blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:36:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Discussions about: Staking - Betfair Football Trading
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 ... 147 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Discussions about: Staking - Betfair Football Trading  (Read 505819 times)
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #690 on: June 19, 2010, 12:58:19 PM »

wow have missed this

can someone either post or pm me some east to comprehend cliff notes as to what has happened got to page 20 and have got cramp due to bad sitting position
a.sparrow

View Profile
« Reply #691 on: June 19, 2010, 12:58:26 PM »

Is there no way that the original thread can be put up 'read only'?

be interesting to see how the trades match up to what he said was happening.

also i'm sorry to mention this but it has to be said. there was massive ramping/hyping of this scheme in that thread. I was guilty of it myself. but it seems some of the biggest hypers were getting money from blatch to play poker. i think it's prob 99% that they didn't know what was happening but 2 days ago i would have said it was 99% that this was all OK.

blatch was being made out to be some uber baller type person yet drives a fiesta? what reg at least tell me it's a pretty new one and not some old X reg piece of crap? who's been round his house? was it filled up with nice stuff?

WTF's been going on here guys?

What you're incinuating is extremely offensive to me and all the others Blatch bought pieces from or staked. I invested my Vegas fund in this and even persuaded my dad to invest £5k, yet you assign a 1% to the fact that any of the stakees bigged Blatch up falsely so that we could be put into the monthly £300 at DTD?

What a ridiculously stupid statement and one that has kinda upset me a lot. I know the other guys in the stable and can say there's no chance that anyone knew the truth about blatch. He was so obsessed about showing everyone he was the man and how much money he had that not only would he make everyone else believe it, i think in a sick way he started to believe it too.

The reason why we bigged him up is because he was a friend and when someone is a friend you tend to trust the things they say. He'd told us all about his flat being bought (needing £185k cash as he couldnt get a mortgage). Even the times when I occasionally thought 'hmm why is he so cash short' I was just led to believe that he literally kept as much of his own money as possible in BF and with a stable that was obviously going to need a lot of outlay at certain times i got my head around him being strapped until cashouts came through.

When I got kicked out of uni for basically abandoning my studies it was the hardest few months of my life coming and living back at home, with extremely strained relationships with my parents. I've since got myself a job and been working solidly over the last few years and have built my relationships back up to where they were before I left. I love my family more than anything else in the world and I haven't even been able to tell my dad yet.

I feel for you big time mate! When i first read the pm after the initial shock my next thought was what am i guna tell my dad?  Not because he had anything invested (he didn't) but because he told me i was stupid sending money to Blatch and that 'if somethings to good to be true then it usually is'.    Also in the recent weeks whilst i've been waiting for my money as i chased out pre worldcup i have been getting banter from my dad and other people on site (hes a builder and i worked about for him recently) that my money was gone and i'l never get it back; i was so cocky and just kept saying don't worry i'l get it back, its legit and there are alot of people invested, alot of big uk poker players etc and he has a good rep.  Coming out with the truth to him was hard for me, and i nearly didn't tell him cos i knew i would get a rub down like you will learn etc.  

But having said that it pails into comparisson what you have to do and it actually makes me feel really bad just thinking about your situation now, i wish you well sir.
Hairydude

View Profile
« Reply #692 on: June 19, 2010, 12:58:37 PM »

Really sorry to hear about family situation greekie; makes me feel sick in pit of my stomach

Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #693 on: June 19, 2010, 01:00:46 PM »

Ok so the next steps:

- The situation has been reported by a member of the stake to a police fraud department.

- Someone needs to actually go to a police station and report this.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
mouth

View Profile
« Reply #694 on: June 19, 2010, 01:01:16 PM »

Started reading this last night but fell asleep: luckily without the catastrophic results of Neil's naps.

Neil is obviously a very sick man (and not in the way the word "sick" is used on here), but it's my opinion that he doesn't realise that, and probably never will. He is paying lip service by throwing in lines about "getting in touch with the right organisations out there" for help - he won't be doing that voluntarily. He is simply gutted he's been caught.

Ultimately the man has committed a crime - he has defrauded many of you out of large and small sums of money. Whether he has that money or not is irrellevant when making the decision to get the police involved - he needs to be made to face up to his crime. Don't think that because you might not get your money back it's not worth reporting it:this is fraud and needs dealing with by people other than forum members.

George2 loose - I realise this next point may question your integrity but I'm assuming you'll be able to put me straight.

I staked you privately in the May GUKPT. I don't know you but met you once at DTD. My reason for staking was seeing on Facebook a status by you that said you had been grimmed and it looked like Vegas was off. Your wife made a comment about if you can't trust your friends.. I didn't know what had happened and didn't ask you but PMd you on here to take a stake. My reasoning was I had some spare cash, you'd been ripped off and as I do stake quite regularly in small amounts I was happy to stake you to hopefully help you recoup some cash for your Vegas trip.

So I want to ask - were you grimmed by someone else amonth before this thread came to light or did you already know Neil was in trouble. If it was someone else, then obviously I apologise for questioning you, it just seems a coincidence.

To everyone else - don't kid yourself that 99% of poker players all act with integrity - that's bullshit. A game like this attracts conmen, bullshit artistes and worse, and you all know it. Most conmen are the most plausible and likeable people - that's how they rip you off.

Don't tell her to turn down, put on your shades if you can't see
Don't tell her to turn down, turn up the flame.

http://gobshiteonlegs.blogspot.com/
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #695 on: June 19, 2010, 01:04:09 PM »

Started reading this last night but fell asleep: luckily without the catastrophic results of Neil's naps.

Neil is obviously a very sick man (and not in the way the word "sick" is used on here), but it's my opinion that he doesn't realise that, and probably never will. He is paying lip service by throwing in lines about "getting in touch with the right organisations out there" for help - he won't be doing that voluntarily. He is simply gutted he's been caught.

Ultimately the man has committed a crime - he has defrauded many of you out of large and small sums of money. Whether he has that money or not is irrellevant when making the decision to get the police involved - he needs to be made to face up to his crime. Don't think that because you might not get your money back it's not worth reporting it:this is fraud and needs dealing with by people other than forum members.

George2 loose - I realise this next point may question your integrity but I'm assuming you'll be able to put me straight.

I staked you privately in the May GUKPT. I don't know you but met you once at DTD. My reason for staking was seeing on Facebook a status by you that said you had been grimmed and it looked like Vegas was off. Your wife made a comment about if you can't trust your friends.. I didn't know what had happened and didn't ask you but PMd you on here to take a stake. My reasoning was I had some spare cash, you'd been ripped off and as I do stake quite regularly in small amounts I was happy to stake you to hopefully help you recoup some cash for your Vegas trip.

So I want to ask - were you grimmed by someone else amonth before this thread came to light or did you already know Neil was in trouble. If it was someone else, then obviously I apologise for questioning you, it just seems a coincidence.

To everyone else - don't kid yourself that 99% of poker players all act with integrity - that's bullshit. A game like this attracts conmen, bullshit artistes and worse, and you all know it. Most conmen are the most plausible and likeable people - that's how they rip you off.

This was someone else who ripped both George and Blatch off.

Every time one of the three of them won a comp they would put a small % in a joint bank as a joint vegas fund. However, the third member knocked this in at the bookies. Around £6k iirc.

Again, Neil's disgusted reaction at when this had happened to him was another factor to making me believe everything was still in order here.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Steveswift

View Profile
« Reply #696 on: June 19, 2010, 01:08:11 PM »

wow, this is some read, gl to all in getting something back.
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #697 on: June 19, 2010, 01:08:48 PM »

also i'm sorry to mention this but it has to be said. there was massive ramping/hyping of this scheme in that thread. I was guilty of it myself. but it seems some of the biggest hypers were getting money from blatch to play poker. i think it's prob 99% that they didn't know what was happening but 2 days ago i would have said it was 99% that this was all OK.

blatch was being made out to be some uber baller type person yet drives a fiesta? what reg at least tell me it's a pretty new one and not some old X reg piece of crap? who's been round his house? was it filled up with nice stuff?

What you're incinuating is extremely offensive to me and all the others Blatch bought pieces from or staked. I invested my Vegas fund in this and even persuaded my dad to invest £5k, yet you assign a 1% to the fact that any of the stakees bigged Blatch up falsely so that we could be put into the monthly £300 at DTD?

What a ridiculously stupid statement and one that has kinda upset me a lot. I know the other guys in the stable and can say there's no chance that anyone knew the truth about blatch. He was so obsessed about showing everyone he was the man and how much money he had that not only would he make everyone else believe it, i think in a sick way he started to believe it too.

The reason why we bigged him up is because he was a friend and when someone is a friend you tend to trust the things they say. He'd told us all about his flat being bought (needing £185k cash as he couldnt get a mortgage). Even the times when I occasionally thought 'hmm why is he so cash short' I was just led to believe that he literally kept as much of his own money as possible in BF and with a stable that was obviously going to need a lot of outlay at certain times i got my head around him being strapped until cashouts came through.

When I got kicked out of uni for basically abandoning my studies it was the hardest few months of my life coming and living back at home, with extremely strained relationships with my parents. I've since got myself a job and been working solidly over the last few years and have built my relationships back up to where they were before I left. I love my family more than anything else in the world and I haven't even been able to tell my dad yet.

yes sob sob boo hoo. who was in blatch's stable? how long have you been friend's? why did you think that someone with an X reg fiesta was a baller betfair trader, so much so that you were talking about selling a kidney to get involved in the scam?

i think the likelyhood is that you were conned like all of us, nasty biz if you got your dad involved but i'm sure he'll realise in time it's nobody's fault but his own.

what i'm trying to get at is this. if somebody goes bankrupt they find out where the money went and if you have been stashing money to your family/mates etc the court will take that money back. does this happen in criminal cases? will blatch be made bankrupt? i don't know, but it's interesting stuff and something to talk about on a saturday afternoon. you may find that the court comes after you for money. just putting it out there for discussion.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #698 on: June 19, 2010, 01:09:55 PM »

Also, I really think we need to get moving with the police stuff as soon as possible. Blatch's stable certainly never cost a ridiculous amount of money and with the knowledge that he's syphoned money off through betfair (big thanks to everyone who looked into this and has been helping) we really need to decipher if there is any money elsewhere.

When he confessed to me he said all he had was his car but honestly, since I now can't believe a word he's ever said to me we need to find out properly

@GreekStein on twitter.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #699 on: June 19, 2010, 01:13:27 PM »

yes sob sob boo hoo. who was in blatch's stable? how long have you been friend's? why did you think that someone with an X reg fiesta was a baller betfair trader, so much so that you were talking about selling a kidney to get involved in the scam?

i think the likelyhood is that you were conned like all of us, nasty biz if you got your dad involved but i'm sure he'll realise in time it's nobody's fault but his own.

what i'm trying to get at is this. if somebody goes bankrupt they find out where the money went and if you have been stashing money to your family/mates etc the court will take that money back. does this happen in criminal cases? will blatch be made bankrupt? i don't know, but it's interesting stuff and something to talk about on a saturday afternoon. you may find that the court comes after you for money. just putting it out there for discussion.

1) Why are you being such a prick with the 'sob sob boo hoo' stuff? I just said exactly like it is. I don't want sympathy off anyone, I'm just doing what I think is best.

2) It's definitely a possibility that money has been siphoned off elsewhere. This is why we need to get moving with the police stuff.

@GreekStein on twitter.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #700 on: June 19, 2010, 01:17:00 PM »

You are so bang out of order here its unreal,why be such an arsehole ??
Skgv

View Profile
« Reply #701 on: June 19, 2010, 01:18:04 PM »

The bottom paragragh of this guys post is so spot on in my 15 years in the game.........
Div

View Profile WWW
« Reply #702 on: June 19, 2010, 01:18:28 PM »

Also, I really think we need to get moving with the police stuff as soon as possible. Blatch's stable certainly never cost a ridiculous amount of money and with the knowledge that he's syphoned money off through betfair (big thanks to everyone who looked into this and has been helping) we really need to decipher if there is any money elsewhere

Your best way of getting moving with the police is probably via Betfair. They will have contacts in the police who actually understand the mechanics of this and will have seen similar before.

If you turn up at your local station and try to explain this to the desk sergeant there's a chance they'll tell you it's a civil matter. There's a lot of detail in this for your average copper to get their head round!

'Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.'
- Warren Buffett

http://pokerdiv.blogspot.com
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #703 on: June 19, 2010, 01:18:38 PM »

I really can't believe what has gone on here it really defies belief. I don't know Blatch well at all, I've only met him once in Vegas last year when I was having lunch with Sunny Chattha @ Caesars during a comp. Sunny was under the impression he  was 'getting the lot' on Betfair too so that was my only knowledge of him before investing.

I initially put £1k into it and after seeing a few months good results, topped it up with another 1500. Around mid February I needed to get my money back so pm'd Blatch and he said it would take a couple weeks and I would have it. He pm'd me a week or so later to say he'd got the cheque etc. I don't use Betfair other than for NFL bets and the odd Footy one, so he could have said it took a month and I'd be none the wiser.

My investment had made '360 profit' which whilst not seeming a lot given some of the potential returns being bandied about, there had been a few losing trades and I again just took him for his word. I actually spoke to a couple friends and said that if he was creaming from it then our fault for giving him money. I never actually thought this was going to be the case.

If it transpires that he never actually traded the account as was the intention but as it appears was using the fund to live like a 'balla'. I'll send the £300 to whoever so that it can be given to whoever is first on the list or divided prpportionately. I know it's fuck all in the scheme of things but obviously I shouldn't have it.

As for Miami costing £600 for 3 weeks or whatever it is, I spend £600 at home in 3 weeks if I don't go out on the piss so there's abs no fucking shot this is true. I think in reallity Blatch has been playing Phil Ivey on everyone's dime and Champagne lifestyle on Hofmeister salary always catches up. I'm just so sorry that it's been everyone here that is going to suffer for it. I don't know a lot of the people involved personally but again am very sorry and hope some reparations are made at some point.

Linux
lol pwnd

I am dexter in disguise...

View Profile
« Reply #704 on: June 19, 2010, 01:19:09 PM »

Is blatch banned? when was the last time anyone had any contact with him?

It seems hes disappeared since its come to light that it probably wasn't an alarm clock error, just a straight up grim

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
we are leeds and we are back.  https://twitter.com/jpmood
 Click to see full-size image.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 ... 147 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: