blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:12:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272586 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 433 434 435 436 [437] 438 439 440 441 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1423647 times)
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #6540 on: May 04, 2015, 02:18:35 AM »

Decided to play online today and it was pretty eye opening, usually on Sundays I play everything and have lots of tables etc but today I registered like 5 freezeouts because I'm playing the main event tomorrow (made it through with 65k btw) and then a bunch of turbos. I was very focused all day and taking in a lot more information/making less mistakes because I had less tables. This is a huge valuable lesson for SCOOP and will try to 9 table at maximum for the entirety of SCOOP, although of course that will be difficult.

Out of the 5 or so regspeeds I played I finalled the 265ko (8th for 2kish) and 5th in the SuperSized 6k. So very happy with the results, play and education for SCOOP and gives me confidence for Day 2 of the main tomorrow.

One interesting hand..

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to pads1161 [Ah ]
DiaperSniper14 folds
pads1161 raises to 8,900
XXXREG has 15 seconds left to act
XXXREG has requested TIME
XXXREG raises to 21,600
TheAssassinato folds
aggr0vated18 folds
pads1161 raises to 144,876, and is all in
XXXXREG calls 66,354, and is all in

This is cut off vs button. 89k effective at 4kbb.

I have around 140k at start of hand, theres 10 people left, average is 100ish. We are hand for hand on the final table.

Which range should he 3bet call?
Which range should I raise/4bet jam?
Which range should he open jam?
Which range should he peel?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
PathFinder

@AWI_POKER

View Profile
« Reply #6541 on: May 04, 2015, 11:36:11 AM »

I'll have a quick attempt

Which range should he 3bet call?
88-AA, A10-AK.

Which range should I raise/4bet jam?
33-AA, A9-AK,

Which range should he open jam?
22-99, QJ+

Which range should he peel?
AA, A8s-A10s, K10s-KQs, J10s, QJs

A lot also depends on the blind's stacks and 3bet, steal stats etc

Do you ever have a peel 3bet range yourself??
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 12:02:51 PM by PathFinder » Logged
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #6542 on: May 04, 2015, 11:56:29 AM »

Good luck today Pads

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #6543 on: May 04, 2015, 08:59:30 PM »

He's 7/10? Seems important for his ranges. Not sure he should have a 3bet call range on the ft bubble, maybe aces and Kings only. Probably better off flatting them and peeling with suited Broadway and t9s.

Jamming 22+a2s-a5s ajo+ kqo+. Maybe j9s or some hands like that too. Presuming bb isn't a huge stack probaby opening 40% or so In your seat. Not sure how wide you should 4bet due to his weird 3bet range spot. Probably pretty tight as he gives you a reasonable price to peel.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #6544 on: May 05, 2015, 02:01:28 AM »

EPT Main Event Day 1

I approached day 1 very well after speaking to Rob Tinnion on Skype. I sat upright all day, good posture, good attention and didn't play any 4bet pots all day, I played ranges appropiately and played exploitatively.

I think I made a mistake with JJ, tight old Italian fish raised to 500 and I decided to flat intead of 3bet. He had around 12-3k and I ended up losing a pot against somebody who cold called behind on QQ287 where I bet 1/2, 1/3, 1/4 and folded to min raise on the river. I think I should have a linnear range here when 3betting and had previously 3bet KQo vs him in a postion where I would never 3bet KQo but have been working on different 3bet strategies vs different calling ranges and it was the highest ev play.

I had a good table, only 2 good regs, one was Martin Jacobson who is probably the best player I've ever played with live, I tried to remember what my mental coach told me about not battling with good players and exploiting the weaker players.

I had one other decision I was very unsure about. 2 orbits left of the day. I open off 45k to 1500 at 600bb, btn who played extremely tight but now seems to be playing aggressive 3bets to 4600 off 90k, I have KTcc. Very tough spot pre, I think I could 4bet as he will be over 3betting and its probably the highest EV play. I decided to call though, definitely debatable.

Flop KQ2r, he cbets 3800, I have a pretty easy call.
Turn KQ25xxss, I check, he bets 8100, seems very tough spot now, hes setting up big river bet and I get to the river pretty weak, I'm perceived to be 4betting KK/QQ pre and potentially raising KQ to his small flop size, although all of the above is perhaps incorrect.. I think turn is very marginal and perhaps somewhat regret it, but decided to call. Very unsure and happy on input here.

River KQ25Jxxsss I guess I just always lose this hand now, I don't think donking is good, c/f seems very good, especially without the . He checked back a worse hand though which was very surprising and imo pretty bad.

I ended the day with 65k. I did one huge bluff but it would take about 30 lines of text to write so won't write that, it was pretty good though I think.

Day 2

My starting table was pretty tough, I flatted QQ to Jason Wheeler pre for deception in a spot and folded on Axx

We moved table and I went to 90k from 50k pretty quickly. I played a cool hand vs Macau businessman.

I called his 2500 open pre in the bb (he was in button) with , flop was J98hhh, i c/called 3500, turn was and I led 2100. I love this sizing because if he has a flush he raises 100% but flats basically everything else, when he flats I can super bomb rivers vs him and he's going to think I'm fos. Turn size was like 2000 into 14000 and would perhaps bet 23k on the river. When I check back often he checks back or doesnt valuebet qx twice and I can't c/r turn for value as my hand isn't strong enough.

He calls. River is J98hhh T J and I would always check my entire range here 100% of the time but vs a mark I think betting exploitatively 5400 is the best play, he called with q6.

I then had my first big dent of my stack. I raised to 2400 at 1kbb, Eugene flat the hijac and the Macau guy made it 7500 in the bb. We know from this sizing he's never squeezing light because he's using a sizing that will never get folds from Eugene, so it would be nonsensical to squeeze a hand as weak as say a3o and generally bb squeezing ranges will be (rightfully) strong. I had JJ and decided to flat and Eugene flat behind.

I knew I had red JJ and the flop was A93ddd, and Macau bets 8000 into 28000, I think he is likely to overcbet hands such as QQ/KK/AQ/AK and I think the fact I don't have to double check my suits is a very strong move, I made it 20300, into 36000 giving myself a good price and IMO a good % chance to win the hand. If he does flat I also have equity. Flatting here would definitely be an option, but another thing is that when I raise Eugene has to fold AQ/AK if he has it (pretty sure he plays it the same) but the downsides are when I raise flop and Macau jams AK no diamond I throw away a lot of equity, but part of the reason for raising was because I assumed he would b/f AK no diamond a tonne of the time based on reads. He snap jammed and ofc I folded. I really don't regret the hand, but I lost around 30% of my stack.

An orbit later OMGITSHUNT, opens UTG to 2300 out of 80K and I flat KK in the cut off. Of course 3bet is ok, but I think flatting is better for lots of reasons. BB who was weak (Wink) flat and we got the Q72hh board. OMG cbets 3500, i call ofc and bb calls quickly. I assume often they will check to me on turns, I will bet and they will likely call once between them and perhaps twice.

The turn was the Q725hhdd and OMG bet 12k into I guess 18. This may not seem big but live this is a big bet. I checked my stack and this would leave 40k into 40k so it seemed like he was setting up a river shove. I call of course and bb seemed to reluctantly fold a queen.

River was Q725Jhhddh and OMG took 1 minute and bet 24500 out of 40k effective. Such a weird bet size, he set it up for river shove now uses this sizing. I was very, very confused. I tanked around 10 minutes into the break and a big rail of people came to watch the hand. I didn't really like that and kinda hoped they would just go and take a piss.

I figured if he has all flush draws he likely gets to the river with all diamonds too, its very likely that I fold all non flushes on the river and call all flushes on the river to any size. Was he just trying to risk less with diamonds. Previously in EPT's I've been a huge station on rivers and never ever been good in the big pots. I started visualizing back to 5x tournaments where I've called rivers then afterwards regretted it, I really needed to take time to make sure I didn't call here then regretted it. I eventually folded which at the time felt a huge fold but may be really standard. I'm happy I took the time and folded but very unsure on my rationale behind it. I considered so much stuff in the hand such as 1) did he even expect me to call all fd's on the turn? 2) how far up in my range am i? 3) is this even combos wise a good hand to choose to call with. I weighed it all up, tried to get a read from him etc and folded. I'm obviously very unsure about it but I think if you are in a soft tournament with a soft field passing spots and being cautious may be the best decision and something I haven't done previously. I didn't have btw fwiw.

I came back from the break now with 40k instead of the 100 that I had previously. I then had another really interesting spot where I wanted to call the river.

I raise QJss UTG, sb (Macau) peels and bb (very very splashy italian reg opening k9o utg) peels.

Flop , the bb decided to lead 4500, I obviously can't fold here, Macau guy folds.

Turn , very interesting turn. I think betting is probably best with all the equity we have, he checks and I decided to bet 6100 and he called.

River was and he snap went all in. I've played this funky goofy style he is playing and jammed rivers here, but he is sqaurely repping solely Tx here and I felt super unlikely he would play Tx like this. 1) Lead flop, seems unlikely, felt more drawy, 2) If he leads Tx because of the draws why not bet turn that doubles the flush draw combos??? 3) Why snap go all in and not think about it, act weak etc? It felt like he could maybe have 4x, 77, j9, hearts etc, theres a chance he just has K2hh which would suck. This was for my tournament life, if I fold I have 20k, if I call and win I'm back upto 75-80k or whatever. I always called previously, I was always the hero, my instinct told me to call, everything told me to call, but for whatever reason I folded, I know it sounds absurd that I'm unhappy I folded Q high for my tournament life and for different reasons I'm very happy I folded and other reasons I'm very unhappy I folded.

orbits later I jammed a9o vs a very loose opener with a big stack from France and unfortunately he had AA and it was gg on the flop.

I think I appraoched this EPT and in general live poker way differently to previously. I basically aired on the side of caution and didn't push things, folded a lot, folded lots of close raise spots etc. Maybe if I had played differently I would have had 200k right now, but I feel like if I could look behind my back and see myself playing I would be very content and happy that I took the nitty options as thats something I've struggled with previously.

I will skip the 5k tomorrow because I think the mark up I charged isn't fair as the structure is a turbo and it will be very tough for me to be +ev at 1.18 and don't want to just try to gamble it up. If it were rescheduled for another stop and the rake was different I may sell at no markup. I will refund investors tomorrow.

Looking forward to vegas!

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #6545 on: May 06, 2015, 01:35:37 AM »

Few hands from today...

Triple diple

http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/14280986_935C9B14EB

This guys is thought of by many as top 10 MTT reg. Pretty interesting line, I guess he just assumes that I get to the flop with a bunch of Ax hands that will fold, it may be true as I did get there with AJ. Not sure its necessary with 99, but then again maybe 99 is better than say QJ because at least then he can improve to trip 9's whereas it is very hard for QJ to ever improve to a great hand. Perhaps 44/55 is better as they can turn more equity than 99 can. I think its probably best to just c/f. If you do bet the flop, triple is most likely mandatory though.

hmmmmm

http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/14280795_314FC211A0

Pretty interesting hand. I decide to 3bet wider for value than normal because it was a weaker player. Flop cbet pretty standard, turn I think is a good check, river I think its still too thin to bet for value and when he bets I'm feeling very gross about the hand. He needs to have like a8/a9s that he's deciding to bluff with which seems somewhat ambitious. Anybody calling?

triply diply

http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/14279996_5003114498

Another very close decision, pre flop is not my standard line, flop pretty standard. On the turn I just decided I would give him the old 1-2-3, what do you think the worst hand he calls river with is?

why not stay with the theme?  [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]PLO[/COLOR]

http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/14272440_2625D414ED

Thoughts on this triple barrel in PLO, spewy or ok? Standard maybe?

same theme with a little twist  [COLOR="rgb(153, 50, 204)"] PLO[/COLOR]

http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/14224656_373AE046CE

He leads, leads, piles here. Felt like exactly like it was. If I have no hearts is it a fold and if I have a heart its a call? Kinda how it felt at the time.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #6546 on: May 06, 2015, 03:22:45 AM »

I told myself 4 hours ago when I was 1 tabling the b55 that if I came 10th I would jump off the balcony. cyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6547 on: May 06, 2015, 07:01:38 AM »

Thoughts on this triple barrel in PLO, spewy or ok? Standard maybe?

Seems pretty standard to me. It's a cracking flop to do it with, given our draws & blockers.

He raises the turn with 9-10, so that's unlikely, especially as we have 2 blocker tens.

He probably calls you down with any set, or QJ. If he has not, he can't call.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #6548 on: May 06, 2015, 08:46:59 AM »

I think with the  out of the bb I would just be calling at 10/20 as there is Not too much to go after in the pot. God told on the river, his check on the turn and sizing on the river smell like trip queens.

Nice run, I hope their was a nice heated swimming pool at the bottom of your balcony!
Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #6549 on: May 06, 2015, 08:54:54 AM »

So many anti blockers certainly makes the turn very interesting, still too much equity to fold tho

First they came for the nits, and I did not speak out because I was not a nit
UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #6550 on: May 06, 2015, 12:45:54 PM »

Another very close decision, pre flop is not my standard line, flop pretty standard. On the turn I just decided I would give him the old 1-2-3, what do you think the worst hand he calls river with is?

Probably QJ, not sure if you get called on the river by anything that your ahead of though except possibly JJ. I don't play at this level, but at the level which I play they turn up with a lot of AQ KJ type of hands and JJ often, which will all play the same way apart from JJ folds the river a high % of the time and hands with K and a Q call most of the time.

The Last PLO hand with K10QA with one heart is pretty standard too, I wouldn't be folding there. He play was pretty good as he had KK with the K of heart blocker so he obviously knew we wasn't up against the nuts.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 12:51:35 PM by UgotNuts » Logged
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #6551 on: May 06, 2015, 03:58:25 PM »

Few hands from today...

Triple diple

http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/14280986_935C9B14EB

This guys is thought of by many as top 10 MTT reg. Pretty interesting line, I guess he just assumes that I get to the flop with a bunch of Ax hands that will fold, it may be true as I did get there with AJ. Not sure its necessary with 99, but then again maybe 99 is better than say QJ because at least then he can improve to trip 9's whereas it is very hard for QJ to ever improve to a great hand. Perhaps 44/55 is better as they can turn more equity than 99 can. I think its probably best to just c/f. If you do bet the flop, triple is most likely mandatory though.

hmmmmm

http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/14280795_314FC211A0

Pretty interesting hand. I decide to 3bet wider for value than normal because it was a weaker player. Flop cbet pretty standard, turn I think is a good check, river I think its still too thin to bet for value and when he bets I'm feeling very gross about the hand. He needs to have like a8/a9s that he's deciding to bluff with which seems somewhat ambitious. Anybody calling?

triply diply

http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/14279996_5003114498

Triple diple

Not sure if we're overlooking the basics or I'm missing something having not played many MTTs lately but personally I think its a really bad bluff from the guy in hand 1. We're basically uncapped, and have called flop multi way, then turn (Its not even like we can have any kind of draw). Our range here is really strong, it seems more like a punt from him, clicking buttons and trying to catch us at the bottom of our range (which the jack even improves). Preflop / our continuing flop range probably consists of pairs (2 of which make sets), AJ, A10. Pretty sure we 3b AQ+ pre, and calling Axs pre which isn't broadway is pretty horrendous from a reverse implied point of view in my opinion.

hmmmmm

I'd prefer to just peel pre but having 3b I think its perfect. Cbet flop is fine, although feels like we may get floated a lot here. If your going for another street it likely has to be turn as Kx is a good barrel card in opponents eyes therefore he may peel one more lighter than he'll call river imo.

What do you think to x/call (nut K high good fairly often / its not really gonna be a board people barrel after getting 3b / x/c), he likely never double barrels so turn often goes x/x - although there are some good x/r cards on the turn if he does - and lead river to get him to fold his A highs / bad pairs. (Im talking about on QQ6xx not this particular runout).

triply diply

Im really not sure what hand he calls turn and doesn't call river with. Im not sure you should be vbetting one pair hands too often on this river (AA / AK seems like it should be a check back vs a lot), coupled with him likely having a K blocker having called turn (its pretty hard for him to have just a Queen as your holding the so limits combo draws he has), therefore reducing your top sets to just one combo of cards. From opps point of view you don't 3b KQ pre that much, and its hard for you to have any other sets. 

The sizing you used from his point of view also seems a bit weird to me. I know its probably balanced but anything he raise/calls pre, then continues pretty much the same amount of time to a bet of 600, then it does to a bet of 300 on K95hhx (except his 9x which there cant be many of), so from his point of view id feel if you were betting flop for value you'd likely go bigger and try get it in over 2 streets on this texture. Really surprised he folded this river.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #6552 on: May 07, 2015, 01:30:38 AM »

EPT 25K Highroller Day 1

I'm going to say this and I know its not going to sound good to investors, but I really dont feel like I should be playing 25k tournaments.

I just took a bad beat which 99.9% of the time I take perfectly fine but here it hit me really badly. It was the last hand of the day, I've been happy all day, even when times were going really bad I was very optimistic and played as close to A game as possible, but when this river card happened, I can't really explain it but it hurt me mentally way more than it should have done.

Walking back to my hotel I felt genuinely very, very sad and thats a pretty bad thing. Bad beats are part of everything, I should just accept it and move on to the next hand, but this time it just made me genuinely sad/upset and thats a terrible mindset to have.

My first table was amazing, very, very good. At one point there was 2 regs and 4 big fish. Will post some hands of note.

Table 1, hand 1

Talal limps, I 5x with AhAd, he calls.

Flop QT4hhx, he checks, I check back.
Turn QT48hhxh, he bets big, I call
River QT487hhxhx, he bets big, I call.

Generally I thought this would likely be a 2 street kind of hand, just because he was raising a lot and was his first limp so expected some kind of pocket pair that may bluff when I check but usually some pretty bad hands, I'm very sure hes raising hands like q9-aq rather than limping them and generally he bets big when he has iniaitive so I get 2 larger streets rather than conventionally cbetting 1/3 pot or whatever would be standard. He had 43hh for a flush so that was a small dent, but was very happy with my decision to check flop which is non standard generally.

Table 1, hand 2

Recreationally player that I have played with before and know quite well, I think he views me as good/tightish, opens UTG and I have AKo in the small blind and decide to 3bet for value. I think he will call a lot of dominated hands. He calls and I cbet 662, he calls. The turn is 6624 and he is like a clever recreational player, I decide to bet 1.2x pot which was essentially making him decide for his tournament life. I think he thinks I view him as bad and I'm likely being greedy with this kind of bet, he has so many hands I can make fold and when he does call I have 6 outs basically always. On the river 66244 I decide to check as I was using my turn as a 2 street hand, if I wanted to get value from his turn call/river folding range I would bet smaller ott to jam the river. All in all a pretty close decision on the turn, but I think it was the right decision. He has 55 so turned a gutshot, I think he folds 77-TT often.

Table 1, hand 3

Simon Higgins raises cut off, Macau fish flats button, I flat bb with K3cc. Flop k63cdd, I check, Higgins cbets, Macau flats and I raise really big, like 40% of my stack. I had too much to jam, and a small raise looked really weird and the Macau guy was completely OI. He calls and the turn is k636 lol and I check/fold to his arrin and I'm left pretty frustrated.

Table 1, hand 4

Not long after bvb for 24bbs, sb jams, I call AQ, he has QJ and flop is QJ4zzz.

I felt pretty happy about this though, I mean it was a bad beat for a stack at a great table, but I hadn't forced anything, I'd played great/solid without having any spots of anything particularly interested. I lost 2 big pots which were unfortunate, but didn't feel too bad. I went to rebuy and started 2nd table.

This was a lot tougher table, Dani Stern, Fedor, Sorel, Pokerturo etc.

Table 2, hand 1

I tanked for 14 minutes in this hand which sounds kinda ridiculous right? We were on break though and it was my tournament life so I wanted to make sure I was right.

I open to 2400 UTG and PokerTuro flats cut off.

Flop 972ddx, I have black jacks and decide to check. I think this is a kinda board I can check my whole range. C/F kq/broadway type of hands, c/c flush draws, sets, overpairs, akdx kind of hands. I think he will call flop very often here on this board with back doors and just generally with his middling pairs and ofc he may flat his entire range pre so could potentially have TT-AA pre (very likely flats 99-QQ anyway)

He bets 4600 which felt so big, there was only around 6k in here and generally people stab say 35% so around 2300 so 4600 felt super big. It felt like he was trying to "get me to fold AK" it was the last hand of the level before the break so he may have thought I will just fold a lot to this size. I obviously call.

Turn 972dd5. I check and he bets 9800 into 15000, again this felt like such a big bet, I had 22000 behind so he was setting up river shove of 22000 into 45000 which seemed weird. Why would he not bet 6000 and have a closer to PSB left on the river? I could jam here but I decided to just call again and reevaluate river.

River was 972ddx5xKd, I checked and he put me all in for 22k.

Now this was such a tough/weird spot. I definitely get to the river with flushes, I definitely have 99/77/AA so JJ isn't necessarily a snap call, first of all I tried to think of what he could have for value

99 - unlikely because of flop/turn size
77 - unlikely because of flop/turn size
22 - unlikely because of flop/turn size
Flushes? He could have flushes, was he betting this size on the turn to price himself in? Very possibly.. Would he really bet SO big on the flop though and even the turn too?
Kx - I felt like he could have a hand like KQ/KT on the flop/turn trying to get me to fold Ax, this felt like the most likely hand that he got to the river with, but would he really jam these hands? He jammed pretty quickly too.

So what bluffs could he have? AQ? probably plays flop/turn differently. JT? I block JT very hard, other JTs combo is JTdd, so theres only one combo of JT. A2/A4s, potentially... but maybe he uses these as 3bet bluff hands pre flop, but definitely he could, but again unlikely to me. Would he really bet 87 like this on flop/turn and then jam it as a bluff on the river? Seems unlikely to me.

I just basically had no idea what he had, but it kept telling me inside "he doesnt have anything for value here, he wouldnt play it like this" I know, similarily to the main event a few days ago that 6 months ago I 100% called here, I was hero calling way too much in live poker, but I knew it was a leak, I knew I needed to rectify it and I've really tried. But what the fuck can he really have? Eventually I just folded and left myself with 20k coming back to 1200bb.

I whittled down to 13k and then won with AA vs 99 to get upto a good stack. I played this stack decent, got some steals and resteals through, picked some bluffs off and made some good decisions.

Table 2, hand 3

I don't want to say the reg because he won't read this and dont want others to know, but I know he punts pre flop if you think he's trying to go after him. He opened to 3500 UTG off 40k and I had 36k in the bb at 1600bb.

I know his friends bought pieces of me in a previous 25k and he will most likely think I'm good/thinking. I made it 9800 after asking his stack size and I thought this sizing would look the most full of shit.

He stared me down and asked me some questions and asked me to count my chips, I tried to count them the same that last time somebody 3bet folded vs me counted their chips Cheesy and he jammed KQo and I got a really good double.

We had two orbits left of the night and I got over 90k, I won a pot where I defended AJo and called 844 and won on the river.

Table 2, hand 4

Very last hand of the day, everybody is stood up around, high fiving, hugging, bagging up chips, I'm so happy with my stack, really feel fantastic that the day has gone so well, even if I'm in for 50k Cheesy I look down at two beautiful, beautiful red kings. I make it 4800 and 1800bb vs Dan Smith who I asked was he on his first or second bullet (he was on first) and had 50k exactly. I think making it a larger sizing will induce him if he just thinks he has a read he will go for it. He makes it 12300 and I'm actually really dissapointed in myself. I didn't even think about calling. I had thought so logically all day, even with 11bbs I thought for 20 seconds before shoving, weighing up limping/r/c etc and this time I just instantly jammed. He will be light there at times for sure but I didn't even think of what the best range play there was. Of course I can never play KK wrong by jamming, but it COULD have not been the highest EV line and I'm so sad that I played my complete A game for all the day then the last hand of the entire day I know I have 1 hand to play and decide to not take my time. I mean I took 14 minutes with JJ previously, why could I not take 20 seconds to at least consider flat calling here?

Anyway I jam and he snaps AJ and a few of my friends are there. I really don't think I'm going to lose, without getting the violins out generally I have ran really poorly in the small amount of 10ks+ I've played, AA<KK, AA<QQ, AK<AQ, AK<JJ, AQ<QJ etc etc but this time I just felt everything was going to be fine.

T92 flop, 7 turn and Dan threw his cards across the table weirdly and the river pinged the 8 and I just felt shattered, like a huge dagger. It's very hard to expain.

I know I'm writing this message like I'm moaning, I literally came back to my room, opened my laptop and started writing, I definitely feel hard done by or entitled or soemthing and I really shouldn't. This isn't how the game works.

Sorry if investors feel like I have a bad mindset or something, I'm just trying to be honest.

I go back tomorrow with somewhere between 43-46k. I'll be honest I could hardly count my chips when I put them into the bag, I was just shellshocked by a super, uber standard BVB hand where the money was always going in. I tried counting but just couldn't and put the chips in the bag and will be back in 12 hours.

I'm obviously going to make sure I prepare perfectly, I will meditate, eat well, sleep well and really try to do great visualization before I play. It just means so much to me that its hard to describe sometimes, but for those who invested don't worry I am adamant I bring my A game tomorrow, if things don't go well then so be it.

scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #6553 on: May 07, 2015, 02:17:15 AM »

UL pads.

Remember the DTD WPT HR where you had a really brutal day 1 and then tore it up day 2?  Everyone knows you are always capable of doing the same again.

GL.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #6554 on: May 07, 2015, 02:37:41 AM »

UL pads.

Remember the DTD WPT HR where you had a really brutal day 1 and then tore it up day 2?  Everyone knows you are always capable of doing the same again.

GL.

Yeh this.  And why get angry about getting in all those chips with KK vs AJ.   You know that makes no sense.

Not only are you still in with chips, you are in Monte Carlo.  That poker room is pretty special from memory.  Just get up early have a wander down the beach and think what a boss you are.  Certianly beats getting woken up at 7 by the kids anyway.

Good luck.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 ... 433 434 435 436 [437] 438 439 440 441 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: