blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:01:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 302 303 [304] 305 306 307 308 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1423350 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4545 on: February 26, 2014, 03:21:24 PM »

Im a firm no to Palms Place as well. It was like a really poor university dorm last year, wouldn't stay there ever with all the mtt grinders staying there, place full of pot noodles, crates of special brew and smells of weed

I only stayed there in 2008, and I guess that was before it turned into frat flats Cheesy

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4546 on: February 26, 2014, 03:24:02 PM »

I think Vdara is a great option for what you want- id be tempted to move to Wynn/Encore for 4/5 nights if your missus arrives at the end of the trip, nice change of scenary, obviously will be paying up for it but is really nice and definitely a nice morale booster.

Yeh stayed in Wynn 2 years ago. Really nice.

Only heard bad things about palms place. Particularly last year. Stay somewhere nice and get cabs. It's not expensive and it isn't that much of a hassle.

Ok thanks, guess palms is off now. Cabs being 10-20 dollars isn't the bad thing it's the wait, it kills me Cheesy you can always chop taxis with people too, so yeh it's not,going to be expensive at all.

Hope,you're good,mate, didn't see you last weekend.

All good cheers. I saw you 😀 was too starstruck to say hello while you were talking to tomsom!

Well, you were standing at the table behind me but I was in a hand, then you disappeared. I didn't hang around too much after busting the 6max.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #4547 on: February 26, 2014, 03:27:04 PM »

Im a firm no to Palms Place as well. It was like a really poor university dorm last year, wouldn't stay there ever with all the mtt grinders staying there, place full of pot noodles, crates of special brew and smells of weed

I only stayed there in 2008, and I guess that was before it turned into frat flats Cheesy

Rooms themselves are actually quite nice, its the stuff that comes with it- plus a massive point is I think you wanna be away from all other poker players and general negativity around Mtts and Mtters in Vegas
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #4548 on: February 26, 2014, 03:37:55 PM »

Houses shmouses. Hookers and blow yo or in your case steak and bacardi breezers.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4549 on: February 26, 2014, 03:44:21 PM »

Rooms themselves are actually quite nice, its the stuff that comes with it- plus a massive point is I think you wanna be away from all other poker players and general negativity around Mtts and Mtters in Vegas

I liked the rooms and the fact I didn't have to walk for 10 minutes to get a cab!

I was busy doing my best Nicholas Cage impression for the 2 weeks I was staying there though, so didn't catch on to the whole student union bit, and the first time I even saw the pool was when I came to meet Demps that afternoon in 2009.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #4550 on: February 26, 2014, 04:04:54 PM »

Kev Allen stayed in the Vdara last year his room was v nice and didn't seem like too much hassle for him getting to the Rio and back, I think being a tad organised helped him but i'm sure that's no problem for you!

Wynn+Encore is the nicest, if you play plenty in the $5.$10 nl game there (which is pretty good) you'll easy get the poker rate which is $109 p/night weekinghts and $139 p/night weekends (IIRC) so basically $800~ p/ week and those rooms are fantastic, not to mention the card room is lovely as well (and the waitresses and worrrrrrrld!)

Trip sounds good as it is Pads, glgl.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4551 on: February 26, 2014, 04:21:03 PM »

I am all for the 2 or 3 weeks too.  Cash is the way you make your living.  Life feels so much better when you make a profit virtually every week.

Love the Wynn, but can be a bit tilting trying to get fed at meal times on your own.  Breakfast in the buffet and that cafe overlooking the pool always good though.  Love the cardroom too, and even I can win at cash there, and they bring you proper booze when you want a drink.  Like the Aria too, though never actually stayed there (we stayed at the Mandarin Oriental, thin..)

The taxis are going to be way easier in a big hotel than in a villa, so you aren't likely to get a big queue apart from dinner break at the Rio or maybe when you make day 2 (but that doesn't happen much, and sure you'll learn to live with it when you have made day 2). 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #4552 on: February 26, 2014, 04:30:20 PM »

lol I seem to vaguely remember your videos from last year, you seem to be pretty beaten up as time went on or did I dream that up? lol

Deffo think a short stint with your tail up is better, or if you want to do the long haul have a week out in the middle and bugger off to Yosemite or somewhere nice to recharge. You're going a long way, would be a shame only to see Vegas.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #4553 on: February 26, 2014, 04:49:00 PM »

"show me a man Vegas hasn't beaten yet, and I'll show you a man who's only just arrived"

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #4554 on: February 26, 2014, 04:52:46 PM »

"show me a man Vegas hasn't beaten yet, and I'll show you a man who's only just arrived"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Wynn 
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #4555 on: February 26, 2014, 06:50:56 PM »

Definitely think Vdara is the nut spot for you. Couple of years since I've been there but taxi queues were non-existant, certainly nothing like Bellagio etc. Room rates were pretty good too.

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #4556 on: February 26, 2014, 06:51:56 PM »

Would you play any Venetian comps? Palazzo is real nice

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #4557 on: February 26, 2014, 07:19:30 PM »

+1 on Palazzo. Really nice and comfy

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #4558 on: February 26, 2014, 07:32:11 PM »

rooms are v nice there, hate the idea of spending £1 in a sheldon adelson resort though

Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #4559 on: February 26, 2014, 07:38:46 PM »

hate the idea of spending £1 in a sheldon adelson resort though

Have to say I agree. Adelson stance and actions against online poker (gaming in general) are abhorrent imo and I will not be going in his properties in Vegas at the moment.

Pages: 1 ... 300 301 302 303 [304] 305 306 307 308 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: