blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:20:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272483 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Discussions about: Staking - Betfair Football Trading
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 ... 147 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Discussions about: Staking - Betfair Football Trading  (Read 505938 times)
Murph1984

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: June 17, 2010, 11:35:18 AM »

I cannot overstate how disappointed I am that this thread title doesn't contain the phrase "soft $5/$10 game in Vegas"
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 17, 2010, 11:45:43 AM »

OK, who's hacked Guy's account and posted something sensible with it?  Please return it to its rightful owner.

sigh - sometimes my job involes mediatation and arbitration - got carried away, sorry - ill return to being a cock now!  Grin

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 17, 2010, 11:52:51 AM »

It also strikes me that the sums involved caused a little stir. When it was £30-40 a game it was still an experiment, when it was 300-400 it was magic times, when it was 2-3k people could start dreaming. However, people must accept that the swings both up and down are a factor of the bank roll size. Losing 3k, is just a factor of having won so much over the season. The size of the betting and the relevance that then had against peoples lives did also seem to be an catalyst to the interst in the conspiracy.

I think the fact people started jumping on the bandwaggon with significant amounts skewed the figures a bit. £3240 was the initial bank and now it appears more than one person has invested plenty more than this.

The fact remains that anyone who has invested must have had a fair bit of trust in Blatch, but now some random internet troll has stirred it up they don't. WTF ? If there were signs of impropriety then why not pull out or ask Blatch ? There were no signs. If someone sees a better way or an opportunity that doesn't mean Blatch is at it. If it does then i hope you never sit on a jury.

Sandy
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 17, 2010, 12:03:16 PM »

It also strikes me that the sums involved caused a little stir. When it was £30-40 a game it was still an experiment, when it was 300-400 it was magic times, when it was 2-3k people could start dreaming. However, people must accept that the swings both up and down are a factor of the bank roll size. Losing 3k, is just a factor of having won so much over the season. The size of the betting and the relevance that then had against peoples lives did also seem to be an catalyst to the interst in the conspiracy.

I think the fact people started jumping on the bandwaggon with significant amounts skewed the figures a bit. £3240 was the initial bank and now it appears more than one person has invested plenty more than this.

The fact remains that anyone who has invested must have had a fair bit of trust in Blatch, but now some random internet troll has stirred it up they don't. WTF ? If there were signs of impropriety then why not pull out or ask Blatch ? There were no signs. If someone sees a better way or an opportunity that doesn't mean Blatch is at it. If it does then i hope you never sit on a jury.

Sandy

Human nature kid, it's only natural people cast doubt when things are going bad. Who the fks gonna question anything when winning. Doesn't mean they shouldn't, they just wont.

Anyway, I've sent Blatch a text so I'm expecting he'll post up soon and clear this whole thing up.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 17, 2010, 12:08:44 PM »

Sandy

Human nature kid, it's only natural people cast doubt when things are going bad. Who the fks gonna question anything when winning. Doesn't mean they shouldn't, they just wont.

Anyway, I've sent Blatch a text so I'm expecting he'll post up soon and clear this whole thing up.

Clear what up ?

Sandy
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 17, 2010, 12:24:49 PM »

tighty -i said i wasnt going to reply again but this is really annoying.  Nothing that was said that you have been deleted had any abuse in it from my end.  It just seems that this forum you face either fits or it doesnt whatever you post.  I think you will find if you actually knew anything about the subject that the parts you have deleted are probably the monst important to date and actually involve the only 4 people on here who have proved to actually know anything about betfair (bobby dubai chompy and me)  The only abuse came from the forum clique who admit to knowing nothing about the subject.  In addition to this i was PM'ed last night by a respected forum member who privately viewed similar concerns to me.  MAybe as you can confirm whether i have msn someone that you can confirm this as well.  It seems there are people out there who have the same concerns but dont wish on this cliquely forum to put them on the public domain for fear of not being loved by the masses here which is really quite sad if you ask me.  As for being a troll or whatever that means it seems from the PM message that i have made numerous very valid points including the main one of why the investment manager cant simply post a weekly/monthly screenshot of the betfair P+L if he has nothing to hide on the forum.  He states already all the info his posts contain regarding a result (ie the match and the profit or loss and nothing else)  nothing would be giving away that isnt already posted by him on the forum.  His 'trading secrets' wouldnt be exposed.  That is unless the £80k fund is being used to fund his own lack of bankroll.  IF its all above board (like the guy who PM'd me last night said and understands how betfair works) why doesnt he screenshot the weekly/monthly P+L so investors can see easily what the results are?  I dont expect an answer but its not just me who thinks this.
Linux
lol pwnd

I am dexter in disguise...

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 17, 2010, 12:32:43 PM »

There's been a lot of behind the scenes concerns and I know various people have been discussing the issue.
 Blatch's lack of presence isn't ideal bu hopefully he can come online and post these P+L shots asap

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
we are leeds and we are back.  https://twitter.com/jpmood
 Click to see full-size image.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 17, 2010, 12:42:13 PM »

tighty -i said i wasnt going to reply again but this is really annoying.  Nothing that was said that you have been deleted had any abuse in it from my end.  It just seems that this forum you face either fits or it doesnt whatever you post.  I think you will find if you actually knew anything about the subject that the parts you have deleted are probably the monst important to date and actually involve the only 4 people on here who have proved to actually know anything about betfair (bobby dubai chompy and me)  The only abuse came from the forum clique who admit to knowing nothing about the subject.  In addition to this i was PM'ed last night by a respected forum member who privately viewed similar concerns to me.  MAybe as you can confirm whether i have msn someone that you can confirm this as well.  It seems there are people out there who have the same concerns but dont wish on this cliquely forum to put them on the public domain for fear of not being loved by the masses here which is really quite sad if you ask me.  As for being a troll or whatever that means it seems from the PM message that i have made numerous very valid points including the main one of why the investment manager cant simply post a weekly/monthly screenshot of the betfair P+L if he has nothing to hide on the forum.  He states already all the info his posts contain regarding a result (ie the match and the profit or loss and nothing else)  nothing would be giving away that isnt already posted by him on the forum.  His 'trading secrets' wouldnt be exposed.  That is unless the £80k fund is being used to fund his own lack of bankroll.  IF its all above board (like the guy who PM'd me last night said and understands how betfair works) why doesnt he screenshot the weekly/monthly P+L so investors can see easily what the results are?  I dont expect an answer but its not just me who thinks this.

Hey. There was a lot of abuse in your direction last night, which we removed. This is actually in your favour. By the same token you were asked not to keep responding, by me. Yet you kept doing so and it thus became impossible to defuse the situation.

Yes, there were a number of good posts (bobby1 etc) amongst the abuse and as you will see I think they've been put back up

Please give it a rest with the clique stuff too. You've had every opportunity you wanted to raise concerns on here. You've done so. After a point though once you've made the same point about 50 times, even after Blatch posted a reply it moves from simple posting into trolling, I think.

In all this I am only concerned with moderating the forum. I'm not involved in the stake, I'm not active on Betfair and have never claimed to be, and the mods don't mod disputes between staker/stakee.

So, to summarise, debate is fine. Flaming, abuse, and ignoring mod requests to back off are not.

Cheers

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 17, 2010, 12:56:18 PM »

So we have people with enough trust in a guy to make a medium term investment but not quite brave enough to ask the guy a question ? They could even email,pm text or actually do it in person rather than face the wrath of the forumites.

Seriously, you need to get a grip.

What exactly do you think should be clarified ?

Sandy
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: June 17, 2010, 01:25:12 PM »

tighty -i said i wasnt going to reply again but this is really annoying.

Agree up to that bit.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #250 on: June 17, 2010, 01:33:08 PM »

dont see what harm a few screenshots pm'd to investors could do.
henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 17, 2010, 01:39:16 PM »

dont see what harm a few screenshots pm'd to investors could do.

Has Blatch refused an investor a screenshot ?

Sandy
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 17, 2010, 01:40:02 PM »

trigg what difference would posting the screenshot of the P+L after every match/week/month do on the forum.  He posts something like this after every game anyway.

Greece +12000
Draw+12000
Korea +12000

Showing a screen shot of the betfair P+L would give exactly the same information (the game and the win/loss).  Nothing more nothing less.  No 'sensitive data' would be shown.   So the argument of not posting it on the forum has no ground if there is nothing to hide.  It gets boring stating the same thing all the time.  Would be really amazing if the man could provide an answer to the above which everyone who has pm'd me has stated as well as me.
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 17, 2010, 01:47:30 PM »

trigg what difference would posting the screenshot of the P+L after every match/week/month do on the forum.  He posts something like this after every game anyway.

Greece +12000
Draw+12000
Korea +12000

Showing a screen shot of the betfair P+L would give exactly the same information (the game and the win/loss).  Nothing more nothing less.  No 'sensitive data' would be shown.   So the argument of not posting it on the forum has no ground if there is nothing to hide.  It gets boring stating the same thing all the time.  Would be really amazing if the man could provide an answer to the above which everyone who has pm'd me has stated as well as me.

I am pretty sure if you stop banging on about it, he might consider it. Im also pretty certain that the more you go on, the less inclined he will be!

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 17, 2010, 01:54:18 PM »

Greece +12000
Draw+12000
Korea +12000

Seriously just leave it be for a couple of days. You have made some reasonable points in a rather confrontational manner and then repeated them in various different ways about 20 times. There is nothing to be gained by posting any more apart from to wind people up.

I agree that in some form showing a simple P/L from betfair is easily done and would kill this part of the arguement stone dead. I used to arb myself for beer money back in the golden days of arbing 2001ish so am well aware of how betfair comission works and have dabbled ever since when i saw an opportunity.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 ... 147 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: