blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:04:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Come on England
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Come on England  (Read 48405 times)
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: June 19, 2010, 12:23:30 AM »

Monda you're usually spot on, but Rooney looked uninterested for the last 15 minutes today, just walking around. He hasn't been the same player since he was injured.

Maybe the fact he's been took to the tune of £5million has had an effect on him,maybe the responsibilty of a nation resting solely on his shoulders has,I have no idea but I'm a 100% sure that he isn't uninterested,why would he show passion and drive in the qualifiers to not give a shit when the main stage comes around.As I say I've no idea what's wrong with him but something clearly is mentally,physically or both.

The guy is only 24 years old and has the whole country on his shoulders! Not fair to be put in such a position imo!

I agree...but whats changed; you lot do this at every tournament.....Gazza, Beckham, Rooney- you make messiah's out of these players and the pressure of a whole country is put on these individual players shoulders!!! You also have a team of individual players who are so detached from reality(think the debacles with terry, cole) and its basically a team of egotistical, overpaid players. You were largely outplayed by algeria tonight; a TEAM that man for man are not a patch on your players but they fit so well together and fought for each other!!! basically you need Mourinho as manager...think of the Team spirit he created at both Chelsea and Inter(and will do at Real); once you get that your onto a winner

Do country's like Spain,Brazil,Italy,Germany not have players exactly the same,or is it just the English players ?

Spain = Villa, Torres, Iniesta, Xavi, Ramos, Casillas all pretty much loved/expected equally- cant be bothered going through the rest of the teams you mentioned but pretty much the same formula- no player singled out to be saviour; prob only exception to this is Messi at Argentina

I meant the egotistical overpaid bit
Hairydude

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 19, 2010, 12:33:00 AM »

your probably right about all countries having overpaid egotistical players! but all the other teams players seem to play more for each other rather than themselves; do think i'm right about you putting all your hopes on one player tho

Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 19, 2010, 12:35:43 AM »

your probably right about all countries having overpaid egotistical players! but all the other teams players seem to play more for each other rather than themselves; do think i'm right about you putting all your hopes on one player tho

You are right about that.
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 19, 2010, 12:39:38 AM »

Work mate on FB;

Andrew Byrnes, Some of those bellends don't just look like they haven't played together before,they look like they've never played at all,skin of their teeth if they do progress,but I said weeks ago I didn't think they'd pass the first group stage and thats coz they've been forced to cobble a team together using players from mediocre mid-table clubs like Man City and Liverpool.
2 hours ago · Like

Andrew Byrnes, Rooney's a fish out of water without top class players around him,needs Neville,Brown,Scholes,Rio,Carrick,lads who know what the big stages expect...not tools like Johnson,Heskey,SWP,Carragher,all shocking tonight but they're used to playing at a lesser level,Channel 5,Thursday night,Pretend Europe.

Oh and France.

Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 19, 2010, 12:51:47 AM »

IMO Heskey should never wear an England jersey ever again!

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 19, 2010, 12:52:55 AM »

IMO Heskey should never wear an England jersey ever again!

arbban imo

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 19, 2010, 02:37:56 AM »

what do people think about the future of England, next world cup team etc.

Hart, Glen Johnson, Rooney, Adam Johnson, Lennon?, Walcott?, Huddlestone?, bleak?

Terry, Rio, Lamps, Gerrard, Ashly Cole, Heskey, James, Barry, will all be past it and may even retire after this world cup.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Murph1984

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 19, 2010, 02:41:16 AM »

There are two problems for England.

The first is that you are not as good as you think you are,which you realise everytime a mjor tournament rolls around but by the time the next one has come the delusion that you are contenders has resurfaced,while at the same time your opponents are better than you think they are,it's not 1980 anymore,there are teams that are decent and well organised and comfortable on the ball that are not named Germany,Spain,Holland etc.

The second problem is that Capello insists on playing a formation that neutralises your 3 best players.Rooney now prefers and has proven he is LETHAL when playing through the middle on his own.Lampard plays in a 3 man midfield for club and thrives and scores goals for fun.Gerrard when in the middle can grab any game by the scruff of the neck and drag a team to victory by steamrolling.

A 451/433 whatever you want to call it is what England should be playing,which incidetally would also allow for your 4th best player Joe Cole to fit nicely into the side at the same time.

I just can't understand why he insists on keeping with a formation that effetively kills every threat the side has.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 19, 2010, 02:58:04 AM »

The first is that you are not as good as you think you are,which you realise everytime a mjor tournament rolls around but by the time the next one has come the delusion that you are contenders has resurfaced,while at the same time your opponents are better than you think they are,it's not 1980 anymore,there are teams that are decent and well organised and comfortable on the ball that are not named Germany,Spain,Holland etc.

The second problem is that Capello insists on playing a formation that neutralises your 3 best players.Rooney now prefers and has proven he is LETHAL when playing through the middle on his own.Lampard plays in a 3 man midfield for club and thrives and scores goals for fun.Gerrard when in the middle can grab any game by the scruff of the neck and drag a team to victory by steamrolling.

A 451/433 whatever you want to call it is what England should be playing,which incidetally would also allow for your 4th best player Joe Cole to fit nicely into the side at the same time.

I just can't understand why he insists on keeping with a formation that effetively kills every threat the side has.

Nice post agree with everything until you said that Joe Cole was our 4th best player. You do realise this guy doesn't get a game for his club yeah?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Murph1984

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 19, 2010, 03:11:16 AM »

Yeah it's my club Smiley

When I say 4th best player I mean threat-wise.

After Rooney,Gerrard and Lampard i'm struggling to think of anyone else who is more of a reliable threat than him.
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 19, 2010, 03:23:09 AM »

Not sure which is more shocking, Blatch's grim or Englands performance?

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 19, 2010, 03:31:25 AM »

probs blatch's grim as nobody expected it!

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
Nem

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 19, 2010, 03:58:10 AM »

Yeah it's my club Smiley

When I say 4th best player I mean threat-wise.

After Rooney,Gerrard and Lampard i'm struggling to think of anyone else who is more of a reliable threat than him.

IMO there's not much in it between Cole, Lennon and SWP with regards to threat-ability. If we were talking a couple of season's back then I would've agreed with you. Lennon played for 4 months last season and scored 3 and created 9 assists and he doesnt take corners. SWP also had better stats than Cole, although Cole played 5 games less in total minutes than both players' .However he does play for a superior team who scored over 100 goals in the league.
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 19, 2010, 10:55:23 AM »

Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 19, 2010, 11:13:42 AM »

probs blatch's grim as nobody expected it!

What happened? Busto?

Someone sum up please!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 32 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: