blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:22:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Discussions about: Staking - Betfair Football Trading
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 ... 147 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Discussions about: Staking - Betfair Football Trading  (Read 508156 times)
jizzemm

BB6 Footy Winners - WALES.

View Profile
« Reply #630 on: June 19, 2010, 03:57:14 AM »

18-Feb-2010 00:00:00         Cancelled      United kingdom   10144253091   101135933   Soccer      Fixtures 18 February  / Liverpool v Unirea Urziceni       Fixtures 18 February / Liverpool v Unirea Urziceni ; Match Odds   Liverpool   Back   GBP      United kingdom      78,000.00      1.28      
18-Feb-2010 00:00:00   18-Feb-2010 20:08:24      Settled      United kingdom   10144281042   101135933   Soccer      Fixtures 18 February  / Liverpool v Unirea Urziceni       Fixtures 18 February / Liverpool v Unirea Urziceni ; Match Odds   Liverpool   Back   GBP      United kingdom      50,524.08      1.27   1.27   13,641.51

These bets were made on the 18th Feb. The total loss from then until the end of the spreadsheet was -21058.68, so I am right in thinking we have around £29,000 not accounted for or am I just tired and confused lol?

I was just doing a bit of quick looking (im so fckd), but you are not far wrong I dont think.. I wish I had not opened this spreadsheet, it makes for very interesting reading.. I would love to have the time to break down every bet P & L for investors (have started for some god knows reason), but it would take ages...

"I want to talk about my hand, what do you mean I cant talk about my hand, right im going to talk about the fact that I cant talk about my hand"...
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #631 on: June 19, 2010, 04:17:18 AM »

I have looked through a fair few of them and, having bet seriously (and, incidentally lost) on football throughout the last season, a lot of the bets/positions beggar belief to be totally honest.  Even the early bets seem to  not to add up totally and towards the end they are purely and simply spinning it up but I dont think it was a case of trying to get anyones moneyback.  For example if you are seriously trying to do anything other than have a punt for yourself why wouldn you have a monkey on a horse to place at odds on which he seemed to do on a number of occasions.  Also a lot of the bets (even the early ones) dont match off fully against each other.  It looks more like trading positions to improve/leverage the average price you have rather than neutralise risk if that makes sense.

The other really obvious thing that stands out are
-the P&L on the account prior to the "sleeping" incident is -17165.
The spreadsheet looks to me to have been doctored.  Betfair send or produce them in date order yet at the top there are some bets from the Aussie Open and also there are no bets at all from November and April.....as I didn't follow this at the time and the thread has been removed I can't double check but NOvember was my busiest month as a football punter.  There are a few other big gaps that don't really make any sense.  To be perfectly honest I would be pretty surprised if this was the spreadsheet as produced by BF.

Will take a look a bit more tomorrow.      

redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #632 on: June 19, 2010, 04:25:19 AM »

I am not following what you are saying with the viilla lay at palace....if that is the backers stake then he would win the lot if they didnt win although there doesn't seem to be any commission on any of this as far as I can see.  In fact I can't see any commission taken into account anywhere on there and that would be a fair amount of money on that turnover

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #633 on: June 19, 2010, 04:50:09 AM »

I am not following what you are saying with the viilla lay at palace....if that is the backers stake then he would win the lot if they didnt win although there doesn't seem to be any commission on any of this as far as I can see.  In fact I can't see any commission taken into account anywhere on there and that would be a fair amount of money on that turnover

Yep you're right, I'm gonna delete the posts to save problems. Apologies, I'm quite tired.

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #634 on: June 19, 2010, 04:55:05 AM »

It looks like Blatch has been rumbled. There are too many bright people like Chris, Stuart and the Shrewdies on here to get away with doctoring a spreadsheet.

I think Neil needs to come on here and say exactly what really happened.

If he punted it away or he used it to swan off on holiday and fund his lifestyle sobeit but he should telll the investors the whole truth, warts and all.

And then he needs to make a detailed plan about how he's going to repay the cash.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Free_Rollin

View Profile
« Reply #635 on: June 19, 2010, 05:16:10 AM »

Wow. I just spent a while going through the thread, as I didn't really follow the original staking thread.

I don't really know Neil a great deal, apart from the fact that I'm one of the people Greekstein mentioned earlier about the poker staking. There has been times when Neil has mentioned he is suffering from cash liquidity at the moment, and I did get quite concerned about this. I mentioned this to Greekstein at DTD, but we agreed it was simply because his money was tied up due to his flat or whatever (I'm not confirming this, simply saying what I've been told). Due to this, I'm currently owed some money as well. I have been asking Neil for it, and he said he would get it to me soon, but it's been a while and not heard since.

I don't really want to say too much on the matter, since firstly, I'm not involved in the stake, and secondly, we're all unclear what has exactly happened to the money. The money may well have been lost due to oversleeping during the liverpool stoke game, but someone (I think Ismene) mentioned, that a profit was actually made on this game? Regardless of what has happened to the money or how it was lost, it's pretty clear, that it's not good news to his investors. Truly feel for you guys.

I'm obviously disappointed that Neil hasn't been upfront with me about his situation, as it has caused some inconvenience to me. I still regard Neil has a mate, and even though I may be hoping for way too much, I hope somehow a resolution can be found.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 05:17:44 AM by Free_Rollin » Logged
Free_Rollin

View Profile
« Reply #636 on: June 19, 2010, 05:31:38 AM »

Also, just a note to Tighty and other mods:

While I appreciate your job is difficult and you have to keep everything in moderation, can you try to ensure important information is not deleted from the thread? Obviously, swearing and other abuse needs to get moderated, but there may be things that get deleted which are important to other people, who may not be involved in the staking, such as myself. I know in the past you have sent information via pm for example, to only parties which you may seem relevant, but this might not be as clear as it seems.

Thanks though guys, you do a great job.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #637 on: June 19, 2010, 05:58:45 AM »

February 13th

Blatch backs Man City vs Stoke getting £24567.11 matched @ 1.53 which loses later that day.

Half an hour after he makes that bet he manages to back Villa @ 1.88 vs Crystal Palace, getting £29237.71 matched on them. He them tries to lay off £3k of Villa but can only match about £800 at the same original price.

He then does manage to lay off exactly £3k a little late that day, before backing Man City for another £5,247.30 putting almost £30k on them which he never attempts to lay off

He manages to lay £23k of his Villa bet retrieving most of it, but £29,814.41 goes when City don't beat Stoke.

I don't believe Blatch forgot about this first bet because he goes back to put more on City - not to lay!

So the question is, why didn't Blatch lay off the City bet?

That on top of the apparent missing money given that only £21k (or is it £53k?) is lost in bets after the Feb 18th date where Blatch had about £50k of £78k matched on the Liverpool game.

Then there is the two very dodgy bets made on the Tennis (backing both players at 1.1 for £3k) and then the Pakistan vs SA cricket where he lays the unders on 100 runs for both 1.03 and 999 and about £8k gets 'lost'.

That's even before getting onto the non-football bets or days such as the 4th Feb where Blatch managed to lose £11k betting on horses. Or occasional bus driver bets like this:

02-Feb-2010 19:14:11      Settled      United kingdom   10011055598   101092396   Soccer      Fixtures 02 February  / Hull v Chelsea      Fixtures 02 February / Hull v Chelsea; Match Odds   Chelsea   Back   GBP      United kingdom      8,800.00      1.27   1.27   -8,800.00

But some come in:

01-Feb-2010 17:24:46      Settled      United kingdom   10004120322   101092167   Soccer      Fixtures 01 February  / Sunderland v Stoke      Fixtures 01 February / Sunderland v Stoke; Match Odds   Stoke   Lay   GBP      United kingdom      2,200.00      4.00   4.00   2,200.00

I'm going to bed now but I would advise all people who invested to have look at the spreadsheet for themselves to understand the magnitude of what's gone on.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 06:02:54 AM by NoflopsHomer » Logged

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #638 on: June 19, 2010, 06:00:35 AM »

I don't really want to say too much on the matter, since firstly, I'm not involved in the stake, and secondly, we're all unclear what has exactly happened to the money. The money may well have been lost due to oversleeping during the liverpool stoke game.

There's just no way this is the case.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #639 on: June 19, 2010, 06:19:04 AM »

23-Jan-2010 00:00:00         Cancelled      United kingdom   9931317087   101069685   Soccer      Fixtures 23 January   / Preston v Chelsea      Fixtures 23 January / Preston v Chelsea; Match Odds   Chelsea   Lay   GBP      United kingdom      153,561.85      1.28      

Since we don't know the state of the account, this is the highest amount attempted to be traded in a single go that I've spotted in the figures. From the 23rd of Jan (when this bet was cancelled) until the end of the accounts -£45848.08 was lost which could mean that over £100k could be unaccounted for.

sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #640 on: June 19, 2010, 07:02:55 AM »

This is unreal, I really hope people can get to the bottom of this it is sounding more and more sinister

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #641 on: June 19, 2010, 07:58:01 AM »

While I appreciate your job is difficult and you have to keep everything in moderation, can you try to ensure important information is not deleted from the thread? Obviously, swearing and other abuse needs to get moderated, but there may be things that get deleted which are important to other people, who may not be involved in the staking, such as myself. I know in the past you have sent information via pm for example, to only parties which you may seem relevant, but this might not be as clear as it seems.

Believe me, any swearing by those who have been grimmed will go unpunished by me.

I'd prefer it if blatch came completely clean now, and just confess to what actually happened.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Hairydude

View Profile
« Reply #642 on: June 19, 2010, 08:10:15 AM »

Believe me, any swearing by those who have been grimmed will go unpunished by me.

I'd prefer it if blatch came completely clean now, and just confess to what actually happened.

But would you believe any excuse he comes up with other than he stole it....if he told investors yeah sorry guys I blew the lot on hookers n blow; I'd still doubt that a lot of the money isn't sitting in an account somewhere of his given the continual lies

Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #643 on: June 19, 2010, 08:31:22 AM »

I know one thing I would love to have as many friends as loyal and caring for me as some of Blatch's friends have been towards him on here. George and Greek in particular have shone with their attitude towards him but its time to cut him loose in my opinion guys, he has let you all down very badly indeed.

I havent seen the spreadsheet but it doesnt sound like its worth much apart from giving us a chance to piece a little bit of what has happened together but in truth we all know that the crime is pre meditated as shown by asking fior investors when it is known that there is no real fund other than a machismo fuelled addicts need to dig himself out of trouble but still appear on the surface to be the poker playing, pro gambling, jet setting playaaa. It is certainly no'sleep over mistake'

What needs to be ascertained is what level this fraud has reached, if it is a case of self matching markets on Betfair with the funds then punted on other markets to fuel the gambling need then that is theft. Worse, it is self matching on markets with the aim of taking the money out of the second account to live the high life and gamble at will via poker or the spinner then thats theft. What price the fund money has been used to buy the house Blatch was telling people about, what price it is pugged away somewhere to be spent at a later date with the excuse that ' i lost it but hey everyone knew the risk' Whichever way it is theft.

Now it might be hard for someone to do but this has to be reported to the police, this guy is not a friend of anyone now no matter how many good times you might have had together in the past. It is past that now, he didnt care a jot what happened to you when he was stealing this money so please don't feel attached to him now. Please report this.

I hope the worst that has happened is he has pugged it away somewhere coz then it might be retrievable but it seems highly likely it is gone either through gambling or spending. Let the police find out.

One of the saddest things Ive read on here was someone usually full of bravado and fun saying how devastated he is to have to tell his dad his mate has taken all the money he advised him to put in the fund, yet still feel the need to put himself in the firing line for his friend. The guy isnt worth it.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 08:33:52 AM by bobby1 » Logged

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #644 on: June 19, 2010, 09:11:53 AM »

I really wanted to PM everyone before it came public but due to the 15 pm per hour this wasnt possible.

I wont post my PM here but I will try to answer questions and not hide from this anymore.

The problems started with the Stoke vs Liverpool game.  I placed the first part of the trade Friday night and didnt wake up in time, whether I slept through my alarm or didnt set it right I dont know but when I woke up Liverpool were 1 up.  I had to decide whether to let it ride or trade out and save around 15-20% of the fund.  I then got a bit back and and tried to keep going and then it happened again in a Man City vs Stoke game.  I was away at a poker comp with 2 friends and placed a trade before and was late for the start of the comp and started playing the comp and totally forgot about the game kicking off later.

I have emailed betfair to get a full account hisory for anyone to see.

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 ... 147 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: