blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:03:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272483 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  DTD MONTHLY DEEPSTACK..IS IT REALLY ?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD MONTHLY DEEPSTACK..IS IT REALLY ?  (Read 9631 times)
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2010, 07:39:21 PM »

Why not do some 6 max turbos, and have a set amount of time chips per player. 30 seconds to make your decision unless you lob in a time chip and then you get say 90 seconds.....

not that hard to do, fixes the problem of people constantly playing so slowly etc

MORE 6 max turbos please ROB they rule!!!!!
NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2010, 10:00:46 PM »

I love turbo comps, they are the nuts.

There is one problem, the players.

So many players tank forever over easy decisions just like they do in regular tournaments.

It means live turbo comps just end up having 4 or 5 hands per level.

If only there was a way of implementing a time bank in live poker.

give the dealer a stopclock, he counts to 5 in his head when the action is on a player, at zero he sets the clock to 20/30 seconds. hand is dead once the alarm sounds. players get 2 "timeout" chips they can throw into the middle to give them another 20/30 seconds on a hand.

promote it as the TNT: Turbo Nightly Timeout

but seriously, all dealers should have the stopclocks in use for live turbo tournaments imo

Christopher Brammer
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2010, 10:25:03 PM »

I love turbo comps, they are the nuts.

There is one problem, the players.

So many players tank forever over easy decisions just like they do in regular tournaments.

It means live turbo comps just end up having 4 or 5 hands per level.

If only there was a way of implementing a time bank in live poker.

give the dealer a stopclock, he counts to 5 in his head when the action is on a player, at zero he sets the clock to 20/30 seconds. hand is dead once the alarm sounds. players get 2 "timeout" chips they can throw into the middle to give them another 20/30 seconds on a hand.

promote it as the TNT: Turbo Nightly Timeout

but seriously, all dealers should have the stopclocks in use for live turbo tournaments imo

IS IT

aka

DOOOOO IT
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2010, 10:29:12 PM »

Make it sng turbo madness
So u can play more
After ur bust

Just me
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2010, 10:45:25 PM »

deffo have 2-3 turbos on a sunday afternoon after a deepstack or something!
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2010, 11:18:30 PM »

I think the problem tho is that turbo's wont attract anyone apart from people like the guys in this thread who have been championing the idea - all really good players, and cos of this DTD wont put much of a gtd on them and the weaker payers wont be attracted to play (even though they defo should) and the comps be less and less value spesh if people have to travel.

Its a sick idea though whihc im mega +1'ING

and I really dont think this needs saying again but why not not like I have anything else to do...

MORE CHIPS DOES NOT EQUAL A DEEPER STRUCTURE.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2010, 11:36:03 PM »

I think the problem tho is that turbo's wont attract anyone apart from people like the guys in this thread who have been championing the idea - all really good players, and cos of this DTD wont put much of a gtd on them and the weaker payers wont be attracted to play (even though they defo should) and the comps be less and less value spesh if people have to travel.

and I really dont think this needs saying again but why not not like I have anything else to do...

Do you not think those who mainly play for the social aspect would be interested in playing 27/45 mans with the chance of playing 6/7 comps in one day and with a small field a chance to luckbox a win ?

I think it could make for a cracking day of poker but not sure how well it would be attended but then there's only one way to find out,hopefully Rob and co maybe see the potential and give it a go.Also +1 to all saying no changes necessary for the 300,it's a cracking comp and nothing needs tweaked at all.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2010, 12:19:49 AM »

Do you not think those who mainly play for the social aspect would be interested in playing 27/45 mans with the chance of playing 6/7 comps in one day and with a small field a chance to luckbox a win ?

I think it could make for a cracking day of poker but not sure how well it would be attended but then there's only one way to find out,hopefully Rob and co maybe see the potential and give it a go.Also +1 to all saying no changes necessary for the 300,it's a cracking comp and nothing needs tweaked at all.

Yh you mean 5 or 6 in the same day? I missed that bit, I think that would go down pretty well.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2010, 12:25:51 AM »

Yh you mean 5 or 6 in the same day? I missed that bit, I think that would go down pretty well.

I wasn't sure what Paul meant but it's something I've wondered if it could work live.I reckon it could work really well and there could be a range of buy in's throughout the day from £20 upwards have 5-6 running at once and lasting between 1 1/2-2 hours and run 5-6 in one day.Maybe I'm in the minority though and there might not be enough interest.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2010, 12:34:07 AM »

Basically I'm abs terrible live and this would be my only chance of ever winning.
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2010, 01:01:07 AM »

i mean mtt sngs would be good i think

ie not a schedule tourney

Just me
mike saban

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2010, 02:09:34 AM »

This is a brilliant idea, especially if it was done on regular basis over a weekend when the club was full, say for example from 8pm until close Fri and Sat. Reserve 5 tables and as soon as you get 5 tables, you're good to go. Make the buyin 20 + 5, 30 +5 whatever sensible rake you think you'll need to charge, and make the payouts similiar to what you get online i.e top 6/7 cash. IMO this is a winner and would certainly attract a lot. Great Idea.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2010, 02:11:00 AM »

Not for rake compared to cash games...........
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 19, 2010, 09:40:14 AM »

I love turbos and would enjoy one more than a deepstack, but I wouldn't travel to go and play one. I come up from London probably every other month to play the Deepstack but wouldn't if it was turbo.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 19, 2010, 10:57:12 AM »

Not for rake compared to cash games...........

It could be done and still keep cash games running,simples.I would travel down because I like having fun and I like poker.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: