blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:39:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Genting to repay £70,000 to WPT London players & dealers!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Genting to repay £70,000 to WPT London players & dealers!  (Read 27625 times)
Murph1984

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2010, 12:34:56 PM »

The quotes attributed to me in this post have no foundation in fact whatsoever. The OP can by all means contact me personally to discuss.

I am the person responsible for this event, including the WPT and Bellagio team contracts. The Bellagio team were responsible for 15 % attendance of the Field travelling from the US including P Ivey. No one can argue the attendances and cash action were less the disappointing, creating a significant loss to the Palm Beach. The Partouche event in Cannes had a big impact on the numbers. The buy in in Cannes was EU 8500 with EU 1500 taken in juice per player.

Lessons will be taken from this event, I made no agreements with any of my staff regarding deductions. For the benefit of any doubt this weekend the EPO buy in is £3.5k with £250 taken in fees, no other deductions.

So basically you were giving the players a bargain by ripping them off less than competitors.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2010, 12:42:51 PM »

The Partouche event in Cannes had a big impact on the numbers. The buy in in Cannes was EU 8500 with EU 1500 taken in juice per player.

Well, it takes two seconds to go to the Hendon Mob and find it is a  € 7,750 + 750 No Limit Hold'em - Main Event   
€3,000,000 Guaranteed.... http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/festival.php?a=r&n=7534

Besides, that's by the by. The fact is that an event is advertised as £5,000 + £300 had an additional £200 per player come out of the prizepool on top. On http://www.worldpokertour.com/Shared/Tournaments/Seasons/Season_9/WPT_London_Poker_Classic.aspx they mention the prizepool deductions in the £250 rebuy and the £15k high roller (£600 per player is pretty ridic given that the EPT High Roller in Monte Carlo had a €25k buyin but only €500 juice despite a field size over 5 times bigger than London) but there is no mention of the main event.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2010, 04:13:51 PM »

Am I right in thinking the WPT was sold for 1p recently with huge debt,if so I wonder why!!!!!
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2010, 04:19:05 PM »

Glad i swerved the WPT last week now and played the £60 f/o at Luton instead.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2010, 09:47:11 PM »

The quotes attributed to me in this post have no foundation in fact whatsoever. The OP can by all means contact me personally to discuss.

I am the person responsible for this event, including the WPT and Bellagio team contracts. The Bellagio team were responsible for 15 % attendance of the Field travelling from the US including P Ivey. No one can argue the attendances and cash action were less the disappointing, creating a significant loss to the Palm Beach. The Partouche event in Cannes had a big impact on the numbers. The buy in in Cannes was EU 8500 with EU 1500 taken in juice per player.

Lessons will be taken from this event, I made no agreements with any of my staff regarding deductions. For the benefit of any doubt this weekend the EPO buy in is £3.5k with £250 taken in fees, no other deductions.

Please can you read your post over again, and put urself in the position of someone who feels s if they've been ripped off, and think how you would react.

Sorry, but very poor response

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2010, 09:48:33 PM »

Simon tompsett please put a proper reply on this thread. Yours is a complete joke

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2010, 12:26:16 AM »

I'd rather have posted sober than drunk but meh,it was the typical response from someone trying to cover there own arse after they screwed up,this is an absolute joke and if I was the person who'd run this comp I'd be thoroughly ashamed of myself,the £200 taking from each player that wasn't made aware to players pre comp is an absolute disgrace and to try and use another tournaments fees(that I believe where openly portrayed) is pathetic.I'd be very surprised if there was a further official response to this as there is no defending it.
JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2010, 12:30:32 AM »

There's a £10k heads up at the Empire this month and I'm hoping to get some non locals to play it so any chance any of u English players, let's call u mugs for ease of use, can stump up say £100 each to get some of our foreign friends over to play too?

Also, I think there's a chance if u all stump up another £100 I can get the best player in the world to come and probably win it too. Sure Mr Ivey is well chuffed that his name is being used as one of the reasons why the WPT field all had £200 taken out of their entry without their consent.
neverbluff67

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2010, 01:17:49 AM »

Jake, did they ask you if you wanted to leave a tip after you won?

They did, i actually did tip..  maybe i shouldnt have but its not the actual dealers fault.
AP

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2010, 08:37:04 AM »

There's a £10k heads up at the Empire this month and I'm hoping to get some non locals to play it so any chance any of u English players, let's call u mugs for ease of use, can stump up say £100 each to get some of our foreign friends over to play too?

Also, I think there's a chance if u all stump up another £100 I can get the best player in the world to come and probably win it too. Sure Mr Ivey is well chuffed that his name is being used as one of the reasons why the WPT field all had £200 taken out of their entry without their consent.
The whole thing was a complete rip off ! The juice was rediculous ! Jeff is right though they do think the english are complete mugs where else in the world would they charge poker players 4 quid for a cup of tea and 15 quid for the players buffet ? Like I said the whole thing was a complete piss take imo.
JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2010, 01:41:49 PM »

As was said yesterday, no point getting angry now, just vote with your feet. I played down the Empire last night, they had 5 1k seats added plus they didn't charge any juice on their £100fo....organisation wasn't great but u can't complain at that given the lack of value for money provided by the event last week at the Palm Beach
Descartes

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2010, 07:22:51 PM »

As one of the dealers who has become aware of this from reading the OP, I contacted Simon Thompsett, who seemed very reluctant to take this matter seriously.

I have since spoken to other dealers about this and some have taken the opinion, on advice, that this may actually be a police matter.

Whilst I think it is too early for this, if the matter is not addressed correctly I think I may agree with other dissenters, as it seems Palm Beach have not invited dealers back further infuriating the matter in attempt to cover themselves.

Maybe I could take this chance to remind Mr Thompsett of the old saying 'The webs we weave when first we wish to deceive.'

marcro

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2010, 07:26:02 PM »

If you want a reply from Matt Savage, post on 2+2.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2010, 07:54:04 PM »

If you want a reply from Matt Savage, post on 2+2.

Or tweet him at @SavagePoker, he's really good at replying.

Descartes

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2010, 10:57:35 PM »

I'm willing to wait a short while, but I'm not depending on the vagaries of internet networking to settle a legal situation. I freelance my services through my limited company, and if the situation remains as it is, then I shall pursue the case in the same manner as I would with any other work related payments.

I was also scheduled for other work at Palm Beach, and had been for over 4 weeks prior meaning I have turned down other work for the scheduled period, and that job doesn't seem to have been honoured due to the matter, so it is even more important now that this is resolved.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: