blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:25:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272477 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 573 574 575 576 [577] 578 579 580 581 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1416301 times)
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #8640 on: October 03, 2017, 09:59:54 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

Great day for the bet, Tomi final tabled 2 WCOOPs low for 60+k, I managed to win the bb215 for $18k and Tomi had a big score yesterday at Party.

Swedes will always pile pressure on us though, will be very fun bet to follow hopefully Smiley

I'm updating on instagram story feature on twitter, "bitbstaking" including singing in the shower today....

What was the final tally?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8641 on: October 08, 2017, 02:37:25 PM »

Tonight

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8642 on: October 16, 2017, 01:28:04 AM »

Been ridiculous busy last few weeks, away all the time at different business meetings, lots of really exciting things going on, will try and write about them soon, found this fun fantasy draft we did years ago for Ireland UKIPT.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8643 on: November 06, 2017, 01:15:55 AM »

Couple people asked me to xpost blog form 2p2 into here, happy to do it and hopefully can have some dialogue/discussion.

Introduction

My names Patrick Leonard, I started making blogs when I was playing $1 SNGs and wanted to one day be "the best in the business". 7 years later, each year, almost by accident has gone better than the last and this year managed to win 3 tournaments in vegas back to back for $1.2m+,  get over the $1m online profits mark in MTTs and consolidate my stable as the best in the world.

Point of the blog

I have gotten very, very lucky to be in the position I'm in, I worked hard, but without real structure, I just worked, sometimes aimlessly non stop with a lot of passion and some pretty good intuition. 2018 is going to be planned out to a tee, there is going to be focus, dedication and progression in myself as a person, poker player, stable owner and ambassador, I will cover the journey of each in the blog on a daily basis.

Goals for 2018

It sounds strange doing "2018 goals" when October has barely past, but for what I want to achieve in 2018 I need to plan in advance and get ready. Previously I would sit at my keyboard on December 31st, hungover from my birthday the day before and scramble down the most generic goals (go to gym 2x/week, study x/week etc etc) I am not going to set a minimum or maximum amount of tournaments that I will play, or a minimum or maximum amount of hours I will study.

Pre 2018 Short term

- Create a planner for 2018 schedule of tournaments I will go to

- Hire an assistant to do the following things:
  - Make sure every week fresh healthy food is delivered to home address
  - Make sure when I go to live tournaments flights are booked in advance
  - Make sure airbnbs are booked in advance for all live tournaments to ensure best quality/price
  - Make sure fresh/healthy food is delivered to airbnb in advance
  - Have a gym or sports options closeby ready and booked

- Hire an intern to work on the following things:
   - Continue building the "P-Files" to a way more advanced level

2018 Medium Term

- At December 31st 2018 be 100% sure that I have done everything in power to have the highest perceived (in my own opinion) roi in any tournament that I will register
- At December 31st 2018 be confident I am in the top 20 online MTT regs
- In December play a football match and it be completely obvious that I am the fittest on the pitch (currently bottom 10% for sure)
- Launch bitB in at least 5 different new countries
- Launch bitB in at least 2 different new game types
- When my friends ask each other where should they deposit to have a little gamble online for the answer to be partypoker.
- For regs to speak about where they are going to grind "Powerfest" next month rather than "SCOOP/WCOOP"

2019 Long term

- Have a clear vision what I want to do for the next 5 years.

- - - - - - - -

I'll quote each goal and speak about it in details over the next posts, feel free (PLEASE!!) get involved, reply, critique, suggest etc etc. These blogs really do usually die when there's a lack of interaction, but will try my hardest to keep it as up to date as possible.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8644 on: November 06, 2017, 01:17:02 AM »

Pre 2018 Short term

- Create a planner for 2018 schedule of tournaments I will go to

I started this, but its quite tough with incomplete releasing of schedules.

The plan is to play:

- All of the main partypoker Millions events (Germany in February, Barcelona in March and more throughout the year)

- As many of the Aria events as possible (usually they have 3-4 over a weekend all 10-25k buy ins) the big SHR Bowl schedule which has 10k/25k/50k/100k/300k.

- Big series that run in Macau or ran by the same Triton group like Montenegro a few weeks ago.

- High rollers at Dusk Till Dawn, there will be quite a few 2k+ buy ins there over the year and good thing is you can play day 1c online on partypoker which helps A LOT

- WSOP

- The occasional Stars tournament

- Random £1k+ tournaments in London

If somebody had a good way of keeping these all up to date, finding out when new tournaments get announced etc that would be great, I'm doing this in google doc and doesn't look gto.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8645 on: November 06, 2017, 01:17:51 AM »

Pre 2018 Short term

- Hire an assistant to do the following things:
  - Make sure every week fresh healthy food is delivered to home address
  - Make sure when I go to live tournaments flights are booked in advance
  - Make sure airbnbs are booked in advance for all live tournaments to ensure best quality/price
  - Make sure fresh/healthy food is delivered to airbnb in advance
  - Have a gym or sports options closeby ready and booked

I am really, really bad for both eating bad and spending/wasting money so many stupid flights booked, or last minute 5 star hotels etc. I kind of always liked being able to live like that, but I think when you're sloppy in these kind of things its tougher to respect other things and bring structure. Not sure exactly, but it will be nice to be like this for a while I think. I have a lot of things I love spending money on which I will keep doing, I think one of the biggest mistakes people make is under spending on things that they enjoy doing.

Regarding eating, I have very bad structure regarding eating, I will wake up, not have a good breakfast and then go eat a big, relatively unhealthy meal (daily nandos <3) then not eat much for rest of day then binge before I sleep. I much prefer the structured good breakfast, chicken/veg, meat/veg. I am not a fancy eater at all, so this should be east, having somebody do it for me 52 weeks of the year is great. If I'm in Barcelona there is no chance I am ever ordering healthy options by myself in advance etc.

Regarding hiring somebody, any thoughts/advice? European/Elmerix and I started using Leverage yesterday, its basically your own personal assistant, but its relatively expensive, $100/month then $40/hour iirc. What do people think is a reasonable salary for this? Its pretty basic, booking flights/food/airbnb/sports but needs to be reliable too, once its done the first time in the future should be super easy for them.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8646 on: November 06, 2017, 01:18:42 AM »

Pre 2018 Short term

- Hire an intern to work on the following things:
   - Continue building the "P-Files" to a way more advanced level

Not sure how much I want to say on this. Basically if there is a random tournament on somewhere, especially 10k+ buy in, I would bet that either me or David Yan know more people than anybody else. I have been very geeky reading poker forums and asking questions for the last 7 years. I read probably 20 blogs using google translate from regs from other countries and I usually walk around the high roller fields and if I don't know somebody I make it my business that I do before the end of the day.

I decided around 6 months ago to make sure that all of this "hard work" is not wasted and bought a notebook which I geekily renamed the P-Files. I have a lot of info on most of the regs, online stats, tendencies, weaknesses, leaks, if I think they are staked, who they discuss poker with blah blah. For the next 2 months I want to work with an intern helping crop 100s of hours of online footage from feature tables and look very strongly for live "stuff" to add to this. I need it to be ordered better, structured better and to be a big help for 2018. I don't share this with anybody or ask for others to contribute to it.

Again, best way to hire for this? Enthusiastic young poker guy or use Leverage again?

The inspiration for this came out from Barcelona feature table, I haven't been able to "watch" myself back very often as never been on feature tables, but watched all of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpVt5mrEWas

Fund hand is from 55:40, but watching me here I just think that I maybe need to slightly change live presence a little bit. I really didn't think I was EXACTLY like I was, and I should know EXACTLY how I look in every spot.

So much stuff is happening in this hand. I'll try and post stuff I see

55:50, I start looking for live reads telling him I check to my friend and make sure we both smile before cards come (will help later)
56:00 I'm riffling chips
56:00 I am bobbing my head a lot. I had no idea I did this lol
56:20 He puts his chips in some kind of strange way
56:30 My head hasn't stopped bobbing
56:45 I'm shuffling chips a little differently
56:50 I do something with my cards
56:55 My hand is over my mouth
57:40 I call pretty quickly, definitely no "fake tank/balanced tank"
57:50 My hand around my neck I'm not aware of in real life
57:58 I instantly lead for min bet
58:05 I am chewing somewhat aggressively, probably gto never to chew
58:20 My shuffling speed has decreased
58:30 How sexy is the bet though
58:45 I am obviously very very happy the move worked but people at the table will be able to see some emotion in me, probably gto to not show emotion imo.

Anyway, think you should watch the hand, its extremely interesting hand imo. not just strategically, but both of us are very very different in the hand, one is wearing sunglasses, playing very cool customer image, shuffling slow and quietly, deliberation about every single move, putting chips in the same way (or at least trying) I am more all over the place, lots of movement, lots of noise, aggressive shuffling. I think this has kind of always been my style and its worked well though, people, I think at least, pots I play become very intense, people get emotionally involved when they shouldn't, maybe I'm more involved than I should be who knows.

Anyway, the plan is to go over 100's of hours of this footage for all tournaments from last 1 year and improve P-Files.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8647 on: November 06, 2017, 01:19:41 AM »

2018 Medium Term

- At December 31st 2018 be 100% sure that I have done everything in power to have the highest perceived (in my own opinion) roi in any tournament that I will register
- At December 31st 2018 be confident I am in the top 20 online MTT regs

This is pretty self explanatory. I believe right now I have top 5 rois in the high rollers that I play, but I know that there is still lots of room for me to work on. I know also the others guys will be working very hard and big difference (unless I persuade Euro to join me on the journey which would be so amazing) is that the Germans have a group of like 10 guys, all working together and spreading information, so I have to work 10x as hard just to keep up.

A lot of my time will be spent on travelling, playing live tournaments, exploiting each guy individually etc, but I still want to be at the top of the online game too. I think its unrealistic I will be as good as the guys who play 300+ days of the year, they will know population tendencies better and exploit weaker regs because of how the game slowly transitions. I feel like I will be able to exploit well still and will continue to work on ICM very hard, especially bubble icm as its so important in these SHR's which have small fields and with PIO/CREV but only when node locking in PIO to help me compare and evaluate the ev of different lines.

My time playing online will be during series (most/every day) Sundays (45+ weeks) and the random midweek day.

I will set initial goal of 85 full online MTT sessions.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8648 on: November 06, 2017, 01:20:15 AM »

2018 Medium Term

- In December play a football match and it be completely obvious that I am the fittest on the pitch (currently bottom 10% for sure)

I went to play in Richmond last week, before we started ball got passed over to me, my first touch was probably 50 yard half volley it bounced accurately on the guys foot 50 yards away and it felt so good. Playing football well is a really great feeling, just like playing poker well, I get a lot of satisfaction over it. However 30 minutes later after that first warm up pass, I was ****ed, knew I couldn't go up/down as much as I would have been able to previously and that is very frustrating.

When I was 15/16 I was regional champion in cross country, 1500m, 3000m etc, I really was very fit, I was running against guys 1 foot taller than me lol, but I kind of prided myself on being the fittest guy in every football team I played it. It's kind of sad that now I will be the least fit guy by a long way if I join anything close to a serious football team. This may be the hardest goal! Will keep updated from every football game, maybe try and get somebody to come film some games etc if people would like that?

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8649 on: November 06, 2017, 01:21:41 AM »

2018 Medium Term

- Launch bitB in at least 5 different new countries
- Launch bitB in at least 2 different new game types

One of my favourite things about running bitB is meeting people from different countries. Almost all the countries have their own "identity". Meeting the Brazilians, the Germans, the Romanians its really really great. Lots of people all with their own journey, following them, helping them, being inspired from them, its really great.

Unfortunately a bunch of people apply who can't speak the language perfectly which means we have to turn them down. We also don't want to take a lot of people on, we like to keep it close knit. Moving forward, to me I think it would be very cool to have things like bitB Italy. We have never staked an Italian player before, I don't think one has ever even applied, maybe because they don't know us, maybe poor English I'm not sure. Having bitB Italy where I could work in co-operation with a Italy local hero or crusher and follow the journey and meet new guys would be really great for me (and them hopefully!)

Last week somebody told me that in HU hypers with 25bbs, when button limps were supposed to have a 10bb iso range which then folds to some jams and obviously calls some jams. I was like 1) Wow thats so interesting 2) I know nothing about HU short stack play

Using our brand I think we can cooperate with some different game types, maybe hypers, maybe cash games, whatever else. 1) We can make a great product with our skill set of staking combined with some players who are very good 2) It strengthens bitB brand 3) Our MTT players can learn from things from other games 4) Its fun1

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8650 on: November 06, 2017, 01:22:49 AM »

2018 Medium Term

- When my friends ask each other where should they deposit to have a little gamble online for the answer to be partypoker.
- For regs to speak about where they are going to grind "Powerfest" next month rather than "SCOOP/WCOOP"

Its funny because I really can't just passively do something. When I was coming up the ranks I REALLY wanted to be sponsored by full tilt, have a red name, have the glory, the recognition, the benefits etc. When I joined partypoker it was great, but I just cant simply sit there and go to tournaments etc. I really want to be involved and make a difference in anything I am involved or associated with. I love working with partypoker, its like football manager, they are the cool team to manage. The people there are great, Tom/Rob so good to speak to and very respectful of ideas and the team they have genuinely work very hard.

Everything is being put in place, but when Man City decided to go from mid table team to the best team in the world they had a few things which didn't quite go to plan (Benjani!) but there was a LOT of good times throughout the years. With PP, everything is really accelerated and every day I am always saying WOW.

I saw the new software yesterday, its coming both this and next month in instalments and its fantastic. The live tour I was looking at in full this week and helping yesterday with suggestions on how the structures etc should be. Online, so much happening. I won't get into debates in this thread about pro's/con's of PP, but will update when I do something cool there, last month signed Boris Becker tennis racket came through the post from him after I went to his charity tournament in Czech Republic! Pretty surreal.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8651 on: November 06, 2017, 01:23:20 AM »

2019 Long term

- Have a clear vision what I want to do for the next 5 years.

This one is a little vague. Hopefully 2018 goes "to plan" if i have a successful year by accident I wouldn't really see that as a success. I've managed to have very good years, but in poker that is somewhat achievable, moving forward into 2019-2050(!) its a long, long time, but I believe 2018 will be the year that helps me most for that period.

I think that 2019 will be (hopefully!) about investing money, perhaps taking a step back a little bit from intense poker, but won't focus on 2019 just yet, long term is somewhere at the back of my mind and can stay there for now.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8652 on: November 06, 2017, 01:24:04 AM »

For those of you who don't know wtf bitB is. Its staking team which stands for (best in the Business) ironic title as I started it as a $1 HU SNG player. We're currently staking exclusively for MTT's online and live. It takes up probably 10+ hours of my day from one way to another. Coaching, management, thinking about things, being in the community etc. I do it with my good friends that I made through poker (tomi/sam - elmerix/european) and a lot of the guys we have worked with have became genuine friends. If a guy is deep in a tournament, even the Million or WSOP or whatever else I am basically never thinking 1 second about my financial interest and purely about their personal situation/wanting them to win. Its the strangest thing ever and sounds cliche/bull**** but its 100% true. I can't understand why other people ghost people that they stake, obviously financially it makes sense for them, but this is their BIG TIME, their BIG OCCASION, imagine you're 3 previous deepest runs you stopped playing at the final table?? Whats the ****ing point?!

Anyway, year to date graph (coaches not included) people who have binked huge and then left not included.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8653 on: November 06, 2017, 01:24:33 AM »

Nice little bink on Sunday. Always like winning this kind of field size, tournament doesn't go on for so long. I don't care about actual $ results online anymore, its basically all down to variance and luck of how you run in your high buy ins. I just have expectations of high standards for myself.

I watched the football, then got into a session around 7pm. I quickly had 10+m tables and I just wasn't enjoying it at all, I was just wanting the session to end, i was set up perfectly, amazing monitor, PC quicker can Mbappe but just couldn't enjoy the session. I had 6 tables left, I switched the PC off by the big button and just went downstairs, sat on sofa, dog cuddled up to me and I loaded up the tables on my laptop and my focus/desire was just a different level, I loved having less tables and being in a comfortable position and just felt completely in the A game. I think moving forward I'm going to play 6 tables, 8 absolutely maximum, I don't need to grind it out, I don't need to play volume to get over the variance, I've already accepted variance will always win when by abi fluctuates so much. I will use it as training yard, more focus/less tables means that I will find spots more interesting, see population tendencies more and get way more reads.

Will see how that goes.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8654 on: November 06, 2017, 01:25:00 AM »

So obviously last night after writing everything and spending time watching one drop I was just so excited to play haha.

I checked online and theres some pretty fun things coming up.

November

19-26 GUKPT Grand Final (in my city)
18-25th Amsterdam Classics (anybody know how this will be?)
25th- 10th LAPC In bellagio, bunch of tournaments including a $10k with $2m for first.

December

Prague festival of poker.

I have so much to study/set up etc, do you think I should just spend these two months max/mass preparing or do you think I should play these?

My plan for January is to go to Nottingham in the first week and play the £1k/£2.5ks, play powerfest online series during the middle and then go to Aria for 3 days to play 2 25ks and 1 10k.

February I will go to Millions Germany for the week long series which will have a 10k, 5k, 25ks and a good 1k. Then from 21st-24th go to Aria for 3 25ks and 1 10k

Missing anything obvious out here? I'm not going to go to PCA or Aussie Millions. And thoughts on how I should spend the end of 2017?

Pages: 1 ... 573 574 575 576 [577] 578 579 580 581 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: