blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:36:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Discussions about: Staking - Betfair Football Trading
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 ... 147 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Discussions about: Staking - Betfair Football Trading  (Read 505858 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #750 on: June 19, 2010, 02:23:40 PM »

Am I right in thinking that Blatch got you all to send the money to his bank account, meaning he would have to deposit onto the site himself?

Yeah everyone would have sent him bank or full tilt transfers. I'm thinking bank though..

Yeah both mine were to his bank

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #751 on: June 19, 2010, 02:25:08 PM »

I've just managed to speak to Neil to tell him to get on the thread and answer questions.

I quote, "I'll try later as I've come to tell my parents. They are gonna help me get on my feet and are going to help to make sure everyone gets paid back'.

I also asked if there were any funds elsewhere and he's insitant that he's done the lot, including personal ISAs and his account is in overdraft.

Obviously all this still needs checking.

In the meantime I've just given Rookie the account log in and password and he's going to help look into what happened.

TBH anything he says/does now is worthless anyway, unless it's to weigh people in with what he's stolen. I'd be very surprised if he even tells his parents, he's more likely trying to work out how to get out of the country.

Yeah was just thinking similar myself. Can't be believed.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
lurker22222

View Profile
« Reply #752 on: June 19, 2010, 02:25:33 PM »

Horrified reading this thread for many reasons. First of all, it's clear to me this was scam from the beginning. The guy is clearly a sociopath and was out
for your money from a long way out. The Betfair log shows he was transferring money from one account to another. That's not in question.

I'm also horrified at the naivety of some people here. On one level it's heartwarming that in a game where vast amounts of money involved people are
willing to accept people's word and "reputation" as a bond but you will always get sociopaths who will abuse this. To them, it was their money to
begin with, they don't consider it stealing and many of you are easy targets.

Some steps to take:

1- RING Betfair's security department. Give them the account details and explain to them what has been going on. Refer them to this thread. It would
be best if somebody on Betfair with a premium account (2%) commission rate did this. At the very least Betfair's terms and conditions will have been
broken and it may be possible to freeze the account Blatch was siphoning money off to while the issue is being investigated. However, you have
delayed so much it's likely Blatch has withdrawn it all and is doing is level best as we speak to cover his tracks and hide away whatever he can. Ask
Betfair for a contact in the police or to have a detective call you immediately. Make sure when you're talking to Betfair you mention you are contacting
your solicitor on Monday morning and you will expect Betfair to take all reasonable steps to prevent further fraud and investigate this. For the average
punter Betfair will do their best to fobb them off and issue a standard reply. DON'T let them do this. Make sure they understand the seriousness of
the fraud.

2- As above, speak to the police asap. There have been multiple frauds committed here and it's very clear what this guy has been up to. It's likely
that what is known about on this thread isn't the full extent of his fraudulent activities and the police will uncover this in the process. Obtaining 10s of thousands
of pounds from investors, siphoning the money off for personal use and continuing to take money in in the process is very definitely a crime. This is
a biggish fraud with a relatively simple and inexpensive investigation. A detective will snap your hand off for it.

Don't delay. Do all of this now.

Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #753 on: June 19, 2010, 02:26:17 PM »

Cos, i know it may be difficult but maybe if he really is at his parents can they speak to you to confirm what he is saying is true?

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #754 on: June 19, 2010, 02:26:43 PM »

AMATEUR!

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #755 on: June 19, 2010, 02:27:03 PM »

We can't even be sure the spreadsheet is real so we are going to change the email address on the account and re-request everything and check the history of deposits.

There are no card details on the site which means he has deleted them.

@GreekStein on twitter.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #756 on: June 19, 2010, 02:28:51 PM »

Cos, i know it may be difficult but maybe if he really is at his parents can they speak to you to confirm what he is saying is true?

Good point. I've just sent a text asking to speak to them.

@GreekStein on twitter.

lurker22222

View Profile
« Reply #757 on: June 19, 2010, 02:31:09 PM »

I just saw Greekstein's post above, have you and other people gone completely f****** insane?

The guy is lying to you every step of the way. He's trying to buy time and as somebody else said the only thing he's sorry about
is the fact he got caught. Don't believe a word he says. It's just another part of the con.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #758 on: June 19, 2010, 02:32:46 PM »

I just saw Greekstein's post above, have you and other people gone completely f****** insane?

The guy is lying to you every step of the way. He's trying to buy time and as somebody else said the only thing he's sorry about
is the fact he got caught. Don't believe a word he says. It's just another part of the con.

As soon as I text him I got a call straight back from his mum on his phone.

She said Neil's come home and told her and his father and his sister/brother in law. They are currently discussing the next steps and she'll be in contact with me.

@GreekStein on twitter.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #759 on: June 19, 2010, 02:35:49 PM »

What is the financial position of his parents, maybe they would weigh some % of the money lost in if they were aware of the situation. Obv it's a long shot but anything that enables a possible reimbursement of funds has to be worth a shot.

Cos I've done plenty of shit in my lifetime to piss my parents off and although they steam, in the end things will be alright I'm sure. The guy is a very very good conman and had everyone fooled

I've just managed to speak to Neil to tell him to get on the thread and answer questions.

I quote, "I'll try later as I've come to tell my parents. They are gonna help me get on my feet and are going to help to make sure everyone gets paid back'.

I also asked if there were any funds elsewhere and he's insitant that he's done the lot, including personal ISAs and his account is in overdraft.

Obviously all this still needs checking.

In the meantime I've just given Rookie the account log in and password and he's going to help look into what happened.

From what I've looked at, I don't think he's done the lot. At least not in that Betfair account.

For me, here are the biggest oddities:

On March 1st, Blatch backs two tennis players against each other at 1.1 for both players in a qualifier match that probably had little trading on it at the time.

01-Mar-2010 00:00:00   01-Mar-2010 03:31:55      Settled      United kingdom   10234052970   101192407   Tennis      Qualifying Matches / Antoniychuk v Savchuk      Qualifying Matches / Antoniychuk v Savchuk; Match Odds   Kristina Antoniychuk   Back   GBP      United kingdom      3,000.00      1.10   1.10   -3,000.00
01-Mar-2010 00:00:00   01-Mar-2010 03:31:55      Settled      United kingdom   10234052971   101192407   Tennis      Qualifying Matches / Antoniychuk v Savchuk      Qualifying Matches / Antoniychuk v Savchuk; Match Odds   Olga Savchuk   Back   GBP      United kingdom      3,000.00      1.10   1.10   300.00

16-Feb-2010 00:00:00   16-Feb-2010 21:28:45      Settled      United kingdom   10127666063   101065549   Cricket      India v South Africa - 2nd Test / SA 2nd Inns Runs         100 Runs or more   Lay Asian   GBP      United kingdom      45.00      1.03   1.03   -1.35
16-Feb-2010 00:00:00   16-Feb-2010 21:28:55      Settled      United kingdom   10127667208   101065549   Cricket      India v South Africa - 2nd Test / SA 2nd Inns Runs         100 Runs or more   Lay Asian   GBP      United kingdom      8.00      999.00   999.00   -7,984.00

Another dodgy looking bet - taking both extremes on the South Africa second innings.

23-Jan-2010 00:00:00         Cancelled      United kingdom   9931317087   101069685   Soccer      Fixtures 23 January   / Preston v Chelsea      Fixtures 23 January / Preston v Chelsea; Match Odds   Chelsea   Lay   GBP      United kingdom      153,561.85      1.28     

Since we don't know the state of the account, this is the highest amount attempted to be traded in a single go that I've spotted in the figures. From the 23rd of Jan (when this bet was cancelled) until the end of the accounts -£45848.08 was lost which could mean that over £100k could be unaccounted for.

Ismene

View Profile
« Reply #760 on: June 19, 2010, 02:36:31 PM »

Lurker seems to have got this spot on. Time to take some action and stop letting emotional ties cloud judgement.

His family will want to try and help him - investors you need to start helping yourselves!
a.sparrow

View Profile
« Reply #761 on: June 19, 2010, 02:36:58 PM »

As soon as I text him I got a call straight back from his mum on his phone.

She said Neil's come home and told her and his father and his sister/brother in law. They are currently discussing the next steps and she'll be in contact with me.

I hate being so skeptical but how do we even know its his mum and not some random women he knows that he's asked to do him this favour and he'l give her couple hundred out of the money hes had away with? I know ur doing everything you can greekstein its not really a question asked at you but we gotta be aware that this guy is a habitual liar and a good one at that!
lurker22222

View Profile
« Reply #762 on: June 19, 2010, 02:38:23 PM »

We can't even be sure the spreadsheet is real so we are going to change the email address on the account and re-request everything and check the history of deposits.

So he's covering his tracks yeah?

I'll just simplify the advice I gave, it's the only hope you'll get any of your money back and it's the only hope you'll stop your "friend" from getting himself into trouble
in future. 1 - Contact Betfair's security department. 2 - Contact the police.

You're doing him, yourself and the people who have lost money a favour by doing it. There's no reason not to involve the police. None whatsoever.
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #763 on: June 19, 2010, 02:40:26 PM »

i ain't going to the police for a monkey, 3 people got done for 10K+ numerous for a few K, happy to help with enquiries but i ain't kicking them off. anyway didn't tighty say someone has called them already?
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #764 on: June 19, 2010, 02:40:40 PM »

So he's covering his tracks yeah?

I'll just simplify the advice I gave, it's the only hope you'll get any of your money back and it's the only hope you'll stop your "friend" from getting himself into trouble
in future. 1 - Contact Betfair's security department. 2 - Contact the police.

You're doing him, yourself and the people who have lost money a favour by doing it. There's no reason not to involve the police. None whatsoever.

If it's fraud followed by syphoning money between accounts then it's money laundering - if Betfair fall under any financial authorities jurisdiction at all they will really really want to help clear this up

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 ... 147 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: