blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:07:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 559 560 561 562 [563] 564 565 566 567 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1424590 times)
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8430 on: February 27, 2017, 03:13:33 PM »

Announced a cool new promo exclusively for our guys relay.

@everyone We are going to be running a fun promotion over the next six months leading upto the Pokerstars Championship in Barcelona, details of which you can find here :

http://www.pokerstarslive.com/champi...nts/barcelona/

On the first Tuesday of every month there will be a private bitB MTT on Pokerstars in the home games section (club id is xxxxxx and invitation code is xxxxxxxxx$.

The dates will be :

07/03/17
04/04/17
02/05/17
06/06/17
04/07/17
01/08/17

They will all start at 19:00 CET and will be played on stake.

The points system will work as follows :

1 point - Participating
3 points - FT
5 points - 3rd
10 points - 2nd
15 points - winner

The prizes will be as follows :

Each monthly winner gets a free session with James

Overall winner gets a package for EPT barca (100% of bi €5300 for 50% of profits + flights & hotel)
Overall 2nd place gets package for ESPT barce (100% of bi €1100 for 50% of profits + flights & hotel)
Overall 3rd place gets a freeroll into espt 100% of €1100 bi for 50% of profits
Overall 4th place gets freeroll into espt 100% of €1100 bi for 50% of profits
Overall 5th place gets freeroll into espt 100% of €1100 bi for 50% of profits

We will be planning another big trip for this event like last year, may as well get there for free

Good luck all.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8431 on: February 27, 2017, 03:13:56 PM »

Would be really easy to say, I played amazing yesterday and ran really bad. Final table party 530 reg made really bad r/c and won the all in for the chip lead and lost big flips everywhere all night.

Truth is though, despite losing those important flips, I played pretty bad, probably worst performance in a long time, 2017 at least. I've been ill the last few days and should have just taken the day off. Probably played C- game, stuff like calling 3bets co vs sb with 99 50bbs deep and then calling flop/turn on T238 and some other auto piloting mistakes.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8432 on: February 27, 2017, 03:14:27 PM »

And this was yesterday :/

Click to see full-size image.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8433 on: February 27, 2017, 03:15:26 PM »

Alright thats everything, any posts here we will add $ to the charity giving at the end of the year too.

Any comments/questions/anything else welcome, will check around and answer as soon as i can Smiley

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #8434 on: February 27, 2017, 03:16:02 PM »

Some "behind the scenes" on how we operate/our model.

Fascinating insight pads, thanks for sharing. As a fish who works in consulting I find the business process more interesting than the poker...

We developed a system last year where we have 14 tiers in the stable. Each tier has the same games allowed to be played, tier 1 is playing epts, suoer Tuesday every week etc and tier 14 is playing micro stakes. We generally don't take anybody on under tier 11 but if we get an amazing application from somebody super smart with no experience etc then we may give them a whirl in tier 14, but it's extremely rare.

So who is playing in tiers 12 to 14? Players who have slipped back from levels 9 to 11 but who you feel have significant potential?

And how do you apply the Pareto principle and EV to determining the optimum stable size? Have you run any models to forecast the impact on corporate ROI if you culled everyone below level 7 for instance?
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #8435 on: February 27, 2017, 03:18:23 PM »

Fascinating insight pads, thanks for sharing.

Heh, in the time it takes me to post a couple of questions four more pages appear! Feel free to ignore if it's already been answered.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8436 on: February 27, 2017, 03:23:45 PM »

Some "behind the scenes" on how we operate/our model.

Fascinating insight pads, thanks for sharing. As a fish who works in consulting I find the business process more interesting than the poker...

thanks mate

thats why i made the new thread, right now business is kind of more of a learning thing to me than poker. I'm playing poker one day a week and the rest of the time is mostly on trying to improve/learn business.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8437 on: February 27, 2017, 03:29:31 PM »

We developed a system last year where we have 14 tiers in the stable. Each tier has the same games allowed to be played, tier 1 is playing epts, suoer Tuesday every week etc and tier 14 is playing micro stakes. We generally don't take anybody on under tier 11 but if we get an amazing application from somebody super smart with no experience etc then we may give them a whirl in tier 14, but it's extremely rare.

So who is playing in tiers 12 to 14? Players who have slipped back from levels 9 to 11 but who you feel have significant potential?

And how do you apply the Pareto principle and EV to determining the optimum stable size? Have you run any models to forecast the impact on corporate ROI if you culled everyone below level 7 for instance?

We have the tiers there for potential candidates who just spark our interest for whatever way, maybe they just seem super smart but have no experience in poker, putting them on a tier 14 schedule, letting them soak up all our content and see where they get themselves in 3 months is probably going to be pretty high ev. Lets say 1 in 20 times they become a $20k badger, 1 in 20 times a $50k badger and 1 in 20 times a $200k badger etc theres very little risk on the other side, especially in the grand scheme of things. We will have to drop badgers in $50+k makeup at some point, tiers 12-14 would never accure more than say $5k makeup, and the upside is huge.

Stable size is actually something we haven't really gotten into yet, but its high on the agenda. Last year we started with say 10 or so guys and the whole goal was just GET AS BIG AS POSSIBLE BUT ONLY WITH VERY HIGH QUALITY GUYS. Once we got to this stage, we now have to start thinking about the next 12/24/36 months. At times we can have 10+% of people in a field which really isn't ideal and hurts some peoples ev etc.

Although we work a lot online, we've committed to doing more F2F important meetings every quarter or so. This year we are going to take 3-5 days in London, all the guys will fly here (management) from Finland/Germany etc and we will hire a meeting room in some offices in London, go over very important topics, make agreements etc, and then have a corporate day out at the Arsenal vs Man City game. This meeting is where we will discuss a lot about how we should move forward in terms of size, or what other ventures we want to focus on.

Will post all about it in here ofc Smiley

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #8438 on: February 27, 2017, 04:03:18 PM »

Hey Pads

Did you ever get the volume sorted on your free video.  I tried watching at home, and could barely hear it.  Not sure if it was my crappy pc or it was a general problem. 

Fwiw my laptop is worse.  Damn thing has lasted too long and though it works, it doesn't work with all websites/software.  I am going to upgrade really soon, so that might solve the problem above.

Cheers

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8439 on: February 27, 2017, 04:07:49 PM »

Hey mate

Yeah there was some problem with the volume, it works well with headphones (better at least!)

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #8440 on: February 27, 2017, 05:05:48 PM »

Asked this question..

6000 runners in last weeks Sunday million

How many:

Virgins
Murderers
People who think they are genuinely the best player in the tournament
People who think they are genuinely in top 100 in field
Haven't showered that day

Interested what Blonde thinks too!

I'll have a crack.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #8441 on: February 27, 2017, 05:14:19 PM »

Asked this question..

6000 runners in last weeks Sunday million

How many:

Virgins
Murderers
People who think they are genuinely the best player in the tournament
People who think they are genuinely in top 100 in field
Haven't showered that day

Interested what Blonde thinks too!

tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #8442 on: February 27, 2017, 07:39:06 PM »

Good to see you back posting
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #8443 on: February 27, 2017, 08:35:00 PM »

Amazing attention to detail Pads in your business.  No wonder it is a success compared to numerous other staking 'enterprises' which were run on the back of a postage stamp effectively.  Lovely read that was.  thanks for posting.  Enjoyed it.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8444 on: February 28, 2017, 10:34:44 AM »

Amazing attention to detail Pads in your business.  No wonder it is a success compared to numerous other staking 'enterprises' which were run on the back of a postage stamp effectively.  Lovely read that was.  thanks for posting.  Enjoyed it.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Pages: 1 ... 559 560 561 562 [563] 564 565 566 567 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: