blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:58:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 428 429 430 431 [432] 433 434 435 436 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1424585 times)
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6465 on: April 11, 2015, 01:02:03 AM »

I've seen one reference to it. I think it's ok. Maybe if he's trying to contact the person through other ways and not getting a response, then mentioning on a forum where that person might see it, seems fair.

It's better than say oi, xxxx you *****, contact me.

It could be me Smiley

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6466 on: April 11, 2015, 08:39:09 AM »

Guys,

Can we be a little careful in what we say about this matter, please.

I know it is said in jest, but for those not following the tale on Fred, & seeing stuff out of context, some really damaging & wholly incorrect insinuations are being made.

We have removed one post, & another which quoted it. It named someone who has nothing whatsoever to do with it, & who cares about his unblemished reputation.

Thanks.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #6467 on: April 11, 2015, 10:40:18 AM »

Guys,

I know it is said in jest, but for those not following the tale on Fred, & seeing stuff out of context, some really damaging & wholly incorrect insinuations are being made.

We have removed one post, & another which quoted it. It named someone who has nothing whatsoever to do with it, & who cares about his unblemished reputation.

Thanks.

ps its not me

fyp

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
PathFinder

@AWI_POKER

View Profile
« Reply #6468 on: April 11, 2015, 12:27:33 PM »

The Best In The Bitchiness.

Amiright guys lolz!

Cool
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #6469 on: April 11, 2015, 11:31:39 PM »

Guys,

Thanks.

ps its not me

fyp

Laughed out loud, fucking brill
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #6470 on: April 11, 2015, 11:33:02 PM »

Big shout out to gil3000 who just consistently crushes and is up over 120k this year.

Same guy who said he suffered a 500bi downswing last year? Huge huge huge props to this.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #6471 on: April 12, 2015, 12:23:55 AM »

Big shout out to gil3000 who just consistently crushes and is up over 120k this year.

Same guy who said he suffered a 500bi downswing last year? Huge huge huge props to this.

yeh we worked super hard together and he is probably one of if not the most hard working mid stakes grinders out there. should be an inspiration to any up and coming player. if anybody ever asks me for a recommendation for a coach i say him.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #6472 on: April 12, 2015, 12:24:28 AM »

regarding the accusations etc sorry, i just was writing what was on my mind. didn't mean anything bad to come of it. apologies.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #6473 on: April 12, 2015, 12:33:47 AM »

mtts were pretty funny today, usually i have lots of stars tables and i give them focus and just ignore the other sites and autopilot. today stars was gg and the only table i had there for 5 hours was the 109r. eventually chopped that even hu for 8.5k with a slightly smaller stack than tollgate.

didn't play many tables elsewhere but grinded a few big stacks. in the benjamin i had 20k when average was 6k, got down to 12k then started to gamble to get back to 20k. in the past i wouldn't admit that kind of thing publicly, but i think its important i do if i want to eradicate it completely.

made day 2 in winamax and .fr which i think (hope) are both tomorrow? with OK stacks

tomorrow is pretty crazy day, 888 whale, winamax 1k 6max, .fr scoop main event. unfortunately can't play americas cardamom 540 because i use a mac.

big weekend for the stable too, hopefully we do well.

pretty wild night last night, i know it may not seem it when I'm telling tonka to go **** himself on 2p2 at 5am, but it was v rowdy night.

gl all <3

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #6474 on: April 12, 2015, 06:59:54 PM »

Seriously. This constant use of the word "super" is becoming a problem!

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #6475 on: April 13, 2015, 07:25:42 AM »

Today was so depressing. Not because I ran bad, not because I lost a bunch of big stacks, not because variance fucked me. It was all down to myself, after 3 hours I was playing so bad, punting, stationing, just playing truly awful Sad I was going to the bathroom every hour and I could barely look at myself in the mirror. Now I know that sounds so ridiculous, I just really, really live for Sunday. Half way through my session I was telling myself that by Tuesday I'm already going to be looking forward to Sunday but we're not even 1/3 of the way through my session and I'm acting like it was all over.

I always start off badly, it takes me a while to get into my A game, a while to really start crushing, not making mistakes etc. I regained some composure and finished SCOOP main low with 150k coming back on Tuesday and more importantly came 2nd in the Sunday 6max on .fr which is my top 3 tournaments on Sunday. I ran really well in the last 2 tables I won ako vs aks vs Monsterdong who is a very, very good friend of mine and really didn't want to win like that at all. I had played awful all session and then I got lucky with ak vs ak, I really didn't deserve it. On the final table I lost 7/8 flips but I was actually happy about it. I had been down to 2000 chips and span up ridicuously, I really do feel a lot of the time like I have a right to win, like fuck these guys who just turn up, its not fair if THEY win and I don't, but here I didn't want to win. I had played very poorly and I wasn't a rightful winner by any means.

Yesterday was so different. I won the 109r and I thought it was probably the best tournament I've ever played.

I started the day pondering between eating something outside and going to the gym and starting later or just getting into it. I'm sad to say I chose to play but for some reason I really wanted to do well. I think this was either the first or second hand of my entire session..

http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/13921053_3983774889

I snap folded the flop within 2 seconds, I just knew it was the right thing to do. Today at the start of my session I wouldn't have. I would have found an excuse. I actually spent 900 on the 109r today. I made bad decisions, bad bluffs, bad calls etc. I don't think this is a flop anybody would really attack so early. I can't think of many hands he would choose to just go nutzho with. I had jdjt on my table and I 3bet a fish and he 4bet me and I just instantly folded JJ. Today I would never have done that I would have talked myself into it. Like I said in that speech the other day, this game is all about inches. We find our edge from making small decisions that add up. If you make 4/5 mistakes then its so so costly.

This is the next hand from the same tournament thats pretty interesting.

http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/13922529_ECBD08EE10

I would previously play this differently. Perhaps r/f flop. Perhaps bet bigger ott, perhaps check turn/decide river. But in this scenario I think my range plays slightly better by betting smaller. I'm going to go out and say now that I think the trend in tournaments will be to bet very small in certain situations. Not small like this, but smaller. Like 4bet to 19bbs pre flop and then bet 1-3bbs on the flop. When SPR isn't a huge concern its pretty interesting. We actually get a surprising number of folds when we bet this small and people really struggle to defend enough of their range.

Examples of ways where you can exploit people..

We raise pre flop, bb defends. We cbet 20% pot. Lets say the flop is 933r When our opponent gets to this flop he has to start defending all Q highs, J highs (80% right?) etc and in reality people just don't do it. But lets say people do defend correctly and then we pot the turn (have to defend 50% of their range vs our turn bet) then on almost any board they are going to be making a big mistake against us as its really difficult to continue. Defending from the BB is the new trend, everybody knows how to "defend" but do they really? What exactly is their game plan? And are people doing enough to adjust? I think if we cbet 100% of flops with a 20% bet size and then 100% turn bet size + frequency then its just going to be so difficult for 90% of regs to compete with our strategy, nevermind all of the different things we can do on the river. This is just a basic idea (small flop/big turn) you can think really complex on different things that may work well, 20%, 20%, 130%, its extremely difficult for villains to range construct well enough to defend all three streets optimally.

I just see everybody scrolling to have pot and then adding a bit if they are weak or taking a little bit off if they are strong, checking back all their top pairs, never barreling at all on certain textures. It just seems so easy to play against? Play about with it, its fun! Try different sizes and do some proper hand analysis and see how much your opponent has to defend optimally vs your sizings. A lot of guys who "crush" cbet super high. One of the top 10 players in the world cbets 94% over a large sample, cash game players may look at that and think jfc lolmtters, but if you can manipulate certain stack sizes, understand how to adjust your sizes to textures and work out which opponents folds to your 20/20/130 and which fold to you 20/80/75 then you can really have such a huge edge imo.

Anyway moving on the next hand was

Not trying to brag here, this was a very tough turn call though. Its very hard for him to just have pure air here, but had some read which I won't go into here. More of just a fun hand Cheesy

http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/13923322_C90E04C5B6

The last hand for now is very interesting too. I actually think I got it just about right here, but at the time I was very unsure on the best sizing.

http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/13923890_A59F9D66E7

I think he's probably overcalling river abit. I think he should call when he has a diamond in his hand and fold without, it would probably be better to call with a7 here than with aj/aq though as he doesnt block those missed draws as much. If I'm valuebetting 8/9x+ for value I really do have ALOT of combos when I defend here from the bb.

Horses did well again today, we had a win in the hot 16.50  for 15k and a SCOOP final table for 15k as well.

I leave for Monaco in exactly 2 weeks and stay there until the day before SCOOP where I will take very little time off and then the day that SCOOP finishes I am supposed to be flying to Vegas the very next day. Maybe it all proves a little too hectic for me, I'm not quite sure, definitely keeping my options open though.

Tomorrow I have to grind as I will play SCOOP Main event (high) and try and get a stack through to day 2. Tuesday I will try to stream SCOOP/Super Tuesday/888 and whatever else but having a few technology problems. Will let you know if that changes though.

Just watched the first 4 episodes (leaked) of game of thrones. Won't say anything for spoiler value but was somewhat underwhelmed, maybe I was just too tired when I watched though.. Will watch again over next week or so, have been watching Better Call Saul and love that so far!

gn all <3

« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 07:31:10 AM by pleno1 » Logged

UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #6476 on: April 13, 2015, 10:40:01 AM »

Which site did you watch the leaked episodes on?
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #6477 on: April 14, 2015, 03:05:02 AM »

Felt a lot happier with my play today. Woke up after only 3 hours sleep as I promised my horses I'd coach them. Had a really nice session with them and then, well there wasn't much else to do so started to grind Cheesy Had lot of deep runs, final tabled the 250 6max on .fr, 12th in the 320 6max .com, deep in 109c etc. Strangely decided to reg the weekly 530 omaha as I felt really good and ended up chopping it for $15k.  Played a very high VPIP and was very interesting. May post some hands if anybody is interested?

Unfortunately lost 300k stack in winamax main which would have been top 10 tomorrow for day 2, but sitll have 60k or so to spin. Busted the SCOOP Main with A3dd on j9tddd against TT in 4bet pot. But its cool, not moaning about today obviously.

Tomorrow will try and go to the gym/eat well before the huggggge grind.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #6478 on: April 14, 2015, 03:21:10 AM »

Hands from today..

1- http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/13956976_0138500279

Interessssssting play buddy!

2- http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/13956853_70EBD18EA5

Perhaps the most ridiculous hand I've ever played. I really take a lot of notes against fish as they usually have the same type of lines. This guy I had b/c flop, lead/call turn, jam river with low spr with missed fd. So when this happened I took a deep breath and went with my gut Smiley

3- http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/13955910_43702562D5

Interesting spot, I like it. Relatively face up here what I'm trying to do, difficult for villain to call the 3rd street. I have to have suited broadways with bdfd that I 1) didnt 3bet pre and 2) chose to lead flop with

Another fun .fr hand vs reg CheesyCheesy

http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/13592325_BB39F24827

Plo hands..

1) http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/13956717_3E1CF9A1D9

Probably a fold pre. Turn felt really close. I'm obviously folding to a jam, but feels tough for him to continue without a full house close to the money

2)  http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/13957306_6971BDEC17

Feels like a mandatory triple?

3) http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/13958391_A57A007387

Disgusting turn spot. WTF am I supposed to do, I think this is the one hand I was really lose in. I think the thing I eventually did was the worst choice on reflection

4) http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/13958945_6E45FA8462

Felt like his sizing wasn't JT heavy although perhaps he is balanced etc. Feels like I get to the river with more JT than he does, assuming hes 3betting KJTA/KJTQ, KJT7/2 raise flop I guess.

5) http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/13959248_67C4AB5C67

Maybe I'm getting too creative, but seems great hand to c/r flop with the icm pressure (final table) and then on the turn I felt he would fold if he didnt pick up spades. On the river I felt like he could still fold kqt and I expected no slowplays on the flop from him and board ran out pretty great.

Any thoughts? I played another 10 or so very interesting PLO pots, I really enjoyed it!

Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #6479 on: April 14, 2015, 10:05:46 AM »

I agree about hand three. Think its far better to allow villain to bluff as his value calling range is so very narrow with the bottom set blocker. Plus he doesn't have any draws so he should be more inclined to bet with the spr as it is and we're pretty underepped when we check, def get more value out of QQxx and KKxx when we check, and lose less vs JTxx 
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 10:11:30 AM by Pinchop73 » Logged

First they came for the nits, and I did not speak out because I was not a nit
Pages: 1 ... 428 429 430 431 [432] 433 434 435 436 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: