blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:57:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 427 428 429 430 [431] 432 433 434 435 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1424691 times)
UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #6450 on: April 06, 2015, 10:49:14 PM »

Look forward to it!
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #6451 on: April 07, 2015, 03:23:00 AM »

Good day today, started grinding really late, probably the latest I've started a sessions. Pure bubbled the 215 turbo but was really happy as previously I think I was breakeven/bad in turbos but I've worked on them a lot over last 2 months. Got to the ft of the 109r turbo as 1/9 but finished 8th, didn't make any mistakes but felt a little bad.

1 tabled the TREX all the way to victory. Really enjoyed playing it, probably the best I've ever played HU in tournament. I always deal HU in tournaments or 3/4 handed, but I don't know why but I felt like I just needed to battle this one out. Really enjoyed playing it.

Going to watch 3 videos now and then sleep. Tuesday is a big day.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
dwayne110

View Profile
« Reply #6452 on: April 07, 2015, 04:55:46 PM »

Hi pads

What would you recommend In terms of MTT videos to watch For mid-late stage strategy? Thin brag, but made 2 FTs yesterday, yet had a nagging feeling I could have placed higher in each (was 3rd and 6th). I'm pretty sure I surrendered spots/didn't apply enough pressure in marginal situations to gain a sufficient stack for top 1 or 2 spots. Anything u might be able to recommend would be appreciated.

Cheers
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #6453 on: April 10, 2015, 04:14:50 AM »

Throughout career have always thought about the glory bluffs, the 200bb jams on the river, the check raises, the triple check raises! Over the last week I've basically only thought about shallow stacks, I really have loved thinking about them and playing them. I used to skip turbos, I think in this exact blog I posted that I'd never play a turbo again Cheesy:D

Anyway today came 14th in hot 75, 11th in 215 turbo and then chopped the hot 44 hu for 7.5k when I was short stack against a good reg which felt good.

Hand 1  http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/13870396_10B14E1C3E

Q high call vs huge river shove. Smiley

Hand 2 http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/13867903_1A68087349

Failed bluff in 109r, this is on the exact pure bubble. I don't mind my play. Think its a spot he's got to sigh fold alot. I obviously get to the river with ALOT OF BLUFFS. Minces in this 109r is like 650 though so its a huge consideration for him.

Hand 3 http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/13865787_8FD0E951A4

Like turn lead here, he will check back ak on lots of run outs, AQ especially, but they get stubborn vs the lead

Hand 4  http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/13899365_E8F9D247A3

Fun hand vs lookoutdudes. people think they can only jam/fold here in turbos. definitely not the case.

Hand 5 http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/13853293_EC616E3916

Hate villains call here, won't call him out, but super clear fold imo. but i jammed because of who it was.

Spent yesterday at the gym with prosky/european/ben and then played fifa and casually watched horses etc together. Was pretty fun. Its nice having people around who drive and push you on but also are really supportive to what you do too, I like it. I'm thinking of cancelling vegas to stay in Budapest this summer, but really unsure.

Going to play the 50k turbo in Monaco which I'm looking forward to. One downside is that its on a Sunday. I'm staying in Monaco with Carster he's very very good, especially at cap and shallow stack games, so looking forward to chatting to him a lot too.

Somebody asked me earlier what else do I like to do besides poker. And I was like errrrrrrrrrrrrr, kind of embarrassing/regretful that poker is really such a big thing in my life. I'd really say it consumes like 95% of everything I do/think about/want to do/am interested in. It is good to have balance, I know that, its just tough you know? I really am envious of people who live in areas where there's no other poker players and people don't even know what poker is. I'm surrounded, well I've surrounded myself with poker players. I know its my choice, I'm really happy about it and understand that its a big ingredient to my success. It's just tough you know? Like if I want to play football matches are on a Sunday, most "muggles" work midweek then go out on the weekend etc, my 2 days off are Wednesday/Friday.

Update on our stable is really really great news, every single one of our guys is crushing really hard, they all come to our coaching and I really believe our coaching is the best for MTT's out there on any site/stable etc. Most of them will be gradually moving up stakes and its exciting to see guys we've developed from small stakes small winners to high stakes crushers. Big shout out to gil3000 who just consistently crushes and is up over 120k this year. We're starting a "small stakes stable" which will have 10-20 guys playing smaller stakes and gil3000 will be running it and coaching them and helping bring through people to the "main" stable. Really happy how thats going. In other news I made an investment with a forum member that I'm really unhappy about and I think is very suspicious and very possibly scummy. Hoping its not the case though, will give it a couple of weeks to sort itself out before posting anything though.

Lastly, downloaded spotify today instead of using youtube, way preferred it. Listened to "Whatever people say I am, that is what I'm not" which was my favourite album for 2 years when I was at uni. I think having something you're comfortable with is really good rather than listening to new music, maybe just for me, I'm not sure.

Sorry for all the rambling anyway! Good night xo

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #6454 on: April 10, 2015, 01:43:52 PM »

I would be interested to know from an educational point of view; Why hand 1 is a good call against a river shove, But hand 5 is a terrible call?

Been sitting at work, thinking about it and just drawing a blank!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 01:47:28 PM by UgotNuts » Logged
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #6455 on: April 10, 2015, 02:24:45 PM »

Hand one he reps pretty narrow when he shoves the river having checked on a board with infinite draws out there, 2x flush draws and plenty of straight draws. His bet is really polarising and he is somewhat weighted against 2prs as he probably wouldn't raise all combos 86/k8s/a3/a8 as most people play a limping strategy from the small blind. Also why would he jam for value into someone who has also checked back on the turn on a ridiculously scary board and because of this has a really weak range.

Hand 5, name a single hand he can beat apart from JT/KT/TT, and I'd imagine KT checks although the showdown value it has a bit questionable.

QJo open/peel 3b seems bad Sad

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6456 on: April 10, 2015, 02:33:52 PM »

stop thinking about cancelling vegas ffs  idiot
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #6457 on: April 10, 2015, 03:14:10 PM »

Can't fold qj getting 3-1 Pre flop.

Hand 5 is bad because I just don't have any bluffs you can't just think "lol top pair big pot call" got to out me on some kind of range and I need to get to the river and be bluffing all kj/jt which I kikely won't be. Hand 1 he just doesn't rep anything.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #6458 on: April 10, 2015, 03:15:23 PM »

When you bluff you gotta tell a story. Hand 5 in telling a convincing story of qx (because I have it) and in hand 1 he's missed out all the chapters in the middle...

UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #6459 on: April 10, 2015, 03:42:24 PM »

Hand one he reps pretty narrow when he shoves the river having checked on a board with infinite draws out there, 2x flush draws and plenty of straight draws. His bet is really polarising and he is somewhat weighted against 2prs as he probably wouldn't raise all combos 86/k8s/a3/a8 as most people play a limping strategy from the small blind. Also why would he jam for value into someone who has also checked back on the turn on a ridiculously scary board and because of this has a really weak range.

Hand 5, name a single hand he can beat apart from JT/KT/TT, and I'd imagine KT checks although the showdown value it has a bit questionable.

QJo open/peel 3b seems bad Sad

Fair points- Personally I feel the shove from the guy in hand 1 is really bad. I come across people who jam rivers with a rivered pair which the hand playing out like this a good percentage of times, not sure why they shove but they do.

I think the shove in Hand 5 is fairly polarizing also, he could also beat missed flush draws and just stone wall bluffs and blow ups in the spot too. I gather Pads shoved for value in this spot?

UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #6460 on: April 10, 2015, 05:10:30 PM »

When you bluff you gotta tell a story. Hand 5 in telling a convincing story of qx (because I have it) and in hand 1 he's missed out all the chapters in the middle...

Do a lot of players check back Qx hands on the turn there? Its quite a scary draw heavy board, but I agree after you get your shove called on the river, it should be better than top pair a very high percentage of the time. You mentioned you've got history with the player so you knew you could shove for value I guess.

I hope I don't come across as questioning your play, cause I'm far from doing that, just interesting to learn the thinking behind these spots.

Thanks for responding :-)
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6461 on: April 10, 2015, 05:25:18 PM »

I don't think that thinking about and doing poker 95% is really that bad.

If you had a business, say like a restaurant, that you owned, and had staff and all the other stuff that goes with running a business, then you would probably spend close to 95% of your life concentrating on that too.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
dwayne110

View Profile
« Reply #6462 on: April 10, 2015, 07:59:08 PM »

Errrrr hem... lol

Presuming your video resources is TMI to give away freely?

Nowt wrong with the time you spend on poker fwiw, your mindset should be 'I'm going to milk this cash cow for as long as I need / while it's there / because it'd be incredibly difficult to earn comparative amounts in other walks of life'

To use a football euphemism, a consummate footy pro is going to concentrate all his powers/energy into his prime years while he can (your man Henderson a great example; Gary Neville maybe the best). You really do not know where poker will be in five years, or if you will still be at the pinnacle then, so maximise your current situation - the money to make now will give you choices in the future, whether they be in or outside of poker.
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #6463 on: April 11, 2015, 12:26:25 AM »

I think you should give the mystery someone has wronged me references a rest.  It is literally tilting the life out of me. You clearly have said persons details to raise with them. By puting random insinuations on a forum many people start guessing and that's not useful. People are doing constant business on here so insinuating someone can't be trusted impacts the legitimate folk. Out when you want to out someone but give the cryptic stuff a rest I think.

Also wp, read this diary and constantly inspiring, just bit above I find a bit off.

Ps it is not me
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #6464 on: April 11, 2015, 12:46:26 AM »

What Chris said.

What's with the stirring?

Ps its not me either
Pages: 1 ... 427 428 429 430 [431] 432 433 434 435 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: