blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 12:18:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272891 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 1073 1074 1075 1076 [1077] 1078 1079 1080 1081 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2582264 times)
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #16140 on: July 17, 2013, 07:28:20 PM »

no i don't know how to do that. anyone? Cheesy

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #16141 on: July 17, 2013, 07:30:35 PM »

Secondly, I am not in Stato's league for online MTTs at all

Interested by this Alexander.

You both sold for the main at the same price. Who undersold themselves the most?

Do you think you are better live than stato is?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #16142 on: July 17, 2013, 07:32:50 PM »

You both sold for the main at the same price. Who undersold themselves the most?

I'm not saying that, I think I am better live than I am online. Very probing questions Cheesy

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #16143 on: July 17, 2013, 07:43:54 PM »

Is it possible to overlay that graph with your earnings over the period? Not saying that I or anyone other than you should see it, certainly notwith actual values attached, but it might confirm or otherwise your sense of the mix of live/ online.

Sure OK. This is monthly data so you cant see swings within the month. The live tournament line misrepresents it a bit since when I was staked I (incorrectly) never recorded tournaments I bricked I just took that into account when I got out of makeup. Eg. Bricking 8 £1ks and then cashing one for £10k would go down as one single tournament with a £1k profit.

But it gives you a good idea.

I'm expressing this poorly, and there may be nothing interesting in the results but I was more interested to see how your total poker income month by month varied as the proportion of live cash/tourneys/online varied. And again, not from a prurient how much do you make, but more thinking that it might be interesting if, say, the months when you played most online were most profitable overall even though that profit had come from live cash.

meh probably a daft idea, but even at my level I've been aware of times when it seems that what I learn in playing a chunk handful of online MTTs has spilled over into my live game. Even though the online games were unprofitable they contributed to profits live. Make any sense of that?

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #16144 on: July 17, 2013, 07:51:03 PM »

Is it possible to overlay that graph with your earnings over the period? Not saying that I or anyone other than you should see it, certainly notwith actual values attached, but it might confirm or otherwise your sense of the mix of live/ online.

Sure OK. This is monthly data so you cant see swings within the month. The live tournament line misrepresents it a bit since when I was staked I (incorrectly) never recorded tournaments I bricked I just took that into account when I got out of makeup. Eg. Bricking 8 £1ks and then cashing one for £10k would go down as one single tournament with a £1k profit.

But it gives you a good idea.

I'm expressing this poorly, and there may be nothing interesting in the results but I was more interested to see how your total poker income month by month varied as the proportion of live cash/tourneys/online varied. And again, not from a prurient how much do you make, but more thinking that it might be interesting if, say, the months when you played most online were most profitable overall even though that profit had come from live cash.

meh probably a daft idea, but even at my level I've been aware of times when it seems that what I learn in playing a chunk handful of online MTTs has spilled over into my live game. Even though the online games were unprofitable they contributed to profits live. Make any sense of that?

Yeh it makes sense, but you won't gain any insight about that from monthly figures (lol variance etc) but if you feel it in yourself, and you feel your game has improved because of some volume online then thatll tell you way more than if you happened to have a few good sessions or few bad sessions.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #16145 on: July 17, 2013, 07:52:22 PM »

How much did you lose?
PathFinder

@AWI_POKER

View Profile
« Reply #16146 on: July 17, 2013, 08:00:05 PM »

How much did you lose?

See November 2012....
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #16147 on: July 17, 2013, 08:00:48 PM »

T

I'm not saying that, I think I am better live than I am online. Very probing questions Cheesy

You are better live than stato I think . Stato is defo better than lots of u online .

FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #16148 on: July 17, 2013, 08:37:50 PM »

Its a Tough Gig  !
stato_1

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #16149 on: July 17, 2013, 09:12:01 PM »

We didn't sell at same price. I sold at less because I am incredibly disorganised and wanted to sell out quicker care about my backers more
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #16150 on: July 17, 2013, 09:17:22 PM »

We didn't sell at same price. I sold at less because I am incredibly disorganised and wanted to sell out quicker care about my backers more and I knew I shit at live ..

Ohhhhhhhhh. Thinking of backers
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #16151 on: July 17, 2013, 09:31:46 PM »

everyone's so level headed these days ffs

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
stato_1

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #16152 on: July 17, 2013, 09:36:35 PM »

everyone's so level headed on their public diary these days ffs

FYP
Lambert180

View Profile
« Reply #16153 on: July 18, 2013, 08:38:45 PM »

Hey Alex,

Don't post on here a lot but been reading a bit of your recent diary posts and thought I'd say hello. Tikay briefly introduced me to you a few months ago when I was playing the £1100 Monte Carlo for Team Sky Poker at DTD.

You gonna be at DTD to defend your title at the SPT 6-max?
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #16154 on: July 20, 2013, 07:31:34 AM »

Hey Alex,

Don't post on here a lot but been reading a bit of your recent diary posts and thought I'd say hello. Tikay briefly introduced me to you a few months ago when I was playing the £1100 Monte Carlo for Team Sky Poker at DTD.

You gonna be at DTD to defend your title at the SPT 6-max?

Hi, welcome to the diary! Yes, barring some unlikely turn of events I'll be at DTD to play the 6max, really looking forward to it actually. See you there I presume (/assume?).

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Pages: 1 ... 1073 1074 1075 1076 [1077] 1078 1079 1080 1081 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: