copped on and pulled out of the low I was in thanks to a few around here...managed to fold Tikay me way to 2nd with the help of a massive rail on Sky tonight.  Not a life saving figure, but that wasn't what mattered. 

You lot really were great on the rail.  Was the old blonde back again and lots of fun!!!  Knew we had it in us.  Thanks again.  xx

All +1, Dawn. And well done for handling the disco so well, too.

It's like finding an old comfy overcoat, & you have forgotten how nice & warm it was.

I've not enjoyed an evening Online so much in aeons.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #869 on: January 15, 2011, 08:09:31 AM »

All +1, Dawn. And well done for handling the disco so well, too.

It's like finding an old comfy overcoat, & you have forgotten how nice & warm it was.

I've not enjoyed an evening Online so much in aeons.
Such a rare thing, the online PRO nowadays. The last one I remember was Red being on a final on laddies and everyone winding up tikay to the point a mod on laddies  tried to get involved
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: