blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:15:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Discussions about: Staking - Betfair Football Trading
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 ... 147 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Discussions about: Staking - Betfair Football Trading  (Read 505652 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #720 on: June 19, 2010, 01:40:51 PM »

Started reading this last night but fell asleep: luckily without the catastrophic results of Neil's naps.

Neil is obviously a very sick man (and not in the way the word "sick" is used on here), but it's my opinion that he doesn't realise that, and probably never will. He is paying lip service by throwing in lines about "getting in touch with the right organisations out there" for help - he won't be doing that voluntarily. He is simply gutted he's been caught.

Ultimately the man has committed a crime - he has defrauded many of you out of large and small sums of money. Whether he has that money or not is irrellevant when making the decision to get the police involved - he needs to be made to face up to his crime. Don't think that because you might not get your money back it's not worth reporting it:this is fraud and needs dealing with by people other than forum members.

George2 loose - I realise this next point may question your integrity but I'm assuming you'll be able to put me straight.

I staked you privately in the May GUKPT. I don't know you but met you once at DTD. My reason for staking was seeing on Facebook a status by you that said you had been grimmed and it looked like Vegas was off. Your wife made a comment about if you can't trust your friends.. I didn't know what had happened and didn't ask you but PMd you on here to take a stake. My reasoning was I had some spare cash, you'd been ripped off and as I do stake quite regularly in small amounts I was happy to stake you to hopefully help you recoup some cash for your Vegas trip.

So I want to ask - were you grimmed by someone else amonth before this thread came to light or did you already know Neil was in trouble. If it was someone else, then obviously I apologise for questioning you, it just seems a coincidence.

To everyone else - don't kid yourself that 99% of poker players all act with integrity - that's bullshit. A game like this attracts conmen, bullshit artistes and worse, and you all know it. Most conmen are the most plausible and likeable people - that's how they rip you off.

This was someone else who ripped both George and Blatch off.

Every time one of the three of them won a comp they would put a small % in a joint bank as a joint vegas fund. However, the third member knocked this in at the bookies. Around £6k iirc.

Again, Neil's disgusted reaction at when this had happened to him was another factor to making me believe everything was still in order here.

Same here Cos.

It makes me feel even more sick.

As for thre staking forum, maybe it's a bit early to amke a considered decision about that now.  But I know a lot of people are going to be very reluctant to part with a penny now to stake anyone. 

You think you know someone, and in truth you don't know them at all. Poker attracts its fair share of losers and low-lifes, and maybe we shouldn't be surprised at all.  I've always said that I suspect that the majority of poker players play above their roll.  Some will lie and cheat to get £50 here and there that they never intend to pay back if they can help it.

But this was premeditated, deliberate and hurts a lot more.  He could always get a job acting, he's a bloody convincing liar.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
chezzboy

View Profile
« Reply #721 on: June 19, 2010, 01:43:23 PM »

"Re: Betfair trading.
« Sent to: chezzboy on: March 01, 2010, 05:17:19 PM »
« You have forwarded or responded to this message. »
   Reply with quote Reply Remove this message
Ive found it i think

I have you down as Random number 2 @ 22nd Nov - Does that sound write? For some reason it didnt give me a name on my bank statement, 500??

If so its now worth 614.34"

FFS I should have known at this stage.... Blonde seriously needs a facepalm smiley.
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #722 on: June 19, 2010, 01:43:40 PM »

Why has Ling been banned? She was doing spreadsheet work before most trying to sort out the figures.

Also, guys stop squabbling and lets keep on topic.

Gonna take a guess and say because Rookie is banned.
Murph1984

View Profile
« Reply #723 on: June 19, 2010, 01:43:53 PM »

May I ask when investors/friends of Blatch had posted in the original thread (bring back pls) that they had looked at the account at DTD and everything was ticketyboo and they had seen Blatch trade and Blatch is a good guy etc etc

Did you actually see the account?
What months did you see the account?
Was everything fine and no apparent grimmage?
Or was this an attempt to back your mate up and get people of his back for a while longer?

Wasn't Colchester Kev one of the ones who said he had looked at the account at DTD,I at least remember him always being quite vocal about how impressed he was watching Blatch "do his stuff" at DTD while Kev was doing the live updates.

Where is Colchester Kev btw,are the reasons for his absence known?
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #724 on: June 19, 2010, 01:44:07 PM »

Why has Ling been banned? She was doing spreadsheet work before most trying to sort out the figures.

Was obv Rooks from Lings account but in light of the circumstances and Rooks being nothing but helpful I think the ban was mistimed and shitty. Mods pls unban

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
chezzboy

View Profile
« Reply #725 on: June 19, 2010, 01:46:04 PM »

"(No subject)
« Sent to: chezzboy on: November 22, 2009, 05:55:10 PM »
   Reply with quote Reply Remove this message
72 50 03

Send over what you want and ill let you know when it clears into betfair."

What you want, anything you want lol. Fucking robbing bullshit bastard.
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #726 on: June 19, 2010, 01:46:38 PM »

Was obv Rooks from Lings account but in light of the circumstances and Rooks being nothing but helpful I think the ban was mistimed and shitty. Mods pls unban

^^

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #727 on: June 19, 2010, 01:47:29 PM »

May I ask when investors/friends of Blatch had posted in the original thread (bring back pls) that they had looked at the account at DTD and everything was ticketyboo and they had seen Blatch trade and Blatch is a good guy etc etc

Did you actually see the account?
What months did you see the account?
Was everything fine and no apparent grimmage?
Or was this an attempt to back your mate up and get people of his back for a while longer?

Wasn't Colchester Kev one of the ones who said he had looked at the account at DTD,I at least remember him always being quite vocal about how impressed he was watching Blatch "do his stuff" at DTD while Kev was doing the live updates.

Where is Colchester Kev btw,are the reasons for his absence known?

Reasons for Kev's absence are known and are not at all related to this.

They are personal reasons and won't be disclosed on here.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Murph1984

View Profile
« Reply #728 on: June 19, 2010, 01:49:12 PM »

Gonna take a guess and say because Rookie is banned.

So now 2 of the accounts,this one and arbboy,who know most and can best shed light on things such as the spreadsheet and activity on the betfair account have been banned,I fail to see the logic in that,look at the bigger picture ffs.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #729 on: June 19, 2010, 01:52:54 PM »

Ling's account has been reactivated. 

chezzboy

View Profile
« Reply #730 on: June 19, 2010, 01:54:34 PM »

When is the "Staking - Get Blatch Whacked" thread gonna be started?
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #731 on: June 19, 2010, 01:57:28 PM »

Ling told me she was looking through the spreadsheets with Rookles and he told her to put the joke in to lighten the mood a bit, that might have been a bit silly, I would ask for an unban because they're being very helpful at this moment with what's going on and every pair of hands is needed at this time and everyone needs to work together.

Ahh, thanks Kin. Smiley
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 01:59:12 PM by NoflopsHomer » Logged

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #732 on: June 19, 2010, 01:57:47 PM »

Thanks Cos for putting me straight. Don't really know George so felt it was a fair question to ask. Unfortunately all of Blatch's closest poker buddies will now find themselves under the spotlight as people will assume they all knew about his scam. Cliches about lying down with dogs and all that.

I'm genuinely sorry for anyone who has lost money they couldn't afford to lose, but James Keys summed that part up pretty well. Anything that seems too good to be true...

For some I would imagine the worst part is knowing that someone you counted as a friend, and in some cases, looked up to, has done this to you. You will now be questioning your own gullibility but all you have to tell yourself is that the best con artists are so believable you would never see through them. Remember this if Neil pops up in the future and starts trying to tell you what "really" happened - it will be more lies. Remember how you feel right now and tell him to fuck off. You owe him no loyalty as if he had been a true friend he would never, never have done this to you.

This is the part that is worrying. I spose I can assure people until I'm blue in the face but people are probably going to think I am guilty by association. I know nobody probably goes a shit but FWIW:

1) I had no idea what was going on. As I said Neil was pretty much spending money like he was printing it before this all kicked off. He also mentioned his house to me- again before any of this happened. I have no knowledge of sports betting and would not really know what was going on even if I asked to see the account.

2) Me Neil and a guy some of you know, Kev has a joint vegas fund. Everytime the 3 of us entered a comp we would put 25% of any winnings in there. It had got up to around 6.5k (of around 5.5k I had put in). Kev then managed to lose it all on the horses. That was the friend I was referring to on facebook. As Cos as mentioned, Neil was pretty critical of Kev at the time.

3) Any staking money that has been sourced to me has been with an attempt to get a return. As James Atkin has mentioned I shared a table with him in Cov. I'm sure he will tell you I was trying to play my best game. Neil, Mick McCool and breifly Rupert were also on that table.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #733 on: June 19, 2010, 01:59:00 PM »

With regards to the staking forums though I think they should be kept, but maybe with rules about how big a stake can be publicly sought. eg, people asking for entry into an event or two - fine. People wanting to set up a massive stable like this one here - not fine.

This is similar to a suggestion to what I was going to make.

It's a tricky decision to decide whether the staking forums are more hassle than they're worth but I'd generally think that having it at last nominally regulated like this is better.

A simple guideline could to be say that no one could advertise for stakes over £100 from a single backer.

Obviously anybody could arrange anything they like privately - but they could anyway whatever happens with the staking forums - at least if this were introduced it would encourage people to limit their liabilities and to look upon staking as more of a fun, supportive, community etc activity and not as an investment opportunity.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #734 on: June 19, 2010, 02:02:12 PM »

finally read it all SICK SICK SICK

UFB

seriously gutted for you all

esp Cos