blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:34:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  UKIPT Brighton - Disgusting spot in level 1
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UKIPT Brighton - Disgusting spot in level 1  (Read 5027 times)
Free_Rollin

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2010, 03:57:39 PM »

It's pretty clear that the consensus was to bet call the river then, while some saying check call? Well obviously, I went against the masses, and folded the river. I had no reads at the time, and I found it very difficult to believe that villain would be raising here with 8x (not A8/98 obvs) or the flush here for value. I figured A8 or pocket 88 to be the most likely holding in this spot, so opted for the fold.

As play progressed, his plays made me regret the fold. He was doing some weird stuff, and then this hand occurs between villain and Jake Cody. Villain has opened a couple of times since antes kicked in, and Jake has three bet him twice, and villain has folded.

Villain opens again from cut off, playing somewhere in the region of 18k - 20k. (Blinds 150-300-25). Jake 3 bets from the small, and villain peels. Flop comes QQ4, Jake c bets, villain calls. Turn comes a 4, and Jake checks. Villain jams, and Jake calls with A4. Villain tables J10 off.

Seems like bet folding a house on the river in the first level of a reasonable size buy in and reasonable strength field tournament can't be a good thing, but I didn't think it was the right call this time. Obviously, whatever the result, I don't want to be results orientated, and I wanted to discuss the hand so I know what the best line would be in the long run. Will post result after some more replies.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2010, 04:04:12 PM »

It's pretty clear that the consensus was to bet call the river then, while some saying check call? Well obviously, I went against the masses, and folded the river. I had no reads at the time, and I found it very difficult to believe that villain would be raising here with 8x (not A8/98 obvs) or the flush here for value. I figured A8 or pocket 88 to be the most likely holding in this spot, so opted for the fold.

As play progressed, his plays made me regret the fold. He was doing some weird stuff, and then this hand occurs between villain and Jake Cody. Villain has opened a couple of times since antes kicked in, and Jake has three bet him twice, and villain has folded.

Villain opens again from cut off, playing somewhere in the region of 18k - 20k. (Blinds 150-300-25). Jake 3 bets from the small, and villain peels. Flop comes QQ4, Jake c bets, villain calls. Turn comes a 4, and Jake checks. Villain jams, and Jake calls with A4. Villain tables J10 off.

Seems like bet folding a house on the river in the first level of a reasonable size buy in and reasonable strength field tournament can't be a good thing, but I didn't think it was the right call this time. Obviously, whatever the result, I don't want to be results orientated, and I wanted to discuss the hand so I know what the best line would be in the long run. Will post result after some more replies.

He won't have been thinking about your potential holding probably just thinking he can rep a flush on river and get you to fold ax hands

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2010, 04:09:15 PM »

this, your hand is pretty under-repped imo which means more reason to call
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2010, 06:13:06 PM »

Don't think you can really fold and definitely never checking turn or river. Check calling the river misses major value imo when he checks back all of his Ax 'cos the flush got there. Lead the turn bigger aswell. Stacks are deep and we wanna get as much in the pot as possible. I don't think that theres really anything that he's calling 800 with but folding for 1100ish

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2010, 06:35:49 PM »

He won't have been thinking about your potential holding probably just thinking he can rep a flush on river and get you to fold ax hands

This, he can turn Ax into a bluff himself, especially if he has .

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2010, 09:48:24 PM »

FWIW i am betting slightly more on the turn (never checking) and bet call the river 100%

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
Free_Rollin

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2010, 08:24:57 PM »

FWIW, villain later told me he had A8 in that hand. I mean obviously there's no reason for me not to believe him.

I thought it was a pretty interesting, yet awful, hand to be in. I am actually quite surprised about how many people, like all of you, have said it's a call rather than a fold. Think it speaks volumes about my game, and I'll probably have to do something to get back into it! Did have like a 2 month off period though, but was hoping it would do my game good, rather than bad!
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2010, 10:32:41 AM »

what % of the time do people shove?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2010, 12:58:33 PM »

I dont think id ever shove unless the villian is a complete mongrel...

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2010, 03:50:23 PM »

I dont think id ever shove unless the villian is a complete mongrel...

lol love the word mongrel

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Free_Rollin

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2010, 12:49:32 PM »

I pretty much was never considering shoving in this spot. Not saying I wouldn't ever, but not in this spot.
810ofclubs

EPT Vilamoura!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2010, 02:43:44 PM »

im not a big fan of folding ever really because i want to see the villians cards lol

really cool fold imo

Jake Mfkin Cody lols
Skgv

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2010, 10:07:36 PM »

im not a big fan of folding ever really because i want to see the villians cards lol

really cool fold imo
a big +1
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2010, 10:14:28 PM »

if the dirty nit in question was big charra then snap muck the flop unless ur a bird in which case call, bink a 3 and stack the mug

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2010, 06:23:24 AM »

Your hand is hugely underepped imo, turn bet def needs to be larger so as we can get more in on the river.

On the river some live donks will be bluffing/over valuing binked/repped flushes here, they will be either trying to get value from an ace or bluff you off such holdings, even sometimes a random hope to push you off a random 8.

Im never folding here, and gen wld be only concerned about not getting full value from flushes and similar by not jamming river and just opting 4 the showdown flat of the 6.5k.

His raise isn't because he believes you have a house, it's either because he has a flush or wants to rep 1 imo.

Fistpump snap for me.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: