blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:35:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Discussions about: Staking - Betfair Football Trading
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 147 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Discussions about: Staking - Betfair Football Trading  (Read 505850 times)
Murph1984

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: June 16, 2010, 09:02:35 PM »

Arbboy clearly knows his stuff but that didn't entitle him to act like he did on this thread.

Neither did missing one game warrant the intrusion into every detail of Blatch's life and somehow questioning his integrity.

I've never heard anyone say a bad word about the guy tbh,seems to be as genuine as they come.

All of arbboy's arguements were flawed and based totally on incorrect assumptions,most of which were detailed in the op.It was pretty clear from the start that this was an experimental enterprise and that obviously as he was not being paid to do it that he wouldn't be putting every waking hour into it and nor should he.

Arbboy you were asked for your professional opinion privately,you should have given that opinion privately to those who asked for it,to come on here and invade the mans thread trying to make him look stupid,dishonest and in general questioning his integrity and motives was well out of line.

And i'm not in the clique either,just wanted to help bring some balance to the thread,seeing as you strived so hard for it but failed.
sweet potata!

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 16, 2010, 09:06:33 PM »

Arbboy clearly knows his stuff but that didn't entitle him to act like he did on this thread.

Neither did missing one game warrant the intrusion into every detail of Blatch's life and somehow questioning his integrity.

I've never heard anyone say a bad word about the guy tbh,seems to be as genuine as they come.

All of arbboy's arguements were flawed and based totally on incorrect assumptions,most of which were detailed in the op.It was pretty clear from the start that this was an experimental enterprise and that obviously as he was not being paid to do it that he wouldn't be putting every waking hour into it and nor should he.

Arbboy you were asked for your professional opinion privately,you should have given that opinion privately to those who asked for it,to come on here and invade the mans thread trying to make him look stupid,dishonest and in general questioning his integrity and motives was well out of line.

And i'm not in the clique either,just wanted to help bring some balance to the thread,seeing as you strived so hard for it but failed.

Couldn't agree more, good post.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 16, 2010, 09:18:21 PM »

Seriously guys Arbboy makes some correct points. They are just made in the wrong tone.

It isnt possible to have a Betfair account that trades games into all green pre game and doesnt pay the Premium Charge, most of my trading business is done on there and the 20% is unavoidable if you are successful. As Arbboy states, you can only have a very successful Betfair account that doesnt pay the Premium charge if you have clear posistions that create commision over the long haul of many winners and many losers.

Given that is the case I think there is a question that the investors should be asking but I havent seen on this thread. What events, if any does Blatch trade using the bankroll he has accumulated for the football syndicate for his own beneift?

I know of a couple of people who have set up syndicates on other sports and been successful as Blatch is, their aim was to trade for the investors at a profit on the sport and use the bankroll available from the syndicate to trade many other events for themselves.

This scenario is the only one I can think of that would host the funds of a profitable pre game price trader that has the record that Blatch has yet not pay Premium charge. If Blatch was using the fund to trade events for himself then he would genrerate a level of commision on the account through a set of winnign and losing that would leave that account paying no Premium charge.

The amount of cash avialable for trading football matches would show a decent % return for a trader/gambler to make good money from and provide a good return for the investors as Blatch is doing. It needs to be asked if that is what is happening, it might be that the invetsors are happy if that is happening as long as they keep getting the benefit of Blatch's football trading too.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 10:43:36 PM by bobby1 » Logged

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 16, 2010, 09:44:48 PM »

Seriously guys Arbboy makes some correct points. They are just made in the wrong tone.

It isnt possible to have a Betfair account that trades games into all green pre game and doesnt pay the Premium Charge, most of my trading business is done on there and the 20% is unavoidable if you are successful. As Arbboy states, you can only have a very successful Betfair account that doesnt pay the Premium charge if you have clear posistions that create commision over the long haul of many winners and many losers.

Given that is the case I think there is a question that the investors should be asking but I havent seen on this thread. What events, if any does Blatch trade using the bankroll he has accumulated for the football syndicate for his own beneift?

I know of a couple of people who have set up syndicates on other sports and been successful as Blatch is, there aim was to trade for the invetors at a profit on the sport and use the bankroll available from the syndicate to trade many other events for themselves.

This scenario is the only one I can think of that would host the funds of a profitable pre game price trader that has the record that Blatch has yet not pay Premium charge. If Blatch was using the fund to trade events for himself then he would genrerate a level of commision on the account through a set of winnign and losing that would leave that account paying no Premium charge.

The amount of cash avialable for trading football matches would show a decent % return for a trader/gambler to make good money from and provide a good return for the investors as Blatch is doing. It needs to be asked if that is what is happening, it might be that the invetsors are happy if that is happening as long as they keep getting the benefit of Blatch's football trading too.

The whole thing is nearly done. Why would anyone ask questions now many many months after the start ? I don't think it needs to be asked if he is using the money for other stuff. If he was why would he open a specific account to use for the purpose with the offer that investors can get live access at DTD or screenshots ? Was anyone really stupid enough to invest before being happy to to including asking any questions they thought prudent beforehand ?

Commission rates can make a difference sure but it was clear at the outset it was a brand new account.

It's been a while since i saw a troll have so much effect.

Sandy
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 16, 2010, 09:56:00 PM »

I know of a couple of people who have set up syndicates on other sports and been successful as Blatch is, there aim was to trade for the invetors at a profit on the sport and use the bankroll available from the syndicate to trade many other events for themselves.

The whole thing is nearly done. Why would anyone ask questions now many many months after the start ? I don't think it needs to be asked if he is using the money for other stuff. If he was why would he open a specific account to use for the purpose with the offer that investors can get live access at DTD or screenshots ? Was anyone really stupid enough to invest before being happy to to including asking any questions they thought prudent beforehand ?

Commission rates can make a difference sure but it was clear at the outset it was a brand new account.

Sandy

hi Sandy, you make some good points but the level of reply to some of Arbboy's sensible posts show that not everyone has a full working knowledge of how a BF account with a lot of cash in  works regarding charges and commision. As for opening a new account to trade the games that would have to be done too, there would be no need for Blatch to give access to his current personal BF account. That wouldnt be fair to him unless he used it as proof that his record was as good as he said and his record running the syndicate shows that he does have a good knowledege of the markets and can trade the correct way in a high % of games.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 16, 2010, 10:12:24 PM »

Sandy

hi Sandy, you make some good points but the level of reply to some of Arbboy's sensible posts show that not everyone has a full working knowledge of how a BF account with a lot of cash in  works regarding charges and commision.

As for opening a new account to trade the games that would have to be done too, there would be no need for Blatch to give access to his current personal BF account.

That wouldnt be fair to him unless he used it as proof that his record was as good as he said and his record running the syndicate shows that he does have a good knowledege of the markets and can trade the correct way in a high % of games.

Bobby,

1st part :- It is for investors to seek this knowledge. Blatch posted this on the betting and sports board and i think it's fair to assume any investor has at least minimal knowledge of betfair, access to betfair or doesn't really care.

2nd Part :- It was done. New account was opened at least i read that in this thread. As for history, i don't think Blatch went for a hard sell and since no personal profit was sought so it was up to investors to establish any risk and act accordingly and imo not for Blatch to prove anything.

To get so much grief when he has made money for most (everyone ?) is insane. I think any charge he might levy next year just went up substantially.

Sandy
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 16, 2010, 10:18:01 PM »

Ignore the haters

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 16, 2010, 11:01:26 PM »

Sandy

hi Sandy, you make some good points but the level of reply to some of Arbboy's sensible posts show that not everyone has a full working knowledge of how a BF account with a lot of cash in  works regarding charges and commision.

As for opening a new account to trade the games that would have to be done too, there would be no need for Blatch to give access to his current personal BF account.

That wouldnt be fair to him unless he used it as proof that his record was as good as he said and his record running the syndicate shows that he does have a good knowledege of the markets and can trade the correct way in a high % of games.

Bobby,

1st part :- It is for investors to seek this knowledge. Blatch posted this on the betting and sports board and i think it's fair to assume any investor has at least minimal knowledge of betfair, access to betfair or doesn't really care.

2nd Part :- It was done. New account was opened at least i read that in this thread. As for history, i don't think Blatch went for a hard sell and since no personal profit was sought so it was up to investors to establish any risk and act accordingly and imo not for Blatch to prove anything.

To get so much grief when he has made money for most (everyone ?) is insane. I think any charge he might levy next year just went up substantially.

Sandy

hi Sandy,

there is a chance that significant profit could be made  by using the fund to trade markets other than the footy games, I don't kow if that is the case but I dont think its an unfair question to ask given the account doesnt pay the Premium charge.

Point two, i agree with you again about the grief, it is unfair that a guy that can get results over a period of time gets stick but its in everyones best interests to know exactly how the fund is being used, if it is at all to benefit the trader.

If it is and the invetsors dont mind then it isnt a problem at all. I am sure if Batch is using the fund on other sports he is sensible enough to trade it carefully and without much exposure. I don't think for one minute anyones investment is at risk but if there is more to the fund it is in the possibilty that the trader has set up a syndicate and could use the funds to trade any other sports yet still deliver the amounts on football that his investors are very happy with and Blatch has certainly done that.

But that again leads to the Betfair account turning over those amounts and making a good profit not paying Premium charges, it cannot be done without paying these charges so I am simply looking for a way that could happen and trading the other events with the funds seems the most logical thing

stribling

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 17, 2010, 12:16:28 AM »

Most people know on here that I trade on betfair for my main income now and Boldie's horse staking thing gave me an idea.  Towards the end of last football season I was trying something new on betfair that seemed  to work well and I would like to give it a proper go.

It is very different to what I normally do on betfair so I want to keep it completely seperate from my main account and im wanting people on here to buy a part of the staking fund for this.  I wont charge anything for this as I will gain the knowledge and experience of the market movements which will help me in other areas.  Obviously there are going to be some risks invovled however I would say that it should be virtually impossible for people to lose there investment fully. 

What I want to do is trade the prices of the football games that are being shown live on TV.  The movemenst can be huge and it is very possible to lock in a good profit before the match starts.  I dont want to go into it too much as I dont want others doing what I will be doing and taking any edge away.  I will trade the prices before the match and at Kick Off I will even up the profit, or the loss, so that we win or lose the exact same amount of each of the results.  This way there wont be any huge wins or any huge losses.  I am looking to do this for one football season and then split the profits at the end of the season and then maybe start again.

The good thing about this is that people can invest anything they want from £10 to £10k as I will trade with the whole balance each time and people will simply own a percentage of the bank.  I.e. If 3 people invest £100 and 1 person invests £200 then at the end of the season 3 will get 20% of the bank each and the £200 investor would get 40%.

Payments have to be made via cash or bank transfers as the exchange rates on poker transfers would lower investments and be hassle for me.

I will try to update this thread with our posistion on every game that I trade on.  One thing I wont do is give out the password to the account to anyone, however I will gladly send screenshots to anyone and also open up the account to anyone at DTD for anyone to have a look out.  I feel if I give the password out to people then they can go in any chnage things etc and it could lead to issues.

If anyone has questions then please feel free to fire away and ill try to answer anything I can.

Also if anyone would like to stay anonymous in this then please just PM me and ill try to keep it quiet.

Investments so far: £3,250
Some one point out in the last 50 pages of this slowly becoming poor thread that Blatch doesn't explain that makes any of the previous 12 pages 1. worth reading and 2. not pointless....

You have to Risk it for the biscuit!!!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 17, 2010, 09:50:51 AM »

ok I have removed everything after this post.

Apologies to those who made good points such as bobby1, but I ain't got the time to split stuff out individually.

No apologies to everyone else who ignored my previous post above and resorted to name calling, flaming, abuse and the rest..from all sides

(EDIT:  I'VE RECOVERED SOME OF THE 'CONSTRUCTIVE' POSTS THAT WERE MOVED WITH THE FLAMING/TROLLING POSTS)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 10:02:53 AM by kinboshi » Logged

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 17, 2010, 10:38:35 AM »

Sandy

Bobby,

Sandy

hi Sandy,

there is a chance that significant profit could be made  by using the fund to trade markets other than the footy games, I don't kow if that is the case but I dont think its an unfair question to ask given the account doesnt pay the Premium charge.

Point two, i agree with you again about the grief, it is unfair that a guy that can get results over a period of time gets stick but its in everyones best interests to know exactly how the fund is being used, if it is at all to benefit the trader.

If it is and the invetsors dont mind then it isnt a problem at all. I am sure if Batch is using the fund on other sports he is sensible enough to trade it carefully and without much exposure. I don't think for one minute anyones investment is at risk but if there is more to the fund it is in the possibilty that the trader has set up a syndicate and could use the funds to trade any other sports yet still deliver the amounts on football that his investors are very happy with and Blatch has certainly done that.

But that again leads to the Betfair account turning over those amounts and making a good profit not paying Premium charges, it cannot be done without paying these charges so I am simply looking for a way that could happen and trading the other events with the funds seems the most logical thing

Hi Bobby,

Blatch said in the opening post"It is very different to what I normally do on betfair so I want to keep it completely seperate from my main account and im wanting people on here to buy a part of the staking fund for this.  I wont charge anything for this as I will gain the knowledge and experience of the market movements which will help me in other areas.  Obviously there are going to be some risks invovled however I would say that it should be virtually impossible for people to lose there investment fully. 

What I want to do is trade the prices of the football games that are being shown live on TV.  The movemenst can be huge and it is very possible to lock in a good profit before the match starts.  I dont want to go into it too much as I dont want others doing what I will be doing and taking any edge away.  I will trade the prices before the match and at Kick Off I will even up the profit, or the loss, so that we win or lose the exact same amount of each of the results.  This way there wont be any huge wins or any huge losses.  I am looking to do this for one football season and then split the profits at the end of the season and then maybe start again."

I don't think the fact something else could be happening is relevant. There is no allegation that i can see that it is happening and even if it were that any losses have been attributed to it. Let us not forget that any investor can ask Blatch at DTD for access to the account. It appears that he is there often enough that it really is a non issue. Did Blatch say the account doesn't pay premium charge now ? I would expect it does/will but i'd also expect an investor to think likewise.

Sandy
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 17, 2010, 10:50:36 AM »

Sandy

Bobby,

Sandy

hi Sandy,

Hi Bobby,

Blatch said in the opening post"It is very different to what I normally do on betfair so I want to keep it completely seperate from my main account and im wanting people on here to buy a part of the staking fund for this.  I wont charge anything for this as I will gain the knowledge and experience of the market movements which will help me in other areas.  Obviously there are going to be some risks invovled however I would say that it should be virtually impossible for people to lose there investment fully. 

What I want to do is trade the prices of the football games that are being shown live on TV.  The movemenst can be huge and it is very possible to lock in a good profit before the match starts.  I dont want to go into it too much as I dont want others doing what I will be doing and taking any edge away.  I will trade the prices before the match and at Kick Off I will even up the profit, or the loss, so that we win or lose the exact same amount of each of the results.  This way there wont be any huge wins or any huge losses.  I am looking to do this for one football season and then split the profits at the end of the season and then maybe start again."

I don't think the fact something else could be happening is relevant. There is no allegation that i can see that it is happening and even if it were that any losses have been attributed to it. Let us not forget that any investor can ask Blatch at DTD for access to the account. It appears that he is there often enough that it really is a non issue. Did Blatch say the account doesn't pay premium charge now ? I would expect it does/will but i'd also expect an investor to think likewise.

Sandy

'I don't think the fact something else could be happening is relevant'

What drugs are you taking Sandy? That is perhaps the most stupid thing I've ever read on blonde.

For the record I've no doubt Blatch isn't doing and hasn't done anything outside of the stake with the money. I've also no doubt it's in a separate account within which he's done none of his own trades.

However, it might be easiest, certainly for Blatch is he gives his password to someone both trusted on blonde and a member of the stake...my suggestions would be Kinboshi or Skolsuper to verify this and we could say goodbye to arrboy once and for all.

The ONE small gripe I would have if any, as Blatch has done an overall great job on this is that he's not been as responsive as I would have liked or would have been myself if in his shoes.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 17, 2010, 11:06:38 AM »

So he could have withdrawn the cash then obtained the actual cash from the bank and be sitting in his garden burning each note one at a time. In your opinion this is relevant ? If something is possible it's hardly relevant if there is no basis or substance to it.

Why does Blatch need to respond ? He has offered access to the account from the start to his investors. He has explained what he is doing. The questions were raised by a new id to the forum who isn't an investor and in almost all forums would be known as a troll albeit more successful than most.

If an investor has a question then ask Blatch. Even Fergus et al didn't get this much hassle.

Sandy
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 17, 2010, 11:27:10 AM »

I have to say, having read all the drivel and trolling that arrboy produced Im inclined to agree with Cos on this. I have tried to post as little as possible on this thread as I am not involved in the stake.

However that also gives me an outsiders view to all this too, which I think can be helpful.

If I was in Blatchs' shoes, id be pretty pissed off that during the good times, all he had was whooping and hollering, and then he loses a few games and for some reason there is doubt. I mean his system seemed pretty solid (pun intended), but it strikes me that at the end of a season the markets might behave slightly differently (for a myriad of reasons). It also strikes me that the world cup being what it is, in both attracting more casual punters, and probably therefore greater volume, the markets may also react differently. As for Blatch missing 1 key game, well the focus on that is just a joke, and if any staker is pissed off about it, because a 3rd party chirps up, then go back and look at the first 60 pages of the thread!

It also strikes me that the sums involved caused a little stir. When it was £30-40 a game it was still an experiment, when it was 300-400 it was magic times, when it was 2-3k people could start dreaming. However, people must accept that the swings both up and down are a factor of the bank roll size. Losing 3k, is just a factor of having won so much over the season. The size of the betting and the relevance that then had against peoples lives did also seem to be an catalyst to the interst in the conspiracy.

Back on track, it does strike me that this could be resolved really easily. Blatch just fires up his lappy at dtd, or i think he and george both live nearby, if george is happy he can do it for convenience. Show the account, the trusted person then PM's the stakers - or even better then posts on  the thread (so i know obv). Again I am inclined to agree with Cos re Blatch. He was good enough to stake me, and i found no reason to distrust him at all, but sometimes his urgency and timing wasn't the same as mine. Well that is probably just the way he his. I think if you re-read the OP, the sentiment of the stake is very clear. I guess some people might have expected something to change when the bankroll increased, but i think from the tone of all his posts, blatch sees it as a % return on the bet, not necessarily the gross sum. Im sure many of the backers see the gross sum!

Lets get this sorted and then we can ban arrboy and all get on with the love fest that was the staking thread.

Here is to the upswing returning

(blatch if you disagree with anything ive said im sorry, this is all very much my opinion as viewed from the outside)

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #239 on: June 17, 2010, 11:28:54 AM »

OK, who's hacked Guy's account and posted something sensible with it?  Please return it to its rightful owner.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 147 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: