blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:27:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD £300 Deepstack APRIL - INTERACTIVE
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD £300 Deepstack APRIL - INTERACTIVE  (Read 99652 times)
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #555 on: April 06, 2010, 09:09:31 PM »

i reckon it was the CL who suggested the original proposal and he had a a smirk on his face when he did it

WP CL I say

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: April 06, 2010, 09:11:23 PM »

So my friends, Romans, poker players, are berating me for taking £-155. GTFO. It's less than the law of the kebab shop

I don't get why you think anyone's berating?

Like myself, most people have congratulated you on the result and are happy you got there.

It's been interesting to discuss the deal in this situ.

I still think it's bad to take the deal as mentioned if you feel you have any edge.

Only one person of those remaining is getting £6k. Still a nice sum. The others aren't getting much different from the deal amount anyway, so why not play for it all or a bigger sum in a shorter handed deal. When you know others are keen to deal it's often an indication that they are keen to ladder, which can be used to your advantage.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: April 06, 2010, 09:21:20 PM »

So my friends, Romans, poker players, are berating me for taking £-155. GTFO. It's less than the law of the kebab shop

Like myself, most people have congratulated you on the result and are happy you got there.

I still think it's bad to take the deal as mentioned if you feel you have any edge.

Only one person of those remaining is getting £6k. Still a nice sum. The others aren't getting much different from the deal amount anyway, so why not play for it all or a bigger sum in a shorter handed deal. When you know others are keen to deal it's often an indication that they are keen to ladder, which can be used to your advantage.

Yeah, overdid the berating thing - on the whole its been instructive to get other opinions since I haven't been in a position to do a deal with so much up top.

However, difficult as I found it to understand what Mad Turk was saying, the gist seemed to be that I'd been lobotomised

Great result for you by the way, Blatch said you had a huge edge in most decent live tourneys and I guess he's been proved right

Oh, and I never feel I have an edge - self awareness FTW !

sola virtus nobilitat
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: April 06, 2010, 09:46:23 PM »

I can't see that there can ever be an edge when three shorties of four remaining have 10xBB. So you refuse a deal and decide you want to pick on the other shorties, shove with 79 suited and get called by AJ. And miss. Meh. £4k gone. Trip to Vegas or wherever no more.
It was in the CL's favour that the numbers meant the other three were getting five figures, which defo makes a difference psycologically.
Without being there it's easy to say "I'm happy to risk taking £6k at the expense of £10k" but that pretty much means you're taking half what you could be after potentially losing one race.
There's no way the CL should be getting more than £20k imo but easy to see why the other three let it through.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 09:52:11 PM by Chompy » Logged

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #559 on: April 06, 2010, 09:51:19 PM »

I think your last sentence sums it all up.  If you think you can last one more place, then you might be in a better position to deal for a larger amount.  If you can see others are 'scared' at the amount that they might 'lose' by not doing the deal you might be able to exploit that.  However, you mention that one person of the remaining 4 (most probably the 3) isn't going to get the £10-11K.  In fact, they're only going to get 60% or less of what the deal would give them.  It's like game theory, that if the three collaborate they could work a better deal (possibly), but acting selfishly in order to secure themselves a guaranteed amount, they are in fact losing some equity.  Only one might 'lose', but all three are close to that edge.

Definitely an interesting spot and one that most people don't think about until they're in that situation.  I certainly haven't wasted my time thinking about doing deals at the final table before Cheesy

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
semtex

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: April 07, 2010, 01:00:27 PM »

Having had a few days to mull over the victory, and read the posts I totally agree that I got a great deal and more importantly the quodos of the win. However the way I was running and the inexperience of Manoj and Christie meant that I was overrunining the table with my chip sstack and aggression. It was just a matter of time before we had one player leave. I like Glen and respect his game and Christie was an angel so happy to see them leave with the money that they did. I have to respect Manoj for being the only player that opposed the deal but as you can imagine he was my target to put out next. I increased my chips considerably from the first talks of a deal, which incidentally Glen brought up. My focus was the plaudits of getting the win the bulk of the money and my sponsorship deal back on track. I have to finish on the fact that I think DTD is a great venue and the blonde guys are the best, shudve stopped to have a chat with them after picking up the cash but was so tired and had a 3 hour drive home ahead of me! But great work and I have already booked in for next month along with my trainer and mentor Graham Pound
ChristieEllis

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: April 08, 2010, 12:15:55 AM »

Having had a few days to mull over the victory, and read the posts I totally agree that I got a great deal and more importantly the quodos of the win. However the way I was running and the inexperience of Manoj and Christie meant that I was overrunining the table with my chip sstack and aggression. It was just a matter of time before we had one player leave. I like Glen and respect his game and Christie was an angel so happy to see them leave with the money that they did. I have to respect Manoj for being the only player that opposed the deal but as you can imagine he was my target to put out next. I increased my chips considerably from the first talks of a deal, which incidentally Glen brought up. My focus was the plaudits of getting the win the bulk of the money and my sponsorship deal back on track. I have to finish on the fact that I think DTD is a great venue and the blonde guys are the best, shudve stopped to have a chat with them after picking up the cash but was so tired and had a 3 hour drive home ahead of me! But great work and I have already booked in for next month along with my trainer and mentor Graham Pound

I am Still happy.. I wont think it was a bad deal. I went there with a aim to get to day 2 which I did and even better to make final table. This was my first Final table and Big torniment I have been for a big game,  I have never been in anything where you can deal this was new to me. Iguess we could have played on however, I know for one I was very tired and being offered £10k eemed good to be as any one of us short stacks could have gone with £6k so for an extra £4k why not deal?

Regards,
Christie
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #562 on: April 08, 2010, 01:34:35 PM »

I am Still happy.. I wont think it was a bad deal. I went there with a aim to get to day 2 which I did and even better to make final table. This was my first Final table and Big torniment I have been for a big game,  I have never been in anything where you can deal this was new to me. Iguess we could have played on however, I know for one I was very tired and being offered £10k eemed good to be as any one of us short stacks could have gone with £6k so for an extra £4k why not deal?

christine

i wouldnt take it as critisism to be honest, and no doubt you are delighted with the 10k score as you rightly should be

Playinn poker is very much a learning curve, and no doubt next time you get to that spot, with your now much improved bankroll, you might make a different choice. if not then it doesnt matter either

that said there are some points in this thread worth bearing in mind when cutting deals in the future

great score wp gg weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #563 on: April 08, 2010, 06:41:07 PM »

christine

i wouldnt take it as critisism to be honest, and no doubt you are delighted with the 10k score as you rightly should be

Playinn poker is very much a learning curve, and no doubt next time you get to that spot, with your now much improved bankroll, you might make a different choice. if not then it doesnt matter either

that said there are some points in this thread worth bearing in mind when cutting deals in the future

I think she'd take the same deal or close to it next time as well.  So would Glenn, and if I ever managed to bink myself into the same situation I would as well.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #564 on: April 08, 2010, 07:31:32 PM »

christine

I think she'd take the same deal or close to it next time as well.  So would Glenn, and if I ever managed to bink myself into the same situation I would as well.

hahaahhaaha you made my day! x

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Shawrie85

View Profile
« Reply #565 on: April 09, 2010, 01:33:09 AM »

Sure will be used for that!
Shawrie85

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: April 09, 2010, 01:43:58 AM »

Fact 1...............Its a great deal for CL, lose 2k risk nothing = 24k WOW.

Fact 2...............Its a great deal for THREE short stacks! 2/3 gain 6k, 1/3 lose 4k = +2k combined.

Fact 3...............I never take THIS deal if 1 of ANY of the players.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #567 on: April 09, 2010, 09:25:43 AM »

Fact 2...............Its a great deal for THREE short stacks! 2/3 gain 6k, 1/3 lose 4k = +2k combined.

You aren't dealing if your CL here ??
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: April 09, 2010, 01:42:49 PM »

You aren't dealing if your CL here ??

Pretty sure there is something wrong when Monda completely pwns someone!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: April 09, 2010, 01:58:52 PM »

Pretty sure there is something wrong when Monda completely pwns someone!

must be a misread

but shawrie wtf? ? ?

you think all 4 did great deals but you wouldn't take the deal in any of their positions. you must be a nightmare to deal with.

'yeah, I know you've offered me first place, the trophy, the entire prize fund of the tournament and a crack at each of your wives on a weekly basis for the next 3 months and I do appreciate that that's a great deal but no'

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: