blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:48:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  WSOP Updates
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP Updates  (Read 16019 times)
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2010, 10:11:58 AM »

I'm confused Teeeeeekayyyyy

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Lucky

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2010, 11:29:46 AM »

Tony,

Hope you are having a good time.

Can you keep an eye out for Raol Moat please?

Much appreciated.

Abs brilliant.

Is he killing the table?
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2010, 11:42:23 AM »

I think TK is implying that when they have to move a blind to fill a seat they don't necessarily move the next available person.

They will sometimes wait until somebody worthy of TV is in a suitable position to be moved and then leap in quickly with the seat card.

Also when they break a table there is a good chance that isn't random either. It can't be to difficult to make sure that the seat cards go to exactly who the TD wants.

It always seems a bit of a coincidence when out of a field of 6000 runners it just happens to be a "face" who walks in to the TV table.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2010, 12:02:01 PM »

The seat draw is random, but it has definitely been noted by updaters before that when the organisers are looking for a new player for a feature table they will be standing near a table with a big name on it, but trying not to look like they're standing near it, then suddenly swoop in when that player becomes the big blind.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2010, 04:21:21 PM »

Evil & Andrew have it sussed.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2010, 04:23:34 PM »

That may be what you meant

But I'm not entirely sure that it's what you said

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2010, 04:42:23 PM »

That may be what you meant

But I'm not entirely sure that it's what you said

Quite possibly.

But I'm glad we got there eventually. Wink

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
LukieD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2010, 06:06:26 PM »

Keep an eye on Jamie Burland if you get a chance please

Pavilion White Area Table 23 Seat 9
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2010, 10:01:05 PM »

The TV table isn't hand picked at all.

They do the seat draw completely randomly, then look at the draw. The most interesting table (ie the one with the most name pros) then moves from a normal outside table to the one with the cameras and lights around it. If the name pros bust then they can move the remaining players back to an outside table and move another set of players onto the TV table, but the draw is still completely random.

At the start of every days play ESPN will choose the most pro-stacked table so it figures that you're always going to see pros on the TV table. It doesn't mean that the draw is rigged at all. If that was really the case that the draw was rigged do you think that any pro would sign a TV waiver form so that they can play on stacked tables in every event?

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2010, 10:30:35 PM »

I think TK is implying that when they have to move a blind to fill a seat they don't necessarily move the next available person.

They will sometimes wait until somebody worthy of TV is in a suitable position to be moved and then leap in quickly with the seat card.

Also when they break a table there is a good chance that isn't random either. It can't be to difficult to make sure that the seat cards go to exactly who the TD wants.

It always seems a bit of a coincidence when out of a field of 6000 runners it just happens to be a "face" who walks in to the TV table.

Not how it works at the WSOP at all.

The field is so large they dont move people from the BB till way deep, its done by tables breaking and when they do that they high card for dealer button then deal out seat cards randomly.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2010, 12:07:41 AM »

Video Interviews with James Dempsey, Mike The Mouth Matusow, Thomas Kremser, Roland de Wolfe, Thewy, Simon Trumper, Tyron Krost, & the amazing Bobo. The Matusow interview just recorded, 20 minutes ago.

http://bit.ly/crRfJz

bodo is the best, is he still in the ME? he'd be the best world champ ever

pretty com that he doesn't know how to pronounce his own surname

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2010, 12:26:40 AM »

Video Interviews with James Dempsey, Mike The Mouth Matusow, Thomas Kremser, Roland de Wolfe, Thewy, Simon Trumper, Tyron Krost, & the amazing Bobo. The Matusow interview just recorded, 20 minutes ago.

http://bit.ly/crRfJz

bodo is the best, is he still in the ME? he'd be the best world champ ever

pretty com that he doesn't know how to pronounce his own surname

I thought he was awesome! Really pleasing demeanour, too.

Was he the German-Pole who moved to Aussie? (So many interviews, it's all a blur to me now).

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2010, 06:35:25 AM »

Was he the German-Pole who moved to Aussie? (So many interviews, it's all a blur to me now).

yep

he qualified on PP to play in the televised 72 (or maybe 96) hour cash game in london a while back, strolled in half way through and stole the show. channing and the others didn't have a clue how to play against him. great to see he's been signed up

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2010, 08:38:17 PM »

Not how it works at the WSOP at all.

The field is so large they dont move people from the BB till way deep, its done by tables breaking and when they do that they high card for dealer button then deal out seat cards randomly.

Thanks for clearing that up mate. I'll sleep easy tonight knowing that it's all random.

Good luck in your day 2.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2010, 03:58:55 AM »

Interviews today with Jesse May & Mike Sexton.

Jesse was his usual bubbly self, & warm & friendly, though we go back a bit, I used to write a column for Cardplayer Europe when he was the Editor. (I left after Mr Slotboom took over & turned it into the Slotboom Fanzine).

Mike Sexton, who I'd never spoken to before, was the consummate PR spokesperson for Party & WPT, but I found him, on a personal level, cold. His brother gave me a "Mike Sexton, Poker Hall of Fame" DVD. Must watch that. Fair play to Lush the Gush though, who's brokered a whole bunch of interviews for us.

The May & Sexton interviews are here.....

http://bit.ly/byZ5IJ

I believe we have Mr Channing lined up for later this evening.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: