blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 08:46:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272431 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Discussions about: Staking - Betfair Football Trading
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 147 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Discussions about: Staking - Betfair Football Trading  (Read 504653 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« on: June 15, 2010, 03:45:29 PM »

can i ask what your information sources are?  and why u had no involvement on the game which anyone who is anyone knew the sharps were going to back heavily S Korea v Greece and move the market substantially (nearly half a goal in asia which is huge in a game of this standard) yet your investment fund never got involved in the game which is most suitable for 'riskfree' pre match greening up.  I can only assume this is what i have always thought it was just a guessing game pre match of which way the market would go without any real knowledge of the market or whose money actually moves the market.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 03:52:55 PM »

can i ask what your information sources are?  and why u had no involvement on the game which anyone who is anyone knew the sharps were going to back heavily S Korea v Greece and move the market substantially (nearly half a goal in asia which is huge in a game of this standard) yet your investment fund never got involved in the game which is most suitable for 'riskfree' pre match greening up.  I can only assume this is what i have always thought it was just a guessing game pre match of which way the market would go without any real knowledge of the market or whose money actually moves the market.

I know nothing of arbitrage speak, is this guy rubbing Blatch down?
Blatch

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 03:53:25 PM »

Because the money was tied up in the England game later that day.

On Saturday I was out at Leicester races all day so took the option to do the England game instead of trying to do more than one.

As for the information sources - no you can't.  I dont believe you are involved in this, my apologies if you are, but Im not going to disclose what, or how, I use or receive information.

I must be pretty good at guessing Smiley
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 03:55:40 PM »

On Saturday I was out at Leicester races all day so took the option to do the England game instead of trying to do more than one.

As for the information sources - no you can't.  I dont believe you are involved in this, my apologies if you are, but Im not going to disclose what, or how, I use or receive information.

Ah right, so he basically points out where you went wrong, accuses you of guessing then asks for your secrets.
Blatch

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 04:00:37 PM »

Ah right, so he basically points out where you went wrong, accuses you of guessing then asks for your secrets.

Pretty much but it goes a bit deeper than that.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 04:02:12 PM »

so your 'information sources' would advise u to avoid the game which was going to be the biggest gamble of the first round and hence give u the biggest opportunity for 'riskfree' profit by a mile.   There wont be another game in this world cup which moves this much i 100% gtd that.    You only had to read the racing post world cup pull out and the shrewder firms in the list (4 of which all put up S Korea as their best bet of the 1st round - one of whom i know personally who knows people who move markets with their money)  Many were a bit worried that too many people had let the cat out of the bag but the shrewdies all still got on a gamble that went from 3.3 to 2.7 and obliged in style.

Virtually no one on this thread knows anything about football betting at the real sharp end and like i said before the fact you chose to get involved in an england game instead of the biggest gamble of the whole event just shows that your so called 'information sources' are nothing other than guess work.  What amazes me is the amount of people who have invested in this.  
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 04:04:13 PM »

Yeah we all lumped on South Korea.

ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 04:04:39 PM »

Yeah we all lumped on South Korea.

we certainly did. oioiiiiiiiii

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 04:04:59 PM »

Ah I get it, you must have sucked out on this guy at DTD or someink.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2010, 04:09:30 PM »

Seriously though arbboy, what do you care? Surely if Blatch is missing out on something or making bad gambles, that is better for you no? I can only assume you have some sort of unrelated grievance with Blatch and you are choosing to try and make him look silly on a thread where he has made lots of people money. Being as you only have a dozen forum posts and the other ones you are trying to flog something, Im sticking with Blatch tx
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2010, 04:12:42 PM »

so your 'information sources' would advise u to avoid the game which was going to be the biggest gamble of the first round and hence give u the biggest opportunity for 'riskfree' profit by a mile.   There wont be another game in this world cup which moves this much i 100% gtd that.    You only had to read the racing post world cup pull out and the shrewder firms in the list (4 of which all put up S Korea as their best bet of the 1st round - one of whom i know personally who knows people who move markets with their money)  Many were a bit worried that too many people had let the cat out of the bag but the shrewdies all still got on a gamble that went from 3.3 to 2.7 and obliged in style.

Virtually no one on this thread knows anything about football betting at the real sharp end and like i said before the fact you chose to get involved in an england game instead of the biggest gamble of the whole event just shows that your so called 'information sources' are nothing other than guess work.  What amazes me is the amount of people who have invested in this. 

Did he say he was advised to avoid this game, or that he was away from his computer, and therefore couldn't trade on it?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2010, 04:19:30 PM »

arbboy, you can make the same point in a less aggressive manner.

You obviously know stuff about football trading, prob more than all of us who have invested but try and say what you want in a non-confrontational manner imo.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2010, 04:30:35 PM »

To be fair he does have a point- investing funds into the England game meaning that they are tied up for the Korea game was a mistake- Korea were 6-4 in places with the bookies early on but 2-1 and higher in others, so the market clearly hadnt settled and I had them as a certain market mover, where as the England game was harder to call in terms of trading due to a few factors. Plus the upside to a Korea market move was far more substantial than an England market move/drift. Englands price couldnt move 20 spots ever, whilst the Koreans definitely could.

Even the best make mistakes Blatch Smiley
LOJ

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2010, 04:31:39 PM »

so your 'information sources' would advise u to avoid the game which was going to be the biggest gamble of the first round and hence give u the biggest opportunity for 'riskfree' profit by a mile.   There wont be another game in this world cup which moves this much i 100% gtd that.    You only had to read the racing post world cup pull out and the shrewder firms in the list (4 of which all put up S Korea as their best bet of the 1st round - one of whom i know personally who knows people who move markets with their money)  Many were a bit worried that too many people had let the cat out of the bag but the shrewdies all still got on a gamble that went from 3.3 to 2.7 and obliged in style.

Virtually no one on this thread knows anything about football betting at the real sharp end and like i said before the fact you chose to get involved in an england game instead of the biggest gamble of the whole event just shows that your so called 'information sources' are nothing other than guess work.  What amazes me is the amount of people who have invested in this.  

If you were lucky (or had the balls) to invest in the start you might have an idea of the ROI on this so far.........

Blatch u are my hero......
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2010, 04:32:30 PM »

Arbboy trades full time btw. So im sure he is fine with not investing.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 147 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: