blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:40:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272611 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 380 381 382 383 [384] 385 386 387 388 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1425226 times)
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5745 on: September 07, 2014, 05:01:31 PM »

People play so exploitively and far away from GTO in tournaments that you really need to know at least the current population tendancies. In high stakes buy ins these guys will also know probably 70% of the field and have lots of stats on them and be able to make important folds/calls with way more information than the "high stakes sicko"

Furthermore, the most important thing by a big big margain is that its hard for people to grind every day till 4am then start again at 2pm the next day, to do this for 3 weeks for a non online player it will be borderline impossible. The Swedish kids with the big hearts who are very well trained for this kind of series will have a huge edge.

Anyway, if you're not playing it probably means you are not studying as well, people may not think that studying is important but to me its the main thing behind success.

100 is a pretty small number too, that didn't even include all the just high stakes cash game players that will almost certainly be as good as he is at tournaments now.

Of course you will know some guys who will be better than the online crushers, but they will be few and far between.

Interesting. What's your preferred method of studying?

asking 400 questions per minute after getting in from a club at 4am is his general line of study.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #5746 on: September 07, 2014, 05:31:55 PM »

People play so exploitively and far away from GTO in tournaments that you really need to know at least the current population tendancies. In high stakes buy ins these guys will also know probably 70% of the field and have lots of stats on them and be able to make important folds/calls with way more information than the "high stakes sicko"

Furthermore, the most important thing by a big big margain is that its hard for people to grind every day till 4am then start again at 2pm the next day, to do this for 3 weeks for a non online player it will be borderline impossible. The Swedish kids with the big hearts who are very well trained for this kind of series will have a huge edge.

Anyway, if you're not playing it probably means you are not studying as well, people may not think that studying is important but to me its the main thing behind success.

100 is a pretty small number too, that didn't even include all the just high stakes cash game players that will almost certainly be as good as he is at tournaments now.

Of course you will know some guys who will be better than the online crushers, but they will be few and far between.

I try to do 28 hand histories a week and aim for 100 a month, its ambitious but I know that if I get close to it I will do much more than 99% of other regs.

I really, really respect maybe 4 guys opinions on MTT stuff and I will go to them whenever I cant work out the best answer by myself when I find a tricky spot in a hand history. I have a friend who is very good with 2-15bbs a friend who is very good from 10-30bbs and 2 friends who are great all round players.

Part of being a good player is being a lucky enough person to have friends who are better than you when you're learning.

We often watch eachother when deep and question things after hands, we also all grind at least 4x a week so we get to see new trends, analyse common regulars together and other stuff.

Most will find it boring, but I love it.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
KingPush

View Profile
« Reply #5747 on: September 07, 2014, 06:35:06 PM »

I try to do 28 hand histories a week and aim for 100 a month, its ambitious but I know that if I get close to it I will do much more than 99% of other regs.

I really, really respect maybe 4 guys opinions on MTT stuff and I will go to them whenever I cant work out the best answer by myself when I find a tricky spot in a hand history. I have a friend who is very good with 2-15bbs a friend who is very good from 10-30bbs and 2 friends who are great all round players.

Part of being a good player is being a lucky enough person to have friends who are better than you when you're learning.

We often watch eachother when deep and question things after hands, we also all grind at least 4x a week so we get to see new trends, analyse common regulars together and other stuff.

Most will find it boring, but I love it.

Nah that doesn't sound boring to me at all. Gonna try and start doing this. I try and do some every time before I start playing but obviously they are nowhere near as fun as actually playing and I can get distracted pretty easily. Not sure there is anyway of making them more fun when you're doing them on your own but as you say they are definitely worth it. Do you watch videos and do any other work?
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #5748 on: September 07, 2014, 06:45:39 PM »

Sorry. Posted on the wrong thread
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 06:47:50 PM by Tal » Logged

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #5749 on: September 08, 2014, 05:12:30 PM »

Reasonable day yesterday. Really prepared well and thought I had my a game for most of the session but ironically made money in hypers with 2 finals and lost a lot in the reg speeds. Anyway was roughly even so not too bad.

The fields are so so so so so so big it's so crazy. My friend won a tournament for 13k yesterday when the guarantee for the whole tournament was 10k!

Looking forward to getting home from dinner and getting in the 100r, it's going to be a big field I think.

Tonight is the PLO 6max, the 215r turbo and the 6maz shootout, looking forward.

Watched Argo and Flight over the last couple days, really liked both.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #5750 on: September 09, 2014, 06:07:21 AM »

I've realised this entire wcoop is not about being the best poker player it's about having the best mindset. Tomorrow when I'm sitting next to my opponents on the battlefield (Super Tuesday) I won't mentally say to them over the felt that I will play better than them over the tournament but that I will have a better mindset than them for. 3 weeks of this month.

Incredibly frustrating days day after day will happen, but eventually it will be worth it.

Today had a 4th in 50r and a few other smallish scores.

Decided for rest of month I'm going to play exclusively stars and take off all other sites. Prize pools are way too big at the moment and my screen feels a little off with so many different sites.

Will start later tomorrow because Super Tuesday is at 11pm and second chance at 1am :/

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #5751 on: September 09, 2014, 11:07:44 AM »

good luck Pleno thumbs up

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #5752 on: September 10, 2014, 05:50:39 AM »

Bad day.

Didn't punt any tournament and felt like I had 1 or 2 a-ha moments, started really late as Monster Dong, Andy and I went for dinner/massages before grinding and missed a bunch of tournaments.

Ran it up in both of the 1k/second chance to good stacks, busted both in kinda annoying spots.

1K I open to 505 at 125/250, fishy kinda guy 3bet me to 750 and I peeled AdTd

Flop was JdTc2d

I checked, he bet 1500, I c/r to 3444 and he tank called

The turn was the and jammed 8.5k into 9k, all his one pair hands going to be in so much trouble now, this 9 hits my perceived range so hard and he is literally beating AQdd/ATdd with his 1 pair hands. He had QJ and tank called and lost that really big pot.

In the 530n I had a pretty interesting hand.

Good reg opens, good reg calls, I call JTo

Flop AAT

He bets, other guy folds and I call

Turn 4 gets checked around and the river is the Q.

Feel like its a great card for me to bluff, I should have no bluffs here don't c/r any Ax on the flop and generally my range is way stronger than his. He had A2 though which was annoying as thought it was a good spot. Ended up shoving something pretty random.

Really feel like everything is coming together this WCOOP, even if I brick every day I won't be too dejected I really enjoy playing every day in tougher fields and feel like I am very comfortable right now.

Wish I could speak about some adjustments I've made but its a little bit too much info I guess.

Had my prob most degen 10 minutes of my life in a crazy made up game by Monster Dong losing a bunch in that, but it was pretty fun so whatever.

Tomorrow is the Ante Up and the Heads Up, fun tournaments and something a little different. I'm going to play a full session so really looking forward and my horses are going to rail me so maybe they will pick up a couple of things too. They are really trying very hard, studying a lot, playing very well and getting constant deep runs, I feel like they have the potential to move up stakes quickly and I'm really looking forward to seeing their progression.

theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #5753 on: September 10, 2014, 01:12:13 PM »

I'm going to play a full session so really looking forward and my horses are going to rail me so maybe they will pick up a couple of things too. They are really trying very hard, studying a lot, playing very well and getting constant deep runs, I feel like they have the potential to move up stakes quickly and I'm really looking forward to seeing their progression.

Click to see full-size image.
bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #5754 on: September 10, 2014, 09:09:10 PM »

pads v moorman in round 2 of WCOOP heads up just started

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #5755 on: September 11, 2014, 05:37:23 AM »

Kinda meh day, finished 11th in my last tournament of the day which was 11k up top losing few crucial flips. Nevermind though.

Busted the ante up in a weird spot, I felt like I wasn't comfortable in the format to be honest, just because of being very unsure about ranges, I understand NL very well and what kind of ranges I expect to see with population tendaencies etc but in this format with randoms instead of regs they could turn up with anything.

Won the first round of the heads up against a good opponent then got Moorman in the second round. I folded 3 rivers where I was right at the tip top of my range but he told me afterwards they were good folds. I folded Q3 on a A8633 board against him when he put me all in on the river, was so sick, but he told me afterwards he had A3. Was an interesting match for sure though. Also folded 2 pair against him when he had to have had me beat and a top pair one as well.

Tomorrow is a weird day as it starts at 12pm, its 6am now and I've just finished watching Jarhead 2 (bullshit fwiw) so not sure when I will wake up and play.

Me and Monster Dong were rolfing around really late last night and it was kind of annoying to have a construction company fix my balcony which is around 5 metres from my pillow with drills and axes etc, but it made me get up and go to the gym.

Had a little fun conversation with them, but don't think they understood

Me: "How much longer will you be?"
Driller: "30 minutes"
me: "good luck"
driller: "pardon"
me: "good luck"

#iwillfindyouandiwillkillyou

The 530 6max tomorrow seems exciting, will be looking forward to that.

Also watched a couple more films recently, Argo (7/10) and Flight (7/10) any recommendations for post grind films would be good, I'm usually watching a film and falling asleep every day.

theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #5756 on: September 11, 2014, 05:46:25 AM »

Wolf of Wall Street innit, need to learn how to spend your $$$ properly.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #5757 on: September 11, 2014, 07:22:29 AM »

You earn a million dollars an hour.

Can't you pay these guys off?

(The drilliers I mean, not moorman)

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #5758 on: September 12, 2014, 02:54:03 AM »

Kind of a frustrating day Sad

Came 8/3000 in a progressive knockout. In my favourite tournament the Action Hour 6max I came 11th after I was 1/11 with 3x average, got it in against 2nd pre and he found a good run out..

WCOOP's didn't go good, lost 4 60/40s and then 33 v AT on q37r which has been one of the more brutal ones of late. Cashed the big 109, big55, hot55 and a few others so feel like I'm doing ok, just need to podium one sooner rather than later for a morale boost.

Think I'm going to take tomorrow off, will be nice going to the gym and getting lunch without being in a rush. Will be grinding huge on the weekend, including the 10k highroller. There's one really good steak house here in Budapest, well there are a lot obviously, but one main one that has a really nice cut of Wagyu so I think I'll go and treat myself to that tomorrow for losing all week, it feels cheap in comparison!

Blew up a little bit in chat today for the first time in ages, will try not to do that for the next 3 weeks.

Went to bed and watched Green Street 3, which was predictably poor.

Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5759 on: September 12, 2014, 07:31:23 AM »

Out of interest, how big are the the fields for the wcoops compared to your normal schedule?

Keep grinding.

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
Pages: 1 ... 380 381 382 383 [384] 385 386 387 388 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: