blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 04:51:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272886 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Luton & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 269 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Luton & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 406987 times)
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 05, 2011, 07:12:43 PM »

You can tell I've never been hit, look at my nose.

was a joke too obv, though I am damn tough

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 05, 2011, 07:16:40 PM »

My diary seems to have started a rush of new diaries on The Rail, and that in turn has led to a debate as to whether they should be moved to The Lounge.

I don't mind where it's put to be honest, but some of the reasons for moving it were quite funny.

So, back to work yesterday. I hate my job, but then I'm sure I'm not alone with that feeling. But i really do hate it. I work for the Local Authority, we provide playschemes in the school holidays. My job is to book the kids in and contact the parents with Special Needs to arrange transport etc. As the playschemes only run during the school holidays, i find myself with a lot of time on my hands at work. I used to offer to do stuff for people but found myself doing stuff for people that didn't do a lot in the first place and they were getting paid more than double than i was, so i stopped offering. The people I work with are great to be fair, and have been good to me in the past. I work in an out building away from from the main council offices and have my own office, which makes me sound important, but I'm really not, it's just the way the office is set up, so if i sit there and do nothing, then no one notices. It's mind numbingly boring most of the time.

My current job is the root of my financial problems IMO, I was unable to go out looking for properly paid work for a while, but to be fair, since i have been in a position to do so, I haven't bothered. Lack of motivation ftw. I became single for the first time in years at the beginning of October and my salary covers about 65% of my monthly outgoings so it needs addressing!! So, I'm gonna set my 1st goal of the diary, and that's to find a new job.

The problem is I don't know what i want to do! I'm 37 and still not decided Smiley About 15 months ago i toyed with doing IR betting on betfair, might have been beginners luck but i done ok, the problem was i didn't have any money behind me so had to take money off for living expenses etc. Then when my mentor went on holiday i decided that i was better getting a job than doing that. It's still something i would like to do but only once i have a bit of money behind me so that i know i can give it a few months without worrying. Another option is to try something totally different, in another country. The easiest option would be to move to Scotland or Malta, I have family in both countries and my mum & dad have a flat in Malta so i could move there for the price of a plane ticket. I'm gonna spend the next couple of weeks thinking long & hard about what i want to do and where.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 05, 2011, 07:22:59 PM »

Tell us more about your IR mentor, was it Chumpy or Sir Donks Cumference

Also, please move to Scotland x

sola virtus nobilitat
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 05, 2011, 07:25:44 PM »

Vinny

I am interested in some background. Your family is Maltese but you were brought up in Scotland? How did you end up in the Home Counties?

Where are your roots strongest?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 05, 2011, 07:38:29 PM »

Tell us more about your IR mentor, was it Chumpy or Sir Donks Cumference

Also, please move to Scotland x

LOL at Sir Cumference, very funny and very topical. Glad you have noticed how large he has got, even from as far away as Vegas. Seen your pics on fbook by the way, all looked very gay. Were women banned from being around you?

Chumpy was the mentor would give me some info on the courses etc, despite his stupid look he is quite knowledgeable. Hard to believe i know. I then had to press the buttons during the race, quite exciting at times, always good when you get it right, shitty when you get it wrong. I done some fk ups, pressed wrong buttons at the wrong times, and it cost me, but it was all part of the learning process. I enjoyed it, and the hours were good. I may go back to it for weekends or something and see what happens from there.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 05, 2011, 07:57:03 PM »

Vinny

I am interested in some background. Your family is Maltese but you were brought up in Scotland? How did you end up in the Home Counties?

Where are your roots strongest?

My mum is Scottish & My Dad is Maltese, They met in Glasgow in the 60's, not entirely sure how my dad ended up in Glasgow, I know he originally moved to North London 50 years ago from Malta. Probably went up there for work, which is funny really as we left Glasgow in 1984 so he could get a better job, We lived in a tenement in Easterhouse in the east end of Glasgow and got a Council transfer to Tottenham, then a few years later another transfer to Potters Bar, where they still live now. Who woulda thought people would move to Tottenham for a better life eh?

My roots are definitely strongest in Scotland i would say, I was brought up there for the first 11 years of my life. I've only ever been to Malta for holidays. Albeit about 20 odd times.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 05, 2011, 07:59:18 PM »

I am currently logged into Greeky's full tilt account. He has been subjected to some sort of account hacking on ipoker today and has asked me to stay logged in until he gets home in case they hack his tilt acct. He said its 'his world' in tilt.

Spin up on the 5/10 one time?

sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 05, 2011, 08:00:28 PM »

I am currently logged into Greeky's full tilt account. He has been subjected to some sort of account hacking on ipoker today and has asked me to stay logged in until he gets home in case they hack his tilt acct. He said its 'his world' in tilt.

why the fk didnt he ask his best buddy sovietsong?

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 05, 2011, 08:02:28 PM »

why the fk didnt he ask his best buddy sovietsong?

Did i say greekstein, oh i meant err, someone else Smiley

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 05, 2011, 08:47:13 PM »

how is laxie going to pca?
Vince says:
 eh?
Boba Fett says:
 http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=51312.0
Vince says:
 oh right
 laxie goes to a lot of the big events
Boba Fett says:
 r u serious?
 i thought she played apats and fiver games at the pub
Vince says:
 plays them as well for fun
 she was at the caribbean adventure or whatever it was
 min cashed
 the one where Pab min cashed too
 or maybe just ouside the bubble?
 sure she done some WPT's too
 ALso flies over over the £1k game at Palm Beack on the first monday of the month in London
Boba Fett says:
 ur kidding me right?
Vince says:
 No
 serious
Boba Fett says:
 i was certain she played poker once per month maximum
Vince says:
 Nah,
 she just doesn't tell everyone

gg Boba

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 05, 2011, 08:50:57 PM »

lolz. c&p to the caption comp thread, guaranteed winnah

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Pelham Boy

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 05, 2011, 08:52:49 PM »

"The boy Gedge has written some of the best love songs of the Rock 'n' Roll Era. You may dispute this, but I'm right and you're wrong!" John Peel.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 05, 2011, 08:54:07 PM »

Caption thread delivers.Please post it on there!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 05, 2011, 08:54:38 PM »

Done.

Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 05, 2011, 08:58:00 PM »

lol, she didnt post in the PCA thread, she win a package or taking a coincidental holiday or wot?

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 269 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: