blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 08:07:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272772 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  wow just wow,wow,wow FLUSHY
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 ... 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: wow just wow,wow,wow FLUSHY  (Read 85120 times)
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: February 04, 2011, 03:35:10 PM »

Hey Sofa, the thread was locked for 20 minutes. I needed that time to sort out the deletions, the PMs etc

I've done it before, not locked a thread, and by the time I've gone back everything is quoted and the thing is running away

I unlocked it as soon as it was sorted.

Not one mod has wanted to see the thread locked for long, or removed

MC made an error of judgement, and he has apologised to you. I expected you'd react to the comment at the time, and took that into account when removing the post and not doing anything else. I really don't want to ban anyone, unless left with no other option

FAIR ENOUGH

one two buckle my shoe,three four,i wish i had velcro
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 04, 2011, 03:35:26 PM »

btw Woodsey, I can assure you 100% I am not jealous of someone who can afford to buy a personised number.

I pity them occassionally, but i have never been jealous of them.

Enjoy your plasma tv, make sure you get a HD one.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
remf

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 04, 2011, 03:37:13 PM »

Having a personalised number plate is like putting two fingers up to the rest of the world. Saying I've got so much money I can waste on it something like this

Do you feel the same way about poker players who wear ridiculously expensive hoodie's and watch's?
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 04, 2011, 03:37:29 PM »

For what it's worth every single time in my life I have driven past a car with a personalised number plate I have thought "tosser" or something similar.

It is a dire waste of money and almost obscene to flaunt wealth in this way when there is so much poverty in the UK/the world.

I think you could say that about many things in life, where does that flaunting start and end though? The medium size car instead of the big car? The 3 bed semi instead of the 5 bed detached? I want to get a 50 inch plasma when I move to a bigger place, I don't need it but I want it. I really waste money on shit I want to do, but why not I've earned it?

People have different values on what stuff is necessary/worth while in life and they will never agree on what is/isn't, its just a pointless argument and wrong for others to say what is isn't.

Its normally but not always down to jealously in my experience.

It's funny I don't think the same about an expensive car.

Having a nice car adds something to your life, the extra comfort, speed, safety etc are reasons I don't begrudge rich people having nice cars.

Hell, if I ever win a big poker tournament, I would trade up to a nicer car.

Having a personalised number plate is like putting two fingers up to the rest of the world. Saying I've got so much money I can waste on it something like this, while other road users have to use what the are given.

It's like Harry Enfield's Loadsamoney character. Completely unappealling.

Sure but I know plenty of people that think those that drive Ferraris, porches etc are wankers. Those people have done well in life and want to buy some nice stuff for themselves and why shouldn't they have that stuff without the negative feeling from others? A number plate is no different, just less extravagant, if that's what they want why not? What's it got to do with you?

We have a real problem in this country with bad feeling towards those that make a lot of money in life and want to splash it a bit. As much as Americans piss me off at times the have nots have a good attitude to it all. They aren't 'you fucking wanker', they aspire to be that guy, that's a much better attitude to have in life and I wish more here had it tbh.

As I said in my last post we should all just worry about ourselves rather than others.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 04, 2011, 03:38:12 PM »

Having a personalised number plate is like putting two fingers up to the rest of the world. Saying I've got so much money I can waste on it something like this

Do you feel the same way about poker players who wear ridiculously expensive hoodie's and watch's?

This would be no different imo. I have a fake Breitling btw lol
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: February 04, 2011, 03:38:47 PM »

Keith if i buy DG 61RGY would you think i was a tosser? thats my initials and my nickname on a plate i can pick up for £400. Would u think i was a knob if i was driving round with it on a modest new car id bought for a taxi?

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 04, 2011, 03:39:04 PM »

I dont see that a personailsed #plate is flaunting wealth imo
everyone treats themselves to extravengcies many other people are not privileged enough to enjoy, and I dont think they should be embarrased about it at all, flaunting as in rubbing someone down cos you have £££ and they dont is clearly being a dick, but I dont think that here

MY MATE RICHIE THOMAS GOT AN OLD 1998 VOLVO ITS WORTH £400 MAX,.,.,.THE PLATE HE HAS ON IT IT,.,.

PAR lT  HE HAS BEEN OFFERDE £40K FOR THE PLATE FROM NATIONAL NUMBERS ,.,.ALSO OFFERED£20 FROM ME FOR IT
ALSO OFFERED £60K A FEW YEARS AGO FROM NICK FALDO,.,.,.
ITS ON HIF fooked up volvo coz he likes it,.,.,.its not always about the moneyyyyyyy,.y,.y,.y,.y,.y,.,.yy,.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 04, 2011, 03:39:40 PM »

Keith what do you make of first class flights and people who take them?

I just think you're going way OTT on this whole debate. The 'poor people' argument can be applied to almost anything. Does it mean we shouldn't drink expensive bottles of wine? Or go to very expensive restaurants etc?

Do you feel guilty eating a meal thats costing you £200 when there are kids in Africa who could be fed for months on that money and in reality you could have something adequate at home for £10?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: February 04, 2011, 03:41:14 PM »

The Major in Leeds has A1 on his car. Also alot of my wifes friends drive 4*4 and slap a cheap private plate on it to hide its age, keeping up with the Jones.
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 04, 2011, 03:42:27 PM »

Keith if i buy DG 61RGY would you think i was a tosser? thats my initials and my nickname on a plate i can pick up for £400. Would u think i was a knob if i was driving round with it on a modest new car id bought for a taxi?

To be honest, if I saw a personalised number plate on a modest car I would assume the driver is nuts.

Why not spend the extra money on getting a nicer car?

If I knew you had "only" spent £400 on it I would still think its a complete waste of money, but wouldn't think so badly about it.

Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: February 04, 2011, 03:44:22 PM »

To be honest, if I saw a personalised number plate on a modest car I would assume the driver is nuts.

Why not spend the extra money on getting a nicer car?

If I knew you had "only" spent £400 on it I would still think its a complete waste of money, but wouldn't think so badly about it.

Its going to be used for a taxi doing shit loads of miles so i wouldnt buy a more expensive car. The plate means nothing to anybody else except me and its something ive wanted. Not cos i want to be above anybody else.

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: February 04, 2011, 03:44:45 PM »

feeling so guilty for having a porsche 3 personal number plates and 4 christian audiger hoodies and being on paternatiy leave for 4 years. fml

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: February 04, 2011, 03:44:55 PM »

oh i forgot he plays golf and hes shite,.,.,.he bought the plate in i think 1996 from dvla figure in mind was either £4-5k  he was offerd £10k the next day for it,.,.by a guy whos wife went into labour day of auction and he did not attend,.,.there was a big write up in the south wales echo about it,.,.im searching to try and find it,.,.if any one can find i will ship them £25

richie thomas fruiter/bookmaker
cardiff around 1996-1997
private number plate
PAR lT

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: February 04, 2011, 03:45:07 PM »

everyone treats themselves to extravengcies many other people are not privileged enough to enjoy, and I dont think they should be embarrased about it at all, flaunting as in rubbing someone down cos you have £££ and they dont is clearly being a dick, but I dont think that here

I don't see how having a personised plate is anything apart from flaunting your wealth.

Arguments can be made about how having a nice car, nice watch, top grade tv etc etc can improve your life.

How exactly does a personalised plate improve your life?

Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 04, 2011, 03:47:28 PM »

I don't see how having a personised plate is anything apart from flaunting your wealth.

Arguments can be made about how having a nice car, nice watch, top grade tv etc etc can improve your life.

How exactly does a personalised plate improve your life?

Im wouldnt be flaunting my wealth. Id have a numberplate on my car that has my nickname on rather than a random one that means nothing.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 ... 42 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: