blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:11:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 426 427 428 429 [430] 431 432 433 434 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1424694 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #6435 on: March 31, 2015, 06:54:05 PM »

"Troopers, I just received new orders. Our superiors say the war is cancelled. We can all go home. Bison is getting paid off for his crimes, and our friends who have died here will have died for nothing. But, we can all go home. Meanwhile, ideals like peace, freedom, and justice, they get packed up. But, we can all go home.

Well, I'm not going home. I'm gonna get on my boat, and I'm going up river, and I'm going to kick that son of a bitch Bison's ass so hard that the next Bison wannabe is gonna feel it! Now, who wants to go home... and who wants to go with me?"

- Colonel William F. Guile.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6436 on: March 31, 2015, 07:01:33 PM »

my loving stable, we have been persuaded by some, that are careful of our safety, to take heed how we commit ourselves to armed multitudes, for fear of treachery this Sunday night on PkerStars

but I assure you, I do not desire to live to distrust my faithful and loving people. Let tyrants fear;

I have always so behaved myself that, under God, I have placed my chiefest strength and safeguard in the loyal hearts and good will of my subjects.

And therefore I am come amongst you at this time, not as for my recreation or sport, but being resolved, in the midst and heat of the battle, to live or die amongst you all; to lay down Kings to five bet shoves, for my God, and for my kingdom, and for my people, my honor and my blood, even the dust.

I know I have but the body of a weak and feeble man; but I have the heart of a king, and of a king of England, too; and think foul scorn that Parma or Spain, or any prince of Europe, should dare to invade the borders of my realms: to which, rather than any dishonor should grow by me, I myself will take up arms;

I myself will be your general, judge, and rewarder of every one of your virtues in the field. I know already, by your forwardness, that you have deserved rewards and crowns; and we do assure you, on the word of a prince, they shall be duly paid you. After stakeback.

In the mean my lieutenant general shall be in my stead, than whom never prince commanded a more noble and worthy subject; not doubting by your obedience to my general, by your concord in the camp, and by your valor in the field, we shall shortly have a famous victory over the enemies of my God, of my kingdom, and of my people, and Russian and Indian staking factories

Queen Elizabeth I - 1588

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6437 on: March 31, 2015, 07:10:07 PM »

We shall defend our big blind, whatever the cost may be. We shall float in position. We shall fight pre flop. We shall fight on the flop, we shall fight on the turn, we shall fight on the river. We shall never surrender.

Winston Churchill 19something.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6438 on: March 31, 2015, 07:15:37 PM »

I think, therefore, I am all in.

Descartes

The older I get, the better I was.
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #6439 on: March 31, 2015, 07:22:36 PM »

I think, therefore, I am all in.

Descartes

Winner Cheesy

mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #6440 on: March 31, 2015, 07:30:12 PM »

if our horses feel that they are part of a great stable, and they are prepared to will the means to keep it great, a great stable we shall be, and shall remain.......

To those waiting with bated breath for that favourite media catch phase, the 'bet/fold the turn', I have only one thing to say. "You bet/fold if you want to. This pleno is not for folding. I say that not only to you, but to our friends overseas, and those regs who are not our friends.

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #6441 on: March 31, 2015, 07:46:16 PM »

My name is Padius Rediculously Goodius
Commander of the horses of the North East
General of the Hungarian legions
Loyal servant to the true emperor, Daniel
Father to a murdered float
Husband to a murdered stack
And I will have my vengeance in this comp or the next
Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #6442 on: March 31, 2015, 07:49:17 PM »

Gentlemen, hear me! It is true, what many of you have heard. The enemy have gathered an army and as I speak, that army is drawing nearer to our roll.

Believe me when I say we have a difficult time ahead of us. But if we are to be prepared for it, we must first shed our fear of it. I stand here, before you now, truthfully, unafraid.

Why? Because I believe something you do not?

No, I stand here without fear because I remember. I remember that I am here not because of the path that lies before me but because of the path that lies behind me. I remember that for a year I have fought these enemies. I remember that for a year they have sent their armies to destroy me, and after a year of war I remember that which matters most...I AM STILL HERE!

Today, let us send a message to that army. Tonight, let us shake this Server. Tonight, let us tremble these tables of earth, steel, and stone, let us be heard from red core to black sky. Tonight, let us make them remember, THIS IS PADS' STABLE AND WE ARE NOT AFRAID!

First they came for the nits, and I did not speak out because I was not a nit
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #6443 on: March 31, 2015, 09:02:23 PM »

There's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your Sunday session. By the way, is there anyone on this table who knows how to play aces?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #6444 on: April 01, 2015, 01:28:11 AM »

This is my house, I have to defend it!

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
DrDreh
RehK47

The Rehfish

View Profile
« Reply #6445 on: April 01, 2015, 04:23:33 AM »

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for a cold 4, I can tell you, I don't have many chips. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let your hand go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will sharkscope you, I will 5bet you, and I will stack you.

a law student at nottingham university, rehman is indeed terrible
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #6446 on: April 01, 2015, 04:55:14 AM »

hahaha vg

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #6447 on: April 06, 2015, 08:14:32 AM »

Weird Sunday.

I played really, really good for the first 5 hours then made a huge mistake. It was the last hand of day 1 on SCOOP.fr I opened KTo UTG, btn 3bet me off a huge stack. I was around 10/120. I 4bet as it was a great spot to 3bet for him but thought he'd calm down after I 4bet. But no he instantly click 5bet and I didn't even think, I just said fuck this guy and went all in and he had aces. Lots of times I may say fuck this guy etc but generally whatever I'm doing I have very good reason.

Throughout the session I had lots of deep cashes, cashed 3 SCOOPs, lots of turbos etc. Ended up coming 3rd in the Brawl for around 15k with bounties etc, felt good to get a decent winning Sunday relatively early into the session.

My last tournament was the 100r, I was in the money and played a hand where I tried to be too tricky.

MP opened, JDTJ peeled co and I peeled bb with Ah9c, flop was 8h8c4h and mp bet and jt called. I called with mischieveious plans. The turn was the 884hhx2 and it checked to JT this time who bet 11k, I c/r to 24k to put him in a very awkward spot with around 30k left. He called.  The river was the and I just basically instantly jammed. I had rivered top pair now, was I bluffing? Was I value betting? Was it a merge? wtf was it? He actually had KQhh and ironically I was ahead the whole way. Was just frustrated I didn't think in those 2 spots for 5 seconds. I really feel like in any spot I can work out whats going on, but whats the point of having a skill if I don't use it all the time.

Pretty frustrating.

Happy to have a good winning Sunday just frustrating to make these 2 mistakes, it may seem self critical but I think its really important to be so critical with yourself if you strive for greatness.

Had a really oood coaching session this week with the horses and in general they've been doing really good and everybody is improving every week. Ray had a heartbreaking 9th in the bigger 55 where he was coolered, but one of our guys won the bigger 22 and Gil is currently HU in 888 megadeep with 35k ftw.

My plan for this week is to be as healthy as possible and get into a good routine. I won't eat any sweets, chocolates, sodas for the next 2 months. I'm going to try really hard.

It's nice to have a big poker and life goal for this week. Will report back.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #6448 on: April 06, 2015, 08:19:09 AM »

Message to horses pre grind today.

https://twitter.com/plenopads/status/584520181743034369/photo/1

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #6449 on: April 06, 2015, 10:18:49 PM »

Patrick Leonard @plenopads  ยท  3m 3 minutes ago
Going to start twitching from tomorrow. Watch me to find the official slowroll list and the secret behind when to press all in on full tilt

Pages: 1 ... 426 427 428 429 [430] 431 432 433 434 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: