blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 02:28:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272631 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 177929 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1410 on: April 08, 2011, 12:07:27 PM »

It'll be a walk in the park for you Dawn, so to speak. Although walking in a park doesn't usually involve barium meals and things being shoved in places they usually aren't.  Unless you go to certain parks that is.  Not really sure what my point was now...I remember Snoopy writing a post ages ago about a fox in a park. I don't know if that was one of those parks or not...

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1411 on: April 08, 2011, 12:15:22 PM »

Found it.

Snoopy escapes mauling

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: April 09, 2011, 04:10:30 PM »

Well, it's nearly that time.  The Grand National kicks off in 5 minutes.  I've stayed with my picks from the other day having the usual wee e/w bets. 

Bigfella Thanks
Oscar Time
Backstage
The Midnight Club

Not putting anything on the blonde sweeps horse (Santa's Son) as odds are just silly and so is the horse. 

Decided to have a wee e/w on my APAT sweeps horse (Hello Bud) because Bridget's cat Bud calls to the window all the time and that's what I say when he calls.

Sarah's picked a total outsider because she likes the jockey and who am I to argue?     So a wee e/w on Or Noir De Somoza for her.

Good luck everyone!!!

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: April 09, 2011, 06:04:18 PM »

[ ] That went well.  Got a few back for 2nd, but the rest couldn't manage to get into it.  Just glad they got across the line.  Some weren't so lucky.

Didn't actually enjoy watching that race at all.  Not because my picks weren't so hot, but because I hate to see them fall.  A good few hit the dirt hard.  Falls are bad enough, but to find out two of the horses died really bites.  Takes all the enjoyment out of it regardless of who wins.

Ah well.  Galway races to come and then it's over in this house until next year's Cheltenham. 

Bring on the GAA season.  I won't put bets on it, but has to be Cork FTW!!! 

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: April 09, 2011, 06:45:45 PM »

It'll be a walk in the park for you Dawn, so to speak. Although walking in a park doesn't usually involve barium meals and things being shoved in places they usually aren't.  Unless you go to certain parks that is.  Not really sure what my point was now...I remember Snoopy writing a post ages ago about a fox in a park. I don't know if that was one of those parks or not...

Even a few days later - this post still has me giggling every time I read it.    

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: April 09, 2011, 09:14:45 PM »

My kids discovered a Coventry City Duck in my bedroom

I have been disowned

Cheers Dawn

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: April 09, 2011, 09:17:31 PM »

My kids discovered a Coventry City Duck in my bedroom

I have been disowned

Cheers Dawn

Did ya not 'splain what it was doing there?  Tell them it's all about the duck and the colour of it's shirt...nothing at all to do with a team as such. 

PS  I owe ya one.   Wink Kiss

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: April 09, 2011, 09:41:12 PM »

Bridget has been on a proper roll lately.  Today she was cheering on a horse that was running well...minus it's jockey.  So I turned to her and asked what she was at. 

"I think it would be great if the horse still went on to win the race.  What happens in a case like that?"

"Eh?  Nothing happens.  Need the pair to cross the line together or it doesn't count."

"Well that just BS!  Why should the horse be penalised just because the jockey couldn't hang on?  It IS a horse race after all.  Jockey doesn't get them over the line...the horse does." 

She was raging over this newly discovered fact for the next 10 minutes and in the end decided she wouldn't watch any more races as it wasn't fair.

Yep....welcome to my world.     

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: April 09, 2011, 09:58:27 PM »

Last night we went to a charity pub quiz.  Well, technically Bridget and I weren't meant to go.  Her boyfriend was on a team with Timothy and two other Lads, but one of the Lads had to pull out last minute and the other Lad was pretty well tanked from drinking all afternoon. 

All the week Bridget was annoyed that they'd never asked us to be on the team.  Truth be told, I knew they weren't too keen on having Bridget on the team.  She's lovely and heart of gold, but not the brightest bulb in the pack.  Needed to take her mind off it so I suggested we hang out watching movies with a bottle of wine at mine while they were gone. 

Next thing the Lads got the news of the team drop out and pisshead.  Texts were gong to and fro trying to sort at least one other person for the team to no avail.  They were screwed.  Sean (Bridget's boyfriend) sent a text to Timothy asking him to see if I would fill in.  Timothy joked saying Bridget would want in too and maybe they'd be given a handicap by the judges for allowing her.  Timothy thought it was hysterical.  Sean did too.

Bridget wasn't at all pleased.  "Well that bollocks!  I'll give him what for...."  She starts furiously typing out a text to him, stops mid rant, turns to Sean and says..."How do you spell handicap?"

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: April 09, 2011, 10:10:15 PM »

In the end, we made it to next week's final - despite her best attempts to scupper us.  One of the questions was 'How many times had Liz Taylor been married?'  Luckily we covered the topic on blonde a few weeks ago, but I needed to think back.  The Lads hadn't a clue and were looking to me for the answer. 

"Give me a sec.  Was either 7 or 8 but I need to think a minute.  Yeah...it was 8." 

So they wrote that down about the time Bridget landed on the scene.  She was hell bent on being involved and said I was wrong.  The answer was very definitely 7 because she'd read it in a magazine the other day.  Since I'd dithered first day, the Lads crossed out my correct answer and went with hers.  Well done Bridget.  Next week should be interesting. 

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: April 12, 2011, 04:23:47 PM »

Gutted.  Well and truly.  The vet has said Lily's tumour in the belly wasn't anything major to worry about, but the lump in her mouth was cancer protruding from her jaw bone.  Once it's in the bones at all, it's good game doggy.  Sigh. 

We got a bit of a hop with the news.  Mainly because Lily hasn't seemed at all 'sickly'.  Loads of energy and her usual cheeky self around the place.  To be fair, she's been beating the odds for a few years now.  Her mom didn't make it past the age of 8 and the last of her siblings didn't make it past 9.  Lily will be 12 next month.   

We're to mash up her food from now on as it's difficult for her to chew with the lump in her mouth and basically just keep an eye on her.  Mashing the food up has been pretty comical because she always ends up with this bit of mush stuck to the tip of her nose that she can't reach to lick off.  If Cassie doesn't get to it first, one of us has to give her a wipe with a bit of tissue or she looks like a right eejit. 

When she starts to go downhill any bit, we'll have to make the tough call to have her put down so she doesn't go through unnecessary pain.  And obviously we'll be spoiling her rotten for whatever time we have left with her.

Cassie's been glued to her at the hip.  Almost like she knows her friend is on the way out.  She's even been sharing her blanket by the fire with Lily - which was never the case before.  The next few weeks are going to be odd.  We've decided we'll do whatever we can to just enjoy our time with her besides pouting all the time about losing our friend.

Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1421 on: April 12, 2011, 04:29:37 PM »

Really sorry that is so sad, but think you are right about the dogs knowing something isn't right had a similar thing with my boxers.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1422 on: April 12, 2011, 04:33:34 PM »

Sorry to hear that Laxie

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: April 12, 2011, 04:34:27 PM »

Sad times. 12 is a really good age though when you look at that family history

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1424 on: April 12, 2011, 04:54:59 PM »

Bugger. I'm sorry to hear this.

I know it doesn't really need saying, but I'll say it anyway. Don't leave it too long.....

The older I get, the better I was.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: