blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:21:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 498 499 500 501 [502] 503 504 505 506 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1424147 times)
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7515 on: December 01, 2015, 12:53:57 AM »

Yo

Not sure if you will still be in Prague then but me and the missus are coming to Budapest for 3/4 days on Sunday the 13th of Dec , obv want to see your bar mate so let me know if youre around for drinks / dinner etc  x

I leave on 8th and come back on 4th January :/ You should have a great time, but bring a big, big jacket! The weather is freezing.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #7516 on: December 01, 2015, 05:17:53 PM »

Sunday was ok, for the first time ever? I missed the warm up and 109r, I went for a nice dinner with a friend and then slept for 3 hours and started with the big162. Pure bubble ept package, lost a flip for PCA package too but won EPT package in the end for profitable Sunday. Played 7.5/10 I think.

It's kind of weird, at one point in this year I was so focused on being the best MTT player in the world, but it wasn't necessarily for myself, I wanted others to think so. Now I lost a lot of that motivation. I set myself a goal at the start of the year (maybe last December) that this year I would play the 50k in Prague. Definitely not going to play it now, not even going for the Estrellas 1k. Will go from 8-17th and play the main, 10k etc. I'm not playing as much poker now, but I think it really helps my game, playing my A game more often etc.

Had some pretty fun hands this week, shame boom isn't working, would be close to some personal bests on there! A8 v AA in 4bet pot (I 4bet, he called!) on 882A4, when he c/j the river I didn't even think it was possible I could be beat. Lots of hilarious hands last few days, but not going to go into a moan. It is what it is Smiley

Really happy with how I'm playing which is the main thing. Cash games especially helping me in tournaments. Allows me to just play well for longer periods of time I think.

Football season has finished now, we go for a winter break and we won our last game 7-3 against a somewhat rival team. Our team was a joke, played very good. We start the second half of the season in March, we're going to start training at the end of January and play a lot of friendlies in February against some really good teams in Hungary, we will find out how good we actually are then and how serious we're going to take it.

Had a somewhat a-ha moment yesterday. We are overwhelmed with attacking players and its hard to fit them in. Most of them are fast and strong, yesterday I decided to put them both wingers and full backs meaning when one was tired after 5-10 minutes he would sit back and defend and get a breather and then after 10 minutes or so would change again. It resulted in lots of overlaps/attacking runs with full intensity and in general, especially in amateur league it can be really effective strategy. The result kind of speaks for that, we scored 7 goals, but let in 3.

Going to go on strike from tomorrow with everybody else, its nice to see everybody uniting as a community, feels pretty good I think.

I'm really most unhappy because of how PokerStars strategise their marketing and all round plan.

Everything they do is spent now on recreational players, I think this is completely fine, attracting new players to the game is very important.

So they do the following main marketing stuff

1- Spend 10s of millions on sports stars
2- Get all pros to stream playing on twitch
3- Invest in the biggest twitch pros
4- Shark cage

All of these are amazingly good marketing plans and they will do a great job of bringing new players into the game.

The problem is they changed the rake structure at the micro stakes (and they didnt tell the recreational players, they ironically posted on 2p2) this means that when people sign up with the famous $50 deposit bonus they are playing in games that are basically unbeatable. They have been attracted to poker because of watching nanonoko on twitch, or shark cage with guys who have made millions from poker. They want to do this too, of course it was always unlikely, but not its basically impossible. I guess 99.9% of them get stuck in the micros, their $50 deposits churning rake over and over again with little success. Negreanu says that peoples $50's last 20% less than they did X time ago, well with higher rake and unbeatable games of course they are not going to last as long.

HUD's and seating scripts are not a problem for 99% of recreational players, they actually hurt regular players, just like training sites do, but nobody complains about training sites because its a level playing field.

I feel very strong about how much recreational players are getting fucked here and would love to help a campaign to just show them exactly what is happening, how unlikely it is they are going to win, how tough it would be for Phil Ivey to win, how much he would actually win in their games etc.

Stars are going to take all of the money from supernovas/supernova elites next year, bring in loads of new players as they promise then put them in unbeatable games and churn their rake. Fucking geniuses! Seriously, its a really, really great idea for them, but we can't let them get away with it.

Bolded bit could do with some of the mid-high stakes guys actually trying this and see how they get on. These guys are gonna be able to analyse loss to rake nd win/loss rates far better than any recs will
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #7517 on: December 01, 2015, 06:21:51 PM »

I'm not sure there is much more room for Pokerstars to even grow. How many players haven't heard of them. I think the % of Hungarian taxi drivers that hear poker and say Pokerstars is 95% in my sample. Where are these new customers coming from?

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7518 on: December 02, 2015, 04:27:04 AM »

Stuck by the strike today, played decent volume on another site. I played a bunch of midstskes and I really enjoyed it. Probably most fun I've had playing cash games in a long time!

Today I went through every staking thread id posted since 2010 on different accounts. Some pretty fun memories, one of me selling a 140$ schedule at 70/30 with 15 tournaments. No idea wtf

Last years SCOOP package was super fun to read. If only played MTTs for 3 months or so but was on a huge heated. SCOOP went really well, I cashed a few of the 2ks for like 8, 11, 17k then came 20th in the main event. From reading all my reports there I could see so much energy and love for the game that I don't have right now. It was similar this year, around WCOOP this year I did really well and was loving playing every day. I've lost a lot of motivation as tournaments outside of the series are just not very fun or motivating for me. It really makes me question exactly the direction I want to go in moving forward. I'm really enjoying learning and thinking about how to play my range in different spots. I think I'm playing very good recently but still know there's certain improvements I need to make. It's funny because I always thought I was a by loose or abit crazy but really some of my stats are way too tight and I need to open up in a lot of spots.

Feeling very confident coming up to Prague now. Should be a great 10 days or so. theres been some spots over the last 3 months. I can think vividly of 5 of them. One of them really stands out, the 10k EPT high roller, I spent the night before studying playing from the SB from my hotel room with Elmerixx (yeah we're really fun guys.....) I'd always flatted 99 early in MTTs in this certain spot but we looked into it and the value of 3betting was just so much higher that flaring was pretty bad play. Anyway.. Macphee opened, I 3bet 99 from the small blind, he did this thing which I was 99% sure was a reverse tell to make me spew. I had though, a good hand and a very bad hand to 3bet fold here, at least I thought. I knew that with my game plan I was supposed to shove here, as part of my overall strategy I needed to shove here. Even with the dynamics that there were this made it an even clearer reason to go all in, but everything inside of me knew that I was definitely supposed to fold here. I was battling this thing inside me between doing what I should do (what the book, my peers and top players would do) and what I SHOULD do. I eventually went all in and he had QQ. I covered him and still had a nice stack but one of he reasons I think I do well in poker is going with my gut. The whole folding AT on KTT44 and being shown deuces maybe is the reason why I went all in here. I went with my gut all summer and I think played my A game. But this huge, important pot if I just did what everybody else would have done and what everybody told me after I should have done then I may have won that shiny ****ing bracelet.

Poker is a really up and down game mentally. Going into Prague in pretty clear mentally of exactly how I'm going to play. I've spent hours and hours and hours developing really good strategies and trying to improve my strategies on a month to month basis but I'm also going to go with my gut and be a ****ing unnecessary hero if I have to be Wink

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7519 on: December 07, 2015, 05:56:40 AM »

Sorry haven't posted much recently. Been avoiding writing about online just because don't want to moan, hopefully Prague goes great. Just finished 10thnin second chance. Tomorrow we're doing interviews most of the evening for the company.

Fly direct from Prague home to Englabd which will be nice. Going to start setting goals for 2016 once I get back from Prague.

Not sure exactly what I will play in Prague. Will go with the flow I guess.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7520 on: December 12, 2015, 01:32:22 AM »

So the week has been pretty fun.

Played the €2k Eureka high roller first. Can't really recall too many hands to be honest. I had extremely soft table all day. Basically 5-6 very big fish from Lebanon and neighboring countries. Trying to think hard about actually hand histories but can't really remember.

One pretty interesting one was vs probably one of the only competent regs at the table.

300/600/75, I make it 1800 on the button with AJ, he defends bb.

Flop j43r, he check/calls 1500
Turn j433, somewhat surprisingly he didn't lead, I decided to check back and raise rivers vs certain Sizings and call vs others. He bet big on blank river and I called and win vs kqo

Really trying hard to remember hands now but so much happened between then and now that I don't really remember. Bust out hand was interesting.

I have 26k at 600/1200

Guy opened UTG first hand at new table off tonnes then reg who wasn't trappy at all but a little peely pre flat mp. I squeezed j7s in cut off and they both called.

Flop kk7fd, checks to me, pot is 27k, I have 18.5k left.

I can shove here or check and I think that's what most people do. I was very unsure really. I thought player two could have 22-66 very often and the opener potentially too. I decided to bet 4K to protect a little vs overs. Player 1 c/r to 15k and whilst i didn't love It the pot it now 46k and its 14k for me to call, he could potentially have worse , maybe just going with Laura, and then obviously flush draws. I got the bad news quickly that he had KT. Potentially went too wide pre flop here but the antes are really really big, way bigger than online and squeezing vs loose openers is good I think. And my hand usually plays pretty easily on flops.

Anyway I felt like this was a really good warm up. I went to bed pretty early and woke up st 6am. I went and played the graveyard shift. Ended up a little bit.  I played in a 8-16 plo game with a fish who was down around 30 buy ins and going all in every single hand. Unfortunately after I stacked him he first time he decided to quit. I played 7 handed with 4 very strong players. Only one interesting hand of note.

I limp j974ds into v aggro players Straddle. Bb who is also v aggro raises and straddled calls and I call.

Flop, QT4cc (I have clubs) bet, call and I call.
Turn QT4K bet big, call and I call
River QT4K2 bet 1/3 pot, taaaaank fold from the very good player and I didn't really love it but called. Villain had QJJJ and I won decent pot.

I quit soon after to get breakfast at 11am (last orders) breakfast finished I went back to my room for a nap. Running after me into the lift was a Lebanese player from my table yesterday. He told me that I had played amazing, that he loved my game and was really impressed. There was a guy in the lift who I kind of know and felt a little embarrassed. The lift Door opened and he said "but your last hand was fucking terrible, I don't know what you were thinking"

Pretty funny, I laughed with the other guy in the lift.

Had a pretty decent nap and then went for dinner with Adam and European and then decided to be a good grinder and go reg the satalite where things got a little tasty...

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7521 on: December 12, 2015, 01:43:45 AM »

So I arrived on time for the satalite and things went really well the whole time. By the time there was 35 players left I had around 70k with 49k average so seat was locked. There was so many spectators and it really kissed me off. There was a big pot where I had kings and there was a spectator (father of player) screaming that it was misdeal lol, was so many people chirping up and it was tilting me. The night was dragging on, it was 6:30am and the event started at 12. I now has 200k with averages like 55k and was raising every hand just trying to call people off so we could finish.

I move to a new table and this deflated looking Russian guy looked at me when I raised the cut off blind to 2.2bbs, he decided Tid was his time and went all in on the button. The sb somehow folded and the bb called.

Everybody ran over, all 16 players from other table and fathers, friends, gang allies etc all congregated round. They were all shouting, check, check!! I asked floor to tell them to gtfo and this same annoying guy from before told me "you have to check this one down"

Flop comes kq2, bb checks I'm like **** these guys, lfg Russian (he sat their super quietly not even complaining just resigned to the fact we would try to **** him) I asked them to gtfo again, they didn't leave so I bet 1/4 guys stack. Guy calls, oooohhhhh, aaahhhh I heard. CHECK CHECK CHECK I heard, I see people sweating (literally) people who weren't even playing. Turn is blank and I'm in totally oi mode and jam. Everybody is ****ing tilted. Bb folds JTo and I show 64o, Russian doubles and everybody is giving me ****. The bb in particular had a huge huge huge friend who was ****ing pissed. He was clenching one hand and hitting his fist in it with the other as he looked at me. Was a little intimidating! He continued to rail and I kinda wished I hadn't done it. I apologized to the bb but his friend was growling at me (legit growling) anyway somebody busts in ridic manner (I jam cut off, bb has 1.4bb, sb rejams 9bbs with 55 and bb obv folds. I somehow have QQ lol and we all go home relatively happy.

I go to bed and have a good sleep and wake up around 2:30pm for day 1b of the main event..

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7522 on: December 12, 2015, 03:08:25 AM »

I arrive to the table and it's Ok, vandi4rek, a Russian that used to stake me and some weaker guys. Don't really play any notable pots and get moved to new table.

I know a lot of the guys, it's a pretty reggy table. We are randomly all limping, that works good for me so I encourage it. After 6th time limping guy isos me. I tell him that I feel like I'm going to do a huge bluff here and call.

Flop is 643cc (I have75cc) he bets, I raise, he folds. Table laughs and I try to play my image up.

Next hand I limp 76cc, Button limps and sb makes it 1750 (ari angel) I call, button folds.

Flop, 764r, he bets 2250, I make it verbally "6666" there's some commotion but the floor rules it should be 6675. He smiles. The table laughs, I tell him I'll take this one, he can't have a qualified hand to continue on this board. He makes it 11900. I ask him what the minimum I can make it is, everybody shrugs their shoulders, table who is very very chatty anyway is all piping up but that's good for me I want to look like clown and hope he just punts it in. I try to make it 16666 but it goes down as a min raise because of the way the chips were put in (intentional Wink) he jams (just over starting stack effective) pretty quickly, I call and he has black aces. Turn 3, river 76434 and I'm sent to he showers.

Those who watched the podcast will remember about me speaking about being sad and depressed etc after these kind of beats. It's very weird live to me because it just feels very natural that this will be the outcome. That's not me trying to moan but just something I really feel like I can't control because of possible sample sizes and it's more frustrating now than anything else. I'm not going to rattle off bad beats but I haven't cashed an EPT and played quite a lot now and have had over 100k about half of the times and except for one time, times when I've busted on days 1 or 2 I've always got it in with really good hands for relatively big pots.

It isn't really a case of "ok this isn't working, we should reconsider our strategy"'I genuinely am very ok with how I'm playing and in general I'm pretty self critical with myself. I like to talk a lot, I'm comfortable at the table and the opponents are very bad. I've realized over the last 4 months that I haven't progressed that much as a poker player. I'm just as good now as I was in WCOOP and that's not good enough. I should be improving and seeing big improvement every couple of months but I haven't put in volume recently so I haven't improved. I realize that the guys playing the 25/50ks will be really doing a lot more than I have over the last few months and that's why I chose to skip these. Somebody wrote something on Twitter like "tell us how much better you are than everybody else" and the simple fact is I just think I have good game selection. I play in games I feel like I win a lot of money. I saw the Barcelona field and it was great so I played it, I realize I'm not good enough to have a v big edge in the bigger tournaments elsewhere and I skip them. I'm under no illusion that I'm a great poker player. I'm good at what I do but I'm far away from a lot of people in this game still.

Moving forward I'm very unsure. Live poker just is a really really really silly yet amazing game. It's fun, it's interactive, it's exciting but it's very frustrating.

I'm going to just play EPT main events moving forward probably. I've set some goals for 2016 and I'll share those with you now:

Poker

1- spend 20 hours a week of poker content (studying/coaching)
2- play minimum one MTT session /week
3-play minimum 3 other sessions of poker (cash, MTT, PLO or whatever else I'm motivated for)
4- play every EPT main stop and feel like I'm in top of every field
5- go to Vegas for entire WSOP schedule and make this the live priority
6- feel completely satisfied with every aspect of Vegas trip
7- be fully prepared and focused for SCOOP and WCOOP, heavy preparations mentally,'physically, strategically 1 month in advance for each

Stable

1- simple. Be the best stable in the world in terms of organization, coaching, profit, stature. Our organization and coaching WILL undoubtedly be the best. We're creating a dream team and investing in that to make sure we will be fully structured to succeed. There's obviously some variance in staking, so let's see how profit goes.

Business

I've felt that over the last 3-4 months I've improved tonnes in terms of business acumen. I've played way less poker and studied business at a deeper level and I think conduct myself well in that side. In the ventures im involved in. I want to get involved in a couple of more ventures in the next 12 months and start investing in smart places.

Life

Whenever I've posted life goals in this blog I've always failed. Sleeping has been bad, fitness has been bad, eating has been bad.

I want to improve but apparently I haven't the 10 previous times I've said in going to. So I'm not going to write for the sake of writing. Hopefully when j look back in 3 months and review the start of the year you will read my writing how proud I am of myself. But don't hold your breath, I've definitely failed in that regard in 2015. I expect better, but you shouldn't!

I'm not going to set profit lines in terms of $ for poker, staking or business. I'm just going to try and be really focused, really motivated and give it all I can.

Just booked a flight back to Budapest to play Sunday tomorrow. Looking forward to it, pretty motivated to play right now before going back home for Christmas.

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #7523 on: December 12, 2015, 04:07:17 AM »

Turn j433, somewhat surprisingly he didn't lead,

Sorry before I read the rest....

In all the poker hands I have played lifetime live and online, no1 has ever lead in this spot ever, or if they have its been one time in a hundred thousand.

What on earth does this mean "somewhat surprisngly he didn't lead"

sorryy for drunken post but wtf?

and spare the "oh u don't play the 215c so you u would'nt understand, every1 online c/called J43r and leads 3 turn"

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #7524 on: December 12, 2015, 04:11:57 AM »

I can shove here or check and I think that's what most people do. I was very unsure really. I thought player two could have 22-66 very often and the opener potentially too. I decided to bet 4K to protect a little vs overs. Player 1 c/r to 15k and whilst i didn't love It the pot it now 46k and its 14k for me to call, he could potentially have worse , maybe just going with Laura,

ok next one.

worse means what? the 8 of spades, pretty key card on this texture obv. but struggling to understand this.

next one, is the the "maybe just going with laura" i mean

Pics of Laura of GTFO obv.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7525 on: December 12, 2015, 09:22:22 AM »

In all the poker hands I have played lifetime live and online, no1 has ever lead in this spot ever, or if they have its been one time in a hundred thousand.

and spare the "oh u don't play the 215c so you u would'nt understand, every1 online c/called J43r and leads 3 turn"

its been very common to lead this turn over the past 18 months, a 3 is in bb range a lot more than in ours, as often we would/are perceived to check back a hand with a 3 in instead of cbetting. BB can also lead a jack here and chose his sizing as its very hard for us to raise the turn vs a hand that is more weighted towards trips than ours. And we can get value donking turn as well as protection. Also its far from ideal check/calling a draw from the bb on this turn, so people tend to donk straight draws here a lot.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7526 on: December 12, 2015, 10:35:00 AM »

its been very common to lead this turn over the past 18 months, a 3 is in bb range a lot more than in ours, as often we would/are perceived to check back a hand with a 3 in instead of cbetting. BB can also lead a jack here and chose his sizing as its very hard for us to raise the turn vs a hand that is more weighted towards trips than ours. And we can get value donking turn as well as protection. Also its far from ideal check/calling a draw from the bb on this turn, so people tend to donk straight draws here a lot.

Hey

Yeah everything Trigg said. Basically the best players in the world play the highest stakes games and become closer and closer to solving GTO, so once they start doing things, the mid stakes guys start imitating it, once they start doing it other guys start copying etc etc.

Online it's very common, people lead this stop very often, over 50% for sure. Because button is perceived to have very little 3's.

When our opponent is better a lot of air on flop and checking back showdown we have a few good reasons to bet hands even like 4x for protection against two overs, jx potentially for value and i guess one of the most desirable reasons is to bet all our gutshots that have no showdown value but have decent raw equity ott like 62s, 76o etc which becomes a lot of combos.

Also because our opponent shouldn't have any 3x we can size very small with our entire range and see a river card. For example if the pot is 6k we could lead 800 but if we check we may face a bet of 4K, maybe even a bet of 10k vs some people!

However the big problem is this takes into account big assumptions. He assumes button is betting s "good" range on the flop but it also and most critically assumes bb has a good c/r frequency. It's very possible that a good c/r frequency should be around 15-20% in some gto simulations I've looked at in some spots we are supposed to build out range as 45% c/r, 5% call and 50% fold Smiley the reality is that people play very passively in the bb without initiative post flop and thus ranges should change considerably. Betting 3x on the flop as button is way more desirable for protection against any random two overcards that will have around 30% equity and will fold to cbets of around 20-25% often. Because people aren't c/r and thus we are betting flop a lot wider than piosolver and other tools may suggest we should it means leading the turn when they have perceived "range advantage" doesn't actually make sense because they don't have range advantage because of the way the two strategies are REALISTICALLY built.

In the non public videos I make I always call this spot the "range advantage thingy" I used this vague terminology to represent the populations view on how it goes down and how they approach the spot. People kind of realize they should lead but they are oblivious that the rest of their strategy dictates they should in fact not lead here and actually many gto solvers would suggest the actually ev of leading the turn is not high at all and thus it's not an ideal play.

Anyway in this spot I felt I would have a lot of hands that would simply give up the turn like 98o, q7s etc that checking back AJ with the possibility of jamming over river bet was good. I also block jx/ax that could potentially call a second barrel and have reverse blockers to all straight draws, I'm not sure here at all by maybe betting small on the turn with my betting range would be best and including hands like j5 and occasionally checking hands like AJ. I'm not exactly sure though, I think betting AJ a lot of the time and checking it sometimes is fine though, we can reconsider/evaluate depending on villains river action. I think most of the ev in the hand vs the population will be to check back and bluff catch vs missed draws/random floats otf (like villain had in this hand that would likely fold the turn)

My advice would simply be to try and build good c/r ranges and then start developing the rest of your strategy based on how your flop strategy is. Building a well balanced and easy to play c/r range on j43r is tough/fun though, so I'm not necessarily suggesting to go bat shit crazy on the flop here, just in general.

I guess this is why tracking tools like note caddy are pretty strong. If you check heat mats in game that opponents are always checking bottom pair on these textures and betting a certain range then you can start playing certain hands this way, but without that you're making a lot of assumptions and if you're not trying to play a strictly GTO based game then it will be relatively tough to play explotatively here as everybody has different, random strategies.

How do you think opponent played his hand?

J4339

Call pre (3x open 27bb effective) call flop (1/3pot) check turn, lead river (60%) I'm not saying it's bad btw, just wondering how you guys think he could/should have played it differently

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7527 on: December 12, 2015, 10:38:47 AM »

I can shove here or check and I think that's what most people do. I was very unsure really. I thought player two could have 22-66 very often and the opener potentially too. I decided to bet 4K to protect a little vs overs. Player 1 c/r to 15k and whilst i didn't love It the pot it now 46k and its 14k for me to call, he could potentially have worse , maybe just going with Laura,

ok next one.

worse means what? the 8 of spades, pretty key card on this texture obv. but struggling to understand this.

next one, is the the "maybe just going with laura" i mean

Pics of Laura of GTFO obv.

Board was kk8 I had j8s (may have wrote wrong in ep because of this fucking spell check Cheesy) so he could potentially have 98s, 87s, t8s potentially. Maybe 5 realistic combos if we're generalizing.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7528 on: December 12, 2015, 10:49:49 AM »

Actually played hand where I lead yesterday. I defend be with q4s. Flop if 874 one of my suit. I c/c 30% (which was v close but he had high Cbet) turn was 7, I lead 1000 into 5000 and he folds. Him folding KT etc is really great for me, AJ, whatever else, he can definitely call worse and he will not raise me and will call his draws as well. It's also ambitious for him to go 3 streets on a lot of run outs with over pairs or top pair so if I have turned trips it's nice to bet two times too. Maybe overbetting river on some run outs too.

It's also a board when I won't c/r two pair because I have ever 65o combo, c/r combo draws and sets more desirable too.

One of most important things in tournament poker is taking initiative and controlling the size of the pot.

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #7529 on: December 12, 2015, 02:06:28 PM »

Wow my drunken post produced very detailed and fascinating replies - thank you! I love all that stuff, honestly, find it so interesting. Done what I thought was a lot of GTO stuff but that's a few levels above.

When I play 90% live cash 10% live tournaments it's been hard to see the benefits of going deeper with all that stuff, though like I said, I love it.

I think though like you said, that stuff has filtered down from HS to MS online (kinda what my 215c remark was about) but not to live poker, and I stand by what I said about seeing a c/call, donk on that texture 1 time in a thousand (or did I say million Cheesy).

I'd personally bet 3x on the flop there a lot for protection since I expect to get c/raised so rarely. And since I'm btn I have similar 3x combos to bb so I'd say I still have the range advantage what with all the JJ+ combos that bb is less likely to have.

It's interesting how you're obviously playing in hugely tougher games so having to build more complex strategies and think more deeply about this stuff in game. You guys are getting way ahead of us live guys, but I think we're making more money (for now!).

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Pages: 1 ... 498 499 500 501 [502] 503 504 505 506 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: