blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:46:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  christianity and poker
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: christianity and poker  (Read 15324 times)
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2010, 07:20:04 PM »

Hey Jesus, here's 2 loaves and 5 fishes, sort out the players buffet please. Oh, whilst you're at it change this water into Guinness for the ChezGer home game.

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
bhoywonder

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2010, 07:40:11 PM »

Lazurus......I raise you.......

may your god go with you

Scottish Open Apat online gold medal winner 2008
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2010, 07:48:11 PM »

Hey Jesus, here's 2 loaves and 5 fishes, sort out the players buffet please. Oh, whilst you're at it change this water into Guinness for the ChezGer home game.

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2010, 07:57:39 PM »

Lazurus......I raise you.......

Tyndale..... staking thread.......

The older I get, the better I was.
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2010, 08:00:16 PM »

Proverbs 22:27
"Slageth off ye not DTD lest ye be banished"

weeee so awesome.

Kin pwning a thread again as usual.

And just seem Dmorgans first post above.

All I have to say coming from a what i'd call pretty dam religious Christian family, is

RELIGION ............ LOL.

It's like feel free to attempt any proof you want, oh what's that we just have to believe what you say because it makes you feel better about life, ..... ok cool.
The-Crow
~*v*~ (_)? ~*v*~

loves SkyPoker

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2010, 08:05:17 PM »

Playing cards in Church  by Wink Martindale

The best alltime excuse for playing cards in Church, on a Sunday, during the sermon,

don't let all this stuff scare ya.  its all a bit of fun
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2010, 08:46:11 PM »

let me get this right.  you are applauding your own posts?  are you sure you're well enough to be back Rob? Wink

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2010, 08:52:00 PM »

let me get this right.  you are applauding your own posts?  are you sure you're well enough to be back Rob? Wink

Obv not, I was trying to praise the Lazurus post. Not very good at this posting thing it seems.

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2010, 09:41:26 PM »

Obv not, I was trying to praise the Lazurus post. Not very good at this posting thing it seems.

well i thought it was a very good post dear. you clap away Smiley

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2010, 09:48:20 PM »

Thank you for your comment and the warm feeling of being totally patronised Wink

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2010, 10:02:09 PM »

Thank you for your comment and the warm feeling of being totally patronised Wink

That smiley is going to want paying overtime soon.  Smiley

Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2010, 10:07:06 PM »

It's having a rest now 

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2010, 10:10:57 PM »

It's having a rest now 

Roll Eyes

thetank

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2010, 11:29:47 PM »

Supposedly poker is about keeping secrets and religion is about spreading the word.

If this is true I'm not very good at either.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
brado

it came back up 3 hours later

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2010, 01:17:41 PM »

I knelt at the Thai buddist shrine in vegas asking for a clear mind to help me play cards with a clear mind on one occassion (i think i won that tourney) and have also been bought up a strong christian and I don't really see a conflict in playing cards as long as you don't cheat, don't take advantage of the vulnerable and always show respect at the table.

I do find those who pray to God to help spike a river card a bit sickening, such as in the youtube video link on this thread, as that not is what any God should be there for. God is there to keep us from tilt imo
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 01:21:53 PM by brado » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: