blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:13:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Small Dilemma
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Small Dilemma  (Read 3430 times)
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2010, 03:30:13 PM »

Well I just spoke to my uncle and they saw his facebook and some of the remarks really are pretty shocking. He had a feeling something might be up but my cousin, Michael, who's also pretty mature said he wasn't scared of these guys but it obviously upset him and that he wasn't the only one they did it to.

My uncle asked what Michael wanted him to do about it, if anything, and Michael said deal with it through the school - the bullies are unlikely to know who reported them as there's a handful of people they do it to.

If thats what he wants to do then fair enough.

I would guess there would be a fair chance they will find out it was him though.

Do you know if we are we talking violent bullies or just all talk?

I don't know about the other kids but they've not laid a finger on my cousin. He's just turned 13 and is my height, like 5'10 which is pretty damn tall for his age which may be why they haven't got physical with him.

Blatant "I'm harder than 13 year olds cus I'm so big" brag.

Pretty sure it's a "I can't even scare year 8's, they're so fucking big' beat.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2010, 04:41:34 PM »

A lad at our school was getting bullied, it only took him bricking one lad for it to stop.

Happy to help.

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2010, 04:45:35 PM »

A lad at our school was getting bullied, it only took him bricking one lad for it to stop.

Happy to help.

How long did your scar take to heal?

@GreekStein on twitter.

sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2010, 04:52:30 PM »

Happy to help.

Cat piss Graham would never brick me, we got on great guns!!

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2010, 04:56:08 PM »

Happy to help.

Oh, i thought that was how the baldness started.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Sack it off

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2010, 05:34:39 PM »

This is one subject I feel really really strongly about. I have to disagree with getting involved directly.

You need to tell him how to deal with them, you could even make it fun for him, take different approaches with the bullies.
For eg if one of these bullies were to make a remark to him in person, just one stern look at them as if to say "is that the best you can do?" could end it right there. It's those kind of signs of confidence that scare the shit out of bullies.
It also reverses the focus of the moment, instead of your cousin looking the butt of the joke it actually changes the situation and makes them look like arseholes and creates an awkward moment for them.

So many different things you can do which will crush them.

Cos, I think you should actually be the person who helps him, he's added you on facebook so he obviously looks up to you and would take your advice.

Getting the school or parents will make him appear weak, but not only that, it will make him feel weak and he won't know what to do in the next situation. He's 22 and starting a new job, he's got to know how to deal with arseholes or he will just get run over.
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2010, 06:37:09 PM »

Happy to help.

Oh, i thought that was how the baldness started.

nah that was because of my high levels of testosterone.

grass doesnt grow on a busy street cos...

Swordpoker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2010, 11:56:25 PM »

I like your idea to take him to the cinema. You have no idea how much he is being bullied 'off-line' and what kind of things might be happening to him. Most children who get bullied are very secretive about it. Give him a chance to open up to you in a comfortable an informal setting.

Telling his parents is probably a good idea but let him know if you plan to do that and get his involvement if you can. The more he is in control of how this is handled the better.

I wrote an article a while back. It's aimed at parents but you might find it useful. It's on how to talk to your child about bullying.: http://www.bullyingfullstop.co.uk/html/bullying_advice_for_parents.html

sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2010, 08:58:53 AM »

Cheers for responses guys.

As it happens, when I called my cousin the day before his dad was actually around and kinda got the gist of the conversation we were having. My cousin's parents looked into my cousins facebook and are going to take it up with the school.

Cheers for advice, would have been rather funny to get big baz to tell the kid he was gon t'eat te lad's intestines

/thread

cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2010, 10:16:39 AM »

I like your idea to take him to the cinema. You have no idea how much he is being bullied 'off-line' and what kind of things might be happening to him. Most children who get bullied are very secretive about it. Give him a chance to open up to you in a comfortable an informal setting.

Telling his parents is probably a good idea but let him know if you plan to do that and get his involvement if you can. The more he is in control of how this is handled the better.

I wrote an article a while back. It's aimed at parents but you might find it useful. It's on how to talk to your child about bullying.: http://www.bullyingfullstop.co.uk/html/bullying_advice_for_parents.html

very much this
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: