blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:57:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272607 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 392 393 394 395 [396] 397 398 399 400 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1424960 times)
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #5925 on: November 03, 2014, 01:15:46 PM »

I don't play poker anymore, nor do i have any interest in watching poker videos or PHA or even keeping track of who is winning the money. But I still follow this thread and read every post because it's nice to see somebody doing well. It's nice to see somebody talking about winning. Rather than the "GIQ" which seems to have become the norm over the recent years. I think if more pro's were open to discussing how much they were winning. more recreational players would be impressed and likely to play, in my opinion. A bit of arrogance is fine too. Why shouldn't you be a touch arrogant when your number 1 in the world. Look at Eric Bristow. Darts wouldn't be where it is today if he "GIQ" alongside half a diet coke.
peejaytwo

View Profile
« Reply #5926 on: November 03, 2014, 02:00:11 PM »

Congrats on the win Patrick.
Logged onto Stars this morning hoping to see Adam cash in the milly but am despairing of it ever happening.
Was on your rail from five handed.

Your work ethic,drive and ambition are the reason I was delighted when Adam said he was going to Budapest. A much safer pair of hands for my sons fledgling career than Leeds n Lildave Grin
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #5927 on: November 03, 2014, 02:03:26 PM »

I don't play poker anymore, nor do i have any interest in watching poker videos or PHA or even keeping track of who is winning the money. But I still follow this thread and read every post because it's nice to see somebody doing well. It's nice to see somebody talking about winning. Rather than the "GIQ" which seems to have become the norm over the recent years. I think if more pro's were open to discussing how much they were winning. more recreational players would be impressed and likely to play, in my opinion. A bit of arrogance is fine too. Why shouldn't you be a touch arrogant when your number 1 in the world. Look at Eric Bristow. Darts wouldn't be where it is today if he "GIQ" alongside half a diet coke.

Totally agree with this.  You are selling a dream to casuals that they can win and compete when long term you know they can't.  This style of selling it worked a treat with Bristow like you say for darts and Devilfish in poker back in the day imo.  Jimmy White/alex higgins in snooker as well.  
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 02:16:37 PM by arbboy » Logged
scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #5928 on: November 03, 2014, 02:03:43 PM »

Well done.  Keep posting.  Keep winning.  Keep being that BITB.

Still remember you at the dinner break at the HPO 18 months ago basically saying yeah tournies are shit, just gonna grind cash!
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5929 on: November 03, 2014, 02:27:40 PM »

Well done.  Keep posting.  Keep winning.  Keep being that BITB.

Still remember you at the dinner break at the HPO 18 months ago basically saying yeah tournies are shit, just gonna grind cash!

To be fair though, he did say pardew was shit. Even the BITB gets it wrong sometimes.

I'm in the keep posting camp too.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #5930 on: November 03, 2014, 03:01:35 PM »

WP indeed.

Love to read proper success stories here, emanating from peoples own hard work and graft.

Keep it up, and the D

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #5931 on: November 03, 2014, 03:24:55 PM »

Sorry have been grinding 19ish hours. Lots of deep runs and eventually came 1/5500 in the bigger 55 for 40k with no deals.

Jesus Christ here he goes again brag brag brag - someone should really say something

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #5932 on: November 05, 2014, 02:37:28 AM »

wow gotta be careful how I phrase this but so unbelieveably tilted right now.

Finished 3rd in big 109/1500 for $12.5k but 3 handed ran into the purest of all pure Russians. Not going to go into all the hands and post them and whine but wow.

Interestingly I cut out all turbos on my schedule today to the extent that I deleted them from my filters and now just going to focus on reg speeds.

Really enjoyed playing all night so that is one positive I guess.

My new location on stars is Hungary which feels really weird, but guess its just wte, doesn't actually mean anything.

Guess I can't complain with the result, would obviously take at the start of the day etc but just like those shiny gold medals Smiley

Sorry if come across bad in this post wrote it pretty quickly whilst a little angry.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #5933 on: November 05, 2014, 03:19:56 AM »

Sorry if come across bad in this post wrote it pretty quickly whilst a little angry.

Omg relax mate! You're fine!
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #5934 on: November 05, 2014, 03:22:16 AM »

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #5935 on: November 05, 2014, 04:00:42 AM »

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5936 on: November 05, 2014, 03:52:56 PM »

Number 1 in the world again Pads

http://www.pocketfives.com/

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5937 on: November 05, 2014, 04:24:10 PM »

What's happening with Malta?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #5938 on: November 05, 2014, 04:25:30 PM »

Thanks Barry

Click to see full-size image.

Super close but feels really good. Sounds like I'm sucking up to him but shout out to european who would be way higher if he didn't JUST have his Stars account on there.

Not sure if I'll grind today, just woke up and it was dark, asked girlfriend what time it is "5" me "arghhh" her "pm" me "ohhhhh"

Regarding turbos, if I play just reg speeds then bust outs are never so brutal etc, with turbos its so much river/turn suck outs that it's hard to manage mentally for a lot of people and is the root of spew. If you just play reg speeds I think you will have a different mental approach. Who knows maybe I'm talking bollocks, but gonna try it out anyway.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 04:28:03 PM by pleno1 » Logged

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #5939 on: November 05, 2014, 04:29:07 PM »

@vinny

I'm not sure bud.

It's all on hold right now, Hungarian government doesn't seem to have done anything yet, lets wait and see I guess. Been looking at houses and it's definitely number 1 on list to go to.

I'm actually kinda oi budapest right now.

Pages: 1 ... 392 393 394 395 [396] 397 398 399 400 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: