blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 07:20:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Discussions about: Staking - Betfair Football Trading
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 ... 147 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Discussions about: Staking - Betfair Football Trading  (Read 507823 times)
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #765 on: June 19, 2010, 02:43:58 PM »

Requested spreadsheet from betfair so it will come direct this time, also asked for deposit history etc as there is only one transaction on the account which was a bank transfer.

2010-05-18
11:33 4497707 2010-05-18
11:33  Bank Transfer   - - -   300.00 300.00

^A deposit of £300 made on the 18th of May. His account in the last 3 months only shows to have lost a total of £300 too, which does make sense that there is no transactions between 19th march until 18th may on the spreadsheet. Meaning he did the last of the initial money on the Cheltenham festival on 16th march

Anyone invest between the 19th March and now? Because that money certainly hasn't gone into the betfair account.

HI HELEN!
lurker22222

View Profile
« Reply #766 on: June 19, 2010, 02:45:07 PM »

We can't even be sure the spreadsheet is real so we are going to change the email address on the account and re-request everything and check the history of deposits.

There are no card details on the site which means he has deleted them.

So he's covering his tracks yeah?

I'll just simplify the advice I gave, it's the only hope you'll get any of your money back and it's the only hope you'll stop your "friend" from getting himself into trouble
in future. 1 - Contact Betfair's security department. 2 - Contact the police.

You're doing him, yourself and the people who have lost money a favour by doing it. There's no reason not to involve the police. None whatsoever.

If it's fraud followed by syphoning money between accounts then it's money laundering - if Betfair fall under any financial authorities jurisdiction at all they will really really want to help clear this up

Yep. Good point.

If I was down 10k I'd have been on to the police and Betfair already and I'd be calling around to Blatch's house, not for violence but to speak to him and get the full truth out of him. It might
be impossible but if he feels under enough pressure he might show you his online bank accounts, his Betfair accounts and you might get to see how he lives.
Free_Rollin

View Profile
« Reply #767 on: June 19, 2010, 02:48:27 PM »

What is the financial position of his parents, maybe they would weigh some % of the money lost in if they were aware of the situation. Obv it's a long shot but anything that enables a possible reimbursement of funds has to be worth a shot.

Cos I've done plenty of shit in my lifetime to piss my parents off and although they steam, in the end things will be alright I'm sure. The guy is a very very good conman and had everyone fooled

I've just managed to speak to Neil to tell him to get on the thread and answer questions.

I quote, "I'll try later as I've come to tell my parents. They are gonna help me get on my feet and are going to help to make sure everyone gets paid back'.

I also asked if there were any funds elsewhere and he's insitant that he's done the lot, including personal ISAs and his account is in overdraft.

Obviously all this still needs checking.

In the meantime I've just given Rookie the account log in and password and he's going to help look into what happened.

I've also had a few messages exchanged with Neil earlier on in the morning. Neil has pretty much said the same, he is going to be staying with his parents, and is currently pennyless.

At the time of speaking to him, I did want to give him the benefit of the doubt and see if it was a genuine mistake. He hasn't said anything to suggest this, so it seems his intentions may well have been of a dishonest nature. I think I may have been a bit too lenient when I was speaking with him, but I am now beginning to just get to grips that if his intentions were to fund his lifestyle, then this is a truly sick act.

Since a few people were aware of the staking deal I had with Neil, I have been asked a couple of times about what happened and if it was true. I never followed Neil's betfair staking thread and didn't really talk to him too much about it. He did mention at times it was going well, and if I would like to invest (This hurts when you'd consider him a mate, and he's asking me to simply hand him a few grand). Anyway, I had no idea about what was going on, and I would imagine Mitch, Matt were also the same, as is Cos. I was chatting to Mitch a few weeks ago, and we were saying there isn't much point getting staked if we're having to pay the buy-ins ourselves. The difference was, then we thought we were going to get these back.

Obviously, Blatch has said the poker staking is now over, and if Blonde's Betfair staking thread has paid for any of the poker staking, then I am glad it is over. I am owed money to the tune of ~£1.5k, and I doubt I would be ever seeing that again.

As far as staking boards go, I think they are a very good part of Blonde and I would hate to see them go. I am yet to use the boards for staking of my own, but I have bought a few pieces here and there. I think going forward we are going to just have to be super savvy about who we invest in. I am sure many would agree that Blatch was seen as a good guy on here, and he had the respect of many, hence the forum handing him £80k (or whatever the figure is). It was a lack of judgement of character by us, but to close staking boards would be disappointing. I think we need to come up with solutions to these problems, and without thinking too much about it, maybe some sort of escrow would be ideal? Anyways, we do need to stick with the matter on hand here, and collectively need to decide what needs to happen going forward. Pretty sure Greekstein mentioned earlier he was doing everything he can so far, so let's see what needs to be done next.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #768 on: June 19, 2010, 02:49:33 PM »

Ok we're unbanning ling and we'll also unban arbboy. Purely because these are extraordinary circumstances. I spoke to tikay this morning and we've also decided to, temporarily at least, unban rooks account as he can help. Also there will be no confusion as to which of ling and rooks is posting. Its up to you guys in what is an awful situation for many to make this work on here please

I'm sure there's a way Bolt could help....
Mansini
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #769 on: June 19, 2010, 02:50:02 PM »

'Greekstein'  ffs wise up will you.      I have an a house in the desert with ocean views i'd like to sell you for $20 million,  send me the cash first and then i'll send you details of the property

I'll give you a tip ok... The story about sleeping in is a lie, and everything he says from this point on which doesn't directly lead to you getting your money back is a lie. Simple.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #770 on: June 19, 2010, 02:51:24 PM »

Remember the early days as Blatch seemingly hit winner after winner?

Even on 22nd August he was not being fully truthful as he put almost £3.6k on Arsenal against Portsmouth @ 1.2 but then had to lay it off at the same price.

And then on August 27th Blatch loses £427.62 in the Barcelona vs Shakhtar game where he backs Barca @ 1.44 and is forced to then lay off @ 1.47.

September 14th sees Blatch backing Chelsea vs Porto @ 1.43 and 1.41 but then doesn't lay off any of the betting until after the game starts @ 1.17. He manages to make about £2k in profit.

The first time he actually make a bet where he DOESN'T lay off is on the 29th September, dropping almost £2.4k when backing Newcastle against QPR after the Toon fail to win. (Typical Newcastle...)

This makes me even more suspicious and would back up my gut reaction of what has happened originally.

My guess would be that Blatch had gone skint from punting, pokering and being as balla as he could. He makes a plan to get a fund together to trade pre match footy as he was probably successful at that when he had a decent roll but lost said roll elsewhere. His plan even then was to use the roll to trade footy for the syndicate as stated but his ulterior motive was to use that fund in between footy trades to trade/bet on other events and then remove the profit he expected to make into either his own Betfair account, or in cash by simple withdrawal. Nobody see's the account details but anyone that wants to look at the figure in the account can see there is cash there so there prob wouldnt be any need to suspect at that stage but he was probably syphoning off his side event winnings on the side.

Maybe he then started to gamble more with the account and Flops seems to have found where this happened very early into the syndicate, if his bets win, he takes the cash out or dumps it to another account ( the evidence that this happened is clear). If it loses he has a big fund behind him now to simply keep going hoping to bet it back to a profit.

What would be uba sick is this, there has to be a real possibilty that he was simply making a lot of these trades up and reporting his weekly losses/profits in the amounts he was declaring on the thread as the figs for each game. For example, if he wins 3k punting/trading with the fund that week, he could have simply come onto the thread and said all three outcomes +1500 in this game, everyone is happy and he has made himself a profit of 1500 that week using the fund and kept the fund happy with a profit.The next week he does in 2k gambling/trading and simply says this match went wrong we are -1400 etc on this game. As he has actually admitted doing with the most recent games tio reduce the amount in the now fantasy fund.

Just a thought, has anyone checked the Betfair account to see if he has transferred any cash between the sports book and the poker room, that would probably be an easier way of dumping cash or could possibly be where some of the fund was played up.

Has anyone gone through the games he claimed early on to have been trading on the thread to see if those figures/trades are real and if they were did the declared amounts match the actual amounts. Are the figs on the spreadsheet just the last three months still or are the earliest games there now.

On the self matching examples, where there any sides where the trading fund got ther better side of those 1.01 two way trades, if there were it might have started off by moving cash from the fund to his account to trade/bet with and then be sent back to the fund if he won via another self trade on an obscure market at 1.01.

Have there been any cash withdrawals from the fund, if so what amounts and did these withdrawals coincide with winning or losing bets on side events other than football.

Earlier in the thread someone listed a set of sports bet that had been placed on the account and many were losers to the syndicate fund, from memory without going back these were 2 way markjets that could easily have been dumping cash, do these look like self matching to move funds to another account or were they trading events in running/pre game and ended up being  straight losers. Even if they were str8 losers it could still be proven they were 2 way traded by the same other account or accounts each time so if Batch did have many acounts in different names there would be a pattern of bets matched with the same layer.

Someone earlier said they were friends with someone that is a member here that works for Betfair, I think it needs to be reported to Betfair and ask them to look into the accounts the 1.01 trades were going to and from and evenn if the bets matched at 'correct prices' on those sports bets could have been matched between a stable of accounts in differents names. The BF security team is very savvy and I am sure they could piece this together but it would be a lot easier to get thr guy that works there to put it forward as it is going to be a very complex explanation needed to get the ball rolling in the first place.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #771 on: June 19, 2010, 02:52:13 PM »

What is the financial position of his parents, maybe they would weigh some % of the money lost in if they were aware of the situation. Obv it's a long shot but anything that enables a possible reimbursement of funds has to be worth a shot.

Cos I've done plenty of shit in my lifetime to piss my parents off and although they steam, in the end things will be alright I'm sure. The guy is a very very good conman and had everyone fooled

I've just managed to speak to Neil to tell him to get on the thread and answer questions.

I quote, "I'll try later as I've come to tell my parents. They are gonna help me get on my feet and are going to help to make sure everyone gets paid back'.

I also asked if there were any funds elsewhere and he's insitant that he's done the lot, including personal ISAs and his account is in overdraft.

In the meantime I've just given Rookie the account log in and password and he's going to help look into what happened.

As suggested earlier can we get the full list of transactions sent out again as it looks like the one he sent out the first time has been doctored.

Cheers to all who are helping.
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #772 on: June 19, 2010, 02:53:52 PM »

As suggested earlier can we get the full list of transactions sent out again as it looks like the one he sent out the first time has been doctored.

Its already been requested

HI HELEN!
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #773 on: June 19, 2010, 02:58:41 PM »

Remember the early days as Blatch seemingly hit winner after winner?

Even on 22nd August he was not being fully truthful as he put almost £3.6k on Arsenal against Portsmouth @ 1.2 but then had to lay it off at the same price.

And then on August 27th Blatch loses £427.62 in the Barcelona vs Shakhtar game where he backs Barca @ 1.44 and is forced to then lay off @ 1.47.

September 14th sees Blatch backing Chelsea vs Porto @ 1.43 and 1.41 but then doesn't lay off any of the betting until after the game starts @ 1.17. He manages to make about £2k in profit.

The first time he actually make a bet where he DOESN'T lay off is on the 29th September, dropping almost £2.4k when backing Newcastle against QPR after the Toon fail to win. (Typical Newcastle...)

This makes me even more suspicious and would back up my gut reaction of what has happened originally.

My guess would be that Blatch had gone skint from punting, pokering and being as balla as he could. He makes a plan to get a fund together to trade pre match footy as he was probably successful at that when he had a decent roll but lost said roll elsewhere. His plan even then was to use the roll to trade footy for the syndicate as stated but his ulterior motive was to use that fund in between footy trades to trade/bet on other events and then remove the profit he expected to make into either his own Betfair account, or in cash by simple withdrawal. Nobody see's the account details but anyone that wants to look at the figure in the account can see there is cash there so there prob wouldnt be any need to suspect at that stage but he was probably syphoning off his side event winnings on the side.

Maybe he then started to gamble more with the account and Flops seems to have found where this happened very early into the syndicate, if his bets win, he takes the cash out or dumps it to another account ( the evidence that this happened is clear). If it loses he has a big fund behind him now to simply keep going hoping to bet it back to a profit.

What would be uba sick is this, there has to be a real possibilty that he was simply making a lot of these trades up and reporting his weekly losses/profits in the amounts he was declaring on the thread as the figs for each game. For example, if he wins 3k punting/trading with the fund that week, he could have simply come onto the thread and said all three outcomes +1500 in this game, everyone is happy and he has made himself a profit of 1500 that week using the fund and kept the fund happy with a profit.The next week he does in 2k gambling/trading and simply says this match went wrong we are -1400 etc on this game. As he has actually admitted doing with the most recent games tio reduce the amount in the now fantasy fund.

Just a thought, has anyone checked the Betfair account to see if he has transferred any cash between the sports book and the poker room, that would probably be an easier way of dumping cash or could possibly be where some of the fund was played up.

Has anyone gone through the games he claimed early on to have been trading on the thread to see if those figures/trades are real and if they were did the declared amounts match the actual amounts. Are the figs on the spreadsheet just the last three months still or are the earliest games there now.

On the self matching examples, where there any sides where the trading fund got ther better side of those 1.01 two way trades, if there were it might have started off by moving cash from the fund to his account to trade/bet with and then be sent back to the fund if he won via another self trade on an obscure market at 1.01.

Have there been any cash withdrawals from the fund, if so what amounts and did these withdrawals coincide with winning or losing bets on side events other than football.

Earlier in the thread someone listed a set of sports bet that had been placed on the account and many were losers to the syndicate fund, from memory without going back these were 2 way markjets that could easily have been dumping cash, do these look like self matching to move funds to another account or were they trading events in running/pre game and ended up being  straight losers. Even if they were str8 losers it could still be proven they were 2 way traded by the same other account or accounts each time so if Batch did have many acounts in different names there would be a pattern of bets matched with the same layer.

Someone earlier said they were friends with someone that is a member here that works for Betfair, I think it needs to be reported to Betfair and ask them to look into the accounts the 1.01 trades were going to and from and evenn if the bets matched at 'correct prices' on those sports bets could have been matched between a stable of accounts in differents names. The BF security team is very savvy and I am sure they could piece this together but it would be a lot easier to get thr guy that works there to put it forward as it is going to be a very complex explanation needed to get the ball rolling in the first place.

Nothing indicating he's played poker on there in the last 3 months, however we have to await the full history from betfair which has been requested as any play is likely to have been before this period.

Secondly, the blonde member who works for betfair is 'Sighmuns' formally 'Greg Sighmuns'. I will send him a pm and hope he can get the ball rolling for us re: the Betfair investigation.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
mouth

View Profile
« Reply #774 on: June 19, 2010, 02:59:37 PM »

Obv I don't know Neil's parents' financial situation. Call me cycnical but I'm guessing neil has gone to them in the hope they will come up with some form of repayment plan for the people he has stolen from and defrauded. This will not be out of the goodness of his heart! His twisted mind will have worked out reading this thread that there is a chance he could actually go to prison. Therefore he will have worked out some story for his parents to get them to repay so he can "apologise" and "make good" everyone's losses.

Get this into your heads. Neil Blatchly stole from, lied to and conned every one of you who put money into this. He did this without a momentary thought for how it woudl affect you, financially or otherwise. He did this to finance a lifestyle that he had a taste of once he picked up a couple of wins. Once he'd gambled his money away he decided to come up with a plan to get more money to chase his losses. He managed to do this because he knew he had godlike status on here, and so he knew he could.

Cos. I'm sorry to be so blunt. You are still allowing yourself to be conned mate. Neil is a liar and a conman and you are still looking for some truths from him. He is still telling you what he thinks you want to hear and will continue to do so for as long as you look to him for reassurance. You need to distance yourself.

Everyone involved in this scam ie on the receiving end needs to make a decision - they either go legal on this, whether through Betfair or otherwise. Or they write it off. Asking what Neil's doing about it is a waste of your time and effort. The man has lied to you for months - why do you think he will come up with the truth now?

Put him in the hands of the police or put it to bed.

Don't tell her to turn down, put on your shades if you can't see
Don't tell her to turn down, turn up the flame.

http://gobshiteonlegs.blogspot.com/
betfairtrader
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #775 on: June 19, 2010, 03:00:53 PM »

I have been trading for many years on Betfair and i can assure anyone who has staked in this venture that there is no way in hell all of this money has been genuinely lost gambling from what i can see on the spreadsheet at least £30,000 has been basically switched to his other account and you can tell purely because some of the bets just make no sense at all and are almost certainly just blank market trades to his other account and who knows whats happend from there, probably gone to fund his lifestyle/poker losses, i wouldn't wait any longer to inform the relevant authorities as its almost certain he is going to try and leave the country because this blatent theft of large sums of money is almost certainly carrying a jail setance.
TheoneTwo

View Profile
« Reply #776 on: June 19, 2010, 03:01:41 PM »

Firstly sorry to the guys that lost money in this, it's so sick it's unreal.
I know people that lost money in this and it's terrible.

I am more sickened than anything by what ive just read, seriously is this guy going to go and just drop this mess in his parents lap? did someone say he's 35? ffs his parents must be in their 60's how on earth can you go around giving it the big i am it to everyone living in a deluded world for a year taking 100k of peoples money conning 40 -50 people and then after getting found out just go and tell your parents and cry about it? lol what a joke that isnt a man, not a real man what an utter pathetic sad loser, are his elderly parents gonna have to spend all their savings now or sell there house? i wonder if they have health problems of their own? seriously how this guy can do this in the first place is beyond me but that is so depraved, inconsiderate and scummy to then be a man of his age and the only thing he can do is to cry off to his parents, what an absolute bottom feeder.

If i had slept in and missed the trade or whatever i'd rather rob banks to try and get the money back than do this to my parents, what a loser.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #777 on: June 19, 2010, 03:05:21 PM »

Cos. I'm sorry to be so blunt. You are still allowing yourself to be conned mate. Neil is a liar and a conman and you are still looking for some truths from him. He is still telling you what he thinks you want to hear and will continue to do so for as long as you look to him for reassurance. You need to distance yourself.

Yes this is true Caroline. You're not the only one to tell me this. Thanks to all those who have been good friends.

I want to re-iterate that I'm not acting as a mediator, but as someone who simply wants to get to the bottom of this and maybe one day get my money back.

From now on I will be keeping contact for necessary stuff only and not to seek information etc.

Anyway, back to the thread....

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #778 on: June 19, 2010, 03:06:14 PM »

Its already been requested

Aii cheers Rooks.
Mansini
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #779 on: June 19, 2010, 03:07:05 PM »

Yep, sums it up..going to your parents is the lowest of the low, why even bother at that point
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 ... 147 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: