blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 04:06:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272938 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Discussions about: Staking - Betfair Football Trading
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 ... 147 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Discussions about: Staking - Betfair Football Trading  (Read 517053 times)
jaxxstorm

View Profile
« Reply #1995 on: June 22, 2010, 05:19:16 PM »

I signed up here a few weeks ago to follow a friend of mine in Deepstack at DTD, hence my poor signup date.

As mentioned before, I worked as a dealer at Gala in Leicester and Neil was semi regular, especially on cash. He hit on my (now ex) girlfriend (also a dealer) numerous times only to be knocked back. As a result, he came to my attention quickly.

I made it very clear to everyone at the time that the rubbish Blatch spouted was pure lies, simply because I only met him from the other side of the poker table. He'd regularly talk about his trades and I regularly told him as a dealer that his bets were ridiculous. I'd check them on my break thinking about backing them and think, "actually thats retarded bet." I'm not trader, but I know a good bet when I see one. Either he'd make up odds he'd backed at, use ridiculous maths of generally pluck numbers out of thin air. His reasoning, sound. The reality, stupid.

As a result, he categorically refused to play at a table I dealt with. He'd completely refuse to play at a cash table I was dealing and if I was dealing at this tournament table he'd kick up a fuss until I was given a break or moved. When he was forced to play at my table he'd pick up on every single mistake, no matter how small it was. I got a reputation from other players there as a bad dealer as Blatch tried to sully my name in an apparant attempt to get me sacked.

This all started in December last year and I told several people (card room manager, Jools) and a few other people that I suspected Blatch was busto and full of shit because of his behaviour. I was laughed at, constantly. I brought it up months down the line (approx March time) when he suddenly started playing the Friday £10 donkament. I brought it up again when he started sitting short stacked at cash tables (he'd previously usually buyin with approx £300 at 50/1 then suddenly started sitting with less and less around March/April). Again I was told to stop being ridiculous, Blatch had a massive roll. I could go on, but I won't.

These people were basing their opinions on Blatch on two things, a persona and reputation. Its contagious. The same way that people who have only fleetingly met George know that he's a top bloke, his reputation proceeds him. Fortunately for this community, its become even more apparant their assessment of George was spot on. Unfortunately, many people were wrong about Blatch. I think the moral of all this story is that staking is a great idea, but get to know the person first. Ask around about them, listen to people's doubts. Find out who they owe money to, how long for etc. The real problem I've seen as a result of this saga is the blind trust that seems to have been invested when some simple research would have ensured most people would have kept their money safe. I know its all well and good saying it now but it really needs to be drilled home.

Just as an aside, he was a truly terrible Poker player but he never seemed to have an issue berating other's play. Another sign of busto-ness if I ever saw one. People with big rolls understand the variance and like it when people play bad. George, again is a prime example. Always gracious in defeat even against a 1 outer. Blatch would storm off like a petulant child.

Again, as said above, this might smack of after timing but the community here has meant it was difficult to speak out against stalwarts like Blatch for fear of banning/ridicule.

EDIT: Additionally, I posted my suspicions of his busto-ness on another forum (Football F365 Forum) and was even told I was wrong there, such was his reputation
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 05:23:23 PM by jaxxstorm » Logged
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: June 22, 2010, 05:19:23 PM »

I do find it pretty amazing reading all these stories about what a bad bloke Blatch always has been.

Where were you all when he was the hero of the forum?

Must say it all smacks of after timing.

As has been said time and again, blonde is a ridiculously 'cliquey' forum - standing up against well respected members rightly or wrongly is a futile thing to do.

So it seems with arbboy's banning. Sad.

Most forums are the same, though. Regulars and those known either off the forum or those who hold a 'rep' are always given more protection.

lol @ these 2 ignorant posts from 2 new people to the forum

arbboys ban was because of the way in which he posted - how he said not what he said i guess

please dont make yourseleves look rediculous by talking abou things of which you know nothing about

hindsight is 20/20 - most of the people here are telling stories after the event. I was one of the people who blatch freeroled on - given what i knew of his previous staking (and these are with friends) i had no reason to doubt him

ask yourself the following question, has anyone ever owed you money? - Do you go round blabbing abou tit and talking abou tthem behind their backs?

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
efcfan

View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: June 22, 2010, 05:22:42 PM »

And on other thing 2 weeks ago he went and played golf with a group of lets say 30 years plus his senior lost and ended up having to owe them money to the sum of £370 he couldn't even pay that .........and as for being a betfair pro he never ever had his own broadband connection used to go another mate of mine using his in the day .........but he soon got rid of him as he says he is a proper tramp never flushed the chain when he used the toilet....t and stunk his house out just by not bathing and again owes him several thousands

i can go on ALL night about these stories

Wow that is disgusted never flushing the toilet, please go on all nnight with your storys so when i return home i can have a read, Obviously there is a lot even his closest friends didnt know

hmmmmmmmmmmm...............
Google

View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: June 22, 2010, 05:25:00 PM »

I do find it pretty amazing reading all these stories about what a bad bloke Blatch always has been.

Where were you all when he was the hero of the forum?

Must say it all smacks of after timing.

As has been said time and again, blonde is a ridiculously 'cliquey' forum - standing up against well respected members rightly or wrongly is a futile thing to do.

So it seems with arbboy's banning. Sad.

Most forums are the same, though. Regulars and those known either off the forum or those who hold a 'rep' are always given more protection.

lol @ these 2 ignorant posts from 2 new people to the forum

arbboys ban was because of the way in which he posted - how he said not what he said i guess

please dont make yourseleves look rediculous by talking abou things of which you know nothing about

hindsight is 20/20 - most of the people here are telling stories after the event. I was one of the people who blatch freeroled on - given what i knew of his previous staking (and these are with friends) i had no reason to doubt him

ask yourself the following question, has anyone ever owed you money? - Do you go round blabbing abou tit and talking abou tthem behind their backs?

With respect, everyone knows blonde has a reputation to be cliquey, stereotypes are not born from nothing, it is not a new criticism or only as a reaction to arrboy.

scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: June 22, 2010, 05:26:31 PM »

EDIT: Additionally, I posted my suspicions of his busto-ness on another forum (Football F365 Forum) and was even told I was wrong there, such was his reputation

I can confirm this.  Jaxx mentioned this 4/5 months ago and because of all the threads that I've lurked here I was one of them that was like lolzzzzzzz Blatch could never be busto.

jaxxstorm

View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: June 22, 2010, 05:28:36 PM »

I can confirm this.  Jaxx mentioned this 4/5 months ago and because of all the threads that I've lurked here I was one of them that was like lolzzzzzzz Blatch could never be busto.

I will be back on Sky taking your monies soon enough Scotty Smiley
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2001 on: June 22, 2010, 05:29:46 PM »

Great post thanks Jaxx

Anyone else shocked Blatch tried it one with not one but two women? A couple of his mates once told me they thought he was gay.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: June 22, 2010, 05:31:34 PM »

I've been beating myself up about how I could be duped in. I do understand people saying how could George not have known? The point is that I trusted Neil. And he never did anything to suggest he was busto. I must re-iterate he always had wads of cash BEFORE this venture took off.

His Nigerian fraud on his account was obv fishy but I thought he was struggling with his personal roll. He would never admit if he was really struggling. I never for even ONE second thought he would skim off the account. Partly because of all the jokes he made about doing it.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: June 22, 2010, 05:32:01 PM »

link please?

Just me
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: June 22, 2010, 05:33:15 PM »

Great post thanks Jaxx

Anyone else shocked Blatch tried it one with not one but two women? A couple of his mates once told me they thought he was gay.

This was doing the rounds for ages. In fact, when he won Bristol I was going to give Ben Wilson (poker journo) my number so I could impersonate Neil and we could out Blatch and talk about how his win was for all the gay poker players out there and encouraged them to come out

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: June 22, 2010, 05:34:26 PM »

link please?

its a closed forum.  only members can view threads.  and we hvae a 150 page/thread maximum size so its probably been pulled.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2006 on: June 22, 2010, 05:36:53 PM »

Great post thanks Jaxx

This was doing the rounds for ages. In fact, when he won Bristol I was going to give Ben Wilson (poker journo) my number so I could impersonate Neil and we could out Blatch and talk about how his win was for all the gay poker players out there and encouraged them to come out

lol, Ben is a brilliant bloke but he seems to keep running into the grimmers. He once told me he had a great idea about a PLO article he wanted me to put on Pokernews with an expert he met called Richard Kellett, bless im
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: June 22, 2010, 05:38:15 PM »

The way the human mind works is a bit odd. Once you've formed an opinion on something it will look for things that reinforce that and disregard the things that don't.

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: June 22, 2010, 05:39:18 PM »

when blatch stated the stake was now worth 260% ish, did this mean he some how figured he could get around 300k to pay back the stakers, lol.

has anybody contacted the police?
chatban

I harv a veek harnd.

View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: June 22, 2010, 05:40:37 PM »

Just seems horribly sad to me. I have too dealt to Neil and never took a liking to him, in fact I found him incredibly rude but i had it on good authority his demeanour away from the table was good. He even took out a couple of the dealers tot the local strip club on him. (I wasn't invited) I think he seemed to float around people who did not have overly strong personalities and was easily riled when challenged, i guess it makes sense.

The guy's name is (rightly) being dragged though the mud, but I think he obviously rather ill in the head and must be going through hell. You cannot be in a good place to do this. He's done a horrible thing but the best thing to do is probably let him stew and let the dust settle. If he did something stupid on the back of this I think very few people could be proud of their conduct in this thread.

My advice is, go down the right channels (the police) and let sleeping dogs lie.
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 ... 147 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: