blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:52:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  past blonde Bashes
| | | |-+  Accommodation
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Accommodation  (Read 50233 times)
The_duke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2010, 09:12:40 PM »

I will be sober.
I will remember all of the weekend.
I will not be available for roshambo lessons.
I will not put stupid answers on the quiz. Easy trophies, innit? Wink (It must be, I have one already!)
I will not be up for the football.
I will not have gone to bed by 10am. Breakfast, then bed, ldo.
I will not be singing.

Seriously though, I might not be there. And this also applies to Joobs. Sorry guys, but our darling landlord decided she didn't want a lodger any more, and gave us notice today. So we are probably going to need our money to pay deposits/rent etc. Happy birthday to me (well, in a week).

Bad beat -- GL

A great many people believe they are thinking, when in fact they are just rearranging their prejudices
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2010, 11:51:51 PM »

Seriously though, I might not be there. And this also applies to Joobs. Sorry guys, but our darling landlord decided she didn't want a lodger any more, and gave us notice today. So we are probably going to need our money to pay deposits/rent etc. Happy birthday to me (well, in a week).

urgh - hope you get it sorted.

love Claire (proud owner of three very-hard-to-get blonde bash quiz trophies)

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2010, 12:34:37 AM »

I've booked the Days Hotel. Lastminute are currently offering 30% off three night stays - £126 for Friday-Mon

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2010, 12:46:53 AM »

Train fares: http://www.eastcoast.co.uk - £25 return so far from London...if people get confused, PM me and ill see what I can find.

Hotels: See Claw's post. Travelodge Riverside is £150 for 3 nights if you book 3 separate nights through their £19 promo. Will post others I find.

Driving: If you have a drivers licence but no car/insurance and fancy it, http://www.enterprise.co.uk have a weekend deal where you hire a car from Fri to Mon and get it pretty cheap - £35 for the smallest car for 3 days plus if you want it Thursday to Tuesday, they take a little bit more off the standard rate. All they do for cover is take £200 off you which gets refunded when you return the car provided there's no damage.

Flying: Obv airport is EMA.
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2010, 12:55:56 AM »

i'm going to sort trains out soon - anyone else travelling up from london who fancies a pre-train drink or 4 give me a shout and we'll co-ordinate

thetank

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2010, 01:11:52 AM »

i'm going to sort trains out soon - anyone else travelling up from london who fancies a pre-train drink or 4 give me a shout and we'll co-ordinate

As I understand it Friday is the pre blonde bash drinking session and there is sufficient time to drinky drinky that nobody is inhibited in the having of a good time by any lack of intoxication. You want to have some pre pre drinks? Are you sure this is a good idea?

Aee you really envisaging a scenario where you are gigging it up in some Nottingham nightclub in the early hours of Saturday morning rueing your relative sobriety and cursing all the gods of the parthenon that you didn't have half a bottle of gin before you got on the train?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 01:14:41 AM by thetank » Logged

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2010, 01:14:00 AM »

I'm always inhibited by lack of intoxication. But there's no such thing as pre pre drinks...its an all day session.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2010, 01:19:54 AM »

Pre-drinking drinks are a MUST!  Just sayin.......

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2010, 01:21:07 AM »

Fair enough, I'm an amateur here. Just wonderin like

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2010, 01:22:04 AM »

It's ok.  We'll be gentle with the amateurs...mostly.   

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2010, 01:41:38 AM »

As I understand it Friday is the pre blonde bash drinking session and there is sufficient time to drinky drinky that nobody is inhibited in the having of a good time by any lack of intoxication. You want to have some pre pre drinks? Are you sure this is a good idea?

Aee you really envisaging a scenario where you are gigging it up in some Nottingham nightclub in the early hours of Saturday morning rueing your relative sobriety and cursing all the gods of the parthenon that you didn't have half a bottle of gin before you got on the train?

I've given up trying to think of a detailed reply to this. I'm going to just settle with.....

shush

thetank

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2010, 01:48:44 AM »

Cheesy

I'm just jealous tbh

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2010, 02:23:36 AM »

Cheesy

I'm just jealous tbh

And you're not gonna be there because?
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2010, 02:32:32 AM »

factors

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2010, 07:30:58 AM »

may I refer you to the link I posted earlier (possibly in another thread, cba to look) reporting on the last pre bash friday in nottingham

I believe the first paragraph (again cba to check) refers to pre drink drinks and that ended in a somewhat marv weekend so nerrrr

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: