blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 03:59:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272683 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 179024 times)
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1665 on: May 27, 2011, 07:06:33 AM »

Can't believe I posted about having more big news and not one of ye bit.  Sigh.  Spoil sports.

Can only gather that either -

A) you know me well enough to know where this is going without a post
or
B) you're on my facebook list and got the news there already.

If it's not one of those two, then we're going with -

C) you're about to get a wee shock for yerself.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 07:21:36 AM by Laxie » Logged

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: May 27, 2011, 09:17:45 AM »

Laxie's moving to Leicester!!!  And it only took me the bones of two weeks to work out how to spell it.

Yes, the kids know and have actually taken to the news better than expected.  In fact, they've been lovely about it.  And no, I've not lost me senses.  After living in limbo for so long, I was always moving on at some point anyway.  Just so happens, I've reached that point sooner than anticipated.

Despite our best efforts to run a smooth ship under difficult circumstances, I never realised the tension in the house until it was announced I was moving.  Suddenly it's like a weight's been lifted off the shoulders of everyone here.  I'll miss the kids.  No doubt about it.  And they'll miss me.  But they know I'm only an hour's flight away and they're also welcome to Leicester any time they like. 

They're going to stay put finishing school in the place they've always known, with the friends they've always known.  And now they won't have to walk around on the egg shells I never realised were here.  Whatever about anything else, Timothy is a good dad too.  Between us, we'll manage it.  Just not under the same roof.  I've great kids.  Always known it, but they've shone through with flying colours on this one.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1667 on: May 27, 2011, 09:27:47 AM »

Do you realise that the value of my property will go down?

The older I get, the better I was.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: May 27, 2011, 09:29:52 AM »

Do you realise that the value of my property will go down?

I'll do me best to keep the noise level down and plant some flowers or summat.  Promise.  x

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: May 27, 2011, 09:33:36 AM »

PS  You do realise that I didn't realise you lived nearby?  And with that realisation, you do realise a visit to ChezRed is basically mandatory, yeah?  See ya soon. 

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1670 on: May 27, 2011, 09:37:58 AM »

PS  You do realise that I didn't realise you lived nearby?  And with that realisation, you do realise a visit to ChezRed is basically mandatory, yeah?  See ya soon. 

I'm not in.

The older I get, the better I was.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: May 27, 2011, 09:39:50 AM »

I'm not in.

I'm not there yet. 

But I'll bring nice treats when I do turn up.

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: May 27, 2011, 09:43:25 AM »

Hi Laxie

best of luck to you.... You will have to forgive me as i'm not up to speed on your domestics..how old are your children and i assume there going to live with their Dad ?

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: May 27, 2011, 09:46:06 AM »

Hi Laxie

best of luck to you.... You will have to forgive me as i'm not up to speed on your domestics..how old are your children and i assume there going to live with their Dad ?

No worries.  Sarah is the youngest and she's 14.  Sinéad is nearly 16 and Brian is 19.  They're staying in the home they've grown up in - with their Dad.

On a few occasions with the last couple of years, he'd been asked to move back to his home place but he refused.  You don't do that in rural Ireland apparently.  I've no family in Ireland and had been a stay at home mom for most of their lives.  Finding work in this area was impossible as the locals felt they were taking sides if they hired me.  So we stuck it out under the same roof for the last couple of years and I'd intended to stick it out for the next three as well.  But things change.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 09:56:28 AM by Laxie » Logged

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: May 27, 2011, 09:53:48 AM »

Hi Laxie

Sarah is the youngest and she's 14.  Sinéad is nearly 16 and Brian is 19.  They're staying in the home they've grown up in with their Dad...yes.

Ah thanks Laxie..Apologies if it sounded like an odd question...hope u find happiness

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: May 27, 2011, 09:57:40 AM »

Seriously, no worries.  I've edited my reply above too as it seemed a bit snippy to me, so apologies if it came across that way initially. 

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: May 27, 2011, 10:18:09 AM »

Hi Laxie

No worries.  Sarah is the youngest and she's 14.  Sinéad is nearly 16 and Brian is 19.  They're staying in the home they've grown up in - with their Dad.

On a few occasions with the last couple of years, he'd been asked to move back to his home place but he refused.  You don't do that in rural Ireland apparently.  I've no family in Ireland and had been a stay at home mom for most of their lives.  Finding work in this area was impossible as the locals felt they were taking sides if they hired me.  So we stuck it out under the same roof for the last couple of years and I'd intended to stick it out for the next three as well.  But things change.

I can sympathise with your situation... My ex wife and I remained under the same roof for 2 years after we were properly divorced as the financial side of our relationship was so complex  .....  it is truly a surreal situation

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: May 27, 2011, 10:25:53 AM »

Hi Laxie

No worries.  Sarah is the youngest and she's 14.  Sinéad is nearly 16 and Brian is 19.  They're staying in the home they've grown up in - with their Dad.

I can sympathise with your situation... My ex wife and I remained under the same roof for 2 years after we were properly divorced as the financial side of our relationship was so complex  .....  it is truly a surreal situation

Blimey.  Didn't realise there were more out there like us. 

Around here the locals had it in their heads we must be grand to say we were living under the same roof.  A few very close friends knew snippets.  Only we knew the truth.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: May 27, 2011, 10:30:59 AM »

As for finding happiness?  Well you can sing that!!!  I'm over the moon and I've never been more sure about anything in my life.  If you haven't kept up to speed, might want to go back to about page 102 of this thread.  Right about here to be exact...

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=47002.msg1367347#msg1367347

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: May 27, 2011, 10:36:36 AM »

As for finding happiness?  Well you can sing that!!!  I'm over the moon and I've never been more sure about anything in my life.  If you haven't kept up to speed, might want to go back to about page 102 of this thread.  Right about here to be exact...

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=47002.msg1367347#msg1367347

ah...no worries im up to speed with recent developments...hope it all goes well....  yup.. as far relationships and divorces go..i got you beat... eastenders had nothing on me..intrigue, phone tapping and hitman requests are but the highlights...lol

Pages: 1 ... 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: