blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:36:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1416431 times)
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: October 30, 2011, 11:26:12 AM »

LOL, I read your post, then thought, hmmm, I wonder if that is.... So I checked on fb, and sure enough, it is!! LOL, def gonna go and ask his thinking... sort of!
name names or it didnt happen!

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: October 30, 2011, 11:28:03 AM »

LOL, I read your post, then thought, hmmm, I wonder if that is.... So I checked on fb, and sure enough, it is!! LOL, def gonna go and ask his thinking... sort of!
name names or it didnt happen!

I would mate, if you were on fb, but you're not, so I won't.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: October 30, 2011, 11:48:20 AM »

The sicilian Obv

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: October 30, 2011, 02:36:27 PM »

Start my 10k HU challenge this afternoon against a guy I know called James Mackenzie, who plays HU full time. I hjave not played much recently so he is probably a favourite. I'm betting a decent amount on my side and obvv swings can be big in the match too. Got my HUd sorted, grinding in the office with good monitors etc etc.

Lets do itttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
toddswain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1114 on: October 30, 2011, 02:38:41 PM »

I literally cant call this one, should be a good match, gl both
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: October 30, 2011, 03:30:38 PM »

The sicilian Obv

Lol @ sicilian being in a comp @ 400/800.

nh.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: October 30, 2011, 07:27:45 PM »

Really fun start to the game.

We played 2k hands and I own around 1.5-2 bi's. I ran 4 bi's below EV which sucks a little, but was a really fun match and optimistic I can tiddddddddddd.

He played good and adjusted to me well too.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: October 31, 2011, 02:52:27 PM »

Solid areticle by Kimber

http://www.thepokerfarm.com/opinion-pages/selling-action/

My opinion:

Nice write up. Although I disagree slightly. Although I may not be interested in buying shares from Paul Zimbler, it IMO doesn't mean I don't have a right to comment in a forum thread etc. Take Blonde for example, I am a regular buyer there and will usually buy a piece in 95% of people selling. If Zimbler comes alonmg charging 1.62 then people who would usually sell at cost will start charging 1.1 and players who usually charge 1.2 will think they can get away with 1.5. Basically when somebody sells at a price that is unjustified, everybodies value instantly goes up and they can now sell out at a higher mark up as most people don't understand mark ups and just buy a % if they think somebody is a good player or if they can't make the comp and are looking for a sweat. This means IT IS, as a regular backer of a forum, in my interest to keep market prices down.

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1118 on: October 31, 2011, 03:14:18 PM »

Yeah, Kimbo is wrong here.

If you post a staking request in a public place where others can comment then they can comment. If you don't want your LOLstake publicly ripped to shreds then don't make it public - email your marks potential stakees directly.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: October 31, 2011, 03:17:14 PM »

Solid areticle by Kimber

http://www.thepokerfarm.com/opinion-pages/selling-action/

My opinion:

Nice write up. Although I disagree slightly. Although I may not be interested in buying shares from Paul Zimbler, it IMO doesn't mean I don't have a right to comment in a forum thread etc. Take Blonde for example, I am a regular buyer there and will usually buy a piece in 95% of people selling. If Zimbler comes alonmg charging 1.62 then people who would usually sell at cost will start charging 1.1 and players who usually charge 1.2 will think they can get away with 1.5. Basically when somebody sells at a price that is unjustified, everybodies value instantly goes up and they can now sell out at a higher mark up as most people don't understand mark ups and just buy a % if they think somebody is a good player or if they can't make the comp and are looking for a sweat. This means IT IS, as a regular backer of a forum, in my interest to keep market prices down.

my opinion has yo-yo'd on this loads and I'm not 100% sure what I think.

Whilst me and you know there's no way Zimbler isn't 1.6 in that tournament (he probably isnt 1.0), how do you justify that he isn't? If people wanna buy, let them buy. It's not like the person is hiding any information right?

By the same token should you also state when you think people are underselling?

(Partly playing devils advocate here - think this is really interesting and would like to hear more opinions)

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: October 31, 2011, 03:20:45 PM »

There is no argument- Flushy is the biggest buyer on blonde, and he owns the site. This isnt someone advertising on facebook, its someone using HIS site for their own commercial gain- he is ALLOWING them to do this so therefore

If he wants to write an opinion he can.

If he wants to post pictures of someone getting gang raped by a gaggle of silver backed apes he can.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: October 31, 2011, 03:21:14 PM »

Yeah, Kimbo is wrong here.

If you post a staking request in a public place where others can comment then they can comment. If you don't want your LOLstake publicly ripped to shreds then don't make it public - email your marks potential stakees directly.

Which is exactly what Chaz did. Which I think is totally fine.

Example 2. Keys playing main event charging 2.0, putting a thread up = wrong. Charging 2.0 to people who want to buy a piece and have asked him, totally fine imo.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: October 31, 2011, 03:22:18 PM »

There is no argument- Flushy is the biggest buyer on blonde, and he owns the site.

If he wants to write an opinion he can.

If he wants to post pictures of someone getting gang raped by a gaggle of silver backed apes he can.

Disagree, its not about $ spent, its about amount of transactions. I probably bought in more people than anyone this year and really would hate it if lots of successful 1.5's were sold. Even 1.3's can really cost alot of money in the long run.

Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: October 31, 2011, 03:23:44 PM »

What? Obviously its about the amount spent. Who cares if someone who buys 0.25% of 100 people disappears? Id worry if the person who buys 30% of 20 people disappears tho.

Its in every backers interests to keep prices low, and every sellers interests to keep prices high
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1124 on: October 31, 2011, 03:24:23 PM »

There's nothing wrong with putting a thread up with a LOLstake, as long as you're not going to throw your toys out of the pram if it gets stick.

As Pads said - if you can bumhunt stakees on the quiet then good for you.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: