blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:05:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272604 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 379 380 381 382 [383] 384 385 386 387 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1424906 times)
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #5730 on: September 06, 2014, 04:28:18 PM »

Hasnt he won a wcoop the last 3 years or something? plays all the games, think him going for the max is fine in 3 person rosters, wouldnt be so good in 8 man rosters

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #5731 on: September 06, 2014, 04:38:29 PM »

This is just nl sorry

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #5732 on: September 06, 2014, 04:43:29 PM »

oh, then I agree thats too much, even if he is the goat

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #5733 on: September 06, 2014, 05:12:45 PM »

This is just nl sorry

Oh I see...
Yh you at 19 is defo much better value than him at 48 no doubting that.
Wizowizo another good one :-)

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #5734 on: September 06, 2014, 05:31:02 PM »

yeh wizo was last round of picks so like the max anybody could take him for was like 14. Loads of variance in backing the high stakes guys though, they could just play 30% of events.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #5735 on: September 06, 2014, 05:59:31 PM »

Shaun deeb must be a decent shout?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #5736 on: September 06, 2014, 06:01:52 PM »

I'd imagine he's not in the top 100, perhaps 200 tournament players in the world and I've no idea how much he will grind etc.

Tomorrow its teams of 5, I have a few good ones up my sleeve.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #5737 on: September 06, 2014, 06:27:20 PM »

Forgive my out of touch ignorance, but could you explain this, please?

I'd imagine he's not in the top 100, perhaps 200 tournament players in the world

A year or two ago, I would have thought he was in the top three. Has he not worked at his game or just been overtaken?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #5738 on: September 06, 2014, 08:37:20 PM »

overtaken i guess, he just wont play volume anymore, things change so much.

theres no reason he couldnt get to top 10 in skill in modern mtts if he put his mind to it and grinded for a few months but things change so often. people work hard and i think he spends more time playing mixed games and chinese poker these days. There is really a lot of German, Swedish and Russian guys who grind a lot and are very good.

Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #5739 on: September 06, 2014, 08:42:23 PM »

This is borderline ridiculous, just because someone doesn't play as much or is playing other stuff doesn't mean they automatically drop out the top 200 "best" online sit in front of pc all dayers. Can name a heap of top draw players that don't play £30 tournaments online, have no inclination to do, and don't need to- all of who would be a significant favourite in a big buyin event over anonymous Russian/German/Swedish grinder
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #5740 on: September 06, 2014, 08:45:18 PM »

As much as people would like to pretend pokers a sport it really isn't- not playing for a couple of months isn't the equivalent of a broken leg. It probably takes about 10mins to sit back in and "recover" from
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #5741 on: September 06, 2014, 09:12:26 PM »

People play so exploitively and far away from GTO in tournaments that you really need to know at least the current population tendancies. In high stakes buy ins these guys will also know probably 70% of the field and have lots of stats on them and be able to make important folds/calls with way more information than the "high stakes sicko"

Furthermore, the most important thing by a big big margain is that its hard for people to grind every day till 4am then start again at 2pm the next day, to do this for 3 weeks for a non online player it will be borderline impossible. The Swedish kids with the big hearts who are very well trained for this kind of series will have a huge edge.

Anyway, if you're not playing it probably means you are not studying as well, people may not think that studying is important but to me its the main thing behind success.

100 is a pretty small number too, that didn't even include all the just high stakes cash game players that will almost certainly be as good as he is at tournaments now.

Of course you will know some guys who will be better than the online crushers, but they will be few and far between.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #5742 on: September 06, 2014, 09:17:41 PM »

anyway this isnt a vannessa selbst or bryn kenney, its the guy who called your 4x overshove with 2 pair Cheesy

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #5743 on: September 06, 2014, 09:52:07 PM »

Surely this is a massive variance series to be valuing anyone that highly?

I wouldn't have any worries if I had a stable of players between 100 and 200 in the world, when it's only run over 20 comps. Not inviting a bet on it, obviously, but that's my opinion. Yes, as an outsider mug Cheesy

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
KingPush

View Profile
« Reply #5744 on: September 07, 2014, 04:56:28 PM »

People play so exploitively and far away from GTO in tournaments that you really need to know at least the current population tendancies. In high stakes buy ins these guys will also know probably 70% of the field and have lots of stats on them and be able to make important folds/calls with way more information than the "high stakes sicko"

Furthermore, the most important thing by a big big margain is that its hard for people to grind every day till 4am then start again at 2pm the next day, to do this for 3 weeks for a non online player it will be borderline impossible. The Swedish kids with the big hearts who are very well trained for this kind of series will have a huge edge.

Anyway, if you're not playing it probably means you are not studying as well, people may not think that studying is important but to me its the main thing behind success.

100 is a pretty small number too, that didn't even include all the just high stakes cash game players that will almost certainly be as good as he is at tournaments now.

Of course you will know some guys who will be better than the online crushers, but they will be few and far between.

Interesting. What's your preferred method of studying?
Pages: 1 ... 379 380 381 382 [383] 384 385 386 387 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: