blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:42:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  wow just wow,wow,wow FLUSHY
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 ... 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: wow just wow,wow,wow FLUSHY  (Read 83789 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: February 04, 2011, 05:05:33 PM »

I dont see that a personailsed #plate is flaunting wealth imo
everyone treats themselves to extravengcies many other people are not privileged enough to enjoy, and I dont think they should be embarrased about it at all, flaunting as in rubbing someone down cos you have £££ and they dont is clearly being a dick, but I dont think that here

MY MATE RICHIE THOMAS GOT AN OLD 1998 VOLVO ITS WORTH £400 MAX,.,.,.THE PLATE HE HAS ON IT IT,.,.

PAR lT  HE HAS BEEN OFFERDE £40K FOR THE PLATE FROM NATIONAL NUMBERS ,.,.ALSO OFFERED£20 FROM ME FOR IT
ALSO OFFERED £60K A FEW YEARS AGO FROM NICK FALDO,.,.,.
ITS ON HIF fooked up volvo coz he likes it,.,.,.its not always about the moneyyyyyyy,.y,.y,.y,.y,.y,.,.yy,.

I think you're agreeing with me here (?) but either way yes i absolutely agree
+1

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: February 04, 2011, 05:08:02 PM »

Apart from maybe rappers I can't think of a group of people who are more wasteful with money than poker players

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #437 on: February 04, 2011, 05:09:30 PM »

Apart from maybe rappers I can't think of a group of people who are more wasteful with money than poker players

This 1000000000000000%
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #438 on: February 04, 2011, 05:10:25 PM »

Premiership footballers

Elton John

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: February 04, 2011, 05:13:19 PM »

Roman Abramovich  Wink

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #440 on: February 04, 2011, 05:14:06 PM »

me, obv.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #441 on: February 04, 2011, 05:14:17 PM »

When I travel with Virgin Upper, I don't even get on the plane first - I just join the ordinary queue. It's my abs fav bit of small schlong, inverted snobbery in the whole world

sola virtus nobilitat
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #442 on: February 04, 2011, 05:34:09 PM »

hey sofa ill buy "FLUSHY" off ya £1200 cash?

should i go back on the tools I'd need it for me plumbing van innit

but seeing as i aint VAT registred ill have to have it for 20% less
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: February 04, 2011, 05:40:15 PM »

when i bought flushy i obv had flushy in mind
i phoned quite a few of my poker FRIENDS  and asked tham all what do you think its worth
before i could say anything 99% of them all said words to this.,.,
F-OO-K ME flushy off BLONDE WILL PAY YOU £30-40-50 EVEN 100K FOR IT LOL I DID,..,.,
and these are all big mates of flushys,..,.,

What mates of mine would tell you i would pay that much money for a plate? Doubt you have the numbers of any of my mates.

You keep saying its not about the money yet you are trying to make a profit off me??

I figure you got it for 1800, i will pay 2k to give you a drink on top for finding it, if you had come to me and said oh look at this figured you might like it i would have bunged you 200 for the lead if i bought it so its same to me either way.

Personally if i was looking around and found some super rare train book for example i would not buy it tack on x% extra and then flog it to tikay, i would just tell him where he can get the book.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: February 04, 2011, 06:00:17 PM »

Agree with Camel on this. All things listed meals, 1st class flights, expensive cars etc can be purchased for reasons other than just being a knob. Obv knobs buy them too to feel important but the license plate offers you nothing else.
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #445 on: February 04, 2011, 06:26:01 PM »

I can understand why people may travel first class, for comfort etc., but I think the argument against private plates falls apart when compared to expensive meals, watches or jewelry etc. These items are bought for the pleasure of the owner as is buying a private plate.

I don't know either Camel or Sofa but both of them have my respect for different reasons but I think I'm on Team Sofa for this argument though.

(for clarification I do own a private plate)

Ah! The element of surprise
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #446 on: February 04, 2011, 06:32:38 PM »

women?
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #447 on: February 04, 2011, 06:39:59 PM »

I said 'people' barry

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: February 04, 2011, 06:49:22 PM »

*** FOR SALE ***

CH10 MPY

One previous owner. £3,000 ono (£12,000 ovno to Celtic/Nirvana)

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Moskvich

View Profile
« Reply #449 on: February 04, 2011, 07:04:44 PM »

This is actually a really interesting topic, and I'm sure plenty of economists/sociologists would have something to say on it. There are a lot of false comparisons being made in this thread, and a lot of distinctions that aren't being made.

For instance, buying a private reg plate is not comparable with buying a bigger house, or a nicer watch. In fact, it's like buying a house that's worth 200k but choosing to pay 400k for it, and then putting a whacking great sign on the front of it that says, "This house cost £400k". The private reg plate doesn't do anything different, isn't nicer, and contributes nothing to your life except in its role as that sign. It isn't comparable to the tattoo or the jewelery that makes you stand out or look different - because it's just a sign next to you that points to you and says, "This guy stands out and looks different (and has money)".

On the other side of the argument can sometimes of course be the fact that it isn't necessarily a waste of money at all (much less so, in fact, than a first class plane ticket, which is worth nothing once you've arrived at your destination, or than a car or watch that immediately becomes second-hand once you've owned it for a minute). As long as there remains a market for it, it can be an investment in the same way that a piece of art or a bottle of wine can be. It feels like a fragile investment (and probably is) because its worth isn't intrinsic and is based only on what someone else is willing to pay for it, but that isn't all that unusual - tulip bulbs and modern art are maybe comparable.

As a bit of an aside, I can see therefore that buying the A1 number plate, for example, isn't a waste of money at all - it's just an investment, as someone else will always want it. I can't imagine that anyone would pay a quarter of a million for a Bellway plate, on the other hand - because as soon as Bellway buy it, it's surely worthless, so it would actually cost the company an unrecoverable quarter of a million. The Flushy plate would suffer from the same problem, I suppose, though to a lesser extent.

As another aside, though you can probably tell this from the above, I generally agree with Keith...
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 ... 42 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: