blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:19:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  Whats in a name .... ?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Whats in a name .... ?  (Read 104672 times)
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« on: June 08, 2005, 11:10:54 AM »

During a moment of boredom, i decided to look through the members list to see what weird and wonderful "screen names" we have amongst us ...

I have seen an Action man, an axxe man, a goth man, a huse man,a kash man, a speed man, a dice man and a welsh man. I have also seen a del boy, a geordie boy, a lang boy, the boy,the kid, the milky bar kid, and the ugly kid.

But I have also seen a seedier side to the forum Wink
we have the King of filth, a hustlah, a freak, the poker whore,a tight end, Dirk diggler, a winkie, a wobble and a rear end rumper  Shocked

Oh and the forums newest member is called ...... DAVE   lol 

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Scottish Dave

Im in love with Trigg!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 11:17:17 AM »

I know, i know, its embarrassing, but It was the name given to me by my Mum, what can i Do???  lol

Click to see full-size image.

Last Man Standing 2 - Champion!!               The Shrewdie's!!
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2005, 11:27:55 AM »

There are still some of us who like to put our names to our opinions though aren't there. I never post, write or say anything I won't sign and take the consequences for.
It's a fairly friendly board as well though, which helps
K9sixtwo

Sigillum Militum Xpisti

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2005, 11:31:51 AM »

Intrestig to note that whilst there is a Del Boy ,a Geordie boy , a lang Boy and the Boy ... I cant seem to see reference to the most famous of Boys .......Matey Boy Grin
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2005, 11:33:24 AM »

LOL LOL    Matey boy is barred from the site for inflicting bad beats on all the members.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2005, 03:35:48 PM »

I think it would be interesting if people told us why they chose their alias. Mine was born when no one played very much poker in this country, at least not that I knew of, It was all three card bragg, shoot, crib, pontoon, crash etc

we were playing these games in a dealers choice sort of fashion but people were coming up with werid and wonderfull games that no one, including themselves, knew the rules to

Not to be outdone when my turn came to choose I said, "Montana red dog" cos Id heard some cowboys in a film say it, of couse I didnt know how to play it, still dont, but, according to the rules I made up, my hand happend to be the best

I did have another alias, bestowed upon me by the regulars of Annabelles in coventry, T.A.P.S.
 (thick as pig shit) but Im trying to live that one down

The older I get, the better I was.
Ruru

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2005, 03:53:45 PM »

lol red dog  Grin Ruru is derived from the complete and utter inability of people to spell or pronounce Ruairidh (roor-ee) Shocked Silly Irish names eh???

"This game's all about making the wrong move at the right time"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2005, 04:01:15 PM »

Tight End is nothing perverse, or originally nothing poker related, but is the position I played for a (loosely) semi-pro american football team in the British League about fifteen years ago.

By the time I started playing poker, with a tightish style to start out with, it became something that seemed appropriate

Still an NFL saddo, which puts me in a huge minority but offers fantastic opportunities for beating UK bookie supremacy spreads on games in a season that begins every September.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2005, 04:29:34 PM »

Karabiner was the name(amongst others) which a lot of the Greek players in Notts. used to refer to me as.

I believe it means "wild thing" or something similar.

Wink

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2005, 04:31:24 PM »

Id wondered about yours Karabina because it's a word called out most nights still in notts
BlueWolf
Humble Overlord & Master Of All

Kill Me Now

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2005, 04:40:11 PM »

MIne derives from on old nickname from my football playing days at Wolves (only youth level), I once wore one of the rockesque black tshirts with a print of a blue wolf's head on it  under my shirt and scored a hattrick hehehe the name has kinda stuck from there, I've also since found out its an ancient Mongolian Legend too. Sad really i'm know known more by this than my real name in work circles thanks to a certain Blondite and his TV show

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2005, 04:57:23 PM »

lol red dog  Grin Ruru is derived from the complete and utter inability of people to spell or pronounce Ruairidh (roor-ee) Shocked Silly Irish names eh???

Ruru, are you the Ruairidh that I have exchanged e-mails with at Betfair ?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
AlrightJack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2005, 05:34:25 PM »

AlrightJack is derived from a line in Pink Floyd's 'Money', which I thought was particularly appropriate as a poker screen name.

'Money, get back, I'm AlrightJack, keep your hands off my stack'

People don't seem to get the message though  Sad
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2005, 05:34:50 PM »

That would be him Karabiner. Mine is quite simple and obvious and was given to me in a live game because I go on and on and on. Either that or because im hung like a hoover Grin

ariston

better lucky than good
Newportlad

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2005, 05:51:42 PM »

Tightend... Which British Team did you play for?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: