blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 11:23:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 366 367 368 369 [370] 371 372 373 374 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1421746 times)
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #5535 on: June 09, 2014, 11:39:58 AM »

IM setting up grind plans for Marbella. Were 45 minutes away from Gibraltar so I'm going to the pokerstrategy offices to hopefully get shit done next week.

It's definitely a really close decision, but I'm swerving the main event now, so I'm going to have full solid grinding after Marbella and I think it's important to have a week away and enjoy myself too. I've become very good friends with a.s.e high and European so meeting with them is a big priority too and will be spending a decent amount if time going over 20 of my HHS from this year. Definitely agree with you though.

Are you going btw mate?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #5536 on: June 09, 2014, 11:47:48 AM »

Fair enough, guess if u need a little break you need it. Still you've got plenty of time to meet those guys...etc. I know what I would be doing in your shoes. Good plans on swerving main tho, playing the HR?

Unsure if I'm attending atm, if I do it'll be a last minute job although spencer did offer to give me his flights as hes now flying direct from Ibiza - might not be able to pass up a freebie!

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5537 on: June 09, 2014, 06:11:04 PM »

Whilst I would agree with the idea that people are often blaming luck on there misfortunes when it's actually bad decision making it's kinda silly to say #youmakeyourownluck with regards to being a Poker Pro or a Professional Footballer, esp poker though, it's just not the case.

Could you explain further please, as I don't quite get your point?

I think Ray's point is pretty clear.

Luck can still play a pretty huge factor in poker and one's results. Why do you think Tikay has been playing 1204343 years but still not won an EPT?

FML, Conky nails it.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5538 on: June 09, 2014, 06:25:09 PM »

I'm more than a little out of touch over here in Vegas, doing 24/7 hedonistic poker & writing, but I bumped into Matt Pitt yesterday, & it reminded me to check his latest stuff on PokerNews,& I found this.......

http://uk.pokernews.com/news/2014/06/patrick-leonard-claims-uk-number-one-rank-moves-up-to-third-14196.htm

Many, many, congrats, though I know you won't rest until you are # 1 in both.

You naned this thread "Best in the Business" when it began, just 4 years ago, & although the original first has sadly disappeared, I remember it well. It smacked of arrogance, something many young men are guilty of (most of us at that age, actually).

4 years on, you have talked the talk, & walked the walk. In truly exceptional talent, there is no arrogance, just facts.

I congratulate you, it's quite extraordinary, & a testament to hard work.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #5539 on: June 09, 2014, 09:48:14 PM »

confirmed run over. i just won a flip V pads in the 22cubed.
#claimtofame.
its an easy table actually what with Brammer being to my left as well
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #5540 on: June 10, 2014, 06:14:05 AM »

IM setting up grind plans for Marbella. Were 45 minutes away from Gibraltar so I'm going to the pokerstrategy offices to hopefully get shit done next week.

It's definitely a really close decision, but I'm swerving the main event now, so I'm going to have full solid grinding after Marbella and I think it's important to have a week away and enjoy myself too. I've become very good friends with a.s.e high and European so meeting with them is a big priority too and will be spending a decent amount if time going over 20 of my HHS from this year. Definitely agree with you though.

Are you going btw mate?

Met European in London a year ago for a night out, used to stake me. Nice guy. Enjoy!

Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #5541 on: June 10, 2014, 01:27:32 PM »

Would you not reconsider your trip to Marbella? I mean it will be fun but #1 spot in the world is within reach, however if u go marbs ur deffo gonna fall behind a little. Seems like the nut worst time for a liveament trip where the buyin isn't a great deal to you (great deal aren't the right words but you get what I mean). Personally I would think you'd be a little daft going if you really really want #1 in the world like your saying - that can never be taken away from you - 'at one point I was the highest ranked online tournament player in the world'.

IMO skip marbs and get #1. You've earned it.

Disagree with this completely, although it is obv difficult to make #1 on P5s, its very rarely the actual best MTT player in the world that is #1 on there at any given time.  There is a lot of weight in just sheer volume on it, I think you shouldnt avoid potentially enjoyable life experiences for something like this imho

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
dwayne110

View Profile
« Reply #5542 on: June 10, 2014, 07:53:27 PM »

It must be difficult at any one time to be number one in the world when factoring in (I know, I know) the luck factor. Given the sample size of players putting in similar volume, which I'd guess is rather high, surely in any given month there's always going to be at least one excellent player who just happens to be running ridiculously above the line of positive variance? If anyone knows how the p5s ranking system works that would be useful. It's pretty obvious pads is a ridiculously good player and may well be the best in the world - my question is, does he also need to run ridiculously well in a stars alignment fashion to be the number 1 in the world at ANY point in time?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 07:55:24 PM by dwayne110 » Logged
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #5543 on: June 10, 2014, 07:57:43 PM »

Pads has so long left since the majority of his scores that #1 is just inevitable unless one of the other top guys starts grinding 6 sessions a week then hes a lock. Probs a favorite to get it this week.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #5544 on: June 10, 2014, 08:53:22 PM »

The fact that you've got to number 1 is a great achievement and testament to hard work etc but just do what makes you happy and what you want to do.

The fact you are number 1 doesn't actually mean anything compared to the number of $$$ you are earning.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5545 on: June 10, 2014, 09:03:09 PM »

The fact that you've got to number 1 is a great achievement and testament to hard work etc but just do what makes you happy and what you want to do.

The fact you are number 1 doesn't actually mean anything compared to the number of $$$ you are earning.
Would number 1 in the world be more likely to pick up a sponsorship deal or such like?

Real hope Pads does make it to no1, then he really is BITB.

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
JustinSayne

View Profile
« Reply #5546 on: June 11, 2014, 02:46:22 PM »

To plen I think its the opposite Cheesy He wants the title more than the money!
dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #5547 on: June 11, 2014, 02:54:01 PM »

Little write up on BITB and a hand he played at UKIPT Marbella here (3:20pm post) - http://www.pokerstarsblog.com/tournaments/ukipt/2014/ukipt4-marbella2-day-1a-level-1-updates-149043.shtml
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5548 on: June 11, 2014, 02:58:04 PM »

Little write up on BITB and a hand he played at UKIPT Marbella here (3:20pm post) - http://www.pokerstarsblog.com/tournaments/ukipt/2014/ukipt4-marbella2-day-1a-level-1-updates-149043.shtml

Now that looks like someone who hasn't seen daylight in a long time.

In fact.....

Click to see full-size image.
willrobrobu

View Profile
« Reply #5549 on: June 11, 2014, 03:18:46 PM »

Now that looks like someone who hasn't seen daylight in a long time.

In fact.....

Click to see full-size image.

lol, which one is which?

number 1 on p5s is pretty likely given the rolling nature of the scoring system. u tend to climb for a while after a big score if you continue to grind and get a few reasonable scores after it

http://www.pocketfives.com/faq/#leaderboards-sliding
Pages: 1 ... 366 367 368 369 [370] 371 372 373 374 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: