blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:45:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Poker Stars UKIPT at DTD Days 1a, 1b
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Poker Stars UKIPT at DTD Days 1a, 1b  (Read 140708 times)
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: May 14, 2010, 12:20:17 AM »

Ryan O'Connor limps in early position having just said before the hand "everytime I limp I get raised, I don't know why I do it"

Neil Banks raises in the cutoff with 

Matt Russell finds  on the button and 3-bets

O'Connor then re-re-raises. It appears he has the action he was looking for

Banks folds the Queens

Matt shoves, O'Connor has 

board 

"I knew I suppose, but I can't pass Kings with my stack there"

i think i played this well Smiley trapped the guy with my table talk, this tourney was good fun, sadly im out now but at least i had the chance

lol

[ ] WP

U "trapped" a guy with kings. If you probably open raise, you'd treble up and might be still in

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
iwillwinlots

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: May 14, 2010, 12:21:31 AM »

Ryan O'Connor limps in early position having just said before the hand "everytime I limp I get raised, I don't know why I do it"

Banks folds the Queens

board 

i think i played this well Smiley trapped the guy with my table talk, this tourney was good fun, sadly im out now but at least i had the chance

lol

[ ] WP

U "trapped" a guy with kings. If you probably open raise, you'd treble up and might be still in

nice welcome from u
oconnorholla

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: May 14, 2010, 12:24:00 AM »

Banks folds the Queens

board 

lol

[ ] WP

the guy with kings should defo have folded with the action like it happened tho, i think that my junk talk was the only reason he went all in
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #543 on: May 14, 2010, 12:32:26 AM »

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

Whollyflush

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: May 14, 2010, 12:40:47 AM »

Wonderful updates thankyou. I was reading the pokerstars bloggers but nowhere near as frequent as these, I look forward to following my friend Jonathon Prested over this weekend and on Monday hopefully Smiley

ORLY?

@whollyflush on twitter
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #545 on: May 14, 2010, 12:42:11 AM »

Banks folds the Queens

board 

lol

[ ] WP

the guy with kings should defo have folded with the action like it happened tho, i think that my junk talk was the only reason he went all in

Are you like a real person? He probably went all in cos he had a king and a king.
oconnorholla

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: May 14, 2010, 12:44:03 AM »

Banks folds the Queens

board 

lol

[ ] WP

Are you like a real person? He probably went all in cos he had a king and a king.

so if i dont talk do you not think he can think about it without me in his head. the last times i limped i folded so he should know that
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #547 on: May 14, 2010, 12:44:25 AM »

nice job rich
LeedsRhodesy

View Profile
« Reply #548 on: May 14, 2010, 12:51:28 AM »

Banks folds the Queens

board 

lol

[ ] WP

lol at this
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #549 on: May 14, 2010, 01:24:16 AM »

Banks folds the Queens

board 

lol

[ ] WP

OP obviously inspired by this from 6.26 onwards.  Table chat FTW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3yknrPX8z8&feature=player_embedded

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Rupert
:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #550 on: May 14, 2010, 03:52:07 AM »

i'd fold kings if someone limp 4 bet UTG giving a speech.  it's actually not even close, what a terrible play by you

Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: May 14, 2010, 03:56:52 AM »

Matt Russell finds   on the button and 3-bets

Banks folds the Queens

board  

lol

[ ] WP

so if i dont talk do you not think he can think about it without me in his head. the last times i limped i folded so he should know that

Unless I've played with someone a long long long time and know that they're the nittiest player in the world i'm never folding KK to this action.

You could easily have AK/AQ/QQ/JJ/TT here, as well as random bluffs due to the previously mentioned table talk.

No offence but you can't really say you played it well and trapped him. You ran AA into KK/QQ pre. Even the worst poker player in the world can't really misplay this preflop as barring the utterly bizarre scenario of 3 of you slow playing all the chips will end up in the middle.

Blue text
SuperJez

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: May 14, 2010, 07:07:18 AM »

thanks for the updates, was really appreciated, will be following this thread today, my man greig mcintosh gonna scoop!
zzBlizzardzz

The Canadian

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: May 14, 2010, 07:34:15 AM »

Well done Tighty, Sorry to hear Steve Red went out. I guess you have to go broke on Aces. Well done Steve.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good" Samuel Johnson

Watch things happen, Make things happen or wonder what the hell happened!! Me
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #554 on: May 14, 2010, 08:00:05 AM »

Banks folds the Queens

board 

lol

[ ] WP

Foirst of all welcome to blonde Cheesy

Secondly it has nothing to do with table talk. He has kings. End of. Your speech had nothing to do with it.

If you raise with aces, Queens could well re raise. Kings would shove. You'd obviously call and queens may feel like they're priced in. Either way there's extra money in the pot.

Incidentally, what happened to this speech play on your exit hand? Didn't work?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: