blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 01:38:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272573 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Discussions about: Staking - Betfair Football Trading
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 147 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Discussions about: Staking - Betfair Football Trading  (Read 508764 times)
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2010, 06:45:43 PM »

chris -  most position takers on bf (unless they are insanely successful over a long period of time % wise which is virtually impossible) dont pay the premium charge.  The premium charge has a complex formula but to keep it simple it punishes people who suck money out of th bf system without giving much back in the way of commission (ie green up merchants or people who lay 1000/1 or back 1.01 about things which are already beat/won)  Against popular belief you can be a massive winner on bf and not pay the premium charge if you take positions conversely you can pay the premium winning a relatively small amount of money depending on how you win it.  I know this will sound like double dutch to most people but its actually fact. 

LOL. That is all.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
a.sparrow

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2010, 06:46:16 PM »

Having a go at someone who is doing this for free, for not making ppl enough money, when you aren't even involved, seems well harsh to me.

I used to play arrboy on crypto on the stts all the time, always seemed to have an axe to grind and was ridic abusive in chat.

I've met him since and he seems a jolly enough chap who is friends with some good poker players and nice ppl-not that the two always go together. Smiley

However, you say you don't have an axe to grind, seems to me a little like you do.

Wow you are the nutz at trading, enjoy your money and don't start slinging abuse at someone who has shown a really good roi over the season.

Blatch openly admits this was about testing this out, and also a wish to help fellow blondes make a nice profit.

Having a go at him for playing roulette and getting staked for cash is just mud slinging rot and you should leave it out.

As for that msn convo that is just an absolute joke, u r basically insinuating stuff u shldnt.

Just my opinion.

thats where i remember the name from, i agree with the highlighted....but he definately seems to know what hes talking about and i respect that like i said, just no need for the needle.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2010, 06:46:26 PM »

there is no agenda.  Like i say i have followed this closely for a number of months with a view to offering a partnership arrangement whereby the investors and i could mutually benefit from the fund being invested in my betfair account so the investors wouldnt lose 3% of every win out of the total bank by using my 2% account rather than 5% account the fund is currently using.  To put this into context if the fund had 200 winning trades a year of £3k lets asssume next season.   (losing trades dont count for commission because u dont pay any) that would be total gross winnings of £600k.   Less than 5% commission currently charged would give £570k after commission.  do this on a 2% account and the net returns after commission would be £588k.  £18k straight off the bottom line over a season given straight to bf purely because you are on 5% rather than 2% doing nothing different at all regarding staking.  The only loser doing this is betfair losing £18k of commisson from the investment fund.

Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2010, 06:48:18 PM »

I doubt its 5%, my Mum is on 4.2%, even my Nan would be less than that!!! Or whatever the current equivalent ie 2%= 60% discount etc
henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2010, 06:49:43 PM »

there is no agenda.  Like i say i have followed this closely for a number of months with a view to offering a partnership arrangement whereby the investors and i could mutually benefit from the fund being invested in my betfair account so the investors wouldnt lose 3% of every win out of the total bank by using my 2% account rather than 5% account the fund is currently using.  To put this into context if the fund had 200 winning trades a year of £3k lets asssume next season.   (losing trades dont count for commission because u dont pay any) that would be total gross winnings of £600k.   Less than 5% commission currently charged would give £570k after commission.  do this on a 2% account and the net returns after commission would be £588k.  £18k straight off the bottom line over a season given straight to bf purely because you are on 5% rather than 2% doing nothing different at all regarding staking.  The only loser doing this is betfair losing £18k of commisson from the investment fund.

I'll wager a lot that he hasn't paid 5% most of the season.

Sandy
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2010, 06:51:18 PM »

lol this is a joke right?

You say no agenda then talk about a partnership? Haha

Motive revealed. GG you.
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2010, 06:52:44 PM »

there is no agenda.  Like i say i have followed this closely for a number of months with a view to offering a partnership arrangement whereby the investors and i could mutually benefit from the fund being invested in my betfair account so the investors wouldnt lose 3% of every win out of the total bank by using my 2% account rather than 5% account the fund is currently using.  To put this into context if the fund had 200 winning trades a year of £3k lets asssume next season.   (losing trades dont count for commission because u dont pay any) that would be total gross winnings of £600k.   Less than 5% commission currently charged would give £570k after commission.  do this on a 2% account and the net returns after commission would be £588k.  £18k straight off the bottom line over a season given straight to bf purely because you are on 5% rather than 2% doing nothing different at all regarding staking.  The only loser doing this is betfair losing £18k of commisson from the investment fund.

lol this is a joke right?

You say no agenda then talk about a partnership? Haha

Motive revealed. GG you.

be asking for a stake next
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2010, 06:52:57 PM »

What's this? Come and use my 2% account on which I don't pay the 20% premium charge because I take a position and don't trade...to do your trading?

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2010, 06:59:09 PM »

Good job arbboy hasn't got access to Boldie's staking forum.

Cheesy

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2010, 07:02:23 PM »

let me clarify i dont want any involvement in this investment plan having seen how the south korea game wasnt invested in.  I clicked reply before i finished my post by accident and added that i had been following this plan for most of the season and was impressed and genuinely thought the guy must have some decent contacts however having seen how this game wasnt included its pretty obvious that its not as well clued up as i thought and i wouldnt want to get involved and have peoples funds invested in my account.  It would never have been proposed to get involved in the investment decisions just purely to allow the fund to use my account at a mutually beneficial spot for both parties where the loser would have been betfair receiving lower commissions from the fund.   Numerous people use my betfair account to place bets when the upside is big and they arent on 2% in a similar manner to that proposed for obvious win win situation reasons.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2010, 07:06:09 PM »

let me clarify i dont want any involvement in this investment plan having seen how the south korea game wasnt invested in.  I clicked reply before i finished my post by accident and added that i had been following this plan for most of the season and was impressed and genuinely thought the guy must have some decent contacts however having seen how this game wasnt included its pretty obvious that its not as well clued up as i thought and i wouldnt want to get involved and have peoples funds invested in my account.  It would never have been proposed to get involved in the investment decisions just purely to allow the fund to use my account at a mutually beneficial spot for both parties where the loser would have been betfair receiving lower commissions from the fund.   Numerous people use my betfair account to place bets when the upside is big and they arent on 2% in a similar manner to that proposed for obvious win win situation reasons.

Commas and a shift key would make your posts slightly more legible. 

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2010, 07:06:32 PM »

It makes even more financial sense from chompys reply because if the investment fund was to become very successful its exactly the type of 'greening up' account which would be hit by the premium charge if there were hardly any games which made a loss.  Given its success so far if its on a brand new account from the start i would be surprised with a 60/10 win/loss trading ratio if its not paying the premium charge already.  
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2010, 07:07:50 PM »

It makes even more financial sense from chompys reply because if the investment fund was to become very successful its exactly the type of 'greening up' account which would be hit by the premium charge if there were hardly any games which made a loss.  Given its success so far if its on a brand new account from the start i would be surprised with a 60/10 win/loss trading ratio if its not paying the premium charge already. 

You said you'd read the thread and you've been keeping an eye on it? 

Did you forget to read the opening post of the thread?

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=43354.msg1015603#msg1015603

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2010, 07:14:58 PM »

if the account suddenly had to pay 20% premium charge on top of lets say 4% commission then the returns from using a 2% account with no premium charge are quite sizeable.  Take 20% off the £600k profits in my realistic model as well as the commission and all of a sudden the amount given to betfair looks rather big (over £100k a season)  Remember this is the only overhead this business plan has and currently the plan is paying close to as high a fee as is possible.  IF and when the premium charge hits the model its returns will become a whole lot lower.   The only way to avoid this is to use a lower commission account which doesnt pay the premium charge.  Believe me these are hard to find.
Linux
lol pwnd

I am dexter in disguise...

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2010, 07:25:19 PM »

epic

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
we are leeds and we are back.  https://twitter.com/jpmood
 Click to see full-size image.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 147 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: